Keeping in mind that almost everyone nowadays is a smartphone owner, ICICI Bank has decided to bring the convenience of full-function banking facilities to smartphones. ICICI Bank Mobile Banking is the mobile banking arm of ICICI Bank and allows customers to perform a number of banking transactions and carry out requests via their smartphone. Customers can view their account activity, past account statements, open savings account or current accounts, transfer funds online using a variety of methods such as NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, iMobile, SMS Banking, pay utility bills, view loan account summary, make tax payments, purchase insurance, do recharges on mobile phones, data cards and DTH connections, etc.
Features of ICICI Bank Mobile Banking
- iMobile – iMobile is a comprehensive mobile banking app by ICICI which allows customers access to over 150 kinds of financial services, transactions and facilities. The app gives you full control of your bank account which you can easily monitor from the app itself. Some of the function and services available via the iMobile app are fund transfer, bill payments, ticket bookings, recharges, open a deposit account and much more.
- ICICI Bank Pockets – Pockets is the Digital Bank service by ICICI Bank which offers several services. The primary service offered by this service is that of a mobile wallet where you can park a certain amount of money which can then be used to pay for online transactions such funds transfer, mobile recharge, bill payments, and much more. the app an be personalized and allows you to make payments instantly. With Pockets, you can also get a zero balance savings account, and get access to over 100 banking services.
- SMS Banking – To use the SMS Banking Service by ICICI, you need not have a smartphone or a data pack activated on your phone. With the SMS Banking service, you can pay for recharges over the phone, make bill payments for postpaid mobile connections, recharge your Delhi Metro card, get timely alerts for account related activity and carry out several other banking related requests.
- m.icicibank.com – m.icicibank.com is the mobile banking site of ICICI Bank which provides customers the convenience of banking while on the go. With a user friendly interface, m.icicibank.com comes loaded with features such as bill payment reminders, iDirect feature to allow you to manage your Demat portfolio, iTrack feature lets you get the status of all your deliverables, iLoan lets you view your loan summary, Instabanking for priority banking and paperless paperwork, personalization of debit card with Expressions Debi Card facility, make tax payments, purchase general insurance and much more.
- Mobile Money - Mobile Money is a new account feature introduced by ICICI where there user’s mobile number itself becomes an account. The Mobile Money feature is offered by the bank in partnership with mobile network providers and allows customers to make use of services and features such as money deposit, pay for a prepaid recharge, transfer funds, bill payments, cash withdrawal, pay or retail transactions. Some of the facilities included under Mobile Money are m-pesa (mobile money transfer service for Vodafone customers), mRupee, Aircel ICICI Bank Mobile Money (for Aircel customers) and Oxigen e-Paisa.
- DMRC Metro Card Recharge - ICICI Bank has launched DMRC Metro Card recharge facility through mRupee outlets of MMPL (A subsidiary of Tata Teleservices Limited) in Delhi & NCR region. This mobile banking service lets you recharge your metro card instantly!
- Call To Pay – This is a simple to use service which allows customers to make utility bill payments, recharge prepaid mobile connections or DTH connections by making a call.
- NUUP – This is a special National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP) service introduced by ICICI which allows customers to access their ICICI account from their mobile phone. Usage of this service does not need a data pack activated on the phone or even a smartphone. With the NUUP service, you can transfer funds, view your account balance, get a mini statement and do much more.
Benefits of ICICI Mobile Banking
The facility of mobile banking provided by ICICI comes with plenty of advantages, which can be especially useful in today's times when everyone relies so heavily on their smartphones. Some of the most notable benefits provided by this mobile banking are as follows:
- Mobile banking allows you to monitor your account activity with ease. You can view your transaction history, view account balances, loan account status and carry out other similar activities related to your account.
- ICICI employs sophisticated and advanced world class security measures and encryptions on your transactions and account activity so you can rest assured that your funds are completely safe and secure.
- Pay bills for utility services such as electricity, mobile phone, water, rent and other such expenses quickly and conveniently with the mobile banking service.
- With mobile banking, you get access to exclusive app only offers and discounts on transactions which you do via the app and other mobile banking services.
- The mobile banking service caters not only to these with smartphones but also without smartphones. The SMS Banking service and NUUP are exclusively designed for customers who do not own a smartphone or have data access on their phones.
How to Register for ICICI Bank Mobile Banking Services
You can register for ICICI Bank’s mobile banking services by following the steps mentioned below:
- Through ICICI ATM:
- Visit your nearest ICICI ATM
- Insert your debut card and select ‘More options’
- Select ‘Register mobile number’ from the new set of options that appear.
- You will be asked to enter your mobile number.
- Re-enter it for confirmation and select ‘Confirm’
- Your number will be registered with the bank within 2 business days.
- By visiting ICICI Bank’s branch: Visit your nearest ICICI Bank branch and fill in the application form for registration. You will have to provide any of the following identity proofs for the process:
- PAN card
- Voter ID Card
- Ex-Service Man Card
- Driving license (Book type or laminated) etc.
- On-call assistance: You can submit your number by visiting the mobile banking page on ICICI’s online portal. After providing your registered phone number, the bank’s customer care department will get in touch with you and help you activate the mobile banking services. However, make sure that you provide your registered phone number only.
How to Login to ICICI Bank Mobile Banking App
After downloading ICICI Bank’s mobile banking app, you can log in to avail the services using any of the following modes:
- Login PIN: You can use a 4-digit login PIN to login to the app. This method does not require any user ID or phone number verification.
- Net banking credentials: You can use your net banking user ID and password to log in to the app. You can use this method when logging in for the first time after which you can set up a login PIN and use it for a simpler process.
- Biometric login: You can also set up a biometric login by entering your finger print. This is a secure and convenient method of logging in. This method is only available for handsets that support biometric login.
How to Reset Login PIN
Once you have logged in to the mobile banking app, you can change the login PIN easily by following these steps:
- Launch the iMobile app
- Go to the menu section
- Tap on ‘Change Login PIN’
- Enter your current login PIN and the new login PIN.
- Confirm the new login PIN to change it.
- You can now log in to the app using the new PIN.
List of ICICI Mobile Apps
|ICICI Video Banking||
ICICI Bank Fund Transfer Options
ICICI Mobile Banking customers can transfer funds not only to another ICICI Bank account but also to another bank account via several options offered under Mobile Banking.
- NEFT - National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) is a national electronic payments system which allows for quick and secure transfer of funds. Not only can fund transfers be done between ICICI bank accounts but also to and from bank accounts held with banks which are a part of the NEFT network. NEFT transactions are carried out in several batches during the day and banks will have scheduled timings for carrying out these NEFT transactions.
- RTGS – Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) is another electronic fund transfer method which is designed for carrying out high volume and high-value transfers. RTGS fund transfers are done in real time usually carry a minimum transaction limit, below which a transaction may not be carried out. Settlements for RTGS transactions are carried out in the books of the RBI, which makes these transactions irrevocable and final.
- IMPS - Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) allows customers to transfer money from their ICICI bank account almost instantly and safely. You can transfer funds to an ICICI or non-ICICI bank account via IMPS and the beneficiary’s account is credited almost instantly. Fund transfers via IMPS can be done 24x7, all year round, except on Sundays and bank holidays.
ICICI Bank NEFT and IMPS Timings
|Monday – Saturday (except 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month)||8:00 AM – 6:30 PM||24x7|
ICICI Bank NEFT and IMPS Charges
|Amounts up to Rs 10,000||Rs 2.50 + Service Tax||Rs 5 + Service Tax|
|Amounts above Rs 10,000 and up to Rs 1 lakh||Rs 5 + Service Tax||Rs 5 + Service Tax|
|Amounts above Rs 1 lakh and up to Rs 2 lakh||Rs 15 + Service Tax||Rs 15 + Service Tax|
|Amounts above Rs 2 lakh and up to Rs 5 lakh||Rs 25 + Service Tax||N/A|
|Amounts above Rs 5 lakh and up to Rs 10 lakh||Rs 25 + Service Tax||N/A|
ICICI Bank NEFT and IMPS Limits
|Transaction Limits||NEFT||RTGS||IMPS (iMobile)|
|A/C No. + IFSC||Mobile No. + MMID|
|Minimum||Re 1||Rs 2 lakh||Re. 1||Re. 1|
|Maximum||Rs 1 lakh||Rs 10 lakh||Rs 2 lakh||Rs 10,000|
ICICI Bank Mobile Banking Security Measures
While many people have taken to the convenience of online banking, many are still apprehensive about the safety and security of transacting via their mobile phones. However, Mobile Banking introduced by ICICI is here to rid you of that fear. ICICI employs only the most advanced and trusted security measures when it comes to our transactions. Sophisticated encryption technologies make mobile banking safer and far more secure than ever. Customers have a choice of 2 options for logging into their account which is either with their internet banking User Id and password or by using a 4-digit PIN. The iMobile app will not store any of your sensitive account or related information on your mobile phone. Also, users require a grid verification for activating any feature or service, which adds another level of security to actions and transactions.
ICICI Bank Customer Care No
|ICICI BANK||Customer Care No.|
|Bangalore||080 - 33667777 / 44455000|
|Mumbai||022 - 33667777 / 02244455000|
|Chennai||044 - 33667777 / 04444455000|
|Chandigarh||0172 - 3366777 / 01724445500|
|Delhi||011 - 33667777 / 01144455000|
|Hyderabad||040 - 33667777 / 04044455000|
|Kolkata||033 - 33667777 / 03344455000|
|Ernakulam||0484 - 3366777|
|Ahmedabad||079 - 33667777 / 07944455000|
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.