As soon as a customer chooses to open an account - saving account or a current account - the bank will give them the option of choosing a debit card of their choice. Once the customer has chosen the debit card, within a few days the bank will mail the plastic card along with the welcome kit. For security reasons, the PIN of the card will be mailed separately. That said, the customer does not need to wait to receive the ATM PIN, he/she can go ahead and generate the PIN and activate their debit card.
As part of the green initiative, Canara Bank has launched the Green PIN initiative. Through the Green PIN initiative, Canara Bank customers can now generate their PIN and activate their debit card at any Canara Bank ATM across the country. Customers can also choose to do the same (generate the ATM debit card PIN) through their internet banking and mobile banking accounts. In addition, Canara Bank customers can also generate their Green PIN through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) by calling the toll-free customer care number of Canara Bank.
Steps to generate Canara Bank Green PIN at an ATM
Canara Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to activate their Green PIN at an ATM:
- Visit any Canara Bank ATM closest to you.
- When at the ATM, insert the Canara Bank Debit Card you have just received.
- Once you have swiped your debit card, choose the language of your preference.
- Next, from the several options displayed on the ATM screen, choose the “Generate Green PIN/Forgot PIN” option.
- Enter the bank account number of Canara Bank that you wish your debit card to be linked to.
- Choose the “correct” option once you have enter your bank account number.
- After that, enter your mobile number that is registered with the bank.
- Once you have done that, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on “validate OTP”, and enter the OTP.
- Once you have entered the OTP, the screen will display the option to enter a 4-digit PIN.
- Re-enter the PIN to confirm the combination.
- Click on “confirm PIN”.
- Once this is done, your debit card PIN will be activated. Canara Bank will send you a message stating that your Green PIN has been generated and activated.
Steps to generate your Canara Bank Green PIN through Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Apart from generating their Green PIN via their internet banking account, mobile banking account and at a Canara Bank ATM, customers can also carry out the process (Of generating/changing their Green PIN) on their mobile phone through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Call the IVR Canara Bank customer care unit at call 1800 425 0018.
- The first thing you will have to do is to choose the language of your preference. Choose 1 for Hindi, 2 for English, etc.
- Choose the option for debit card related queries.
- Next, choose the option for ATM PIN options.
- Enter your Canara Bank account number and press the confirmation number.
- Enter your Canara Bank 16-digit debit card number.
- For verification purposes, enter your date of birth in the DDMMYY format.
- Enter the 4-digit ATM PIN of your choice and the expiry date of your debit card.
- Re-enter your PIN as confirmation.
- Your Canara Bank Green PIN will now have been activated. Canara Bank will send you a notification message that your PIN has been generated. Contact the bank if you haven’t done so.
- Are there charges for activating my Canara Bank Green PIN via the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Service?
- If the IVR service to change my Canara Bank ATM Green PIN is not working, what else can I do to generate my PIN and activate the card?
- What if I have generated my Green PIN and forgotten the combination?
- Can I change my debit card PIN at any ATM or does it have to be at Canara Bank ATMs only?
- Does Canara Bank send a confirmation message when my debit card Green PIN is changed?
No, you will not be charged for the service as the number for the IVR service is a toll-free number.
You can make use of the internet and mobile banking facilities that is linked to your account. Apart from that, you can carry out the process at any Canara Bank ATM across the country.
You have to follow the same steps mentioned above if you have forgotten your PIN. You can carry out the process at an ATM or via your internet and mobile banking accounts.
You will have to carry out the process at a Canara Bank ATM only.
Yes, as soon as your Green PIN is changed, the bank will send you a notification message.