Overview of JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card
HDFC Bank (The Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited) is India’s second largest banking and financial services company in terms of assets. The bank was founded in 1994 by Hasmukhbhai Parekh and is headquartered in Mumbai. HDFC boasts of a wide network of 4,281 branches and 11,843 ATM's spread across the country. More than 76,200 people are also employed by HDFC.
HDFC Bank Debit Card is definitely one of the most popular debit cards offered by HDFC. As the name suggests, the card is designed for the traveller. The thousands that you spend travelling each month can be converted to JP Miles with this card, which can then be collected and used to be redeemed on flights, free of cost. JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card is also loaded with features like Free Personal Accidental Death Insurance, the power to save while you fill fuel at any petrol station in India and much, much more.
Features and Benefits of JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card
- As a Welcome Benefit, you will be automatically given up to 3,000 JPMiles, which includes:
- 1,000 JPMiles as a bonus for acquiring the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card
- 2,000 JPMiles when you swipe your Debit Card for the first time. This must be within 90 days of when the Debit Card was issued.
- Get discount vouchers for flight tickets when you book on the official website of Jet Airways.
- You automatically earn 2000 JPMiles as well as discount vouchers on renewal.
- JPMiles Programme: Use your JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card and earn 2 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 that you spend when you purchase tickets at Point-Of-Sale. When you buy revenue tickets on the official website of Jet Airways you will earn 4 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 that you spend.
- Book any domestic ticket through Jet Airways and avail a 5% discount.
- As a JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card holder, you will be entitled to insurance cover worth Rs. 25 lacs. This includes Accelerated Personal Accidental Death Cover worth upto Rs. 25 lacs, Rs. 50,000 worth of Fire & Burglary Protection cover as well as Checked Baggage Insurance which is worth up to Rs. 1 lakh.
- Save money when you fill fuel at any fuel station in India thanks to the feature which charges 0% Surcharge for purchasing fuel with the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card.
- You will not be held responsible for fraudulent transactions on the debit card as long as the loss is reported within 30 days.
- The MasterCard Lounge Access Program lets you enjoy access to many lounges in Airports across India.
- This card ensures the most secure Transactions with the chip technology
- Enjoy high transaction limit of up to Rs. 3 lacs with this card.
- Register for MasterCard Secure and shop online to your heart’s content.
Eligibility Criteria for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card
Individual Account holders (Corporate Salary Accounts/ Savings Account/Sole Proprietors) as well as Current Account holders can apply for the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card.
How to apply for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card
If you don’t already have a HDFC Bank Account, you need to submit duly filled account opening form as well as the Application Form for this debit card to the a branch of HDFC. If you already have an account with HDFC, then you just need to submit the debit card application form. You can download the necessary application forms on the official website of HDFC Bank.
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card FAQs
What is the Annual Fee for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card?
The Annual Fee for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card is Rs. 500 and the GST. The Annual Fee will not be charged for all HNW customers (Preferred, Classic and Imperia) as well as select corporate for the first year. The second year onwards the Annual Fee is applicable for all Card Holders.
What does the Chip Technology do?
\Thanks to the Chip Technology that JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card uses, all your card transactions are completely safe. It makes sure that your data is impossible to be tampered with or copied. It also removes any chance of counterfeiting or skimming.
Will I be charged with ‘Decline charges’ if there is insufficient balance?
Yes, you will be charged Rs. 25 plus GST per transaction
Will the Checked in baggage insurance cover for my international trips?
No. Only trips within India will be covered with that particular cover.
Is there any charge for ATM PIN generation?
Yes. You will be charged Rs. 50 plus GST.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.