There are several benefits of paying your credit card bill on time,low interest rates, improved credit score, and no late payment penalties. You're also viewed as a responsible borrower by potential lenders, increasing your chances of getting other lines of credit.
Now, Citibank provides various payment modes to make sure you never miss your payment. You can also use other bank accounts to pay your Citibank card dues.
Citibank Credit Card Bill Payment - Online
- Standing instruction
- Citi Mobile
Citibank Credit Card Bill Payment Online With Other Bank Account
- Visa Money Transfer (VMT)
- Card payment from another bank's website
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill - Online
When your due date is just a day away, online payment channels can work in your favour. That's why, Citibank offers several modes to clear your dues. Listed below are the payment modes you can use if you have a Citibank account.
Set up a standing instruction to clear your dues without having to remember your due date. You will have to log in to the Citi online banking portal with your user ID and IPIN. You can create a standing instruction for the total amount due or minimum amount due. This will be debited from your account and credited to your Citibank credit card.
To make payments through this channel, you will have to visit m.citibank.co.in on your mobile phone. Follow the instructions and pay your credit card bill.
This is one of the easiest ways to pay your card dues. All you have to do is log in to the online banking portal with your user ID and IPIN. Then, go to 'Banking' and select 'Pay Credit Card Bill'. This should initiate the payment process.
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill Online With Other Bank Accounts
To make the payment process more convenient, Citibank lets you clear your dues through other bank accounts as well. Check out all the payment channels below.
You will have to add your card as a payee to clear bills using the NEFT facility. Here's how you can get started:
- Log in to your other bank account.
- Select 'NEFT fund transfer'.
- Add your Citibank card as a payee with the below details.
- Payee name - As it's mentioned on your card
- Payee account number - Your credit card number
- Bank name - Citibank N.A
- Payment account type - Choose any account
- IFSC code - CITI0000003
- Branch address - CHENNAI (cardmembers residing in any city can use this branch address to make payments)
- Once you've added your card a payee, you can proceed with the payment.
For payments via RTGS, you will have to provide the below information:
- Transaction amount
- Account number from which the amount will be debited
- Name of beneficiary customer and bank
- Beneficiary account number
- IFSC code of receiving bank
There are two ways you can use E-Pay with other bank accounts,on the Citibank website and via other bank's website.
- Go to Citibank's online banking portal.
- Select 'E-pay'.
- Add your credit card number and the transaction amount.
- Select the bank account the amount has to be debited from.
- Log in to your bank account.
- Authenticate the details.
- Confirm the payment.
It should take two working days for the amount to be credited to your card account.
Via other bank
- Go to your bank's online banking website.
- Add your Citibank card as a biller.
- Follow the instructions to make the payment.
Do note that this option is only available at certain banks, namely HDFC Bank, Yes Bank, ING Vysya Bank, IndusInd Bank, and State Bank of India. The processing time will differ from bank to bank.
You can have funds credited to your account automatically from your bank account with the Automated Clearing House facility.
- Visit the Citibank website.
- Download the ACH mandate form.
- Add the required details.
- Provide a signed form to the bank, authorising fund transfers from your other bank account.
Visa Money Transfer (VMT)
Choose the VMT option when you want to clear your Citibank Visa card bill from another bank account. This is exclusively for Visa credit cards. The processing time differs from bank to bank, but it usually takes two to four working days for the amount to reflect in your Citibank card account.
Card Payment From Other Bank's Website
Log in to the online banking portal of your chosen bank, choose your Citibank card as a biller, and proceed to make the payment.
FAQs on Citibank Credit Card Bill Payment
- How do I know if my bank is listed for the E-Pay service?
- Will I be charged for the E-Pay facility?
- I have paid my credit card bill using the NEFT facility. How long will it take for the funds to reflect in my account?
- What are the charges for NEFT transactions?
- What's the transaction limit for RTGS?
- Are there any charges for RTGS transactions?
You will have to visit Citibank's official website and look for the list of banks that can access the E-Pay service. Currently, 48 major banks in India offer this facility.
No. This service is free of cost.
If you have made the transaction before 5:00 pm, the funds will be credited to your credit card account by the end of day. However, if you have made the transaction after 5:00 pm, the funds will be transferred the next working day. Any fund transfer requests made on non-working days will get transferred on the next working day.
If you have transferred money to your Citi credit card, you will not be charged anything by Citibank. Most banks also offer this facility without levying any fees. However, you should get in touch with your bank and ask them if there are any applicable charges you should be aware of.
RTGS is used for large value transactions. While there is no upper limit for your transaction amount, the minimum you can transfer is Rs.2 lakh.
Yes. For outward transactions of Rs.2 lakh to Rs.5 lakh, you will be charged up to Rs.30 for each transaction. If your transaction amount exceeds Rs.5 lakh, you will be charged up to Rs.55 for each transaction. There are no charges for inward transactions.