State Bank of India’s SMS and mobile banking services can be used to carry out a plethora of task. The service can be availed by any SBI account holder by following a few simply steps. Customers can register with SBI’s SMS and mobile banking online or by visiting their office. To register the mobile you need to send the message REG < Account Number > to 09223488888. Once registered, you’ll have access to services like:
- Balance Enquiry
- Mini Statement
- Cheque Book Request
- E-Statement – last 6 month
State Bank of India is certainly one of the most trusted and reliable banks in India and provides multiple facilities to its account holders for easy and quick access to account information and banking over the Internet. SBI’s Mobile Banking facility enables users to make balance enquiries and perform a range of payments and banking functions 24x7 over the Internet.
The SBI mobile app- State Bank FreedoM offers users a safe and convenient way of banking at the tip of their fingers. The facility is available on JAVA, Android, iPhone, Windows mobile phones and users may download the app directly from the SBI website as well as from various app stores.
Register SBI SMS Alert
SBI account holders may opt for SMS Alert service to receive important updates, notifications, and alerts on their banking transactions. Users may register for the SMS alerts service at the branch office or through SBI Internet banking.
Follow the following process to register your account for SMS alerts:
- Make sure that your mobile number is registered with State Bank of India.
- Request for SMS Alerts through Internet banking website of SBI.
- Select the account you wish to activate SMS alerts for and click ‘OK’.
- Choose the events you wish to receive SMS alerts on.
How to Register for SBI Mobile Banking on Your Device?
You may register for the mobile banking service by visiting the SBI branch, by placing a request at any SBI ATM, through SBI Online Banking Website, and over the mobile handset.
Process to be Followed over a Mobile Handset
- To get the User ID and MPIN, type ‘MBSREG’ and send an SMS to 567676/ 9223440000 from your registered mobile number. You will receive a User ID and default MPIN over SMS.
- Download the SBI mobile app- State Bank FreedoM from your respective app store.
- Login to your account using the details received.
- Change your MPIN after first time login.
Registration at SBI Branch
Registration can be completed at the home branch your account belongs to. Mobile banking will immediately be activated for your account after filling up a request form.
Registration at SBI ATM
- Swipe your debit card at the ATM > Choose ‘Mobile Registration’ from the options displayed on the screen > Select ‘Mobile Banking’ > Choose ‘Registration’.
- Enter your mobile number and Select ‘Yes’ > Check your number again and choose ‘Confirm’ if correct.
- Collect the transaction slip and soon you should receive an SMS about the activation of mobile banking for your account.
- Login to Online SBI site > Choose ‘eServices’ > Click ‘State Bank Freedom’ mentioned on the left side of the page. (you should receive a message notifying handset validation)
- Select ‘Registration’ from the top menu bar > Select the account to be activated for mobile banking > Submit.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- ICICI Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811