The Platinum Debit Card offered by State Bank of India gives customers access to cashless transactions and benefits of ATMs. The card is issued either in association with VISA or MasterCard. High transaction and withdrawal limits make this debit card suitable for big spenders. Cardholders can also earn reward points as they shop with the State Bank Rewardz Scheme.
Features of SBI Platinum International Debit Card
The SBI Platinum Debit Card is enabled for international usage. Travel the world with your debit card and experience convenient cashless shopping anywhere.
The SBI Platinum Debit Card is available with VISA or MasterCard association.
- Access to ATMs
The Platinum Debit Card gives you access to ATMs all across the country and the world. You can withdraw up to Rs.1 lakh per day.
- Purchase Transactions
You can use your debit card to make purchases for up to Rs.2 lakhs per day.
The Platinum Debit Card is eligible to earn reward points under the State Bank Rewardz scheme. You will earn 1 point for every Rs.200 spent on your card.
You are entitled to complimentary insurance against accidental death. You will be covered for Rs.5 lakhs.
- Purchase Protection
You will be protected against theft and damage on all your purchases for up to Rs.50,000 for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- State Bank Rewardz
When you use your debit card to shop, fill fuel, transact online, book travel and dine out, and more, you can rack up reward points. You will earn 1 State Bank Rewardz point for every Rs.200 spent on your debit card. You can also earn points on your first three transactions from when you receive the debit card. Using your debit card for three transactions within the first calendar month from the date of issuance of your card can fetch you 200 bonus points.
- Make your first purchase within one month of the issuance of your card and you can earn 50 State Bank Rewardz bonus points.
- Make your second purchase within one month of the issuance of your card and you can earn 50 State Bank Rewardz bonus points.
- Make your third purchase within one month of the issuance of your card and you can earn 100 State Bank Rewardz bonus points.
- Carry out at least three more transactions in a quarter and you can triple your Rewardz points collected during that quarter.
The Rewardz points you earn will accumulate. You can then redeem it for exciting gifts on the State Bank Rewardz website or mobile app.
Fees and Charges
Given below are some of the fees associated with the State Bank of India Platinum International Debit Card.
|Annual Fee||Rs.200 plus GST|
|Duplicate Card||Rs.200 plus GST|
|Cash limit at domestic ATMs||Rs.1 lakh|
|Cash limit at international ATMs||Subject to a maximum of foreign currency equivalent to Rs.1 lakh|
|POS limit at domestic outlets||Rs.2 lakhs|
|POS limit at international outlets||Subject to a maximum of foreign currency equivalent to Rs.1 lakh|
|Transaction charges at SBI ATMs||Free|
|Transaction charges at other ATMs||First 5 transactions are free for savings account holders.|
How to apply
To get the SBI Platinum Debit Card, you need to open a bank account with SBI. You can open a savings account or a current account to avail this card. Application forms are available online. Simply fill up the form and submit it to an SBI branch along with the required documents and the initial deposit. Once your bank account is open, you will be issued the SBI debit card. Contact the bank for more details on eligibility requirements for the Platinum Debit Card.
To open a bank account with SBI, the basic documentation required is listed below:
Any one ID Proof
- Driving Licence
- Passport (Mandatory for NRIs)
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Any document which has your photo on it and which has been attested by the Central/State government or any of its departments
Any one Address Proof
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID
- Utility bill like electricity, phone, and water (not more than 3 months old)
- Ration Card
- Insurance Copy
- Any document with your photo on it which has been issued by the Central/State government or any of its departments
*SBI may request for more documents at their own discretion
SBI Platinum International Debit Card FAQs
- What services are provided at SBI ATMs?
- Cash withdrawals
- PIN change
- Balance enquiry
- Mini Statement
- Card to Card transfer
- Credit card payment
- SBI Life premium payment
- Mobile top-up
- Cheque Book request
- Trust donation
- Bill payment
- Mobile banking registration
- Inter-mobile payment system
How do I contact the SBI customer care?
You can contact the customer care service of SBI around the clock via the following options:Toll Free Numbers 1800 425 3800
1800 11 2211
What should I do in case I lose my SBI debit card?
If you have lost your SBI debit card, please contact the customer care immediately and inform them of the same. Your card will be blocked and you will be issued a new one.
How do I redeem my Rewardz points?
You can redeem your points either through your SBI online account or by calling the customer care number.
Will I be charged for Rewardz points redemption?
Yes, there is a fee of Rs.99 plus GST levied on Rewardz redemption. This will be charged to your SBI Card account.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
- ATM Withdrawal Limit
- SBI ATM Card
- ATM Card
- International Debit Card
- PNB ATM Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- Bank of India Debit Card Apply Online
- Best Prepaid Travel Card India
- Union Bank ATM Limit
- Andhra Bank Platinum Debit card
- Coral Debit Card Benefits
- HDFC Platinum Debit Card Offers
- EMI on Debit Card
- BOB Debit Card
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account