Headquartered in Mumbai, India, State Bank of India was founded in 1806 but was named as it is today in 1955 and currently is India’s largest public sector bank. A few years back, State Bank of India rolled out its very own internet banking facility and since then, customers can now carry out all banking processes with just a few clicks. Customers can even change their registered mobile number online in just a few steps. Prior to the internet banking facility, customers had to visit the bank and make a request to change their registered mobile number. Following verification of the request form, the mobile number of the customer would be registered with the bank in 24 hours. This process however can now be done instantly with the online facility. For those new to banking, it is important for one to register their mobile number with the bank they hold an account with, to receive notifications on the transactions that they make (credit or debit), receive an OTP (One-time password) to complete a transaction and lots more. If SBI customers wish to change their registered mobile number, they can follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
SBI customers will have to follow the steps mentioned below to change their registered mobile number through their SBI internet banking account:
- Visit the State Bank of India official banking page.
- Once on the page, click on “login” to personal account.
- Login to your internet banking account using your username and password.
- On the main page of your internet banking account, click on the “profile” tab which is displayed on the top bar of the screen.
- The page will now display a number of options to choose from, like manage beneficiary, select account nickname, change internet banking account password and so on, choose the “personal details” link.
- The page will now display your personal details - name, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Enter your internet banking password and click on “submit”.
- Now choose the option “change mobile number”.
- Choose whether you wish to proceed using an OTP (one-time password), ATM PIN or by calling the SBI contact center.
- Now, click on the option “create new request”.
- Next, enter your mobile number and re-enter it as part of the verification process.
- Click on “submit”.
- If you have chosen the OTP option, an OTP will be sent to the number that you have just entered.
- Enter the OTP and click on “OK” to proceed.
Once that is done, your mobile number will be either registered or linked to your bank account You will receive a confirmation message from the bank regarding the change of registered mobile number. Contact the bank immediately if your haven't made the request.
- What will happen if I do not register by mobile number with the bank?
If you do not register your mobile number with the bank, you will not receive any important notifications from the bank, like when you carry out a transaction - either a credit or debit to your account - when you have to enter an OTP to complete a transaction and so on.
- Does every SBI bank customer have their number registered with the bank?
Ideally, every bank customer should have their number registered with the bank.
- Are there any other benefits of having your mobile number linked to your account?
There are plenty of benefits of having your mobile number linked to your bank account. You can change your internet banking account password, or generate a new password if you have forgotten it, you will also receive all functions that have been carried out in your bank account - helping you keep track of the funds in your account and you will also receive important bank notices.
- Is the process the same if I have to register my mobile number for the first time with the bank?
Yes, technically the process is the same, but the bank will automatically register your mobile number that you have mentioned in your account opening form. Keeping that in mind, you wouldn’t need to go through this process if you wish to register your mobile number for the first time as the bank will do that initially.
- What happens if my service provider has blocked the mobile number that is registered with the bank? Can I make transactions without my mobile number?
If your service provider has mobile number that is registered with SBI for some reason, you would need to inform the bank of the same immediately. Yes, provided your internet banking account is active, you can make transactions using either your ATM PIN or 3D secure PIN as apart from using your mobile number to receive an OTP to complete a transaction.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card