Axis Bank offers gold schemes that help customers invest in gold as well as take loans against gold. Customers can directly buy Gold and Silver Mohurs over the counter at any Axis Bank branch. The investment is safe and steady, and quality of the metal is assured. Axis Bank also allows customers to pledge their gold ornaments and avail of loans that have attractive benefits. The bank allows part payments and foreclosure at no extra charge. Axis Bank currently offers two schemes for purchasing gold and silver mohurs, and one loan against gold scheme.
Gold has proved to be a good investment that never fades away, but only grows with time. Gold has been a coveted metal through history for its glamour, its beauty, its malleability and its long-lasting characteristics. Gold has also been auspicious and used in abundance during major festivals and special occasions. Investment in gold does not require monitoring and maintenance, and is ideal for those who need a simple investment.
- Gold Mohurs is brought to you by Axis Bank and can be bought over the counter at any of the 1,400 bank branches.
- Gold Mohurs from Axis Bank is gold in its purest form which is made in Switzerland.
- The Gold Mohurs are 24 karat and 99.99% pure with the Assay certification.
- The purity is preserved with specialized tamper-proof packaging.
- Gold Mohurs are available in denominations of 2 grams, 5 grams, 8 grams, 10 grams, 20 grams, 50 grams and 100 grams.
- The 5 gram Mohurs have the image of Goddess Laxmi embossed on it.
- Investing in Gold Mohurs is a one-time payment that grows in value over a lifetime.
- There is no maintenance cost associated with this investment.
- The risk of losing your investment is very low.
- The investment does not require any monitoring and restructure.
- The Gold Mohurs are highly liquid and can be traded off quickly in times of need.
- To purchase Gold Mohurs valued at Rs.50,000 or more, the buyer must furnish PAN card details.
- To purchase Gold Mohurs, applicants must be existing Axis Bank customers. They can fill out an application form, and the purchase will be completed by debiting the customer’s bank account.
- The Gold Mohur price is not fixed. It is determined by the daily market rates of gold.
- Axis Bank cannot buy back the Gold Mohur. The RBI does not permit banks to buy back gold bars and gold coins.
Silver has been used as a token of good luck on important occasions. Silver is considered an auspicious metal marking success and prosperity on occasions such as a new job, a promotion, weddings and anniversaries, purchasing a house or a car, the birth of a child, birthdays, graduations, Valentine’s day and more.
- The Silver Mohurs offered by Axis Bank are imported from Switzerland.
- The silver is 99.99% pure and 24 karat with Assay certification.
- The Silver Mohurs come in specialized packaging that is tamper proof.
- The Mohurs have a design of a Banyan tree on them.
- Silver is not seen as much of an investment but rather a token of good luck.
- Silver makes a wonderful gift that anyone would be delighted to receive on a special occasion.
- The Silver Mohurs can be easily purchased from any Axis Bank branch by way of debiting the price from the existing Axis Bank account.
- To purchase Silver Mohurs valued at Rs.50,000 or more, the buyer must furnish PAN card details.
- To purchase Silver Mohurs, applicants must be existing Axis Bank customers. They can fill out an application form, and the purchase will be completed by debiting the customer’s bank account.
- The price of Silver Mohurs are not fixed. It is determined by the daily international market rates of silver.
- Axis Bank cannot buy back the Silver Mohur. The RBI does not permit banks to buy back silver or gold.
Axis Bank Loan Against Gold
Axis Bank offers loans against gold ornaments with attractive features and benefits. Earn loyalty points as the loan is sanctioned. Customers can apply online, at a loan center or by calling the Axis Bank toll free numbers.
- Customers can borrow between Rs.25,001 to Rs.20 lakhs.
- The tenure offered ranges between 6 months and 36 months.
- The loan is disbursed on the same day if the application is complete along with all the required documents and ornaments.
- Axis Bank guarantees the safety of the gold ornaments at the bank’s vault.
- The loan does not require a co-applicant.
- Part payment is allowed with a minimum of Rs.10,000 upto a maximum of 3 payments. There are no charges associated with part payment.
- The loan can be foreclosed at no extra charges if all dues are cleared.
- Customers will earn 150 eDGE Loyalty points on the disbursement of the loan.
- The interest is calculated on the basis of simple interest.
- Pay back the loan in EMIs.
- Axis bank offers two alternative methods of repayment which are:
- Pay the interest upfront and the principal on the maturity date
- Pay the interest in instalments every month and the principal on the maturity date.
Interest Rates and Charges
|Interest rate||14.50% to 17.00% p.a.|
|Part Payment charges||Nil|
|Penalty interest||2% on overdue amount per month|
You need to submit the following documents to process the loan:
- Application Form duly signed
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Proof of ID
- Proof of Age
- Proof of address
- Signature proof
- Pan card or Form 60
- Post Disbursement Documents if needed
- Axis Bank does not provide loans against gold coins.
- Loan amounts are arrived at based upon the customer’s requirement, the valuation of the gold offered as security and the customer’s repayment capacity.
- The processing fees are non-refundable.
- If you a miss a payment, the bank will proactively remind you to ensure there are adequate funds in your account.
- Missing a payment will attract late payment charges and penal interest.
For existing Axis Bank customers, buying Gold and Silver Mohurs is a safe bet as quality, purity and weightage is guaranteed. Axis Bank customers can make the purchase or avail of a loan against gold easily at over 1,400 Axis bank branches.
Also Know About the other Gold Schemes by Banks
|Andhra Bank Gold Schemes||HDFC Gold Schemes||ICICI Gold Schemes|
|IDBI Bank Gold Schemes||Indian Bank Gold Schemes||PNB Gold Schemes|
|SBI Gold Schemes|