About Kotak Mahindra Net Banking
Internet banking has brought about a revolution in the way we bank. Earlier, individuals would be required to visit the bank branch personally if they wanted to carry out any transaction like fund transfer, open an account, etc. With the emergence of online banking, we have access to our bank branches, along with the facilities they offer, from the very comfort of our house or workplace. Kotak Mahindra has introduced its very own online Net Banking platform which will enable customers to save valuable time which would otherwise be wasted standing in queues at the bank branch. Offering unparalleled convenience, choice and flexibility, internet banking is like a one-stop solution for all your banking needs. Not only can you control and monitor your bank account, but also transact using your online bank account. One of the most important aspects of online banking is that it is available for use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With the help of internet banking, you can carry out a variety of banking related transactions like view your account details and obtain your account e-statement, monitoring investments and Demat accounts, transfer funds online not only between other Kotak /bank branches but also between non-Kotak Bank branches, request for a new cheque book, open an account, request for a credit/Kotak Mahindra debit card, pay utility bills online, carry out secure online shopping transactions, recharge your mobile phone / DTH connection, buy and redeem investments online and access several other services.
Features Of Kotak Net Banking
Kotak Mahindra Internat Banking offers multiple internet banking features to its customers. Some of them have been mentioned below:
- 24x7 Banking – Kotak Mahindra net banking is available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anytime, anywhere. All you need is a steady internet connection, a pc/laptop with a browser, along with your User ID and password. Also, you can access `net banking on your mobile via the mobile banking app.
- Transaction Safety – Kotak Mahindra employs a highly advanced security system which ensures the safety of all your online transactions. All transactions go through a 256-bit SSL encrypted medium which is the most advanced level of security available for online transactions. To add to this, all the bank’s servers also feature firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- Viewing Account Details - Get access to your online account where you can view all your account related details, check your account balances, cheque status, whether it is for Kotak Savings Account, Current Accounts, Term Deposits or any other type of account associated with Kotak Mahindra.
- Online Fund Transfer – With the help of net banking, you can now transfer funds online securely and quickly. This service allows you to transfer funds not only between other Kotak Mahindra bank accounts but also between other third party, non-Kotak bank accounts via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
- Term Deposits – Not only can you book a Term Deposit Online, but also make premature withdrawal on the same using NetBanking.
- Life Insurance – Via net banking, you can easily view the status of your Kotak Life insurance policy, pay your policy premium online, apply for a new life insurance policy, or even switch funds.
- Bill Payment - Payment of bills will become a breeze with online banking which allows you to pay a number of bills like utility bills, mobile / DTH connection bills, credit card bill and many more using Kotak Mahindra Kotak BillPay facility.
- Service Requests – You no longer need to go to the bank to place a service request as the same can not be done online with just a few clicks. You can now place requests for a new cheque book, getting your Debit Card PIN, register for Payment Gateway, and a variety of other service / transaction related requests via NetBanking.
- Secure Online shopping - Experience the convenience of shopping online in a secure manner with Kotak Mahindra Netc@rd which allows you to purchase from over 8000 websites online.
- Investments - With Kotak Mahindra NetBanking, you can now view your mutual fund portfolio online and also invest and redeem fund holdings online via the online banking website.
- Apply for IPO - You can now apply for IPO/FPO/Rights Issue from the comfort of your workplace or house with the ASBA facility which eliminates any paperwork. Transaction Limit: The per day transaction limit of Kotak Mahindra Internet Banking is Rs.50,000.
Services Offered Under Kotak Net Banking
Kotak Mahindra NetBanking has changed the way you bank by making available a host of services which can be accessed any time and anywhere. This service allows you perform a variety of banking related transactions and activities which include a few like monitoring your account activity, making online fund transfers, place service requests, shop from e-commerce websites, view your Demat Account details, in addition to several other activities.
- Customers can view their Savings or Current Account details an also keep track of their online transaction activity. They an view their transactions history and download e-statements of their account. Additionally, customers can also make a Lien enquiry, make cashless deposits, view cheque status, stop cheque, and make a Temporary Overdraft Inquiry.
- Customers can book Term Deposit Accountsonline, do a premature withdrawals, view deposit details, request for a change in maturity instructions online, simulate Term Deposit pre-closure, etc.
- Online fund transfers can be made securely not only between other Kotak Mahindra accounts but also between other non-Kotak Bank accounts. Fund transfers can be done via a variety of mediums like via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS. Customers can also transfer funds via Demand Drafts or email by using the beneficiary’s registered email ID or mobile number.
- You can add and manage beneficiaries via online banking. You can set a transfer type for each beneficiary and also change the Beneficiary Limits.
- Savings & Current Account - Place requests for a new cheque book, Stop Cheque, account statement, Balance Certificate, Interest Certificate, etc.
- Term Deposit – Via online banking, you may place requests to open a new Term Deposit, for a premature withdrawal of your Deposit, link a Term Deposit to a Current or Saving account, changing maturity instructions for a Term Deposit or to obtain your Term Deposit account statement.
- Home Banking – Kotak Mahindra also offers a number of home banking services like Cash Pick-up request, Cheque Pick Up request, Demand Draft Delivery Request, Cash Delivery Request, etc., which can be requested for online.
- Debit / Prepaid Card Related Requests – Online banking enables you to request for a new debit card, report the loss of a debit card, get your debit card activated to use it at retail establishments, request for a new debit card PIN, de-link an bank account from a debit card, change the primary account linked to your debit card, block or unblock a debit card or buy a Best Compliments Card (prepaid card).
- Payment Gateway Related Request - Register for Payment Gateway, Modify Payment Gateway Registration, Client ID Registration for Online Trading.
- View your Demat Account details – activity, billing details, inquire about transaction status, holding details, Demat status of securities, request for an account statement, view shareholding details, request for Client Master Details or Pledge forms etc.
- Trade onlineby opening a Kotak Securities Ltd. trading account.
- View the details of your investment portfolio – account details, transactions details, percentage gain/loss, current NAV, IRR, get details of investments classified by Fund Name or Asset Class
- View, purchase and redeem mutual fund shares online.
- Request for Standing Instructions for auto debit into for investment in your selected fund.
- Check the status of Buy / Sell requests and get investment advice and industry updates on a regular basis.
Netc@rd is a single use, prepaid card with which you can securely shop online at websites which accept payment via VISA cards.
Pay bills quickly and conveniently via Kotak BillPay, a service which allows you to manage your bill payments. Pay utility bills (electricity, telephone, etc.), recharge your mobile / DTH connection, pay insurance premium, pay for magazine subscriptions, make donations online or even pay your taxes.
You can also receive funds from a non-Kotak bank account to your Kotak Mahindra account via the ECS service provided by the RBI, free of charge.
ASBA (Application Supported Blocked Amount)
You can now apply for IPO/FPO/Rights Issue from the comfort of your workplace or house with the ASBA facility which eliminates any paperwork.
Via NetBanking, you can download and view your account statements, including your Annual Combined Statement, for previous month / year by clicking on the ‘statement’ tab. You can also choose the delivery option by which you want to receive your account statement.
How Do You Register for Kotak Net Banking?
Registering for Kotak Mahindra Net Banking is a simple process which allows you to take control of your Kotak Mahindra account, no matter where you may be. Registering for the service is easy and can be done online. Following are the two options you have to register for NetBanking:
- Option 1 - You can register for online banking by calling up the Kotak Mahindra Customer Care Centre. Your request will be registered and processed by the customer care executive who will then guide you through the process.
- Option 2 - Alternately, you may also register for online banking by submitting physical form called the Channel Access Request form which can be downloaded from the Kotak Mahindra website. Once you have downloaded and printed out the form, please fill it in completely and submit the same by putting it in the drop box placed at any Kotak Mahindra branch or ATM. The filled in form an also be sent via mail to the following address:
Customer Contact Centre,
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.,
Post Box Number 16344,
Mumbai 400 013
How to Login to Kotak Net Banking?
The procedure to login to Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Internet Banking is extremely simple. The steps have been mentioned below:
If you are using CRN for logging in:
- Enter your CRN.
- Enter your Net Banking password
- Choose where you want to land. To do that, select an option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on ‘Secure Login’.
If you are using your Nick Name for logging in:
- Enter your nick name.
- Enter your Net Banking password.
- Choose where you want to land on the website.
- Click on ‘Secure Login’.
If you are using your Forex Card for logging in:
- Enter your Forex Card number.
- Enter your Net Banking password.
- Select from the dropdown menu where you want to land on the website.
- Click on ‘Secure Login’.
- To ensure the security of your data, Kotak Mahindra Bank provides a virtual keyboard that can be used to enter the credentials.
- In case you have forgotten your nick name, you can click on ‘What Is My Nick Name’ option located right below the box.
- In case you have forgotten your password, click on ‘Forgot/Blocked Password?’ to generate a new password.
- In case you cannot remember your CRN, click on ‘What is my CRN/CIF/CustomerID?’ located below the box.
- In case you are a new user, you will be required to register yourself first before availing the services.
How to Check Account Balance in Kotak Net Banking
The procedures to check your account balance via Mobile Banking and Net Banking are extremely simple. You can select what works best for you. The steps for both have been mentioned below:
Check Balance through KMBL Net Banking
- Log in to ‘Net Banking’
- Choose ‘Banking’
- Select ‘Account Overview’ to view your account balance
Check Balance through KMBL Mobile Banking
- Log in to ‘Mobile Banking’
- Proceed to ‘Banking’
- Click on ‘Account Activity’ to check account balance
How to Transfer Money Through Kotak Internet Banking?
You can transfer money into a different account easily and in a secure manner. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
Steps to Add Beneficiary:
- On the Net Banking page, select ‘Transfers and Payments’.
- Select the option ‘Add/Manage Beneficiaries’ and add the details of the beneficiary who you want to transfer funds to.
- Select the option ‘Add Transfer Type’ and click on IMPS.
- Choose the type of IMPS transfer and put in the required details.
- Verify the information that you have entered and hit the ‘Confirm’ button.
- An activation code will appear on your registered contact number.
- Enter the activation code and your beneficiary will be activated for fund transfer.
Steps to Transfer Money Through IMPS Using Account Number:
- On the Net Banking page, select the option ‘Make a Transfer’.
- Click on Immediate Payment Services (IMPS) and select the option ‘IFSC’.
- Enter the required details and select the option ‘Submit Transaction’.
- Cross-check the transaction details and select ‘Confirm and Transfer’.
How to Pay Kotak Credit Card Bill Through Kotak Net Banking?
In order to make credit card payment, you will first be required to register for Kotak Mahindra’s Net Banking facility. Thereafter, you can transfer the bill amount from your Savings Account to the Credit Card Account. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Log in to Kotak Net Banking.
- Choose ‘Credit Card’ on the Homepage.
- Choose the option ‘Payments’.
- Select the ‘Make Payment’ option.
How to Generate Customer ID for Kotak Online Banking?
If you are a Kotak customer your CRN will be the number located under your name on your Credit/Debit card. If you are an ING Vysya customer who is now a Kotak Mahindra customer, your customer ID will be the number under your name on the Debit Card.
For retail net banking:
- To know your CRN, enter your current customer ID
- Enter the verification code
- Click on ‘Submit’
For business banking:
- Enter your corporate ID
- Enter your user ID
- Enter the verification code
- Click on ‘Submit’
Kotak Net Banking Password Reset
In case you need to generate a new password for your internet banking profile, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Enter your Customer ID, Nick Name, or Forex Card Number.
- Enter the text displayed in the box.
- Select the box for ‘I have read and accept and Terms & Conditions’.
- In the next step you will be required to verify your information/details such as date of birth, mother’s maiden name, registered email ID and contact number. Choose any of the two questions and provide accurate answers.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
- Thereafter, you will be required to choose a method to generate new password.
- The options that you have to choose from are:
- Debit card/virtual debit card details
- Credit card details
- Secret questions
- Physical PIN
- Select a method and click on ‘Continue’ to move forward.
- In the last step, you will be required to enter a password of 6 characters and re-enter the same.
- Select ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
- Your new password has been generated. You can use this to log in to the Net Banking facility henceforth.
Fees And Charges For Services
Kotak Mahindra currently offers the facility of NetBanking absolutely free of charge. However, charges will be applicable for services which are offered via net banking like fund transfers, etc.
Kotak Net Banking FAQs
Who is eligible to register for Net Banking?
All customers who hold a Savings or current account with Kotak Mahindra can register for NetBanking and will be provided with View and Transactional access on Net Banking.
Is banking via NetBanking secure?
Kotak Mahindra employs a highly advanced security system which ensures the safety of all your online transactions. All transactions go through a 256-bit SSL encrypted medium which is the most advanced level of security available for online transactions. To add to this, all the bank’s servers also feature firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
Can I regenerate my NetBanking password?
Yes, you can easily regenerate your NetBanking password via the ‘Generate Password' option available under NetBanking. For this you must go to the login page of Kotak NetBanking or you may also request for a password re-generation by calling up the Kotak Mahindra 24-hour Contact Centre. The customer care executives will assist you with your request. In case your online password re-generation service is blocked, you must call the customer care center or visit the nearest bank branch.
What is DNC? How can I Register for this service?
All customers who do not wish to receive or be contacted by bank representatives regarding various marketing activities done via multiple channels (phone, email, SMS, etc.) can easily opt out for the same by registering for the DNC service. The bank has made available the DNC option for customers who wish to opt out of marketing related activities carried out by the bank. Customers can register for the DNC service (de-register themselves from receiving marketing calls, emails or alerts) by following these steps:
- You can put in a request for DNC at any Kotak Mahindra bank branch by submitting a fax or a letter.
- You can contact the Kotak Mahindra 24-hour Customer Contact Centre via phone, email, fax or send them a letter stating your request.
- You can send a DNC request via NetBanking. Log into NetBanking and go to the 'Requests' section or send it via mail by clicking on the 'Mail' section.
Are there any charges levied for usage of the Kotak NetBanking Service?
No, currently there are no charges applicable for using the Kotak Mahindra NetBanking facility.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Savings Account
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Debit Card
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Card Protection Plan
- Kotak Mahindra Debit Card Offers
- Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking
- Kotak Platina Savings Account
- Kotak Jifi Saver Savings Account
- Kotak Sanman Savings Account
- Kotak Grand Savings Account
- Kotak Edge Savings Account
- Kotak Pro Savings Account
- Kotak Classic Savings Account
- Kotak Nova Savings Account
- Kotak Silk Savings Account
- Kotak Junior Savings Account
- Kotak Alpha Savings Account
- Kotak Mahindra My Family Savings Account
- ATM Withdrawal Limit
- SBI ATM Card
- ATM Card
- International Debit Card
- PNB ATM Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- Bank of India Debit Card Apply Online
- Best Prepaid Travel Card India
- Union Bank ATM Limit
- Andhra Bank Platinum Debit card
- Coral Debit Card Benefits
- HDFC Platinum Debit Card Offers
- EMI on Debit Card
- BOB Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.