Overview of HDFC Bank EasyShop Gold Debit Card
Headquartered in Mumbai, HDFC Bank was founded back in 1994 by Hasmukhbhai Parekh. The bank is known for its excellent service in the financial world and is one of the main reasons for such immense growth in such few years. Currently HDFC has a network of 4,281 branches as well as 11,843 ATM's scattered around India. The company also employs more than 76,200 people.
HDFC Debit Card is designed to let customers save when they spend. The card comes packed with features and benefits. It even has free insurance cover worth Rs. 5 lakhs.
Features and Benefits of EasyShop Gold Debit Card – HDFC Bank
- EasyShop Gold Debit Card comes with a high transaction limit of Rs. 50,000 and daily ATM withdrawal limit and Rs. 2.75 lacs as daily shopping limit.
- You can avail Rs. 1 as cashback for every Rs 100 that you spend on purchase, both at merchant outlets or online. You can get up to Rs. 750 per month with this particular offer on the card.
- When you pay for fuel with your EasyShop Gold Debit Card, you can save as the money will be reversed to you by the end of the following month from the time it was charged on the card. A maximum of Rs. 750 can be availed with this offer.
- Insurance Cover
Type of insurance Amount Personal Accident Death Cover by road/rail/air Rs. 5 Lakh International Air Coverage (must purchase the flight ticket with EasyShop Gold Debit Card Rs.25 lakh Fire and Burglary cover for the items that were purchased with the debit card in the 6 months leading up to the event Rs. 50,000 Loss of checked baggage Rs. 20,000
- You can pay bills and recharge with your EasyShop Gold Debit Card from your mobile phone without using internet.
- You can do shop online or pay bills online safely and efficiently by using the MasterCard SecureCode (for credit cards/Debit Cards)/ Verified by VISA (VBV) service.
- Zero liability: In case of any fraudulent Point of Sale transactions, you will not be liable for it as long as you have reported the loss of the card within 30 days.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank EasyShop Gold Debit Card
- This card can be owned by Residents of India and NREs
- Resident Indians should have any of the following to apply for this card:
- SuperSaver Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
- Savings Account
- Current Account
- Salary Account
For other criteria and documents required for this card please contact a HDFC branch
How to apply for HDFC Bank EasyShop Gold Debit Card?
If you already have an account with HDFC, then you just need to submit the debit card application form. In case you do not have a HDFC Bank Account, you need to apply for opening an account by submitting the duly filled account opening form as well as the Application Form for this debit card to a HDFC Bank branch. You can download the necessary application forms on the official website of HDFC Bank.
EasyShop Gold Debit Card FAQs
What is the Annual Fee for EasyShop Gold Debit Card?
The annual fee for this card is Rs. 750 + GST.
Is there any charge for using the card at domestic merchant outlets / websites?
No, it is free of charge to use the card at most domestic merchant outlets / websites, except at select merchants such as petrol pumps, railway stations/ IRCTC, etc. you will be charged for the transaction charge / surcharge according to the industry practices. This is charged by the merchants.
Is there a charge for ATM PIN generation?
Yes, you will be charged Rs. 50 + GST.
Will the Checked in baggage insurance cover for my international trips?
No. Only trips within India will be covered with that particular cover.
Will the Personal Death insurance cover be valid if I have not used by card in a while?
To keep the free Personal Death Insurance cover active, you must be using the debit card at least once every 30 days at any retail or online stores.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.