Founded in 1994, HDFC Bank (The Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited) is currently one of the largest financial services and banking companies in India as measured by assets. The bank is headquartered in Mumbai and has 4,281 branches as well as 11,843 ATM's across the country.
EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card is one of the many debit cards that the HDFC offers. This card is designed for those who would like to save while shopping. Shopping with this card at merchant outlets and online will ensure that you get 1% CashBack on all your purchases.
Features and Benefits of EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card
- HDFC is in a constant search to make your banking experience more convenient and safe. The encryption technology that this HDFC debit card is fortified with ensures that your card is completely safe from fraudulent use. Information is stored and processed in the most secure manner so that there is absolutely no risk of the card being copied to product counterfeit cards.
- Enjoy high daily cash withdrawal of Rs. 1 lakh every day from ATMs. The daily limit for shopping is also a high sum of Rs.2.75 lakh.
- Save when you spend with the EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card. Earn Rs. 1 cashback for every Rs 100 that you spend shopping online or at merchant outlets. You can earn upto Rs. 750 per month.
- You can save when you fill fuel at any petrol pump in India as well. Use your EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card for filling fuel and the charge will be reversed by the end of following month (from the date of the surcharge). You can avail up to a maximum of Rs. 750.00 per month with each card.
- The insurance covers the following:
- Cover for death by air, rail or road worth up to the sum of Rs. 10,00,000.
- Fire as well as theft will be covered for items that have been purchased with this Debit Card. A maximum of Rs. 50,000 will be paid under this cover.
- While travelling, your checked in baggage comes under this cover, the loss of which will be reimbursed. A maximum of Rs. 20,000 will be paid under this cover.
- Now its possible to recharge and pay bills without an internet connection but through your mobile using your Debit Card.Check out the official website to see how.
- Absolutely no liability: When it comes to fraudulent cases involving Point of Sale transactions that has been done on the debit card, you will not have any liability. Check the official website for more details regarding this.
- Shopping Online: Everything from paying bills to shopping can be done online using your EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card thanks to the service that is verified by MasterCard SecureCode/VISA(VBV).
- Avail exciting offers that are available for all EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card holders.
Eligibility Criteria for EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card
- Only Imperia Customers may apply for the EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card .
- Both NREs and residents can apply for the card.
- Indians Residents must hold any of the following:
- Savings Account
- SuperSaver Account
- Salary Account
- Current Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
How to apply for an EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit card?
If you already have a HDFC Bank Account, you simply need to download the application form for EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit card, print it out and fill in all your details. Then you must drop off the duly filled application form at one of the HDFC Bank branches. As soon as the processing is done, the bank will send the debit card to your mailing address.
If you don’t already have a HDFC Bank Account you must download the Account Opening form. You must then print out the form and fill in all the required information. You do not need to fill in two application forms as this one includes the EasyShop International Debit Card application as well. Next you just have to drop off the application form at any of the HDFC branches. As soon as the processing is done, the bank will send the debit card to your mailing address. You can find the forms required on the official website of HDFC Bank.
EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit card FAQs
I have been told that for the ‘fire and burglary cover’ I should have purchased the items that with the debit card for it to be covered. Is this true?
Yes. You should have bought the items with the debit card within 6 months of making a claim. Also, to make a claim, you should have made at least one purchase with the debit card within the last 3 months of the event.
Is there an Annual fee applicable for the EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card?
Yes, you will be charged Rs. 750 as annual fee. This amount is exclusive of taxes. If you are a member of the HDFC Bank Imperia Premium Banking Programme, this charge is not applicable to you.
Where all can I use my EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card?
When you want to use your EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card for shopping, you need simply to look out for the Visa logo. To use an ATM, simply look out for the Visa or PLUS logo. Also, just like any normal card, this debit card can be used at all HDFC Bank ATMs.
Will I be charged for ATM PIN generation?
Yes, you will be charged Rs. 50 plus applicable GST for ATM PIN generation.
5. What is the maximum transaction amount possible with EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card?
You can withdraw up to Rs. 1 lakh from ATMs and Rs.2.75 lakh for shopping
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.