With fraudulent techniques such as card skimming, phishing of one’s bank account details and so on, on the rise, account and debit card holders have to be extra cautious not to become a victim of fraudulent techniques. As soon as a customer loses his/her ATM debit card, the bank advises them to hotlist the card to avoid the card which could have been lost or stolen, being misused by fraudsters. Central Bank of India customers have the option of either blocking their debit card either through their internet banking account or they can even block their card through the Central Bank of India mobile app - Cent Mobile. For customers that do not have access to an internet connection when they have lost their debit card, they can also opt to block their debit card either through the SMS facility offered by Central Bank of India of just by calling the customer care unit of the bank to get their card hotlisted. If customers have chosen to opt for the SMS service to block their debit card, they must first ensure that their mobile number is registered with Central Bank of India. In addition, customers have three options via the SMS facility, either to block their default Central Bank of India debit card, to block another debit card held with Central Bank of India or to block all their debit cards that they hold with the bank. For customers that wish to block their debit card via the SMS service of Central Bank of India or by calling the customer care unit to hotlist the card, they should follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to block Central Bank of India debit card through the SMS facility
As already mentioned in the introduction, customers have three options to block their debit card through the SMS facility - either to block their default debit card linked to the registered mobile number, to block a particular debit card held with Central Bank of India, or to block all their debit cards held with Central Bank of India. Provided that the customer has registered his/her mobile number with Central Bank of India, he/she can go ahead with the process of blocking their debit card through the SMS facility.
To initiate the process before choosing either of the below options, customers have to first SMS follow the process listed below:
- The Central Bank of India customer has to send an SMS to 9967533228 in the following format - LOST
- Once that is done, the customer can go ahead to block his/her debit card[s], from the options given below.
Option 1: To block all cards linked to the registered mobile number
- For this option, all that the customer needs to do is to SMS the code LOST to +919967533228. The customer can choose this option if he/she does not remember their exact debit card number.
Option 2: To hotlist only a particular debit card
- For this option, the customer has to send an SMS to 919967533228 in the following format - LOST
In this case, only the particular card number that you have mentioned will be blocked. If there is a discrepancy between the card number and the registered mobile number, then the bank will decline the request and send a message mentioning the same.
Option 3: To block all debit cards linked to the account of the customer
- In order to block all the debit cards linked to the account, the customer has to send an SMS to +919967533228 in the following format - LOST
All the debit cards will be hotlisted provided that the customer has linked his/her registered mobile number to the cards.
Steps to block Central Bank of India debit card via the customer care unit
Central Bank of India customers can block their debit card by calling or emailing the customer care if they do not have access to the Central Bank of India internet banking account, mobile app or if they feel that the SMS service is too tedious. Customer can call either of the below listed numbers to block their debit card:
|Type of service||Contact|
|Call center for customer related services||1800 22 1911|
|For hotlisting debit card||1800 22 1911|
1. Is it possible for me to use the SMS service and the missed call facility of Central Bank of India to block someone else’s Central Bank of India account? I am a Central Bank of India account holder as well.
No, you will be able to use the SMS service and the missed call facility to check the balance for your account only and cannot do it for anyone else using your number. This is because Central Bank of India will recognise the request based on the registered number of the customer and SMS the information pertaining to the account of that particular customer only.
2. Is it possible to block my Central Bank of India debit card using the missed call service as well?
No, that would not be possible as you can use the missed call service of Central Bank of India only to make a balance enquiry or to request for a mini statement - last 5 transactions.
3. What are the most important requirements to use the Central Bank of India SMS lfacility to block one’s debit card?
In order to use this service, customers have to ensure that firstly that they have registered their mobile number with Central Bank of India and that the debit card is linked to the registered mobile number. Only by making the request through the registered mobile number will the customer be able to block the debit card that has been either lost or stolen.
4. Does Central Bank of India charge for the SMS service?
Central Bank of India does not charge for the SMS service but regular SMS services are applicable.
5. Are there any other ways to block my Central Bank of India debit card?
Apart from using the SMS facility and by calling the customer care unit of Central Bank of India, you can even use the online banking facility of Central Bank of India, and the mobile app of Central Bank of India - Cent Mobile.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account