State Bank of India’s SMS or mobile banking services can be used to carry out a plethora of tasks. The service can be availed by any SBI account holder by following a few simple steps. Customers can register for SBI’s SMS or mobile banking online, by visiting their office, or at an ATM. Once the registration process is complete, customers can avail the below-mentioned services:
- Balance Enquiry
- Mini Statement
- Cheque Book Request
- E-Statement – last 6 month
SMS Banking Activation via Mobile Handset
Given below are the steps that must be followed to activate SMS Banking:
- Send ‘MBSREG’ as an SMS to 9223440000 or 567676. The SMS must be sent from the mobile number you wish to activate the services for.
- You will receive the User ID and Mobile PIN (MPIN).
- Download the bank’s mobile app and log in with the help of the User ID and password.
Registration at SBI Branch
Once the handset validation has been completed, you can visit the SBI Home Branch to complete the registration process. Once the required form is filled and submitted, the Mobile Banking Service will be activated immediately.
Registration at SBI ATM
The registration process that must be followed at an SBI ATM is mentioned below:
- Once the debit card has been swiped, choose the ‘Mobile Registration’ option.
- Next, select Mobile Banking.
- Enter the mobile number. Next, select ‘Yes’.
- Next, you must confirm the mobile number.
- You will receive a slip confirming that the registration process has been completed.
- An SMS will be sent confirming the activation of your account.
The process to complete the registration via OnlineSBI is given below:
- Log in to ‘OnlineSBI’.
- Click on ‘eServices’.
- Select ‘State Bank Freedom’. Ensure that the MPIN is changed and an SMS has been received stating that the handset validation has been completed.
- Click on ‘Registration’.
- The list of accounts will be displayed. Select the account and click on ‘Submit’.
The account that has been selected will be the main account for the mobile banking service. You can register only one account via OnlineSBI.