All customers who hold a savings account, current account or overdraft account with UBI and also have a debit card linked to their account are eligible for using the UMobile banking service. Customers must have complied with KYC norms to open these aforementioned UBI accounts. Also, in order to use the mobile banking service, customers must have a debit card linked to their UBI account and a java enabled handset or smartphone.
How to Register for Union Bank of India Mobile Banking
Union Bank offers customers the convenience of banking on the go. With their mobile banking services, customers can access their account details through their mobile app, SMS, or through GPRS. However, to activate this service, it is compulsory to register with the bank for the same. You can register for Union Bank’s mobile banking services through any of the following modes:
- Through Union Bank ATM: Visit your nearest Union Bank ATM and insert your debit card. Select the option for mobile registration and enter your phone number. Once the number is verified you will be registered with the phone banking services.
- Through net banking: If you are already registered with Union Bank net banking services, you can log in to the portal and click on the option for registering your phone number. Once your number is verified, you can use the mobile banking facility.
- Through Union Bank’s branch: You can visit your nearest Union Bank branch and submit a request for mobile number registration. You will have to provide your account details. After completing the request submission, you will be informed about the confirmation phof registration.
- Through the app: You can directly register for the mobile banking services on the app. Download Union Bank’s app and click on the registration button on the login page. Enter the details required to activate the services.
After registering successfully through any of these modes, you will receive a 4-digit MPIN to access the services.
How to Login to Union Bank of India Mobile Banking App
To log in to Union Bank of India’s mobile banking app, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Download Union Bank’s mobile banking app from the app store.
Step 2: Launch the app
Step 3: Select the language of your preference
Step 4: Enter your registered mobile number
Step 5: Enter your registered mobile number to proceed.
Step 6: After a verification message is sent to your mobile number you will be given a list of the services you can avail.
Step 7: If your number is not registered, you will only receive the option of availing BHIM UPI facility.
Step 8: If you are registered, you will receive the mobile banking option.
Step 9: Click on the mobile banking services and proceed to the login page.
Step 10: Enter your login password or MPIN to use Union Bank’s mobile banking services.
How to Change MPIN
MPIN is a secure numerical code used to log in to the mobile banking facility. If you want to change your MPIN you can do so by following these steps:
If you have forgotten your MPIN:
Step 1: Launch Union Bank’s app and proceed to the login page
Step 2: Select ‘Forgot login PIN’ option
Step 3: After selecting that option, you will be asked to authenticate your account via net banking credentials or debit card details. Choose any of the suitable option
Step 4: After selecting an option, you will be able to reset the login pin/MPIN and log in to the app.
If you want to change MPIN:
Step 1: Launch the Union Bank app
Step 2: Log in to the app and go to the sliding menu
Step 3: Select the ‘Change MPIN’ option
Step 4: Enter the current MPIN and set and confirm the new PIN
Step 5: After confirming, you can use the new code for transactions and login.
List of Union Bank of India Mobile Apps
|Union Bank of India Mobile App name||Features|
|Union Bank of India UControl||
Features & Benefits of UMobile Service
There are plenty of features which are offered by the UMobile service. Here are some of those.
- Check the balance in your account from your mobile banking facility.
- The UMobile facility is provided free of charge to all eligible users.
- You can get a mini account statement and even get a history of your last 9 transactions.
- Online Fund Transfer - Transfer funds easily, securely and swiftly with the mobile banking facility. you can transfer funds to other UBI accounts, from one mobile number to another of 2 registered customers, from mobile number to any UBI account and to accounts held with other banks via NEFT.
- Make instant funds transfer via IMPS using your mobile number and MMID, using your account No. and IFSC and using your Aadhaar number. You can also transfer money via IMPS to merchants. You can transfer a maximum of Rs. 2,00,000/day via the UMobile application and Rs. 5000/day using SMS Banking.
- Generate MMID and OTP for transactions.
- Make a variety of online payments via mobile banking such as payments of KVS Fees, mobile recharges, donations to temples, and other fees.
- Send various cheque related requests via mobile banking such as stop payment on a cheque, find out cheque status, request for a new cheque book.
- You can also hotlist your debit card via mobile banking and also find out the nearest ATM locations.
- Change your mPIN with the UMobile service.
Union Bank of India Mobile Banking FAQs
- How do I get the UMobile app on my mobile phone?
- To access the UMobile app, you must first download it on your phone from the app store. You can also download the app with the help of the link that will be provided to you at the time of registration. Alternately, you can download the app by following the instructions after you give a missed call to 09223060000 from your mobile phone.
- What’s the difference between the UMobile app and the SMS Banking service provided by UBI?
- With the UMobile service, you an perform a wide range of banking related actions and functions such as transferring money, online payments, view account statement, etc. The SMs banking service is only meant for the purpose of making enquiries and receiving alerts for account activity.
- How do I check my balance using UMobile?
- To check you balance, go to the ‘balance enquiry’ section on the service, enter your mPIN and send the message.
- I have forgotten my mPIN. What do I do to get a new one?
- If you wish to receive a new mPIN, you need to call on the bank’s toll free number (1800 2222 44) or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Is it necessary to have a credit card to make payments via UMobile?
- No. to make payments, you need to have your mobile number linked to the mobile banking facility. Payments will be directly deducted from your linked bank account.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.