Mobile Money Identifier, which is also abbreviated as MMID, is a 7-digit unique number that is used for interbank transfer during mobile banking using the MMID feature. Each account holder will have an MMID and this will help in the identification of a particular bank account. This code can be linked with the mobile number for all banking transactions, mainly fund transfer.
Table of Contents
In order for a successful fund transfer to take place, both the sender (remitter) and the beneficiary/payee should have an MMID. This system works through the Immediate Payment System (IMPS) interface. Money can be sent and received using a handset through MMID facility through SMS.
Why MMID & How to Generate
MMID is a very convenient way of banking. It offers those without access to net banking, a good platform to send and receive money without any challenges.
There are 3 ways of generating an MMID:
- Mobile Banking
- Net Banking
- Phone Banking
- Login to your’s banks mobile banking app
- Go to the ‘Account’ option
- Proceed to click on the ‘Generate MMID’ tab
- Login to the bank’s internet banking portal by providing all login credentials
- Go to the home page and proceed to click on ‘Generate MMID’
- Key in necessary details and verify the same
- MMID will be generated for the respective account
- Call the bank’s phone banking number
- Choose the language and select the banking option
- Talk to a customer care representative and ask for the generation of MMID
- MMID will be sent to the account holder’s registered mobile number within a 24-hour window
Registration for Mobile Banking
In order to register for mobile banking:
- Download the mobile app and initiate the registration process
- Visit the nearest ATM and register for mobile banking
- Call the customer care and activate mobile banking
- Visit the bank and request activation of mobile banking services
How To Use MMID for Fund Transfer
- Log in to mobile banking through the respective app
- Choose the ‘Funds Transfer’ option
- Choose IMPS
- Key in details as as beneficiary/payee mobile number, MMID, amount to be transferred and verify the same
FAQ's of Mobile Money Identifier (MMID)
Where can you get the MMID number?
Ans: The Mobile Money Identifier is a 7-digit number unique to each customer which is allotted by your bank. This number is given to you for receiving funds through IMPS. The MMID will be given to you when you register your phone number and e-mail ID to your savings account.
Does each bank account have the same MMID number?
Ans: Each account of yours in the bank will have a different MMID number and all the MMID numbers can be linked to one mobile phone number.
What is MMID needed for?
Ans: The Mobile Money Identifier is a number which is given by the bank to the customer who uses mobile banking. The number is majorly used when you send funds or receive them through the IMPS method of payment.
How do you get your MMID number?
Ans: To get your MMID number, you can fill the application form of mobile banking provided by the bank. The MMID number and your M-PIN will be sent to your mobile number registered with the bank or to your official address. You can apply for mobile banking through the website or by visiting the nearest branch of the bank.
Check IFSC Code for Top Banks:
|State Bank of India IFSC Code||HDFC Bank IFSC Code||Indian Bank IFSC Code|
|Axis bank IFSC Code||Canara bank IFSC Code||ICICI Bank IFSC Code|
Other IFSC Related Article
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.