It is always advisable for customers holding debit cards to change their PIN frequently. This firstly enhances the security of the card as well as prevents duplication - if one’s card is either skimmed or the card has been stolen. Also, if the customer has forgotten his/her password, then they will have to follow the steps to reset their debit card PIN. For Axis Bank customers, they can reset their ATM debit card PIN either through their internet banking account, through the mobile app of Axis Bank, through the phone banking facility of Axis Bank or at any Axis Bank ATM. For those who wish to reset their Axis Bank debit card PIN, we have first listed the steps to be taken to reset one’s debit card PIN.
Steps to reset Axis Bank ATM Debit PIN at an ATM
Axis Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to reset their debit card PIN at an ATM:
- Visit any Axis Bank ATM.
- Swipe your Axis Bank debit card and select the “set PIN” option on the main screen.
- As part of the verification process, Axis Bank will send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to continue.
- You will now have to enter your personal details linked to your bank account - your registered mobile number and your date of birth.
- Now, enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN to confirm the combination you have chosen.
Once that is done, your debit card PIN will be activated. The bank will send you a message informing you of the same. In the case of joint account holders, the primary account holder will have to enter the details of the secondary account holder.
Steps to reset Axis Bank ATM debit PIN using the Axis Bank Mobile App
Axis Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to reset their debit card PIN on the Axis Bank mobile app if they have forgotten the PIN or just wish to change it for security reasons:
- Use your username and password to login to the Axis Bank mobile app.
- Click on the “home” button which is located on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Banking” option and click on the “services” tab.
- Select the “debit card” option.
- Choose “set/reset PIN” from the other debit card options available.
- Once you have done that, enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN and enter the MPIN as well.
- Click on “submit”.
As soon as you have done that, your Axis Bank debit card PIN will be reset.
Steps to reset Axis Bank ATM debit PIN using the internet banking facility
Axis Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to reset their debit card PIN via their internet banking account:
- Login to your internet banking account using your internet banking username and password.
- Click on “account” and choose the “debit card” tab.
- Next, select the “more services” option and choose the “set debit card PIN”.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN and enter the expiry date of your Axis Bank debit card.
- An OTP (One-time password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to finally reset your Axis Bank debit card PIN.
Steps to reset Axis Bank ATM debit PIN using the Axis Bank phone banking facility
To reset the Axis Bank debit card, customers have to follow the two-step process. To firstly get the activation passcode and then to reset the debit card PIN using the passcode.
Steps to get the activation passcode:
- Dial the Axis Bank toll-free numbers - 1860-419-5555/ 1860-500-5555. Before this, make sure that your mobile number is registered with Axis Bank.
- On the call, select option 1 to know your bank account details.
- After that, choose option 4 for debit card related services.
- To generate your activation passcode, dial 1.
- To conclude steps 1, enter your debit card number, expiry date of your Axis Bank debit card, your date of birth.
- Once that is done, the activation passcode will be sent to your mobile number.
Steps to generate Axis Bank ATM debit card PIN using the activation passcode:
- Redial the toll-free number of the Axis Bank phone banking facility you called to get the activation code.
- Repeat the first two steps - choose option 1 and option 4.
- Next, choose the generate PIN option.
- Dial 2 if you have the activation code.
- Again, enter your debit card number, expiry date of your card, and your date of birth.
- Enter the PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN as a confirmation.
- As soon as this is done, the bank will notify you that your PIN has been reset.
What should I do if I have not received the OTP?
If you have not received the OTP, wait for a couple of minutes and if you still haven't received it, click on the “resend OTP” option. If you still do not get it, call the customer care unit of Axis Bank and ask them to rectify the problem. It’s possible also because the bank might have failed to register your mobile number.
Is it possible to reset my debit card PIN at any Axis Bank ATM or should it be done only at the home branch ATM?
It is not necessary to go to your home branch Axis Bank ATM to reset your debit card PIN. You can do it at any Axis Bank ATM. That said, you can also make use of the internet banking and mobile banking facilities of Axis Bank as they are more convenient and you can do so with just a few clicks.
For the internet banking and mobile app procedures to activate my debit card PIN, is it required for me to upload a scanned copy of my KYC documents?
Uploading scanned copies of your KYC documents would not be necessary since you would have submitted your KYC documents to open the account (savings or current). All that you need to enter are your bank account details such as your registered mobile number, date of birth, etc. - if requested only.
By mistake I have entered the wrong OTP, what should I do?
If by chance you have entered the wrong OTP three times consecutively, then your transaction will be declined. You will have to start the process again.
Do I have to follow the same steps to activate my PIN when I get a new debit card?
Yes, you can follow the steps to activate your PIN through Axis Bank’s internet banking facility, phone banking facility, mobile app or at an ATM, when you receive a new debit card from the bank.