Savings accounts are started so that depositors can earn interest out of the money put in the account. Though you are not allowed to use money in the savings account directly, it is an ideal way to keep aside a part of your liquid assets for the future. It basically translates to more interest and faster accumulation. But it is imperative to compare as not every savings account is made equal. There are several broad and varying aspects like interest rates, minimum deposit requirement and more to think through before picking one.
IDBI Savings Accounts present you with an all-inclusive financial solution with various options to manage your money sensibly.
How to open IDBI Bank Saving Account online
Applying to open an IDBI Bank Savings Account is quite easy. You just need to call or visit your nearest IDBI office and one of the staff will take you through the process. Customers can also apply for an IDBI Savings Account through the bank website by submitting a duly filled online application form.
IDBI Bank Saving Account interest rate
|Savings Bank Rate||4 percent|
|Base Rate||10 percent|
|Current BPLR||14.50 percent|
IDBI Bank Minimum Balance
|Suraksha Plus Savings||INR 5000||SuperSavings Account||INR 5000|
|SuperShakti Account (For Women)||INR 5000|
|Jubilee Plus Account (For Senior Citizens)||0|
|Being Me Account||INR 2500|
|Power Kidz Account||INR 1500|
|Small Account (Relaxed KYC)||0|
|Sabka Basic Savings Account (Complete KYC)||0|
|Pension Savings Account (Central Govt. Emp)||0|
|Capital Gain Account Scheme||INR 10,000|
Features & Benefits of IDBI Savings Account
- Quicker fund transactions with online facilities to pay your bills and tax.
- It is a great means to accrue money as you can earn more interest by opting for a suitable IDBI Saving Account when compared to other instant banking options.
- You get a global debit card and passbook as you open an account.
- You can easily deposit DDs, cheque or cash.
- Along with saving a great deal, you also get rebates and gifts on travel.
Types of Savings Account with IDBI
- Suraksha Plus Savings:
- SuperSavings Account
- SuperShakti Account (For Women)
- Jubilee Plus Account (For Senior Citizens)
- Being Me Account
- Power Kidz Account
- Small Account (Relaxed KYC)
- Sabka Basic Savings Account (Complete KYC)
- Pension Savings Account (Central Government. Emp)
- Capital Gain Account Scheme
There are no transaction charges when you use an IDBI ATM. The first five transactions in other banks’ ATM is also not charged. After that a small fee of INR 20 will be charged for withdrawing money and INR 8 will be levied for checking your balance.Conclusion
A thriving savings account reflects well on the account user’s credit score and amazing skill for cash management. It is strongly recommended that you retain a specific amount for foreseen or unforeseen crisis in your savings account. You are advised to save enough money that will last you for at least six months. It is an ideal and perfect means to get you through a true contingency without upsetting your financial stability.