IDBI Bank offers a mobile banking facility that allows customers to access their account details on the go. Their mobile banking facilities can be easily activated by downloading the app. To access this service, it important to be registered with the bank or via net banking.
Key Highlights of IDBI Bank Mobile Banking
- Instant payments
- Transfer funds
- Check demat account
- Bill payment
- DTH recharge
IDBI Bank offers mobile banking app offers a wide range of banking services to their customers. To improve the customer’s banking experience, IDBI Bank has introduced a simple, user-friendly Go Mobile app. This app allows their customers to bank on the go even during non-banking hours. People do everything they can to save time these days as time is very precious. To help IDBI Bank account holders save their time, IDBI Bank has introduced Go Mobile app. Whether customers want to recharge their prepaid mobile phone or pay their credit card bills, Go Mobile app will help them do it at ease.
IDBI Bank Mobile Banking Features
SMS Banking: IDBI’s SMS banking is very convenient and simple to use. Customers should just type the request code to 9821043718 to get account related information. Customers can enquire about their balance, fixed deposits enquiry, last 3 transactions, cheque payment status, and pending bills.
IDBI Bank Demat: Using Go Mobile app, customers can check their Demat account. They can obtain details about their Demat account.
EBPP: Electronic Bill Presentation and Payment Feature offered by IDBI Bank allows customers to pay their utility bills online using the bank’s internet banking service. This feature helps customers make their payment on time.
Other features of IDBI Bank Mobile Banking includes:
- Immediate Payment services/NEFT transfers/RTGS transfers
- Mobile and DTH recharge services
- Bill payment services and more
IDBI Mobile Banking Registeration
To register for IDBI Bank’s mobile banking services, you can follow any of these modes:
- Net Banking: If you are already a net banking customer with IDBI, you can register for the mobile banking services through it. Visit the IDBI net banking portal and select the relevant option to register for mobile banking.
- Visiting IDBI branch: You can also visit the nearest IDBI branch and fill out the ‘Channel Registration Form’. The form can be collected from the branch or downloaded from the bank’s website. After filling out all the necessary details, you can submit your registration request.
Once the registration is approved, you will receive a mobile banking activation SMS on your registered mobile number. Since the confirmation is sent on your registered number, it is important to make sure that your current number has been updated with the bank and is linked to your account.
After you receive the confirmation SMS, you will have to follow these steps to set your password:
Step 1: Visit IDBI Bank’s official website and select the ‘Set Password Online’ option.
Step 2: Select your preferred channel for mobile banking.
Step 3: Select the preferred access rights from the following options:
Step 4: View access only
Step 5: Full transaction access rights
Step 6: Restricted transaction mode
Step 7: After selecting the access rights, you will be required to set the mobile banking password.
Step 8: You can now use this password to unlock IDBI Bank’s mobile banking services.
IDBI Mobile Banking Login
To log in to IDBI Bank’s mobile banking app, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Download the app from the app store
Step 2: Launch the app and click on ‘Activate App’ if you are a first-time user
Step 3: Upon selecting ‘Activate App’ option, you will be asked to enter your customer ID.
Step 4: An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number for verification.
Step 5: After verification, the mobile app will be activated on your phone.
Step 6: If your mobile banking services are already activated, you can enter your customer ID and MPIN to proceed.
How to Change IDBI mPIN?
The MPIN is a 4-digit security code which you will need to log in to the app. You can follow these steps if you have forgotten your MPIN or want to change it:
Step 1: Launch the IDBI mobile banking app
Step 2: On the login page, click on the ‘Reset MPIN’ option
Step 3: You will be required to enter your customer ID.
Step 4: After providing the customer ID, a verification SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 5: After the number is verified, you can proceed to reset the MPIN.
IDBI Bank Mobile Apps
|IDBI Bank GO Mobile+||
|IDBI Bank mPassbook||
Learn more about IDBI UPI Paywiz App
IDBI Bank Fund Transfer Options
IDBI Bank offers three fund transfer options, namely NEFT, RTGS, and IMPS. For more details on each type of fund transfer, read on.
NEFT: National Electronic Funds Transfer is one of the most sought-after fund transfers in India. It is an electronic fund transfer that allows a customer to transfer funds on a one-to-one basis. This is not like RTGS transfers as it is cleared batch wise. NEFT allows the customers to transfer funds from any bank branch to any individual or company in any other bank branch in the country. IDBI Bank offers excellent NEFT transfer services at minimal charges.
RTGS: Real-time Gross Settlement is a fund transfer method where funds are transferred from one bank to another bank on a “Real-time” basis. Unlike NEFT, it does not have any waiting period for clearance. RTGS system is used during emergency situations or for high-value transactions that demand immediate clearing. Controlled by the Central Bank of India, RTGS is a safe method to transfer funds within India. IDBI Bank offers their customer RTGS fund transfer option.
IMPS- If customers are looking for an immediate fund transfer, IMPS is the right method. Immediate Payment Service is an instant electronic fund transfer service which can be made through mobile phones. IMPS does not have any waiting period as funds get transferred instantly. Go Mobile app provided by IDBI Bank offers IMPS option to transfer funds.
IDBI Bank Fund Transfer Charges and Timings
|Transfer Amount||Charges (exclusive of taxes) for Indus comfort regular, Indus Comfort and Indus Comfort Premium users|
|Up to Rs.10,000||NIL|
|Rs.10,001 - Rs.1 lakh||Rs.5 per transaction|
|Rs.1 lakh - Rs.2 lakh||Rs.15 per transaction|
|Above Rs.2 lakh||Rs.25 per transaction|
|Cut-off timing for processing on the same day|
|BRANCH TIMING||NETBANKING TIMING|
|Monday to Friday||9 am to 7 pm|
|Saturday(excluding 2nd and 4th) - During branch working hours||9 am to 1 pm|
|Transfer Amount||Charges (exclusive of taxes)|
|Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh||Rs.30 per transaction|
|Above Rs. 5 lakhs||Rs.55 per transaction|
|Cut-off timing for processing on the same day|
|Monday to Friday||9 AM to 4:15 PM|
|Saturday(excluding 2nd and 4th)||9 AM to 1 PM|
IDBI Bank Customer Care Numbers
|IDBI||Customer care number|
|Chargeable numbers||022- 66937000/0091-22-66937000|
IDBI Mobile Banking Benefits
The various benefits of IDBI mobile banking are given below:
- Using IDBI Bank mobile banking saves a lot of time as customers don’t have to visit the bank to get the information they are looking for.
- Mobile banking keeps the customers updated about the status of their account frequently.
- As customers are alerted about every transaction made on their account, mobile banking helps fight against fraud. Customer will be able to alert the bank of any unauthorised transactions.
- As IDBI Bank’s mobile banking app has a special feature to pay bills online using the bank’s portal, it helps the customers to pay their bills on time.
- Mobile banking helps customers transfer funds to another account which is very important these days.
- Mobile banking is economical as it is free of cost.
IDBI Bank Mobile Banking Security Measures
- IDBI Bank mobile banking services are offered from a similar browser used in internet banking.
- IDBI Bank mobile banking runs on 128 bit SSL from VeriSign portal which means it is highly secure.
- It also has https:// access to make it even more secure.
- It also works on Intrusion detections system which promises higher security of transacting.
- Customers also get OTP ( One-Time Password) which requires them to approve each transaction.
IDBI Mobile Banking: Do’s and Dont’s
- Always check for the official IDBI URL before using the bank’s mobile banking facility.
- Remember to logout of your mobile banking session by clicking on the “Logout” button and make sure you exit from the browser.
- Make sure you disable the password save options in your mobile browser.
- Make sure you always clear your browser data and cache.
- Change your password frequently.
- Do not write your password or store it on your phone.
- Do not share your mobile banking password with anyone.
- Do not click on any third-party websites, email, or SMS while using mobile banking on your phone.
- Do not click the back button on your phone while trying to go back to the previous page. Use the back button on the navigation tab on the browser.
- Do not enter your login credentials on any third-party website.
- Do not connect your mobile to any unknown, unsecured WiFi connection while using mobile banking app.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.