For the ease of transacting, Punjab National Bank has introduced the mobile banking facility for its customers known as PNB Mobile. Quick, convenient and simple, this mobile banking service can be used on different types of mobile handsets and offers customers the freedom of carrying out banking related transactions and activities right from their mobile phone. From carrying out fund transfers and paying for purchases, customers can schedule future transactions as well. PNB Mobile includes the smartphone app which is mBanking. Customers who do not have smartphones of data enables mobile phones can also make use of PNB’s SMS Banking or NUUP based banking service.
How to Register for PNB Mobile Banking App
To register for Punjab National Bank’s mobile banking app, it is important to register your mobile number with the bank first. If you have already registered your mobile number, you can directly register the mobile banking services on the app.
If you haven’t updated your mobile number, you easily do so by visiting PNB’s branch and submitting a request to update your mobile number. After your phone number has been registered with the bank, you can follow these steps to activate the mobile banking services:
- Download PNB mobile banking app from the app store
- Enter your account number and select an option from mobile banking registration or mobile and internet banking registration.
- After selecting the preferred option, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to proceed with the registration process
- You will be required to enter your PNB debit card number and PIN number.
- After entering those details, you can set your login password and transaction password.
- After completing these steps, the user ID will be sent to you via SMS.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ option at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your user ID and set an MPIN by filling the relevant fields.
- After successfully completing these steps, your mobile banking services will be activated.
How to Login to PNB Mobile Banking App
To log in to PNB’s mobile banking app, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download PNB’s official mobile banking app from the app store.
- Launch the app and register, if you are a first time customer.
- If you are already registered with PNB’s mobile baking services, you can enter your user ID and MPIN to sign in.
- In case you have forgotten your login password/MPIN, you can select the ‘Trouble Signing IN’ option under the ‘Sign In’ button.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can verify your number and other details and reset the password.
How to Reset MPIN
The MPIN is a 4-digit security code which must be set by the user when registering for the mobile banking services on the app. Since it is meant for secure m-banking sessions, it is advisable to change the MPIN frequently.
PNB’s MPIN can be changed easily through the app. The user can launch the app and log in using his/her credentials. After that, the customer can visit the menu bar on the app and select the ‘Change MPIN’ options.
The current MPIN has to be entered in the relevant field, after which the new MPIN can be set and confirmed. After completing this process, you can login using your new MPIN.
List of mobile apps from Punjab National Bank
|PNB ATM Assist||
|PNB Financial Literacy||
PNB Mobile Banking Fund Transfer Options
- NEFT - National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) is a national electronic payments system which allows PNB customers to quickly and securely transfer funds. Not only can funds be transferred between other PNB saving account but also to other non-PNB accounts as well. The bank has specified batches of NEFT transfers that are carried out at specified timings during the day and week.
- IMPS - Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) is another service which allows customers to transfer funds instantly to and from other PNB accounts. The transferred funds are credited to the beneficiary’s account instantly and this facility is available throughout the day, seven days a week, except for bank holidays and Sundays.
NEFT and IMPS Timings
|Monday – Saturday||8:00 AM – 7:00 PM (weekdays) 8 AM – 1 PM (Saturdays)||24x7|
NEFT and IMPS Charges
|Up to Rs 10,000||Rs 2.50 + Service Tax||Rs 5 + Service Tax per transaction.|
|Above Rs 10,000 and up to Rs 1 lakh||Rs 5 + Service Tax|
|Above Rs 1 lakh - up to Rs 2 lakh||Rs 15 + Service Tax|
|Above Rs 2 lakh||Rs 25 + Service Tax|
PNB Customer Care No
Features of Punjab National Bank Mobile Banking
- PNB mBanking - This is the smartphone banking app launched by PNB keeping in mind that a majority of customers re smartphone owners. With mBanking, customers have access to a number of PNB banking services such as funds transfer, account information, mini statement, balance enquiry and more over a secure medium
- PNB SMS Banking – For customers without a smartphone or data services on their mobile phone can also have access to a range of PNB Mobile services via SMS Banking. Via SMS Banking they can avail services such as balance enquiry, mini statement enquiry, requesting for an account statement, stop payment instructions on a cheque, request for a new cheque book, generate the 7-digit MMID, transfer funds, make IMPS fund transfers, change their SMS Banking password, etc.
- NUUP Banking – This is a USSD based mobile banking service where customers can avail a number of basic banking services and facilities by pressing *99# from their mobile phone and choosing from a number of options. Via NUUP based banking, customers can avail facilities and services such as balance enquiry, mini statement, fund transfer using MMID and IFSC, generate the MMID or change their M-Pin.
Benefits of PNB Mobile Banking
Some of the most notable benefits of the PNB Mobile service are as follows. Customers can make use of financial, non-financial and other value added services from their mobile phone.
- Carry out fund transfers to other PNB account by way of self transfers and 3rd party transfers using NEFT and IMPS.
- Make fund transfers to non-PNB bank accounts via NEFT an IMPS. IMPS transfers can be done 24x7 except on bank holidays)
- Make utility bill payments quickly and easily for a number of services such as mobile bill payments, data cards, DTH connections, insurance premiums and much more.
- Monitor your bank account details such as account statement, nomination details, transaction history.
- Avail cheque related services such as stop payment, cheque status enquiry, raise a request for a new cheque book.
- Avail offline bank services such as applying for a variety of products offered by the bank.
- Other value added services available via mobile banking include password reset and online registration for debit card holders and retail internet banking users.
- Set instructions for recurring transactions such as automatic debit to a RD account.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.