Overview of Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
Find yourself surrounded with a world of exclusive privileges with your Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card. Designed especially for Kotak Mahindra customers, this debit card carries a host of special benefits and features which make it on of the most popular debit cards. Kotak Mahindra is one of the largest banking companies in India which enjoys a widespread nationwide presence. Than bank offers an extensive array of financial products and services spanning across several verticals like accounts, loans, deposit, wealth management, debit cards and much more.
Features & Benefits of Platinum Debit Card - Kotak Mahindra
There is a multitude of benefits and features which the Kotak Mahindra Debit Card has to offer. Here are just a few:
- High Transaction Limits – Enjoy high transaction limits for purchases and ATM withdrawals with your Platinum debit card. For purchases, this card allows a daily limit of Rs 2,00,000 (for Kotak Edge, Kotak Pro and Kotak Ace customers). For ATM withdrawals, the card carries daily limits of Rs 2,00,000 (for Kotak Ace customers) and Rs 50,000 (for Kotak Edge and Kotak Pro customers).
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver – With the rising prices of fuel, it has turned into one of the major monthly expense. With your Platinum debit card, you have a chance to save on fuel as the card allows a waiver on fuel surcharge which is levied at the rate of 2.5%. Fuel surcharge waiver can be earned while refueling at any petrol station located across India.
- Complimentary Insurance Cover – Stay protected wherever you go, with your Platinum debit card. This card offers you complimentary Air accident insurance cover up to Rs 20,00,000 ad Lost Baggage Insurance up to Rs 1,0,000.
- Purchase Protection – In case the goods that have been purchased using your debit card are stolen or lost within a specified period from the date of purchase, your Platinum debit card will cover you for an amount of up to Rs 1,00,000 under Purchase Protection Cover, for the loss of the purchased goods.
- Lost Card Liability – To further add a layer of protection to your transactions, the Platinum debit card features Lost Card Liability, which basically protects you and your funds in case your debit card has been lost or stolen and could be misused. With Lost Card Liability, the bank covers you for any loss up to the amount of Rs 2,00,000 which may be caused due t misuse of your debit card following its loss.
- Chip Based Cards For Better Security – The Platinum debit card is a Chip based card which allows you greater security, be it for transaction online or at merchant locations. Each transaction is secure.
- Priority Pass Access – Travel is all about discovering new places. You’re your Platinum debit card, you can now do so in comfort and stress free. As a Platinum debit card holder, you are eligible to apply for the Priority Pass program, the world’s largest airport access program which allows you lounge access at some of the finest and most luxurious airports across 400 cities and 120 nations across the world.
- Enjoy Exclusive Discounts – With the Platinum debit card, you are privy to some of he most exciting and attractive deals, discounts, offers and more at merchant locations and also for online shopping. These offers span across various lifestyle verticals like travelling, shopping, wellness, health care, dining, and other such activities.
- Visa Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS) – The nature of life is such that it uncertainty follows us everywhere. Accidents, thefts, and mishaps can happen anytime and anywhere, whether we may be at home or travelling. However, as a Platinum debit card holder, you can rest assured that you are protected from any of this. The 24 hour Visa Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS) is at your service round the clock if you need to report the loss of a stolen lost card, are in need of an Emergency Card Replacement or wish to resolve any debit card related query.
Eligibility for Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
The Kotak Mahindra Platinum debit card is specially designed to bring the best of convenience and offers to the card holders. This debit card is available to select Kotak Mahindra customers, namely resident Indians who hold a Kotak Mahindra Savings Account and Non-resident Indians who hold a Kotak Mahindra NRE Savings Account.
Fees & Charges for Kotak Platinum Debit Card
The Platinum Debit Card is one of the most popular debit cards which also carries nominal fees, making it also one of the most affordable yet feature rich debit cards. Some of the main charges and fee associated with the Platinum debit card are as follows:
|Issuance Charge||Free of charge (for Kotak Ace, Pro and Edge customers; Rs 50 (standard charges)|
|Annual Charge (primary card)||Free for first year and Rs 250 thereafter (for Kotak Pro customers); Free of charge (for Kotak Ace customers); Rs 750 (standard charges)|
Platinum Debit Card FAQ
- Is there a cross currency mark up fee which will be levied on foreign currency transactions?
Yes, a cross-currency mark-up fee at the rate of 3.5% will be levied on all foreign currency transactions done via the debit card.
- If I want to make a claim on Purchase Protection for a purchase made using my Platinum debit card what documents am I required to submit?
In case you wish to make a claim on your purchases done using your Platinum debit card under the Purchase Protection, then you will be required to submit the following documents at your nearest Kotak Mahindra branch:
- Original invoice of the stolen/lost items stating their price or value.
- Cost of replacement or cost of repair of the stolen / missing goods.
- Final Police Report
- An FIR (First Information Report), if filed or any document stating Police Acknowledgement on the matter.
- What documents must I submit if I want to make a claim on Air Accident Insurance as provided by my Platinum debit card?
In order to file a claim on Air Accident Insurance, the card holder will be required to submit the following documents at their nearest Kotak Mahindra branch:
- Copy of the debit card statement stating the purchase of airline ticket.
- If a death has taken place in a hospital, then an original death summary must be provided from the concerned hospital.
- If the death has taken place in a hospital, then a copy of the death certificate must be procured from the hospital authorities or treating doctor.
- A copy of the FIR (first information report) from the police department or a copy of the medico-legal certificate (in case the death has occurred in a hospital).
- A copy of the post-mortem exam report, if the death has occurred in a hospital.
- All relevant treatment documents (if the death has taken place in a hospital) or a certificate from the treating doctor providing the details of the injuries sustained (the how, when and where of the injuries sustained).
- If the claim is being made for the death of the principal insured, then a copy of the legal heir certificate must be provided.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.