Highlighting Features of Federal Bank Debit Cards
- Ease of shopping at millions of POS terminals
- Quick access to cash whenever you need
- PIN and signature based authentication for enhanced transaction security
- High transaction limits
Overview of Federal Bank Debit Cards
Established in 1945, Federal Bank is one of India’s major commercial private sector bank. Holding the status as the fourth largest bank in terms of capital base, Federal Bank enjoys a widespread presence across the country with 1000 branches and ATMs. Catering to a large customer base, the bank offers a wide range of financial products and services like accounts, deposits, loans, insurance, investments, cards, etc.
Among the range of cards, Federal Bank offers a wide selection of debit cards which are available in Visa and MasterCard variants. Widely accepted all over the world, these debit cards offer several lucrative advantages like high daily transaction limits, enhanced security while shopping, anytime access to cash and more.
Debit Cards Offered by Federal Bank
Federal Bank offers a range of well appointed debit cards, each designed to fulfill a distinct set of requirements. These cards have been divided into different categories, namely VISA cards, MasterCard Cards, International Debit Cards and Flash Debit cum Transit Card. Read on to find out more the cards offered under each of these categories.
1. VISA Debit Cards
VISA Shop ‘n Save Debit Card
Enter the world of convenient shopping with the VISA Shop ‘n Save Debit Card which carries several exciting features like high transaction limits with a daily shopping limit of Rs 30,000 and a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 20,000. Shopping with this card is extremely secure as it comes with PIN and signature authentication.
VISA Gold Debit Card
As a privileged customer, you deserve nothing but the best. The VISA Gold Debit Card is specially meant for the privileged ones and carries a daily total transaction limit of Rs 1,50,000 wherein the daily shopping and withdrawal limit is Rs 75,000 respectively. In addition to this, the card offers insurance protection against fire and burglary, along with round the clock global customer assistance.
VISA Platinum Debit Card
For its Priority customers, Federal Bank presents the VISA Platinum Debit Card which entitles the cardholders to a range of superior services from retail outlets, the bank and also at retail outlets. This globally recognized Priority card features daily withdrawal and shopping limits of Rs 2,00,000 respectively, along with providing free insurance protection against fire and burglary and free travel insurance. In case of any card related queries, this card comes with dedicated 24x7 VISA Platinum customer service assistance.
2. MasterCard Debit Cards
MasterCard Classic Debit Card
Experience the convenience and freedom of cashless shopping with the MasterCard Classic Debit Card which provides quick and easy access to your current or savings account funds. With a PIN and signature based authentication process, shopping is extremely secure with this card which features daily transaction limit of Rs 60,000 (shopping limit – Rs 30,000; withdrawal limit – Rs 30,000).
MasterCard Premium Debit Card
The MasterCard Premium Debit Card, specially designed for the FedSelect members of Federal Bank, is a fully personalized debit card carrying the card holder’s photograph. This card offers a host of premium features like privileged access to premium lounges at major airports across India, high overall transaction limits of Rs 2,00,000 and enhanced transaction security with PIN and signature based authentication.
3. EMV International Debit Cards
In order to serve its NRI customers better, Federal Bank has introduced an exclusive range of EMV Chip protected debit cards. Featuring unique designs and a range of power-packed features, these cards offer enhanced transaction security at POS terminals.
Diamond EMV International Debit Card
This is a general international debit card which features daily withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000 and a daily shopping limit of Rs 50,000 as well. It is eligible with schemes like Fed NRE Power or SB NRE General.
Emerald EMV International Credit Card
This Visa Gold International debit card is eligible with schemes like the Fed NRE Premium or NRE CA and comes with higher transaction limits of Rs 1,00,000 for ATM withdrawals and shopping respectively.
Ruby EMV International Debit Card
This is a Visa Platinum debit card comes with a daily transaction limit of Rs 1,50,000 for cash withdrawals and shopping respectively. It is eligible with schemes like Fed NRE Privilege or NRE EVE.
4. Flash Debit cum Transit Card
Wouldn’t it be convenient if you didn’t have to carry a bunch of cards in your wallet. Now, it’s possible, with the unique Federal Bank Flash cum Transit Card. Designed specially for commuters of the Namma Metro, this COMBO card combines the functions of a debit card with that of a metro card. You no longer need to carry a separate metro card as this card functions just like one, by debiting the amount from your card based on the distance travelled by you. This is also an ATM card, which means that you may use it not only to withdraw cash but also make payments at POS terminals.
Federal Bank Debit Card Offers
On the Flash cum Transit debit card holders, if customers do a recharge of any amount above Rs 100, they can get a discount of 15% on all their travels. Further, customers may also get discounts from 15% to 21% on round trips, depending on the entry and exit stations.
Soft PIN Facility at Federal Bank:
With banks going completely digital, Federal Bank has also introduced various tech products to enhance customer experience and satisfaction. The bank has enabled the Soft PIN facility for its customers. This facility will replace printed PIN – Mailers. Customer can generate Soft PINs by themselves by visiting an ATM. Customers with registered mobile numbers can use this facility.
Activating a new debit card or resetting lost PIN of an active debit card:
In order to activate a new debit car or rest an old PIN of an active debit card, the following steps must be taken:
- You must send an SMS to 9895088888 or 5676762 by writing SP<
>Last four digits of your debit card.
- After sending this SMS, you will also receive an SMS with OTP to activate the Soft PIN. The OTP expires in three hours.
- You must visit any Federal Bank ATM within 3 hours to either reset your lost PIN or activate a new PIN. On the ATM machine, select the Soft PIN option before inserting the card. The option is displayed on the idle screen of the machine.
- Once you select the Soft PIN option, you are then asked to insert your debit card.
- Once inserted, you must enter the OTP that was sent to you through SMS.
- After entering the OTP, you can enter the new PIN that you want to set for your debit card.
- The new PIN must be entered once again and submitted.
- The machine then displays either a failure or success message on the screen. A printed slip is also generated for the same.
- The bank also sends an SMS to your registered mobile number about the failure or success status of the PIN reset or activation.
- If the transaction is successful, the card is activated and the PIN is updated.
Benefits of Holding a Federal Bank Debit Card
There are several benefits accompanying the Federal bank range of debit cards, some of which are given below.
- Shop securely as Federal Bank debit cards follow the global card safety standards followed by VISA (Verified by Visa) and MasterCard (MasterCard Secure Code) for all transactions.
- Easy and quick access cash anytime, anywhere.
- Enjoy shopping your heart out as these debit cards feature high transaction limits not only for cash withdrawal but also for shopping.
- These cards require PIN and signature authentication for all purchases made at POS outlets.
- What is the annual fee for the Visa Shop ‘n Save Debit Card?
An annual fee of Rs 25 shall be charged per quarter for SB account holders maintaining an average quarterly balance (AQB) below Rs 5000. For Current account holders maintaining an AQB of below Rs 5,000, an annual debit card fee of Rs 50 shall be charged.
- What is Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa is a transaction authentication service provided for all VISA cardholders. It essentially allows cardholders to use a personal password for all card-related transactions and lends added security to all transactions.
- How do I register for MasterCard Secure Code?
To register for the MasterCard Secure Code service, you need to visit the ‘MasterCard Secure Code Link’ and click on the tab labelled ‘Register’. Having done that, you must click on the ‘I Accept’ ab after going through the Terms & Conditions. Then, you must enter your card details like the card number, expiry date and ATM PIN. Follow this by providing your details like name, mobile number and email ID and create your MasterCard Secure Code Password along with a Personal Assurance Message (PAM).
- Who is eligible for the International Debit Card facility?
Only customers holding NRE or Resident accounts are eligible for the international debit card facility.
- Where can I recharge my Flash cum Transit Combo Card?
You may recharge your COMBO card via any of the following ways:
- Via Auto-debit instructions
- Via SMS
- Via FedNet
- Via ATM’s located at select stations
- BMRCL counters in metro stations
- What are the replacement charges for the range of NR Debit Cards?
Following are the replacement charges for the NR range of debit cards:
- Normal Cards – Rs 50
- Chip Cards (except the Platinum Debit Card) – Rs 200
- Platinum Card – Rs 500
- What is the minimum and maximum amount of recharge I can do on the Flash Card?
You can do a minimum recharge of Rs 100 and a maximum recharge of Rs 1000 on your Flash cum Transit card.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.