With digitization taking the helm of the market, and with the latest demonetisation putting cashless transactions under the spotlight, rolling out an internet banking facility for banks is now imperative. Like most other banks, IDBI Bank too has their own internet banking platform - that has made banking processes at the fingertips of their customers, besides the fact that it comes with world-class security.
Table of Contents
- Online Payment Services through IDBI Bank Internet Banking
- What is the Process to Activate or Register the IDBI Net Banking Facilities?
- What is the Procedure to Login to IDBI Net Banking Portal?
- What is the Procedure to Check the Balance on the IDBI Net Banking Portal?
- What is the Procedure to Transfer Funds on the IDBI Net Banking Portal?
- What are the Transaction Limits under the IDBI Net Banking Portal?
- Credit Card Payment on the IDBI Net Banking Portal
- Features and Benefits of IDBI Bank Net Banking
- IDBI Net Banking FAQs
Online Payment Services through IDBI Bank Internet Banking
- Customers having an online banking account can shop at associate merchants listed under the bank.
- They can shop at e-stores as well.
- Customers can make fund transfers through IMPS, RTGS and NEFT services.
What is the Process to Activate or Register the IDBI Net Banking Facilities?
The step-by-step procedure to activate the net banking facilities is mentioned below:
- You must visit IDBI Bank’s internet banking page (https://inet.idbibank.co.in/corp/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=IBKL&AppType=corporate).
- Click on ‘Continue to Login’.
- On the next page, click on ‘Generate Online Password’.
- Next, you must enter the Customer ID, Account Number, and the mobile number that is linked to the account. The Customer ID can be found on the cheque book and passbook. Click on ‘Submit’.
- Next, select ‘Generate New Password’. Click on ‘Proceed’.
- On the next page, you must enter your 16-digit Debit Card number, ATM Pin, and the card expiry date. Click on ‘Generate OTP’ after you accept the terms and conditions.
- You will receive the Request ID and OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter the details on the next page and click on ‘Confirm’.
- On the next page, you must create new Login and Transaction Passwords. You must opt for the Enable Transaction Facility as well. Click on ‘Confirm’ to complete the registration process.
- You will be able to login to the net banking portal with the help of the Customer ID and Login password.
IDBI customers must follow the same procedure in case they forget the password and want to reset it.
What is the Procedure to Login to IDBI Net Banking Portal?
The step-by-step procedure to log in to the internet banking portal is mentioned below:
- You must visit the internet banking page of IDBI Bank (https://inet.idbibank.co.in/corp/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=IBKL&AppType=corporate).
- Next, click on ‘Continue to Login’.
- On the next page, you must enter the Customer ID, password, and select the Start In page.
- Click on ‘Login’ once the above details have been entered.
- The next page will have all the rules and regulations and the terms and conditions. Click on ‘Agree’ once you have read all the details.
- The next page will be the main page of your net banking portal.
What is the Procedure to Check the Balance on the IDBI Net Banking Portal?
IDBI Bank customers can check the balance easily on the net banking portal. However, they must complete the registration process. Once they have registered for net banking, they must log in to their net banking portal. The balance that is available in all their IDBI accounts will be available on the Home Page. Apart from the balance, IDBI customers can also check their previous transactions as well as check and download the bank statement as well.
What is the Procedure to Transfer Funds on the IDBI Net Banking Portal?
In order to transfer funds by using the net banking portal, you must add the account that you are transferring funds to as a beneficiary. The step-by-step procedure to transfer funds from IDBI to other bank accounts is mentioned below:
- You must log in to your net banking portal using the Customer ID and password.
- Next, you must click on the ‘Transfers’ tab and then click on ‘Start’.
- On the next page, you must select ‘National Electronics Funds Transfer’.
- Next, you must select ‘Make a Payment to a Registered NEFT Beneficiary’.
- Next, from the list of beneficiaries that are displayed on the screen, you must select the relevant beneficiary. In case the account is not displayed, you must add the account as a beneficiary.
- Once you have selected the beneficiary, click on ‘Make Hot Payment’.
- Details of the account such as the account number and beneficiary name will be displayed on the screen.
- Next, you enter the amount that must be transferred as well as the account from where the money must be transferred from.
- Next, click on ‘Pay’.
- On the next page, you must enter the Customer ID and Transaction Password.
- Once the above details have been entered, click on ‘Confirm’ for the completion of the process.
What are the Transaction Limits under the IDBI Net Banking Portal?
The daily transfer limits along with the charges are mentioned in the table below:
|Mode of Transfer||Transaction Amount||Charger (Per Transaction)|
|RTGS (Via Branch Channel)||Rs.2 lakh – Rs.5 lakh||Rs.20|
|Above Rs.5 lakh||Rs.40|
|IMPS||Up to Rs.1,000||Nil|
|Above Rs.1,000 – Rs.1 lakh||Rs.5|
|Above Rs.1 lakh||Rs.15|
|NEFT (Via Branch Channel)||Up to Rs.10,000||Rs.1|
|Above Rs.10,000 – Rs.1 lakh||Rs.3|
|Above Rs.1 lakh – Rs.2 lakh||Rs.9|
|Above Rs.2 lakh||Rs.15|
|NEFT (via Mobile and Netbanking)||Free|
Credit Card Payment on the IDBI Net Banking Portal
IDBI Bank credit card holders can easily make their credit card payments on the online portal. You must log in to the net banking portal and make the payment for either the full amount or the minimum amount. The amount will be deducted from your savings or current account.
You can also make the payment via NEFT. Even though NEFT payments are not convenient, the processing of the payment gets completed in a lesser time when compared to other forms of payments. You will need to enter the credit card number as the account number, the beneficiary bank will be ‘IDBI Bank Ltd.’, and the IFSC code will be IBKL0NEFT01.
Features and Benefits of IDBI Bank Net Banking
The main benefits and features of IDBI Bank’s internet banking facility are mentioned below:
- Account balance can be checked.
- Transactions can be tracked, and the history of transactions can be viewed.
- The bank statement can be viewed and downloaded.
- Any queries in relation to the account can be made.
- Loan statement details can be viewed.
- You can check the status of a cheque.
- Various Demat account details can be viewed.
- Cheque book request can be made.
- You can open a Fixed Deposit and a Recurring Deposit.
- You can apply for an Initial Public Offering (IPO).
- Payments can be stopped.
- DTH and mobile recharge can be done.
- Various online payment services are available.
- Funds can be transferred easily.
IDBI Net Banking FAQs
Can you tell me what is internet banking?
Internet banking basically means that almost all or most banking processes can be done online via a customer’s online bank account. Internet banking has made banking seamless, efficient and convenient for customers.
Are there any charges for internet banking? What is the eligibility?
There is no such thing as an eligibility for IDBI Bank internet banking. If you have a savings, current, Demat account, you can register for the internet banking facility. There are no charges.
How safe is internet banking with IDBI Bank?
IDBI has world class security for their online banking facilities. The platform is equipped with a 128-bit encryption SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), digitally certified by VeriSign.
What is the procedure to open a online account with IDBI Bank?
A customer can download the registration form from IDBI Bank homepage. Once he/she has filled in the form will all the required details, he/she will have to submit the form at the closest IDBI Bank branch. The verification process will then take place and the bank will get back to the customer once the application has been approved.
What processes can be done using internet banking?
A customer can transfer funds, check his/her balance and verify past transactions, request for a cheque book, stop a cheque payment, amongst the many other functions that can be carried out with internet banking.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- ICICI Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811