Overview of Kotak Mahindra Privy League Platinum Debit Card
The Kotak Mahindra Privy League Platinum debit card is here to usher you to the world of luxury and convenience like you have never seen before. Specially designed for its Prima and Magna customers, this debit card comes loaded with the most exciting features and benefits for lifestyle related needs like travelling, dining, health care, fitness, shopping, wellness and much more. Also, you get to enjoy some of the highest transaction limits to be offered by a debit card, along with complimentary insurance not only for you but also for your transactions.
Kotak Mahindra was founded in 1985 and is one of the leading financial companies in India. With a net income of Rs 15.69 billion, Kotak Mahindra enjoys a must respected presence in India as it serves a diverse customer base with an array of well appointed financial product and services which span across accounts, deposits, loans, wealth management, estate planning, credit and debit cards.
Features & Benefits of Privy League Platinum debit card - Kotak Mahindra
Some of the exclusive features and benefits as provided by the Kotak Mahindra Privy League Platinum Debit Card are as follows:
- High Daily Transaction Limits – For Prima and Magna customers of Kotak Mahindra, the Privy League Platinum debit card allows high transaction limits. Prima customers can enjoy transaction limits of Rs 2,50,000 (purchases) and Rs 2,00,000 (ATM withdrawals). Magna customers of the bank get to enjoy transaction limits of Rs 2,50,000 (purchases and ATM withdrawals).
- Purchase Protection – Purchase protection is a cover provided against the loss of purchases that have been made using the debit card. In the event that goods which have been purchased using your debit card are lost or stolen within a pre-specified time period from the date of purchase, then this card provides you with Purchase Protection for stolen goods up to an amount of Rs 1,00,000.
- Complimentary Insurance Cover - As a Privy League Platinum debit card holder, you are entitled to receive complimentary insurance cover while you travel. This card provides you with Lost Baggage cover worth Rs 1,00,000 and Air Accident insurance worth Rs 20,00,000.
- Lost Card Liability – Lost Card Liability refers to the liability or loss which might result due to misuse or fraudulent use of the card in the event of it being stolen or lost. As a Privy League Platinum debit card holder, you are entitled to Lost Card Liability up to the amount of Rs 2,50,000.
- Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access - Travel should be stress free and that’s exactly what the Platinum debit card gives you. With your Kotak Mahindra debit card, you can now unwind as you travel as this card makes you eligible for the Priority Pass program which allows you access to some of the finest and most luxurious airport lounges located in over 120 countries and across 400 cities worldwide.
- Enhanced Security with Chip Based Cards – Kotak Mahindra ensures that all your transactions are carried out with no room for risk or error. That is why the Privy League Platinum debit card is a Chip based card which comes with additional safety features to give you a worry free transaction experience, every single time.
- Visa Global Customer Assistance Service – One minute, you may be sunning yourself on the golden beaches of Bali, the very next minute, you realize, you do not have your debit card with you anymore. Such mishaps an occurrences are rather common while on holiday but can generate unhealthy amounts of stress. However, as a Platinum debit card holder, you are free to avail the services of Visa Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS) , a 24/7 helpline service which provides customers a variety of indispensable services like reporting the loss of a stolen card, putting in a request for replacement of the stolen or for any other miscellaneous query which you may have regarding your debit card.
- Exclusive Discounts – With the Platinum debit card, you get to enjoy the best of the best. Enjoy attractive discounts, deals and offers when you travel, at dining establishments, at health and fitness centers or for a host of other lifestyle related needs.
- Widely Accepted – Forego worries of making payments when you travel, domestically or internationally. The Privy League Platinum debit card is widely accepted all over the world, not only at Visa enabled merchant establishments but also Visa ATMs located across the world.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver – With the rising costs of fuel, it has certainly become a major expense. With your Platinum debit card, you can save on the fuel surcharge, each time you refuel at any petrol filling station located in India. This card rewards you with a waiver on the fuel surcharge which is currently levied at the rate of 2.5%.
Eligibility for Kotak Mahindra Privy League Platinum Debit Card
The Kotak Mahindra Privy League Platinum Debit Card will be issued only to Prima and Magna customers of the bank.
Fees & charges : Privy League Platinum Debit Card
Some of the main charges and fee associated with the Privy League Signature Debit Card are as follows:
|Particulars||Standard Charges||Charges for Prima / Magna customers|
|Issuance Charge||Rs 750||Free of charge|
|Annual Fee||Rs 750 (primary card)||Free|
|Cash Withdrawal||Free (at Kotak ATMs)||Free (at Kotak ATMs)|
Kotak Mahindra Privy League Platinum Debit Card FAQ
- What is the amount of Air Accident Insurance provided with the Platinum debit card?
The Privy League Platinum debit card offers complimentary Air Accident insurance coverage up to Rs 20,00,000.
- What do I do if I lose my Privy League Platinum debit card while travelling overseas?
In case you happen to lose your card while travelling overseas, you must immediately report the loss to the bank by calling their toll free helpline number. Additionally, you may also report the loss of your card by calling the Visa Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS).
- Are there any charges applicable if I withdraw cash or make a balance enquiry using my Privy League Platinum debit card at a domestic ATM of another bank?
A standard charge of Rs 20/per transaction (for cash withdrawal transaction) and Rs 8.50/per transaction (for balance enquiry transactions) is applicable. However, Prima and Magna customers holding the Platinum debit card can carry out both these transactions, free of charge.
- When does the Lost Card Liability cover come into effect, if the debit card has been stolen or lost?
The Lost Card Liability Cover shall be effective as soon as the card holder reports the loss of the card to the bank’s representative.
- Are there any charges applicable if I withdraw cash or make a balance enquiry using my Privy League Platinum debit card at an international ATM?
While the Platinum debit card is enabled for international use, the card does carry a charge for international ATM usage. A charge of Rs 150 per transaction will be levied for cash withdrawal transactions and a charge of Rs 25 will be levied for any balance enquiry transaction. However, both these transactions can be carried out free of charge by Privy League Platinum debit card holders who are Prima or Magna customers.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.