Internet banking has changed the way the world of finance functions. From accessing one's account at any time of the day to keeping a track of the transactions being made, individuals can do this and more by just sitting at the comfort of their homes. Through net banking, they can also pay their utility bills. Hence, registering their credit card to internet banking can also prove to be immensely useful. Let's take a detailed look at the benefits and processes involved in registering Axis Bank credit card for net banking.
Benefits Of Registering Axis Bank Credit Card For Net Banking
With the introduction of net banking, keeping a track of the various financial products and services that one uses has become easier.
Listed below are some of the benefits that cardholders can get on registering their Axis credit cards for net banking:
- Individuals can get access to different kinds of services: Once the cardholder registers their card for net banking, they can access important information and service related to their card through the portal. From reporting a stolen or damaged card to blocking it, from generating PIN to linking it to easy bill payment, all these services can be availed using net banking. Through internet banking, cardholders can also check and redeem their reward points.
- No compromise on the safety and security of card: Axis Bank provides high-quality safety and security measures to keep the customer's information safe. So, by registering their credit card for net banking they can use the secured methods of banking to make payments towards the credit card any time they want to.
- Availability of service 24x7: From accessing credit card statement that is more than 90 days old to converting the outstanding balance on the card into EMIs, cardholders can use the 24x7 service to fulfil all such requests at any time of the day. They need not have to stand in the queue to get their credit card-related queries resolved as they can do that by just sitting at home.
How To Register Axis Bank Credit Card For Net Banking?
Cardholders can register their Axis Bank credit card to net banking using online as well as offline methods.
Let's take a look at both these methods one by one:
Existing Axis Bank customers with a net banking account:
Axis Bank customers who already have a net banking account can follow the steps listed below to register their credit card with the portal:
- Cardholder needs to visit www.retail.axisbank.co.in and type in their login ID and password.
- Next, they would need to click on the tab that reads “Accounts” and scroll down to select “My Credit Cards”.
- They will need to select the tab that says, ‘Click here to link your credit card account to your Internet Banking ID’ option.
- The cardholder will then have to fill in details such as the credit card number, card expiry date, mobile number, email address as well as their Axis Bank savings account number.
- Once all the details are filled, they will need to check the terms and conditions box and click on ‘Submit’.
- Following this, a confirmation page will appear. An OTP (one time password) will be sent to the registered mobile number associated with their credit card and bank’s savings account.
- Once they receive the OTP, they will have use it to authorise the process.
- A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen, acknowledging their application request.
For Axis Bank customers without a net banking account:
Axis Bank customers who do not have a net banking account will first have to register for one and then link their credit card to it. They can register for the service of internet banking online or by visiting their nearest Axis Bank branch.
Cardholders can register their Axis Bank credit card offline for net banking by following the steps listed below:
- Cardholders can dial 1-800-209-5577 and talk to a bank’s representative to register their card for internet banking.
- Alternatively, they can visit their nearest Axis Bank branch and fill a form to include net banking on their credit card.
What Kind Of Credit Card-related Requests Can Be Raised Through Axis Bank Net Banking?
Once the cardholder registers their Axis Bank credit card for internet banking, they can avail a plethora of online services.
Listed below are some of those services:
- Credit card statement-related request: Using the net banking facility, cardholders can raise requests to access their history of transactions, activate or deactivate the reception of physical statements, among others. They can also download soft copies of the statement any time of the day.
- Redemption of reward points: Cardholders can use the net banking facility to check and redeem their reward points.
- Conversion of outstanding balance of their credit card into EMIs: Cardholders can convert the outstanding amount on their credit card in to EMIs. All they have to do is log into their net banking account, click on “Accounts.” Next, they will need to click on “My Credit Cards.” Once they are directed to the list of Axis Bank credit cards linked to their account, they can select the card and click on the tab that reads “Convert to EMI.” They can select the breakup of the tenure from a list of options and avail this service.
- Deactivate or activate auto debit on their card: Cardholders can choose to activate or deactivate auto debit of payments on their Axis Bank credit card that is registered for net banking.
- Checking payment due date: Cardholders can check the payment due date of their Axis Bank credit card by logging into their internet banking portal once they have successfully registered their card for the service.
- Checking the amount of available credit: Cardholders can log into their net banking portal and check the amount of credit available on their registered credit card.
- Application for add-on or supplementary card: Cardholders can raise a request through the internet banking portal of Axis Bank to procure an add-on or supplementary credit card.
Faqs About Axis Bank Credit Card Net Banking
- What are the tenure options available under the conversion of outstanding balance into EMI facility?
You can convert your outstanding balance into tenures of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
- Is it possible to apply for credit limit enhancement using net banking?
Yes, you can use the internet banking portal to increase the credit limit on your registered Axis Bank credit card.
- Does Axis Bank net banking provide an option to transfer balance from other credit cards to the registered card?
Yes, you can transfer balance from other credit cards to the registered Axis Bank credit card using the net banking portal but for that you will have to meet a fulfil a few eligibility criteria.
- Is there a limit to the number of cards I can register with my net banking portal?
One can register five Axis Bank credit cards for the same net banking account.
- Is it possible to use net banking to block my credit card?
Yes, you can use the net banking facility to block your card in case you lose it, end up damaging it or if any information about it is compromised.