In association with NPCI, the Bank of Baroda launched the RuPay Debit Card that enables customers to transact at ATMs, POS terminals and online. The card is valid only for domestic use within India The card has a number of attractive benefits including security features that protect the customer from fraud.
Features of Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card
- Experience convenient shopping and dining at any outlet that accepts RuPay in India.
- The card is secure with PIN-based technology eliminating the possibility of fraud and misuse in case of lost or stolen debit cards.
- Cash withdrawals are limited to Rs.25,000 per day.
- Transaction limits at merchant outlets are capped at Rs.50,000 per day.
- Access to more than 6,900 BOB ATMs and 1.18 lakh other ATMs in the NFS circle.
Eligibility of RuPay Debit Card
All customers who are eligible for debit card issuance at Bank of Baroda can avail this card.
How to apply for RuPay Debit Card
The RuPay Debit Card is available to all customers who hold a savings or current account with Bank of Baroda. To apply for a savings account and a RuPay Debit Card, you can follow the process given below:
- Download the application form on the Bank of Baroda website. Forms are available at any BOB branch.
- While filling the form, opt to receive the Rupay Debit Card.
- You need to enter the name in which you would like the debit card to be issued.
- Submit the duly-filled form along with the required KYC Documents
- Bank of Baroda will open an account for you and your debit card and PIN will be issued.
Documents Required for Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card
Bank of Baroda requires a passport photograph along with KYC documents as follows:
Any one of the following as ID proof
- PAN card
- Government ID card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving Licence
- Passport (Mandatory for NRI)
- Identity Card or confirmation from employer
- Confirmation letter from other bank
- Letter from recognized public authority or public servant
- Any other document with photograph acceptable to the Bank of Baroda
- Married women may submit any ID proof with their maiden name supported by a certified true copy of marriage certificate
Any one of the following as Address proof
- Voters ID
- Ration card
- Bank account statement
- Driving licence
- Letter from employer
- Telephone bill or electricity bill
- Income or Wealth Tax assessment order
- Married women can submit address proof in the name of their husband
- Any document of communication issued by any authority of Central or State Government or local body showing residential address of the applicant
- Any documentary evidence bearing the address acceptable by Bank of Baroda
Fees and Charges for RuPay Debit Card
Listed below are the fees and charges associated with Bank of Baroda debit cards. The fees applicable on the Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card may vary.
|Annual Fees||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for subsequent years. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|Add-on Cards||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for subsequent years. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|ATM transactions at Bank of Baroda ATMs||Free|
|ATM transactions at ATMs for current/overdraft account holders||Rs.20 per transaction|
|ATM transactions at Metro ATMs of other banks (Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai)||
|ATM transactions at ATMs of other banks at other locations||
|Charge Slip retrieval||Rs.400|
|Card replacement (delivery within India)||Rs.200|
|Rail ticket surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
|Surcharge for payment at certain schools, colleges, universities, and government services||1% of the transaction amount|
|Fuel Surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
*Fees and charges are subject to amendments from time to time as per the bank’s regulations. GST as per the tax laws will be applicable.
Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card FAQs
What are the services offered at Bank of Baroda ATMs?
At any Bank of Baroda ATM, the following services are available to debit card users:
- Cash withdrawal
- Balance enquiry
- PIN change
- Card to Card transfer
- Print Mini Statement
I have request for a new PIN. How will I receive it?
A duplicate PIN will be sent via post to your registered address in a sealed envelope. Make sure your contact information is up to date with the bank.
What is the procedure for first-time usage of the Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card
If you are using your debit card for the first time, you need to activate it at any ATM. A PIN will be sent in a sealed envelope to your registered address.
- Visit any ATM to activate your debit card.
- nsert your card into the designated slot.
- Enter the PIN received from the bank.
- Choose “Change PIN”.
- Enter the new PIN you would like to set for your debit card and confirm.
- Your ATM card will be activated with the new PIN.
- You can then use it at any ATM, POS terminal or online.
- Can I get a duplicate debit card if I lose mine?
- Yes. If you have lost your debit card, Bank of Baroda will replace it at a fee of Rs.200. You need to inform Bank of Baroda immediately whether the card is lost, stolen or misplaced. You can do so by calling the customer care service 24/7. Your card will be blocked to protect you against fraud and misuse.
How do I retrieve my debit card from an ATM that has swallowed it?
If your debit card has been swallowed by an ATM and is not being dispensed back out, you need to call Bank of Baroda Customer Service and inform them immediately. Your card will be blocked to ensure there is no misuse or fraud. You will be issued a new card.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.