Overview of HDFC Bank RuPay Premium Debit Card
HDFC was founded back in 1994 and since has grown to be one of the largest financial services and banking companies in India. The bank is headquartered in Mumbai and has over 4,280 branches and over 11,800 ATM's across the country.
HDFC Bank RuPay Premium Debit Card is loaded with features and benefits that lets you save big no matter what you spend on. When you use the card to pay the dreaded utility bills you will be getting a 5 % CashBack and filling fuel will earn you 1% Fuel surcharge waiver. The card protects you with a Permanent Disability/ Personal Accidental Death cover which is worth upto Rs. 2 lacs. RuPay Debit Card is designed for use at indian websites, indian merchant outlets and ATMs. It is not meant for international use, thus if you are looking for a card which can be used internationally you must go to a branch of the bank and ask for a Visa / MasterCard Debit Card.
Features and Benefits of RuPay Premium Debit Card - HDFC Bank
- RuPay Premium Debit Card comes with a daily withdrawal limit of Rs 25,000 and shopping limit at POS & merchant outlets of Rs 1.25 Lacs
- When you pay your Utility Bills with the card, you will be getting a 5% CashBack. Up to Rs 50 per month can be accumulated as cashback under this feature. You will be receiving the cashback in a month’s time.
- Zero Fuel Surcharge: No matter where you fill fuel, as long as you pay for it using the RuPay Premium Debit Card, you will be getting it reversed in a month’s time. (Up to Rs 75 per month). The feature is only valid for fuel filled in India. Also, the transaction value should be a minimum of Rs. 300.
- These are the Exclusive Offers that you will receive as a RuPay Premium Debit Card holder:
- Welcome Vouchers at Cafe Coffee Day.
- Merchant Discounts at Cafe Coffee Day and IRCTC bookings. Visit the official website for more details.
- Permanent Disability Insurance / Personal Accidental Death by road/air/rail worth Rs. 2 lacs. One of the conditions for card holders to make this claim is that the card should have been used a minimum of one time for any transaction in the previous 30 days of the event.
- Pay online: Everything from paying utility bills, booking movie tickets, online shopping etc, can done using the HDFC Bank RuPay Premium Debit Card. It’s both convenient and extremely safe thanks to the added security of RuPay Premium PaySecure
- Zero Liability Protection: In case your card is stolen/misplaced, and there has been a fraudulent transaction on it, you will not have any liability for it. However, this means that the card should have been reported missing within 30 days. Further, only Point-Of-Sale (POS) transactions will be covered, and not the ATM/ NetSafe /Online Debit Card transactions. Each card will have a maximum liability of Rs 1 lakh. For the claim to be accepted, the card should have been used at least one time within 6 months of making the claim.
- Airport Lounge Access will give access to all RuPay Premium Debit Card holders access to lounges in 27 airport lounges. All you have to do is present the card, make a nominal transaction fee of Rs. 2 and enter the valid PIN for the transaction to be completed.
- Concierge Facility is available to all card holders throughout India. The service is available 24x7 in Hindi or English. The charges will be communicated according to what you need. The following services are included:
- Gift Delivery Assistance
- Flower Delivery Assistance
- Restaurant Referral and Arrangement
- Courier Service Assistance
- Car Rental and Limousine Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Golf Reservations
- Movie ticket sourcing Assistance
- Car Rental and Sight Seeing Assistance
- IT Return Assessment and filling assistance
- Investment Consultancy
- Insurance Consultancy
Eligibility Criteria for RuPay Premium Debit Card
NREs and Residents can apply for this card. As a Resident Indian who is applying for the card, you must have a Salary Account, Current Account or a Savings Account with the bank.
How to apply for the RuPay Premium Debit Card?
If you already have a HDFC Bank Account, you just need to download the application form, get it printed and fill it in with your details. You can drop of the duly filled application form at a branch of HDFC Bank. Once processed, your card will be sent to the mailing address.
If you don’t have a HDFC Bank Account, you must download the Account Opening form, get it printed and fill it in with your details. Since this form will include the HDFC Debit Card application in it, you will not need an additional form for the card. You can drop of the duly filled application form at a branch of HDFC Bank. Once processed, your card will be sent to the mailing address.
RuPay Premium Debit Card FAQs
What should I do if I misplace my card?
You must immediately report the loss of the card to the Phone Banking service or go to a branch of HDFC Bank to report it.
Can the RuPay Premium Debit Card be used to make payments online?
Yes, it's possible to shop at all domestic online merchants with this card as long as they have the RuPay PaySecure certification on the website.
Can the RuPay Premium Debit Card be used when I travel abroad?
No. RuPay Premium Debit Card is meant to be used only domestically. It can be used in all ATMs, websites and merchant outlets in India.
What do I do to use my debit card when I travel abroad?
You will have to visit a branch of HDFC and request for a MasterCard/Visa Debit Card. According to RBI guideline, all new cards are by default set to be used only domestically. To enable international usage on your Visa / MasterCard Debit Card, you must log in to the official
website and change the settings.
Is there annual charge for the RuPay Premium Debit Card?
Yes, you will be charged Rs. 150 + GST.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.