Established in 1945, Federal Bank is one of India’s major commercial private sector bank. Holding the status as the fourth largest bank in terms of capital base, Federal Bank enjoys a widespread presence across the country with 1000 branches and ATMs. Catering to a large customer base, the bank offers a wide range of financial products and services like accounts, deposits, loans, insurance, investments, cards, etc.
Among the range of cards, Federal Bank offers a wide selection of debit cards which are available in Visa and MasterCard variants. Widely accepted all over the world, these debit cards offer several lucrative advantages like high daily transaction limits, enhanced security while shopping, anytime access to cash and more.
Highlighting Features of Federal Bank Debit Cards
- Ease of shopping at millions of POS terminals
- Quick access to cash whenever you need
- PIN and signature-based authentication for enhanced transaction security
- High transaction limits
Debit Cards Offered by Federal Bank
Federal Bank offers a range of well-appointed debit cards, each designed to fulfil a distinct set of requirements. These cards have been divided into different categories, namely VISA cards, MasterCard Cards, International Debit Cards and Flash Debit cum Transit Card. Read on to find out more the cards offered under each of these categories.
VISA Debit Card>
VISA Shop ‘n Save Debit Card
Enter the world of convenient shopping with the VISA Shop ‘n Save Debit Card which carries several exciting features like high transaction limits with a daily shopping limit of Rs.50,000 and a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.50,000 along with a total limit of Rs.1 lakh. Shopping with this card is extremely secure as it comes with PIN and signature-based authentication.
VISA Gold Debit Card
As a privileged customer, you deserve nothing but the best. The VISA Gold Debit Card is specially meant for the privileged ones and carries a daily total transaction limit of Rs.2 lakh, wherein both the daily shopping and withdrawal limit is Rs.1 lakh each. In addition to this, the card is accepted in millions of locations around the globe with around 1.9 million ATMs in the Visa Global ATM Network.
MasterCard Debit Cards
MasterCard Premium Debit Card
The MasterCard Premium Debit Card is a fully personalized debit card carrying the card holder’s photograph.
RuPay Debit Cards
RuPay Classic Debit Card
The Rupay Classic Debit Card is a Classic variant debit card which is offered by Federal Bank in association with RuPay.
RuPay Platinum International Debit Card
The RuPay Platinum International Debit Card is a premium International debit card which is offered by Federal Bank in association with NPCI.
How to Activate a Federal Bank ATM Card?
Federal Bank is a private sector bank that was established in 1931 and was formerly known as the Travancore Federal Bank. The bank is headquartered in Kerala but has a number of branches spread across the country.
Federal Bank offers its customers a number of services. One of these includes a debit card. When a customer opens an account with Federal Bank, they receive a welcome kit which contains a debit card. The kit also includes the debit card ATM PIN and mobile and internet banking information. Before using the debit card, the customer first has to activate it. The following are the steps to activate a Federal Bank debit card.
- Visit a Federal Bank ATM. It is essential that the first time a customer uses the debit card at a Federal Bank ATM.
- Insert the card in the ATM machine.
- Enter the PIN provided by the bank.
- On entering the PIN, the customer will be provided with a set of instructions that need to be followed.
- Following these instructions activates the debit card.
- To confirm activation, the customer should insert their card in the ATM machine and perform a withdrawal transaction.
- If the transaction is successful, it means the debit card has been successfully activated.
- If the transaction is unsuccessful, the customer should visit the nearest Federal Bank branch and seek assistance from the customer care team. The same can also be done by calling the bank’s toll-free number and seeking help from the customer care team.
Federal Bank Debit Card Offers
A number of offers can be enjoyed by the debit cardholders of Federal Bank. The offers are listed below:
- BookMyShow: RuPay cardholders of Federal Bank will be eligible for a flat 10% discount on movie tickets and 5% on food vouchers while booking at BookMyShow.
- Amazon: For a minimum spend of Rs.2,000, Federal Bank debit cardholders will be eligible for a discount of 10% on home appliances bought from Amazon.in.
- Swiggy: Federal Bank debit cardholders will be eligible for an instant discount of 25% on food ordered from Swiggy.
- Uber: Federal Bank customers can avail a discount of up to 50% (subject to a maximum of Rs.75) on their UBER rides (for the first 3 rides) using their Federal Master/Maestro cards.
- Treebo Hotels: Federal Bank customers who use their Federal Bank debit cards can avail a discount of 25% on hotels booked through Treebo Hotels.
- Indus Health Plus: Federal Bank customers using their Federal Bank debit cards can avail attractive discounts on booking health packages through Indus Health Plus.
- CITYFURNISH: Federal Bank customers can avail a flat discount of 10% on rentals from CITYFURNISH using their Federal Bank debit cards.
- MasterCard: MasterCard holders of Federal Bank will be able to enjoy a discount of 8% to 50% on purchases made using the MasterCard.
- VISA: Federal Bank customers can avail a number of great offers this festive season by using their Federal Bank debit cards.
Soft PIN Facility at Federal Bank:
With banks going completely digital, Federal Bank has also introduced various tech products to enhance customer experience and satisfaction. The bank has enabled the Soft PIN facility for its customers. This facility will replace printed PIN – Mailers. A customer can generate Soft PINs by themselves by visiting an ATM. Customers with registered mobile numbers can use this facility.
Activating a new debit card or resetting lost PIN of an active debit card
In order to activate a new debit card or rest an old PIN of an active debit card, the following steps must be taken:
- You must send an SMS to 9895088888 or 5676762 by writing SP Last four digits of your debit card.
- After sending this SMS, you will also receive an SMS with OTP to activate the Soft PIN. The OTP expires in three hours.
- You must visit any Federal Bank ATM within 3 hours to either reset your lost PIN or activate a new PIN. On the ATM machine, select the Soft PIN option before inserting the card. The option is displayed on the idle screen of the machine.
- Once you select the Soft PIN option, you are then asked to insert your debit card.
- Once inserted, you must enter the OTP that was sent to you through SMS.
- After entering the OTP, you can enter the new PIN that you want to set for your debit card.
- The new PIN must be entered once again and submitted.
- The machine then displays either a failure or success message on the screen. A printed slip is also generated for the same.
- The bank also sends an SMS to your registered mobile number about the failure or success status of the PIN reset or activation.
- If the transaction is successful, the card is activated and the PIN is updated.
Benefits of Holding a Federal Bank Debit Card
There are several benefits accompanying the Federal bank range of debit cards, some of which are given below.
- Shop securely as Federal Bank debit cards follow the global card safety standards followed by VISA (Verified by Visa) and MasterCard (MasterCard Secure Code) for all transactions.
- Easy and quick access cash anytime, anywhere.
- Enjoy shopping your heart out as these debit cards feature high transaction limits not only for cash withdrawal but also for shopping.
- These cards require PIN and signature authentication for all purchases made at POS outlets.
Federal Bank Debit Card FAQs
- What is the annual fee for the Visa Shop ‘n Save Debit Card? The annual fee for the Visa Shop ‘n Save Debit Card is Rs.150 per year.
- What is Verified by Visa? Verified by Visa is a transaction authentication service provided for all VISA cardholders. It essentially allows cardholders to use a personal password for all card-related transactions and lends added security to all transactions.
- How do I register for MasterCard Secure Code? To register for the MasterCard Secure Code service, you need to visit the ‘MasterCard Secure Code Link’ and click on the tab labelled ‘Register’. Having done that, you must click on the ‘I Accept’ ab after going through the Terms & Conditions. Then, you must enter your card details like the card number, expiry date and ATM PIN. Follow this by providing your details like name, mobile number and email ID and create your MasterCard Secure Code Password along with a Personal Assurance Message (PAM).
- Who is eligible for the International Debit Card facility? Only customers holding NRE or Resident accounts are eligible for the international debit card facility.
- What are the replacement charges for the range of NR Debit Cards? Following are the replacement charges for the NR range of debit cards:
- Chip Cards (except the Platinum Debit Card) – Rs 200
- Platinum Card – Rs 500
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.