PhonePe is one of the fastest growing digital payment platforms in India. PhonePe had earlier announced that PhonePe customers will be able to make payments for Visa credit cards through the app now. They had also announced that the support for all other major card networks will also be added to the PhonePe application. Now you can pay all your credit card bills using the digital payment platform.
Ways of paying credit card bills through PhonePe
You can use any one of the two payment methods which are offered on the PhonePe platform to make payments for your credit card(s) bill. The two methods of payment are:
- Through BHIM UPI
- Through Internet Banking
How to make credit card payments through PhonePe
In order to pay your credit card bills through PhonePe you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the PhonePe application on your mobile device.
- If you are making payment for a credit card that you use regularly, it will be easier for you to add the card to your profile for more convenience. That way, you will not be required to enter your card number every time you want to make a payment.
- In order to add the card, log in to the app and tap on the ‘My Money’ option from the banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Credit Cards’ option next and on the following page, tap on the ‘Add New Card’ option.
- Enter your credit card number, the validity date in mm/yy format, and the CVV of the card.
- You will be redirected to a new web page wherein you will be required to enter the OTP which will be sent to the mobile phone number which is registered with your credit card.
- Once the credit card is verified, it will be automatically saved for a faster payment experience.
- You can add multiple credit cards under ‘My Money’.
- Once your credit card is saved, you can proceed to make your bill payment from the ‘Credit Card’ option under the ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ section of the app.
- Tapping on the ‘Credit Card’ option will show you the list of all your saved credit cards. Tap on the card which you want to pay the bill for.
- Alternatively, if you have not saved your card, you can just tap on one of the options mentioned under the ‘All billers’ list and proceed to the bill payment page by filling in the card number.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and use your preferred mode of payment.
Which credit card payments can be made on PhonePe?
PhonePe supports payments for all the major card networks now. The credit card networks for which you can make bill payments through PhonePe are listed below:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Why should I use PhonePe to make credit card bill payments?
- Convenience: You can conveniently manage and pay the bills of all your credit cards through just one platform.
- Rewards: There are a number of rewards that you can enjoy if you use PhonePe as a platform to make your credit card bill payments. The different types of rewards that you can win on PhonePe are as follows:
- Cashback: You can avail cashback which is added to your PhonePe wallet balance as a non-withdrawable amount.
- Scratch Cards: The scratch cards that are provided on the platform can contain any one of the following as reward -
- Cashback: These scratch cards offer cashback on the transactions that you make. Cashback are non-withdrawable.
- Coupons: These scratch cards reveal a coupon code which can be used while making a future transaction on any one of the apps which are displayed under the ‘Apps’ section of the app.
- Offers: These scratch cards will reveal an offer which can be used for any future transaction, provided it meets all the requirements for you to be eligible for the offer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on credit card bill payment on PhonePe
- Why did PhonePe charge me Rs.2 when I added my credit card?
- Do I have to add my card for making bill payments?
- Are the details of my cards safe with PhonePe?
- I am not getting the OTP for the verification of my card. What can I do in this case?
A: PhonePe charges Rs.2 when you add your card to authenticate the card. This amount is later credited back to your card.
A: It is not compulsory to add your card to PhonePe. You can make bill payments for your credit cards even without saving the cards. However, it is more convenient to add the card details and then make payments as it saves you the hassle of entering the card number, date of expiry, and the CVV every time you have to make a payment.
A: Yes, PhonePe uses a secure encrypted format to save the details of your cards. The format is compliant to PCI-DSS.
A: The 6-digit OTP will be required to authenticate your card and save it on PhonePe. If you are not receiving the OTP, check the following things:
- If you have sufficient network coverage
- The phone number is registered with the card issuer
If the problem continues, you might have to get in touch with your card issuer to solve this problem.
A: If you have some issue with a transaction through PhonePe, you can get in touch with them through the app itself. You will be required to follow the steps mentioned below to report your issue:
- Open the PhonePe app.
- Navigate to the ‘History’ tab from the banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the transaction with which you have an issue.
- In the next page, tap on the ‘Contact PhonePe Support’ option.
- This will open a new chat string with all the probable problems listed there.
- Tap on the one which is applicable in your case.