BHIM or Bharat Interface for Money, is a complete payment solution app that works on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) system. BHIM is a digital payment method that allows users to make various transactions such as sending and requesting money with a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) on a real-time basis. Money can be sent and received instantly on all 365 days in a year on a 24/7 basis. The service can also be used on bank holidays. There is no need to provide bank account details such as account number or IFSC code, all transactions can be carried out using only a VPA. Customers can directly pay users using their VPA or scan and pay using the QR code option in the BHIM app.
The app is available in 13 languages and 12 local languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Odia, Marathi, among other languages. You can pay any of your friends or relatives using their UPI ID directly and also shop online and pay by using the ‘Pay by UPI/BHIM’ option. Many merchant outlets also accept the BHIM QR or UPI QR code.
Here is What You Can Do With the BHIM App:
- Send and collect money using UPI.
- Pay bills on merchant websites through UPI.
- Book flight tickets.
- Recharge your mobile.
- Scan and pay using QR code.
- Also send money using account number and IFSC code.
How to Download BHIM App?
The app can be downloaded on both Android and Apple phones. To download the app on your Android phone go to Google Play Store and to download the app on your Apple phone go to Apple App Store.
How to register and use BHIM app: Step-by-step guide
If you are a first-time user, here is how you can use the BHIM app:
- Step 1: Download the app on your phone and open it
- Step 2: Choose the language of your preference
- Step 3: Choose the registered mobile number that is linked to your bank account to start the verification process. Proceed to click ‘Next To complete the verification process.
- Step 4: Select a 4-digit password and link your bank account with the app. To do this choose the name of your bank.
- Step 5: You have now successfully registered your BHIM account
Once you have registered, you can send or receive payments. To send payments you can simply enter the mobile number or payment address of the receiver. You can also send money to banks that do not support UPI as well. You can do so using the MMID or IFSC code.
To make payments to any merchant, you can use the ‘Scan and Pay’ option to scan their QR code and make the payment.
If UPI is not activated for your bank account, then you will be asked to enter the expiry date and six digits of your debit card number.
How to Create a UPI ID or a VPA?
A default UPI ID or VPA will be allotted to users after registering on the BHIM app. This process happens by default. In case you want to add another VPA, all you have to do is go to the profile section.
How to send money using BHIM app through UPI
Step 1: Log in to the app and click on the ‘Send’ icon
Step 2: Choose the VPA of the payee/beneficiary, enter the amount, remarks and proceed to send the money
Step 3: Key in your UPI PIN to authenticate and successfully send money
How to receive/request money using BHIM app
Step 1: Log in to the app and click on the ‘Receive’ icon
Step 2: Choose the VPA of the person from whom you want to receive money from along with the transaction amount. Proceed to click submit
Step 3: The remitter will receive a notification and can either accept or reject the request
Features of BHIM App:
- Instant money transfer: With the BHIM app, money can be sent on a real-time basis at anytime and from anywhere. Also, there is no cumbersome process of adding beneficiary and filling up account details such as account number and IFSC code.
- No bank holidays: The best part about this app is that you can send and receive money even on bank holidays and weekends.
- Split bill with friends: The app also allows users to split bills with multiple users.
- Payment reminders: Another feature of this app is the facility to schedule payment reminders.
Check IFSC Code for Top Banks:
|State Bank of India IFSC Code||HDFC Bank IFSC Code||Indian Bank IFSC Code|
|Axis bank IFSC Code||Canara bank IFSC Code||ICICI Bank IFSC Code|
Banks That Support BHIM:
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- DCB Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Dena Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Federal Bank
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Karur Vyasa Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- South Indian Bank
- RBL Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- State Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
- Yes Bank Ltd
- Vijaya Bank
FAQ's of BHIM UPI
- Is BHIM app a mobile wallet?
- What is UPI?
- Can I use BHIM if my bank has not gone live with UPI?
- What is a VPA?
- Can BHIM be used in foreign countries?
- Are there any transaction charges for using BHIM?
- Can i use BHIM if I do not have access to internet?
- What can I do if the money has not been sent but my bank account has been debited?
- If I send money to the wrong person, is it possible to cancel the transaction?
Ans: No, the BHIM app is not a mobile or digital wallet. It is a type of payment application through which you can make payments using a VPA.
Ans: UPI is nothing but a type of payment method, through which transactions can be processed using a VPA. Unlike, NEFT or RTGS, there is no need for bank account details or IFSC code when it comes to UPI.
Ans: No, unfortunately, this will not be possible.
Ans: A Virtual Payment Address (VPA) is like an email id that helps identify users using this app. It is used to send and collect money.
Ans: BHIM can be used if you are travelling abroad but only to send and receive money from Indian accounts.
Ans: No. It is a completely free service.
Ans: Yes. In such a case use the *99# service to use the app without an active internet connection.
Ans: In such a case, the transaction might have failed due to some error. The best thing to do is to report the issue on the BHIM app. The money will be credited back to your bank account in around 3 working days.
Ans: BHIM allows instant money transfers and hence once a transaction has been successfully processed, it is not possible to reverse it at any point of time. However, you can try to raise a collect request, mentioning that the money was sent by mistake.
Other IFSC Related Article
|NEFT Timing||Digital Wallet||Mobile Wallet|
|SBI UPI||Demand Draft|
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.