In association with NPCI, the Bank of Baroda launched the RuPay Debit Card that enables customers to transact at ATMs, POS terminals and online. The card is valid only for domestic use within India The card has a number of attractive benefits including security features that protect the customer from fraud.
Features of Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card
- Experience convenient shopping and dining at any outlet that accepts RuPay in India.
- The card is secure with PIN-based technology eliminating the possibility of fraud and misuse in case of lost or stolen debit cards.
- Cash withdrawals are limited to Rs.25,000 per day.
- Transaction limits at merchant outlets are capped at Rs.50,000 per day.
- Access to more than 6,900 BOB ATMs and 1.18 lakh other ATMs in the NFS circle.
All customers who are eligible for debit card issuance at Bank of Baroda can avail this card.
How to apply
The RuPay Debit Card is available to all customers who hold a savings or current account with Bank of Baroda. To apply for a savings account and a RuPay Debit Card, you can follow the process given below:
- Download the application form on the Bank of Baroda website. Forms are available at any BOB branch.
- While filling the form, opt to receive the Rupay Debit Card.
- You need to enter the name in which you would like the debit card to be issued.
- Submit the duly-filled form along with the required KYC Documents
- Bank of Baroda will open an account for you and your debit card and PIN will be issued.
Documents Required for Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card
Bank of Baroda requires a passport photograph along with KYC documents as follows:
Any one of the following as ID proof
- PAN card
- Government ID card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving license
- Passport (Mandatory for NRI)
- Identity Card or confirmation from employer
- Confirmation letter from other bank
- Letter from recognized public authority or public servant
- Any other document with photograph acceptable to the Bank of Baroda
- Married women may submit any ID proof with their maiden name supported by a certified true copy of marriage certificate
Any one of the following as Address proof
- Voters ID
- Ration card
- Bank account statement
- Driving license
- Letter from employer
- Telephone bill or electricity bill
- Income or Wealth Tax assessment order
- Married women can submit address proof in the name of their husband
- Any document of communication issued by any authority of Central or State Government or local body showing residential address of the applicant
- Any documentary evidence bearing the address acceptable by Bank of Baroda
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the fees and charges associated with Bank of Baroda debit cards. The fees applicable on the Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card may vary.
|Annual Fees||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for subsequent years. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|Add-on Cards||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for subsequent years. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|ATM transactions at Bank of Baroda ATMs||Free|
|ATM transactions at ATMs for current/overdraft account holders||Rs.20 per transaction|
|ATM transactions at Metro ATMs of other banks (Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai)||
|ATM transactions at ATMs of other banks at other locations||
|Charge Slip retrieval||Rs.400|
|Card replacement (delivery within India)||Rs.200|
|Rail ticket surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
|Surcharge for payment at certain schools, colleges, universities, and government services||1% of the transaction amount|
|Fuel Surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
*Fees and charges are subject to amendments from time to time as per the bank’s regulations. GST as per the tax laws will be applicable.
Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card FAQs
What are the services offered at Bank of Baroda ATMs?
At any Bank of Baroda ATM, the following services are available to debit card users:
- Cash withdrawal
- Balance enquiry
- PIN change
- Card to Card transfer
- Print Mini Statement
A duplicate PIN will be sent via post to your registered address in a sealed envelope. Make sure your contact information is up to date with the bank.
If you are using your debit card for the first time, you need to activate it at any ATM. A PIN will be sent in a sealed envelope to your registered address.
- Visit any ATM to activate your debit card.
- nsert your card into the designated slot.
- Enter the PIN received from the bank.
- Choose “Change PIN”.
- Enter the new PIN you would like to set for your debit card and confirm.
- Your ATM card will be activated with the new PIN.
- You can then use it at any ATM, POS terminal or online.
If your debit card has been swallowed by an ATM and is not being dispensed back out, you need to call Bank of Baroda Customer Service and inform them immediately. Your card will be blocked to ensure there is no misuse or fraud. You will be issued a new card.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.