*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price in Pondicherry
People in Pondicherry (Puducherry) prefer buying gold for major occasions. It also serves as a type of investment. Gold rates are constantly changing in Pondicherry, one can avail the updated gold rate directly from the dealers in Pondicherry or through the various financial websites. Gold can be used as an asset to get loans from the banks as well.
Gold as an Investment:
Gold can be bought in the form of jewelry, gold coins, gold bars and invested with the banks.
Jewelry - Indians purchase gold during major occasions such as wedding, festivals etc. But the gold rate will reduce in value when you resell the ornament. The ornaments have heavy making charge and hence when you wish to resell the ornament, the jeweler will deduct the making charges.
Gold Coins - This is the common form of owning gold. The rates are based on its weight and on its supply and demand. The gold coins will be available in various weight options. You can sell the gold coin back to the jeweler. The banks also sell gold coins, but they will not buy it back from you.
Gold bars - They are the most traditional way of investing in gold. This can be traded in the international markets as well.
Invest in Gold Funds - Gold can be invested with the SBI Gold Fund as an open ended fund. The investment is in units of SBI Gold Exchange Traded Schemes. You can benefit from exposure to the gold asset class without having a demat account.
You can also buy mutual funds that owns gold which makes the buying and selling quite easy.
Trend of Gold Rate in Pondicherry for November 2017 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold rate on 1st November 2017||Rs.2,988 per gram|
|Gold rate on 30th November 2017||Rs.2,992 per gram|
|Highest Rate in November||Rs.3,030 per gram on 18 and 19 November|
|Lowest Rate in November||Rs.2,974 per gram on 6 November|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
November 2017 - Week 1 (1st to 5th)
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,988 per gram on the first week of November in Pondicherry.
- As the week progressed gold price Pondicherry dipped gradually as the local demand for the yellow metal among jewellers, retailers and buyers declined.
- Amid the strong US dollar index and firm equity market, gold rate in Pondicherry kept edging down and touched Rs.2,979 on 3rd of November.
- The poor global trends as well as diminished demand from the buyers kept the metal’s prices on the lower side and under the control of the buyers.
- Due to the weak trend overseas, the precious metal lost its lustre and was traded at Rs.2,977 per gram for continuously two days.
November 2017 - Week 2 (6th to 12th)
- The second week commenced on the same note as that of the last week due to the poor demand from the industry, with metal traded at Rs.2,974 per gram, recording the month’s lowest.
- As the dollar gained stability against all the other major emerging currencies, gold price in Pondicherry jumped up by Rs.21 per gram. Firm equity market also increased the gold’s price abruptly.
- On 8th November 2017, the metal’s price was Rs.3,002 per gram. The steady rise in the price was owing to the positive trend overseas that influenced the local buyers positively.
- As the week progressed, prices went more up for most of the week due to the poorly performing dollar and weaker equities.
- On 9th November, the gold was priced Rs.3,008 per gram only to surge up to Rs.3,015 per gram, which continued on to the next day amid steady global demand for the metal.
- Rising uncertainties on the possibilities that the US Federal Reserve may raise its benchmark interest rates in December pushed up the metal’s price, closing the week at Rs.3,015 per gram.
- The unpredictable instability in the US market coupled with ascending demand from the Asian continents led gold rates inch up throughout the week.
November 2017 - Week 3 (13th to 19th)
- The week started with the metal trading relatively lower at Rs.3,014 per gram due to a drop in domestic demand, and later touched Rs.3,007 per gram on 14th of November.
- The rising geopolitical tension pulled the investors interest onto commodity market increasing the appeal of the gold as a safe-haven asset.
- As the global demand surged, gold rate in Pondicherry unexpectedly stepped up and touched Rs.3,018 per gram
- Amid the weak global trend, gold was traded at a steady rate due to the strong US treasury.
- On 13th November gold price in Pondicherry plunged down to Rs.3,004 per gram only to rise up by Rs.27 per gram to reach Rs.3,031 per gram. The ongoing conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran again rebounded the gold’s rate.
- As the week ended, gold’s traded steadily at Rs.3,031 per gram due to the continued political tension in Middle East. This was the highest across the entire month.
November 2017 - Week 4 (20th to 26th)
- The dollar as well as the equity market regained its lost stability exponentially resulting in gold price in Pondicherry to plummet and trade at stable rate as the week began.
- While on the beginning of the week gold was priced Rs.3,025 per gram, but dropped down to Rs.3,004 per gram on the second day of the week.
- The downfall in gold’s demand due to the high bullion’s price in the last week stabilised as the fourth week progressed.
- Gold rate in Pondicherry went up slightly due to the rising demand for gold among the buyers, retailers and jewellers.
- In spite of the strong global trend, the bullion’s price plummeted to Rs.3,012 per gram on 24th November.
- Over the week, gold rate fluctuated dramatically due to the continued uncertainty in the commodity market and resulted gold to be traded at Rs.3,014 per gram on the last two days of the week.
November 2017 - Week 5 (27th to 30th)
- As the month was about to end, the demand for the metal declined as US President Trump decided to impose a new Tax reform policy.
- The looming tension among the investors resulted the gold price in Pondicherry to slip to Rs.3,011 per gram on 27th November.
- Further, the delay in the Tax reform policy plunged the yellow metal’s price to Rs.3,008 per gram and was traded steadily the following day.
- As the month was about to end, the strong dollar index coupled with firm equity market declined the gold rate in Pondicherry as low as Rs. 2,992 per gram. Overall there has been an incline in the gold rate in Pondicherry in the month of November.
Trend of Gold Rate in Pondicherry for October 2017 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold Rate on 1st October 2017||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 31st October 2017||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Highest Rate in October||Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 and 15 October|
|Lowest Rate in October||Rs.2,997 per gram on 6, 27, 30, and 31 October|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
October 2017-Week 1 (1st to 8th)
- Gold opened at Rs.3,040 per gram in Pondicherry, and dropped drastically over a period of 4-5 days.
- The subdued demand from the retailers and stockiest for the fifth consecutive session declined the metal’s price by Rs.43 per gram, with gold priced the month’s lowest on 6 October.
- As the dollar gained stability, the gold rates in Pondicherry dropped prompting buyers to buy more gold. Moreover, the finance minister’s move on sovereign gold bond scheme further dropped the gold’s price.
- The fall in the gold rate in Pondicherry, was also due to the falling demand of gold owing to the factors like strengthening of dollar rat and strong equity markets.
- At the end of the first week gold was priced Rs.3,017 per gram.
October 2017-Week 2 (9th to 15th)
- The price was on the rise as the local demand prior to the Diwali session was high, with gold traded at Rs.3,027 per gram on the first day of week 2.
- There was fluctuation in the price as the week progressed, with the government’s decision to relax the KYC norms just before the upcoming dhanteras sale.
- The rising geopolitical tension landed the gold to be traded at Rs.3,041 per gram on 12 October and further declined the metal’s rate to Rs.3,031 per gram.
- Gold prices in Pondicherry rose by Rs.28 per gram and for the last two days of the week the price remained stable, with gold sold at Rs.3,059 per gram.
October 2017-Week 3 (16th to 22nd)
- The week commenced with the precious metal traded at Rs.3,048 per gram. However, there has been drop in the price as the demand for the metal was less during this festive season with buyer’s changing investment to property and automobiles.
- For three consecutive days there has been steep fall in the gold’s price and halted at Rs.3,021 per gram on 19 October.
- Amid the festive season, the steep fall in price was due to the US dollar gaining the momentum.
- On 20 October, the bullion’s price rose to Rs.3,026 per gram, as the nuclear prowess of North Korea put US economy in volatility.
- The rates spiked slightly on 22 October to Rs.3,027 per gram due to the growing uncertainty in the bullion market.
October 2017-Week 4 & Week 5 (23rd to 31st)
- The last week show a drastic fall in the gold’s rate and in fact three days of the week including 27, 30 and 31 October had the report of gold traded at lowest rate. The rate at which bullion was traded was Rs.2,997 per gram.
- The aftermaths of Hurricane IRMA and Harvey inched the gold rate to Rs.3,006 per gram on 28 October and helped the gold rate to be steady on 29 October.
- With the month nearing to an end, the gold rates dropped again and was priced Rs.2,997 per gram, as the US dollar gained stability.
Trend of Gold Rate in Pondicherry for September 2017 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold rate on 1st September 2017||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Gold rate on 30th September 017||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest Rate in September||Rs.3,102 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest Rate in September||Rs.2,832 per gram on 29 September|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
September 2017 - Week 1 (1st-10th)
- Gold rates in Pondicherry opened on a flat note as a result of subdued demand from investors and retailers.
- The yellow metal traded at Rs.2,995 per gram on the 1st.
- Gold price in Pondicherry rose marginally to Rs.2,997 per gram on the 2nd. Steady demand resulted in prices remaining the same the next day.
- Global markets failed as overseas relations with North Korea worsened. This led to gold trading at Rs.3,081 per gram on the 4th.
- However, the sudden spike in prices could not sustain and prices dropped to Rs.3,068 per gram on the 5th.
- The 6th witnessed gold rates surge to Rs.3,087 per gram as North Korea announced its most powerful nuclear test.
- However, prices dropped to Rs.3,079 per gram on the 7th as purchases lessened.
- On the 8th, gold rates surged to Rs.3,102 per gram - the highest recorded price for the month of September - as safe haven investments saw a rise.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,095 for the remainder of the week with steady demand.
September 2017 - Week 2 (11th-17th)
- The second week witnessed gold price in Pondicherry rise when the week began, but poor global cues led to a fall in trade as.
- The precious metal was trading at Rs.3,074 per gram on the 11th after the US dollar regained its value.
- Gold rate in Pondicherry slid to Rs.3,055 per gram on the 12th as domestic investors and retail jewellers reduced purchases.
- With Hurricane Irma having taken its toll on the US economy, the US dollar value collapsed. This led to an incline in demand for the precious metal and rates rose to Rs.3,068 per gram on the 13th.
- Prices dropped to Rs.3,051 per gram on the 14th due to poor global demand for the metal.
- However, prices reached Rs.3,061 per gram on the 15th as local demand boosted gold sales in the city.
- Prices remained unchanged at Rs.3,061 per gram for the rest of the week with stable domestic demand for the yellow metal.
September 2017 - Week 3 (18th-24th)
- Gold was priced low at Rs.3,035 per gram on the 18th, when the week began.
- Gold price in Pondicherry dropped to Rs.3,030 per gram the next day in the wake of the US Federal Reserve meeting.
- Local demand for the metal increased with the festive season coming up. This led to gold trading at Rs.3,045 per gram on the 20th.
- Gold rate in Pondicherry dropped to Rs.3,026 per gram on the 21st as demand declined against the strong US dollar.
- However, rising tensions between the US and North Korea encouraged safe-haven investments and gold prices rose to Rs.3,030 per gram on the 22nd.
- With steady demand for the metal on the next two days, prices remained untouched at Rs.3,030 per gram.
September 2017 - Week 4 (25th-30th)
- The last week in Pondicherry started with gold trading at Rs.3,030 per gram on the 25th.
- Rise in local demand coupled with the US dollar failing resulted in prices rising to Rs.3,072 per gram on the 26th.
- The dollar, however, gold price in Pondicherry rose the next day and prices dropped to Rs.3,051 per gram on the 27th.
- The recovery of the US economy resulted in subdued festive demand and gold rate in Pondicherry went down to Rs.3,030 per gram on the 28th.
- Gold trade was affected hugely after positive festive purchases in the previous days came to a halt. This led to gold trading at Rs.3,028 per gram on the 29th.
- However, demand for the precious metal increased significantly and gold was priced at Rs.3,040 per gram on the last day.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|August 1 Rate||Rs.2,926 per gram|
|August 31 Rate||Rs.2,971 per gram|
|Highest Rate in August||Rs.2,999 per gram on 29 August|
|Lowest Rate in August||Rs.2,899 per gram on 3 August|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
August ‘17- Week 1 (1st to 6th)
- Gold prices in Pondicherry fluctuated due to conflicting cues from markets, as the yellow metal opened the week at Rs.2,926 per gram on 1 August.
- Gold rate in Pondicherry fell to Rs.2,917 per gram on 2 August as demand continued to be weak following the imposition of GST, which led to a reduction in local demand.
- Industrial demand from overseas was also muted, as the precious metal dropped to Rs.2,899 per gram on 3 August.
- A drop in the U.S. dollar rate as a consequence of renewed tensions with North Korea led to increased demand for the safe-haven asset, which rose to Rs.2,920 per gram on 4 August.
- The rise in price was momentary though. as gold plunged to Rs.2,900 per gram as the week ended on 6 August due to a drop in demand.
August ‘17- Week 2 (7th to 13th)
- Gold prices in Pondicherry were on the increase in the second week of August, with gold trading at Rs.2,901 per gram on 7 August as demand continued to be sluggish.
- An increase in orders from Asia bolstered the flagging metal in the face of volatile markets, as gold rose to Rs.2,906 per gram on 8 August.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,917 per gram on 9 August as the U.S. markets reeled from the effects of geopolitical tensions and investors looked to gold to stabilise investments.
- Demand for gold surged towards the middle of the week, with gold rate in Pondicherry jumping to Rs.2,947 per gram on 10 August following the release of poor U.S. jobs data.
- Prices continued to rise as gold traded at Rs.2,977 per gram from 11-3 August, ending the week on a high.
August ‘17- Week 3 (14th to 20th)
- Prices stabilised in the third week amidst a recovery by the markets and the U.S. dollar, as gold opened the week at Rs.2,962 per gram on 14 August.
- Gold price in Pondicherry dipped to Rs.2,940 per gram on 16 August as local demand was on the decline, mimicking trends seen across the world.
- Global demand for gold was weak as the dollar rose against a basket of global currencies and the stock markets also stabilised.
- Gold rate in Pondicherry jumped to Rs.2,969 per gram on 17 August with markets crashing as the U.S. President attempted to sway the Senate to repeal Obamacare without a replacement in place.
- Ballistic missile tests by North Korea and increasingly belligerent rhetoric also led panicked investors to run to gold.
- Gold price in Pondicherry fell briefly to Rs.2,942 per gram on 18 August before rising to Rs.2,951 per gram on 19 & 20 August.
August ‘17- Week 4 (21st to 27th)
- Gold rate in Pondicherry were on the rise in the fourth week of August as local demand rose, helping prop up gold prices.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,950 per gram on 21 August and jumped to Rs.2,965 per gram on 22 August as industrial demand surged following a drop in the dollar rate.
- Local jewellers slowly increased orders in light of positive trends and lower import rates which kept prices steady.
- Global demand was volatile due to a reduction in demand from industrial units leading to prices falling to Rs.2,963 per gram on 23 August.
- Gold price in Pondicherry recovered and remained high for the remainder of the week, as gold traded at Rs.2,965 per gram on 24 August.
- Demand was steady and prices reflected the same as geopolitical tensions in the U.S. as well as the Fed Reserve meeting led to shaky markets.
- The week ended with gold priced at Rs.2,967 per gram on 27 August.
August ‘17- Week 5 (28th to 31st)
- Gold pricei Pondicherry continued to trade at a steady rate due to positive market cues as well as stable demand.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,942 per gram on 28 August after a momentary slump in demand over the weekend led to a fall in price.
- Gold surged to a monthly high of Rs.2,999 per gram on 29 August as the testing of another missile led ot markets crashing globally and increasing demand for safe-haven assets.
- Demand stabilised for the rest of the week, with gold priced at Rs.2,973 per gram on 30 August.
- The gold price in Pondicherry fell marginally as the month ended, with gold priced at Rs.2,971 per gram on 31 August and recording a 1.53% increase in price over the month.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|July 1st Rate||Rs.2,950 per gram|
|July 31st Rate||Rs.2,925 per gram|
|Highest Rate in July||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July|
|Lowest Rate in July||Rs.2,796 per gram on 11 July|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
July 2017 - Week 1 (1st to 9th)
- Gold started trading at Rs.2,950 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of July - a relative high - as the market was still reeling under the arrival of GST.
- Rates fell on the 3rd to Rs.2,935 per gram as the impact of 3% GST on gold and precious metals began to take effect.
- Gold price in Pondicherry fell this week despite the US dollar reaching near nine-month low figures over concerns with the Trump administration.
- By the 4th, gold rate in Pondicherry had reached Rs.2,914 per gram and kept falling as domestic investors didn’t seem to want anything to do with gold.
- When the week came to an end on the 9th, the metal’s prices consolidated to trade at Rs.2,875 per gram as the dollar seemed to be on growing steadily.
July 2017 - Week 2 (10th - 16th)
- The gold price in Pondicherry drop from the previous week trickled down to this week as well, which was evident with the starting price of Rs.2,831 per gram.
- On the 11th, gold rates reached a monthly low number of Rs.2,796 per gram as stronger US job data led to the Fed Reserve maintaining its position on monetary policy tightening.
- However, gold price in Pondicherry surged to Rs.2,813 per gram on the 12th as dollar tanked after reports claiming Donald Trump’s collusion with Russia hit the stands.
- Rates fell briefly due to cautious buying as gold was trading at Rs.2,803 per gram on the 14th.
- As the US economic data pointed to a rather slow growth, gold rates increased to Rs.2,818 per gram on the 16th of the month.
July 2017 - Week 3 (17th - 13th)
- When the third week of July began in Pondicherry, gold was selling at Rs.2,822 per gram.
- With demand on the incline, courtesy of a weak dollar, gold prices went up to Rs.2,832 per gram on the 18th and then to Rs.2,845 per gram on the 19th.
- A sustained buying frenzy from investors saw gold rates hit Rs.2,869 per gram on the 20th of the month.
- Gold price in Pondicherry went up consistently over the next few days - reaching Rs.2,897 per gram on the 21st and then to Rs.2,917 per gram the next day - as investors made the best of the volatility.
- The week ended with gold still trading at Rs.2,917 per gram as demand stabilised.
July 2017 - Week 4 (24th - 30th)
- Gold rate in Pondicherry fluctuated consistently as demand seemed to be on a low this week.
- On the 24th, gold was priced at Rs.2,918 per gram but due to unsustainable buying trends seen the previous week, rates fell to Rs.2,897 per gram on the 26th.
- Prices increased to Rs.2,920 per gram as certain investors decided to take advantage of a conflict between the US and North Korea which led the markets astray.
- Rates fluctuated for the next four days before ending the month at Rs.2,925 per gram as demand consolidated.
- Price trends declined by 0.84% in Pondicherry as a result of weak domestic demand.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|June 1 Rate||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|June 30 Rate||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest Rate in June||Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest Rate in June||Rs.2,949 per gram on 19 & 21 June|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
June ‘17- Week 1 (1 to 4)
- Gold prices in Pondicherry saw minor fluctuations in the first week of June, though prices increased during the course of the week.
- The week opened with gold trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on 1 June before a drop in demand led to gold trading at Rs.2,965 per gram on 2 June.
- Industrial demand rose due to a drop in U.S. dollar rates, resulting in an increase in demand for the precious metal.
- Gold ended the week trading at Rs.2,998 per gram on 3 & 4 June.
June ‘17- Week 2 (5 to 11)
- Prices rose in the second week as demand was stable but fell towards the end of the week due to a combination of factors.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,006 per gram on 5 June as dollar rates continued to be low due to internal tensions in the United States as well as weak markets.
- Continued steady demand from overseas led to gold prices rising to Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June, the highest rate for the month.
- As stock markets began to recover from their initial losses, demand for gold also began to slide, as the metal traded at Rs.2,987 per gram on 9 June.
- Prices fell further as the week ended, with gold trading at Rs,2,981 per gram on 11 June due to declining interest from overseas industry.
June ‘17- Week 3 (12 to 18)
- The third week saw the price of gold continue to slide, with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,983 per gram on 12 June.
- Fluctuations in the price due to demand vagaries led to the gold rate falling to Rs.2,973 per gram on 14 June.
- A decline in local demand due to overseas trends led to prices continuing to drop, as gold traded at Rs.2,954 per gram on 16 June.
- As markets across the world rallied on strong economic projections, gold prices faltered towards the end of the week, trading at Rs.2,955 per gram on 18 June.
June ‘17- Week 4 (19 to 25)
- Prices were low as the week began, with gold trading at Rs.2,949 per gram on 19 June due to poor demand from overseas as well as weak demand from domestic jewellers.
- Gold recorded its lowest price for the month on 20 June, trading at Rs.2,942 per gram due to consistently poor demand.
- A sudden dip in the U.S. dollar rate led to prices recovering marginally as gold prices rose to Rs.2,958 per gram on 22 June.
- The rise in price continued for the rest of the week as retail demand also increased.
- Gold ended the week trading at Rs.2,964 per gram on 25 June as local demand helped boost flagging demand.
June ‘17- Week 5 (26 to 30)
- The last week of June saw the price of gold fluctuate, though it opened at a stable Rs.2,977 per gram on 26 June.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,957 per gram on 27 June due to a drop in demand from Asian industrial units, though local demand kept prices from falling too steeply.
- Higher retail demand led to prices recovering as gold traded at Rs.2,970 per gram on 28 June.
- Minor fluctuations in overseas demand led to prices falling as the month ended, resulting in gold trading at Rs.2,962 per gram on 30 June.
- The dip in price towards the end of the month led to gold losing 0.50% of its value over the course of the month.
|May 1st Rate||Rs.2,984 per gram|
|May 31st Rate||Rs.2,968 per gram|
|Highest Rate in May||Rs.2,984 per gram on 1st May|
|Lowest Rate in May||Rs.2,888 per gram from 15th May|
May 2017 - Week 1 (1st - 7th):
- The month of May had plenty of headline events that had an impact on how gold trading went.
- On the 1st of May, gold was priced at Rs.2,984 per gram - but fell by Rs.32 on the 2nd to reach Rs.2,952 per gram.
- Gold rate recorded on the first was the highest for the month as demand kept going down as days progressed.
- Prices went down on the 3rd - this time by Rs.5 - to hit Rs.2,947 per gram as the domestic demand didn’t seem to change.
- When trading began on the 4th, gold prices had further fallen by Rs.25 per gram for the metal to trade at Rs.2,922 per gram.
- The 5th, again saw gold prices drop, making the fall a thoroughly full-week event. Prices went from Rs.2,922 per gram to Rs.2,908 per gram.
- On the 6th, gold prices took a hit again to go down to Rs.2,899 per gram and remained there till the end of the week on the 7th.
May 2017 - Week 2 (8th - 14th):
- When the second week began on the 8th, gold prices had gone down to Rs.2,896 per gram as there was barely any traction during midnight trading.
- However, prices went up on the 9th, as French elections were on its way with Marine Le Pen expected to cause a possible upset.
- On the 9th, gold was priced at Rs.2,904 per gram but dropped again on the 10th to reach Rs.2,897 per gram.
- The 11th saw prices drop again to Rs.2,889 per gram but increase slightly to Rs.2,892 per gram on the 12th.
- Over the last two days of the week, gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,891 per gram.
May 2017 - Week 3 (15th - 21st):
- On 15th, gold recorded its lowest price for the month at Rs.2,888 per gram as there was no demand for bullion.
- However, prices increased over the next couple days as US dollar value took a hit.
- On 16th, gold was trading at Rs.2,894 per gram, which then went up to Rs.2,910 per gram on the 17th.
- The 18th saw prices increase again as it went up by Rs.48 to reach Rs.2,958 per gram on the 19th.
- The price increase over the previous few days were brought to a halt as it went down to Rs.2,954 per gram on the 20th and remained there till the end of the week.
May 2017 - Week 4 (22nd - 28th):
- The fourth week saw prices increase and decrease on a daily basis.
- On the 22nd, gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,956 per gram, which then increased to Rs.2,971 per gram the next day.
- However, the sudden spike seemed like an anomaly as prices went down to Rs.2,956 per gram on the 24th.
- Though, prices didn’t change on the 25th, they went up to Rs.2,969 per gram on the 26th.
- The last two days of May recorded gold prices at Rs.2,979 per gram as there was a surge in demand.
May 2017 - Week 5 (29th - 31st):
- During this week, the US Labour Department released the data about the job scenario in the country, which suggested that things were only getting worse.
- On the 29th, gold prices were holding at Rs.2,977 per gram.
- The 30th saw gold prices increase marginally by Rs.2 to trade at Rs.2,979 per gram as the local market couldn’t capitalise on the low gold rate globally.
- Prices dropped to Rs.2,968 per gram on the last day of May as investors seemed to pull out as they couldn’t gain much with their trades.
- Gold prices in Pondicherry went down by 0.46% for the month of May.
|April 1st Rate||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|April 30th Rate||Rs.2,984 per gram|
|Highest Rate in April||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15th & 16th April|
|Lowest Rate in April||Rs.2,954 per gram from 8th-10th April|
April ’17- Week 1 (1st to 9th)
- Gold prices in Pondicherry fluctuated in the first week of April due to conflicting cues from the market.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,956 per gram on 1st April, with the price rising to Rs.2,987 per gram on 4th April due to a dip in the U.S. markets on account of geo-political factors.
- Prices dropped marginally as the week progressed, though prices continued to trade high, with gold priced at Rs.2,973 per gram on 6th April.
- Local demand began to drop, in contrast to global trends, which led to prices falling in spite of positive cues.
- Gold prices fell steeply as the week ended, trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on 9th April amidst a weakening of local demand.
April ’17- Week 2 (10th to 16th)
- The price of gold rose sharply as markets plunged on less than favourable conditions, which was compounded by a fall in the U.S. Dollar.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,954 per gram on 10th April but prices soon rose as the metal traded at Rs.3,001 per gram on 12th April on the back of heavy demand from overseas.
- The U.S. Dollar traded lower against the basket of global currencies which led to an increase in demand for gold from overseas markets, pushing up the price to Rs.3,028 per gram on 14th April.
- Domestic demand also rose as industrial demand was steady, resulting in gold ending the week trading at a monthly high of Rs.3,040 per gram on 16th April.
April ’17 - Week 3 (17th to 23rd)
- The third week of April saw the price of gold drop as industrial demand reduced, precipitated by a slow recovery of the markets.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,033 per gram on 17th April as domestic demand continued to keep prices steady.
- Prices fell towards the middle of the week due to a strengthening of the U.S. Dollar, which led to markets beginning to stabilise.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,018 per gram on 20th April before ending the week at Rs.3,035 per gram as overseas demand grew sluggish.
April ’17 – Week 4 (24th to 30th)
- The last week of April saw prices fall sharply due to declining demand for gold amidst a market revival.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,998 per gram on 14th April as investors pulled out of gold in favour of investing in an improving market.
- Prices continued to dip, with gold trading at Rs.2,962 per gram on 27th April as European markets reacted positively to the possibility of a Euro-centric candidate winning in the French presidential election.
- Lower than expected sales during Akshaya Tritiya also led to demand for gold dropping, as the month ended with gold priced at Rs.2,984 per gram on 30th April, recording a monthly rise in price of 0.94%.
|March 1st Rate||Rs.2,994 per gram|
|March 31st Rate||Rs.2,942 per gram|
|Highest Rate in March||Rs.2,994 per gram on 1st March|
|Lowest Rate in March||Rs.2,906 per gram on 15th of March|
March ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 5th)
- Rate of gold in Pondicherry was relatively low as compared to the rates noted in other cities of India. Gold opened at Rs.2,994 per gram on the first of March before decreasing by Rs.2 the next day.
- Rate of gold noted on the first day of the month was also the highest rate at which gold traded for March in Pondicherry.
- Rate of gold reduced on Rs.2,961 per gram on the 3rd of March due to low demand for this precious metal from jewellers.
- As the week continued, the rate of gold continued to fluctuate and traded at Rs.2,972 per gram on the last two days of the week.
March ‘17 - Week 2 (6th to 12th)
- Rate of gold on the first day of the second week of March was lower than that of the previous week.
- Due to a rise in the rate of the U.S. Dollar, rate of gold plunged to a weekly low of Rs.2,944 per gram on the 7th of March and continued to fall the next day as well to trade at Rs.2,931 per gram.
- The next day, there was a marginal improvement in the rate of gold with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,951 per gram on the 9th of March. This rise was very temporary however and gold rate plunged to Rs.2,931 per gram again on the 10th of March.
- Rate of gold fluctuated towards the end of the week to finally trade at Rs.2,945 per gram on the 11th and continuing at the same price the next day as well.
March ’17- Week 3 (13th to 19th)
- Rate in the third week of March was marginally lower than that of the previous week. On the 13th, gold traded at Rs.2,947 per gram.
- This price could not be sustained however and rate of gold fell to Rs.2,929 per gram on the 14th of March before plunging to a monthly low of Rs.2,906 per gram.
- There was a marginal improvement noted in the rate of gold as the week progressed.
- Price of gold varied between Rs.2,931 and Rs.2,940 per gram between the 16th and 18th of March.
- On the last day of the third week of March, the rate of gold was Rs.2,940 per gram on account of low but steady demand for gold.
March ’17- Weeks 4 (20th to 26th)
- This precious metal traded at Rs.2,941 per gram on the first day of the fourth week of March. There were a number of fluctuations noted in the rate of gold as the week progressed.
- A high demand for gold from domestic markets and positive market cues world over resulted in the rate of gold increasing to Rs.2,977 on the 22nd of March but reduced marginally the next day.
- However, this demand could not be sustained and the rate of gold steadily reduced thereafter.
- On the last day of the week, the rate of gold was Rs.2964 per gram.
March ’17- Weeks 5 (27th to 31st)
- The rate of gold was steady at Rs.2,979 per gram on the 27th of March due to increased demand for this precious metal from jewellers as well as markets in both India and abroad.
- However, this demand could not be sustained and fell to Rs.2,974 per gram on the 28th and 29th of March.
- As the week progressed the rate of gold continued to decline.
- A monthly decline of 1.73% was noted in the rate of gold during the month of March.
|February 1st Rate||Rs.2,957 per gram|
|February 28th Rate||Rs.3,001 per gram|
|Highest Rate in February||Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th & 26th February|
|Lowest Rate in February||Rs.2,940 on 3rd February|
February ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 5th)
- Gold prices in Pondicherry fell in the first week of February due to a dip in domestic demand and fluctuating markets.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,957 per gram on 1st February, with the price falling to a monthly low of Rs.2,940 per gram on 3rd February due to a dip in domestic demand.
- Prices rose marginally to trade at Rs.2,944 per gram on 4th February as overseas demand helped raise prices.
- The end of the week saw gold trade at Rs.2,944 per gram on 5th February, recording a decrease in price of Rs.13 per gram.
February ‘17 - Week 2 (6th to 12th)
- Gold price in Pondicherry in the second week of February rose as demand increased due to continued fluctuations in U.S. Dollar rates.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,954 per gram on 6th February, with the price rising to Rs.2,978 per gram on 7th February as demand from investors increased due to a dip in the markets.
- Prices continued to rise, trading at Rs.2,989 per gram on 8th February on steady demand before prices dipped due to lowered industrial demand.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,984 per gram before falling sharply to Rs.2,946 per gram on 10th February.
- Prices recovered as the week ended, trading at Rs.2,964 per gram on 12th February.
February ’17- Week 3 (13th to 19th)
- Gold prices were unstable due to continued fluctuation in demand, with gold trading at Rs.2,959 per gram on 13th February.
- Prices fell to Rs.1,947 per gram on 15th February as markets rose on positive trends.
- Gold rate in Pondicherry rose sharply to trade at Rs.2,980 per gram on 16th February due to a decline in U.S. Dollar rates as the prospect of a Fed rate hike was remote.
- Prices reached Rs.2,990 per gram on 17th February before dipping slightly as the week ended.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,980 per gram on 19th February.
February ’17- Weeks 4 & 5 (20th to 28th)
- The price of gold in Pondicherry rose steadily in the last two weeks of February as markets reeled from the effects of various political intrigues in the United States.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,976 per gram on 20th February, with the price falling to Rs.2,967 per gram on 21st February due to a dip in industrial demand.
- Prices rose to Rs.2,973 per gram on 23rd February, rising further to Rs.3,000 per gram on 24th February on increased trading in gold futures.
- Prices reached a monthly high of Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th February as local demand also rose.
- Prices stabilised as the month ended, with gold trading at Rs.3,001 per gram on 28th February to record a monthly increase of 1.49%.
|January 1st Rate||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|January 31st Rate||Rs.2,942 per gram|
|Highest Rate in January||Rs.2,974 per gram on 24th January|
|Lowest Rate in January||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January|
January 2017 - Week 1 (1st - 7th):
- When January began gold was trading at Rs.2,821 per gram which later increased to Rs.2,828 per gram on 2nd and remained the same on 3rd as well.
- As demand increased prices went up to Rs.2,857 per gram on 4th and then increased by Re.1 on 5th to trade at Rs.2,858 per gram.
- On 6th, prices increased again as markets became volatile due to Donald Trump's travel ban to trade at Rs.2,869 per gram.
- At the end of week 1 on 7th, gold prices were up by Rs.3 to trade at Rs.2,872 per gram.
January 2017 - Week 2 (8th-14th):
- When week 2 began on 8th, gold prices were the same as it was on 7th, and stood at Rs.2,872 per gram.
- Prices increased by Rs.6 on 8th to bring gold prices to Rs.2,878 per gram.
- Gold rates increased again on 9th, this time by Rs.17 to bring prices up to Rs.2,895 per gram.
- The 11th was on track with the positive growth as prices increased by Rs.19 for gold to trade at Rs.2,914 per gram.
- Prices increased on the 12th as well - this time by Rs.21 - for gold to trade at Rs.2,935 per gram.
- The 13th saw an unusual dip in gold prices as markets stabilised following the ban of Donald Trump travel restrictions, bringing gold prices down to Rs.2,926 per gram.
- The last day of week 2 however saw gold prices increase significantly to bring the prices up to Rs.2,941 per gram.
January 2017 - Week 3 (15th - 21st):
- Prices remained the same as on 14th when week 3 began on 15th, as the yellow metal was trading at Rs.2,941 per gram.
- The subsequent day on 15th saw gold prices increase to Rs.2,955 per gram and again increased to Rs.2,969 per gram on 17th.
- On 18th, prices increase d by Rs.2 to bring gold prices up to Rs.2,971 per gram.
- Prices, however, fell by Rs.20 on 19th to hit Rs.2,951 per gram as demand for the metal tumbled.
- At the end of the week, prices bounced back to finish the business day of 21st at Rs.2,962 per gram.
January 2017 - Week 4 and 5(22nd - 31st):
- The fourth week of January performed extremely well - a trend which began on the 22nd when gold was trading at Rs.2,962 per gram.
- On 23rd, prices increased to reach Rs.2,970 per gram as demand for the metal began to increase, owing to the market’s instability.
- The 24th saw gold prices reach its highest point for the month at Rs.2,974 per gram.
- On 25th, however, prices fell by Rs.23 to hit Rs.2,951 per gram and decreased over the two subsequent days to end 27th at Rs.2,911 per gram.
- The last four days of January saw prices increase gradually as demands steadily rose to end the month at Rs.2,942 per gram.
- Overall, the month of January saw gold prices increase by 4.28% compared to that of the previous month.
Gold Price Trend in Pondicherry
The gold rate as on 15th June 2015 was Rs.2,537 for 1 gram of 22 karat gold and for 1 gram of 24 carat gold was Rs.2,721. In the past 6 months, the highest gold rate was recorded at Rs.2,859 on January 22nd, 2015.
Where can you Buy Gold in Pondicherry?
There are many dealers in Pondicherry. Some of the major gold dealers are Bombay Jewellers, Tanishq, Khazana Jewellery, Sri Guru Jewellers, Adhiparasakthi Jewellery, Narayana Jewellers, Maneesh Jewellery, Lalitha Jewellers, Priya Jewellers, Joyalukkas, Ganesh Jewellers, GRT Thanga Maligai Jewellers, etc. The jewelers will offer gold in the form of ornament, coins, bars and in any other customized form that the customers requires.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Pondicherry
|Gold Rate in Chennai||Gold Rate in Bangalore||Gold Rate in Coimbatore|
|Gold Rate in Madurai||Gold Rate in Visakhapatnam||Gold Rate in Trichy|
|Also Know: Silver Rate in Pondicherry|
Read more on Gold
- Importance of Akshaya Tritiya in India
- Gold Rates Trend in 2015
- Gold and Devaluation – A Relationship
- Basic Highlights of The Gold Schemes Launched in 2015
- Hallmark, KDM and 916 Varieties of Gold
- Tips for Buying Gold Jewellery