Overview of EasyShop Platinum Debit Card – HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank is one of the largest banking and financial services companies in the country. Founded in 1994, the Bank has grown immensely in a matter of few years to have more than 4,280 branches across the country and over 11,840 ATM's.
HDFC offers many debit cards, one of which is EasyShop Platinum Debit Card. This debit card lets customers save in more than one way. Firstly, you are ensured 1% Cashback (up to Rs. 750 per month) when you shop online or at any retail outlets. You also get to save when you fill fuel at any fuel station in the country.
Features and Benefits of HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
- The HDFC Debit card enables customers with the following:
High ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 1 lakh daily. High shopping limit of Rs. 2.75 lacs daily.
For every Rs 100 that you spend with the card, you will be getting Rs. 1 as cash back (up to Rs. 750 per month). This is the case for any purchase, both for online purchases and for merchant outlets.
- You can save when you fill fuel at any petrol pump in India as well. Use your EasyShop Platinum Debit Card to pay for fuel and the charge will be reversed by the end of subsequent month (from the date of the surcharge). You can avail up to a maximum of Rs. 750.00 per month with each card.
- The EasyShop Platinum Debit Card comes with insurance cover for the following:
- Cover for death by road/air/rail up to the amount of Rs. 10 lac.
- You can avail an additional Rs. 50 lakhs worth International Air Coverage if you purchase your flight ticket with your EasyShop Platinum Debit Card.
- All the items that you have purchased using the debit card will be protected from fire and theft with an insurance amount of Rs. 50,000. The items must have been bought within six months of the incident.
- Checked baggage will be insured with a sum of Rs. 20,000.
- Check the HDFC website for more details on each of the above.
- For any fraudulent Point of Sale transactions that have been your debit card, you will not be liable for. However, the loss of your card must be reported within 30 days of the card being lost.
- Everything is done online now days, so it only makes sense that your EasyShop Platinum Debit Card is enabled with the ability to shop and pay bills online. The card uses Verified by VISA(VBV)/MasterCard SecureCode service for your protection.
Eligibility Criteria for EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
Both NREs and Residents can apply for the EasyShop Platinum Debit Card.
Resident Indians should be an account holder of any of the following:
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- SuperSaver Account
- Salary Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
How to apply for an EasyShop Platinum Debit card?
If you are new to HDFC, you will need to open an account with the bank for which you must download the Account Opening form. You do not need to fill up another form for EasyShop Platinum Debit card as this form will include the application for the debit card. Once you have filled up the form with the required information you can submit at any of the branches of the bank. Once processing is complete, your debit card will be sent to your mailing address.
If you already are a HDFC Bank Account holder, it is even simpler to get yourself an EasyShop Platinum Debit card. All you need to do is download the application form for the card from the HDFC website, print it out and fill in all your details. The duly filled application form must be dropped off at one of the branches of the bank. Once processing is complete, your debit card will be sent to your mailing address.
You can also apply for this card through NetBanking.
Additionally, you have the option of collecting the Insta Debit Card from a branch of the bank. Simply walk into a branch of HDFC with your cancelled cheque leaf and ID proof. Your card will be activated in one day.
EasyShop Platinum Debit card FAQs
Will I be getting cashback for all my purchases made using the debit card?
You will be getting cashback for all purchases except for jewellery, fuel and services including government payments, Business Services, insurance, mutual funds etc.
I haven’t used my debit card for a while, will I still be able to claim the loss of baggage insurance?
Whether it is Loss of checked baggage insurance or Fire & Burglary Insurance, to make a claim, you must have used the card for at least 1 purchase within three months before the loss/fire/theft. In the case of Personal Death Insurance cover, the card must be used at least once in 30 days to keep the cover active.
How do I update my HDFC Bank Platinum Debit Card using NetBanking?
It is convenient and quick to update your debit card using NetBanking. Visit the official website, login to NetBanking and find the "Cards Tab". Clicking on it will lead to "Debit Card Upgrade" which can be found under the Debit Card request section. Next you must select the existing Debit Card number and confirm it.
Is there a withdrawal limit for this card?
Yes, Rs. 1 lakh is the ATM withdrawal limit per day and Rs. 2.75 lacs is the shopping limit on the card per day.
What all is covered in the insurance that comes with the card?
This card provides Death Cover by road/air/rail, International Air Coverage, Fire & Burglary cover as well as cover for loss of checked baggage.
- SBI Saving Account Interest Rate
- Zero Balance Account
- Best Bank in India
- Savings Account Interest Rate
- HDFC Saving Account
- High Interest Savings Accounts
- Axis Bank Minimum Balance
- PNB Saving Account Interest Rate
- ICICI Bank Minimum Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking
- Citibank Savings Account
- Yes Bank Saving Account
- RBL Bank Account Opening
- Kotak Saving Account
- Andhra Bank Online Account Opening
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.