*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price in Pondicherry
People in Pondicherry (Puducherry) prefer buying gold for major occasions. It also serves as a type of investment. Gold rates are constantly changing in Pondicherry, one can avail the updated gold rate directly from the dealers in Pondicherry or through the various financial websites. Gold can be used as an asset to get loans from the banks as well.
Gold as an Investment:
Gold can be bought in the form of jewelry, gold coins, gold bars and invested with the banks.
Jewelry - Indians purchase gold during major occasions such as wedding, festivals etc. But the gold rate will reduce in value when you resell the ornament. The ornaments have heavy making charge and hence when you wish to resell the ornament, the jeweler will deduct the making charges.
Gold Coins - This is the common form of owning gold. The rates are based on its weight and on its supply and demand. The gold coins will be available in various weight options. You can sell the gold coin back to the jeweler. The banks also sell gold coins, but they will not buy it back from you.
Gold bars - They are the most traditional way of investing in gold. This can be traded in the international markets as well.
Invest in Gold Funds - Gold can be invested with the SBI Gold Fund as an open ended fund. The investment is in units of SBI Gold Exchange Traded Schemes. You can benefit from exposure to the gold asset class without having a demat account.
You can also buy mutual funds that owns gold which makes the buying and selling quite easy.
Trend of Gold Rate in Pondicherry for November 2016 (rates per gram for 24karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,075 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.2,938 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November|
|Lowest Price||Rs.2,932 per gram on 25th November|
November 2016 - Week 1 (1st - 6th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,075 per gram on 1st of November and saw a positive growth throughout the week.
- Prices increased by Rs.24 when business day on the 2nd started as gold traded at Rs.3,104 per gram.
- On the 3rd, however, there was a slight decrease in trading prices as they fell by Rs.6 to close at Rs.3,098.
- The 4th of November again saw the prices pick up as demand for the yellow metal increased, courtesy of central government’s demonetization attempts. Prices increase by Rs.14 to sell at Rs.3,112 per gram.
- Prices again increased to Rs.3,119 per gram on the 5th and continued to remain the same till the closing hours of the week on the 6th.
November 2016 - Week 2 (7th-13th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,089 per gram on 7th November, a Rs.36 decrease from the previous week’s closing rate.
- Prices again dropped by Rs.5 on the 8th as the day ended on Rs.3,078.
- The 9th of November was the best day for gold trading as gold prices increased by a massive Rs.88 to start the day’s business on Rs.3,166. This rate was also the highest trading price for the month.
- The sudden increase in prices can be attributed to demonetization efforts by PM Modi-led NDA government.
- After good business on the 9th, prices again fell marginally as prices fell to Rs.3,126 and Rs.3,086 per gram on the 10th and 11th respectively.
- Downsurge in gold prices saw no end as they fell again by Rs.26 to hit Rs.3,059 at the time of closing on the 12th.
- The same rate as on the 12th continued till the end of the second week on the 13th of November.
November 2016 - Week 3 (14th-20th)
- The week starting on 14th again continued with the price decrease trend as the business day started with gold trading at Rs.3,054 per gram.
- Barring the Rs.3 increase on the 15th to trade at Rs.3,057 per gram, gold prices were on its free-falling course as they fell to Rs.3,034 on the 16th and Rs.3,021 on the subsequent day on 17th.
- On the 18th prices further decreased by Rs.45 as it hit Rs.2,976 per gram.
- The 19th and 20th of November had the same gold trading rate which stood at Rs.2,986 per gram.
November 2016 - Week 4 and 5 (21st to 30th)
- Gold traded at Rs.2,984 per gram on 21st November.
- There were more fluctuations to be seen throughout the week as gold prices witnessed some highs and lows.
- Barring an increase of gold prices of Rs.3,000 the 22nd, it was all downhill for gold prices for most of the week.
- Despite many decreases, prices stabilized to end at Rs.2,938 at the end of the month on 30th.
- Overall, gold prices in Pondicherry saw a decline of -4.45%.
|1st Day||Rs.3,152 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st and 2nd October|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,018 per gram on 17th October|
October 2016 – Week 1 and 2 (1st to 9th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st and 2nd October.
- Gold rates dropped this week as global trends did not favour the metal.
- Rising prospects of the Fed rate hike coupled with muted demand in the domestic market led to gold prices sliding down.
- By the end of the week, gold was trading at Rs.3,026 per gram.
October 2016 – Week 3 (10th to 16th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,034 per gram on 10th October.
- Gold rates climbed up this week as buyers began their festive shopping early as gold prices were low.
- The highest price for this week was recorded on 13th October at Rs.3,040 per gram.
- Prices dropped towards the end of the week as there was reduced demand in the domestic market.
- Global market trends weakened as the U.S. Federal Reserve was confident of a rate hike soon.
October 2016 – Week 4 (17th to 23rd)
- Anticipation of the Fed rate hike grew strong in the global market.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,018 per gram on 17th October, the lowest price for this month.
- On the domestic front, wedding season demand gave gold prices support to climb up.
- Market trends firmed up by the end of the week and gold traded at Rs.3,046 per gram on 22nd and 23rd October.
October 2016 – Week 5 (24th to 31st)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,040 per gram on 24th October, the lowest price for this week.
- The dollar weakened against a number of currencies which led to a favourable market for gold.
- In the domestic market, festive demand was in full swing.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,067 per gram on 29th and 30th October, the highest for this week.
- Overall, there was a decline in gold prices this month by 2.76%.
|1st day||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,201 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,142 per gram||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,229 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,197 per gram on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 25th of July||Rs.3,142 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Pondicherry in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram on 1st July.
- Fluctuations occurred throughout the month, with stability being achieved on very few days.
- The lowest rate recorded in the month of July was on the 25th when they fell to Rs.3,119 and the highest recorded rate in July was on the last two days of the month, when they hit Rs.3,214.
- The overall increase in price over the course of the month was 2.68%.
Gold Rate Trend of Pondicherry in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,201.
- Stability was of the essence in August as prices continued fluctuating.
- The highest recorded rate in the month of August was Rs.3,229 on the 3rd.
- Marginal increases were written off by subsequent declines until the 25th, after which prices fell consistently until the end of the month.
- Prices were recorded at Rs.3,142 per gram on the last day of the month.
- Overall, prices declined by 1.84% between the start and end of the August.
Gold Rate Trend of Pondicherry in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September, which was the lowest rate for this month.
- Prices increased and remained stable between the 3rd and 5th September at Rs.3,150, after which they increased consistently until the 8th of the month.
- Fluctuations ensued over the course of the month and the highest recorded rate in the month of September was Rs.3,197 on the 8th.
- The price of gold at the close of the month was Rs.3,176 per gram.
- The overall decline in the month of September was just 0.25%.
Trend of Gold Rate in Pondicherry for September 2016 (rates per gram for 24k Gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,197 per gramon 08th September.|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,120 per gram on 01st September.|
September '16 - Week 1 – (01st to 04th)
- Gold opened at Rs.3,120 per gram in the Union Territory of Pondicherry, which is also the lowest gold rate recorded for the month of September.
- Gold prices slightly increased and traded at Rs.3,128 per gram on 02nd of September.
- Overall the trend of gold rate this week was an incline.
- The increasing trend of gold rates can be attributed to constant demand from the domestic market.
- Gold prices increased further and closed at Rs.3,150 per gram.
September '16 - week 2- (05th to 11th)
- Gold rate continued to trade at Rs.3,150 per gram on 05th of September in Pondicherry.
- However, gold rates increased on 06th, 07th and 08th of September as industrialists increased their gold intake.
- Gold rates rose and traded at Rs.3,152 on 06th of September before settling at Rs.3,189 per gram on 07th September.
- As gold traders shrugged the Fed rate hike speculation, gold rates increased furthermore and hit the highest gold rate of the month on 08th September when the yellow metal traded at Rs.3,197 per gram.
- Following weak trend overseas, gold rates fell throughout the rest of the week.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,175 per gram on 09th of September.
- As domestic demand picked up, a slight increase in gold rates was noted on the last day of the week when the yellow metal traded at Rs.3,181 per gram.
September '16 - week 3 (12th to 18th)
- A downward curve on gold prices was seen this week.
- As jewellers withdrew their gold intake, gold rates fell on 12th of September and stood at Rs.3,175 per gram.
- Gold prices continued to fall as gold trends in both domestic and international markets did not bond well for the yellow metal.
- Strong dollar kept gold prices low throughout the week.
- Gold drifted to Rs.3,160 per gram on 15th and 16th of September.
- Gold prices continued to fall and closed at Rs.3,146 per gram.
September '16 - week 4 (19th to 25th)
- Things took a turn as Fed rate hike was put aside on account of the upcoming presidential elections in the U.S.
- Gold rate bounced on 19th September and traded at Rs.3,160 per gram.
- Gold rates continued to increase throughout the rest of the week as demand for gold picked up in the domestic market on account of the upcoming festivals.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,168 per gram on the 21st of September and increased further and hit Rs.3186 per gram on 22nd and 23rd of September.
- Due to steady demand, gold rates rallied up and closed at Rs.3,193 per gram.
September '16 - week 5 (26th to 30th)
- Due to subdued buying interest, gold rates fell and traded at Rs.3,188 per gram on 26th September.
- Lacklustre demand for gold caused gold rates to fall on 27th and 28th of September when gold traded at Rs.3,180 per gram and Rs.3,155 per gram, respectively.
- As jewellers and other gold participants geared up for the festive season, gold rates picked up on 29th and 30th of September when 24kt gold traded at Rs.3,172 per gram and Rs.3,176 per gram, respectively.
|First Day||Rs.3,201 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,142 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,229 per gram on 3rd August|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,142 per gram on 31st August|
August '16 - Weeks 1 (1st to 7th)
- Gold opened at Rs.3,201 per gram at the beginning of the week.
- An increase in gold prices was seen on the second and third day of the week due to increase in demand from domestic spot market.
- The highest gold rate for the month of August was recorded on 3rd when gold traded at Rs.3,229 per gram.
- Following weak trend overseas, gold prices fell in India and closed at Rs.3,171 per gram.
August '16 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- On the first day of the week, gold traded at Rs.3,148 per gram.
- A slight increase in gold prices was noted for the next few days as investors put aside Fed rate hike speculations and gold prices increased overseas.
- After touching the highest gold rate for the week on 10th of August when gold traded at Rs.3,198 per gram, gold started to decline gradually.
- Gold closed at Rs.3,181 per gram,indicating an overall increasing trend.
August '16 - Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- An increasing trend continued throughout the third week of August as demand in domestic market increased.
- Gold opened at Rs.3,181 per gram on the 15th of August.
- Though gold displayed an upward curve this week, traders are expecting gold prices to fall as Fed rate hike looks positive.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,200 per gram on the 21st of August.
August '16 - Week 4 (22nd to 28th)
- A slight decrease in gold prices was reported on 22nd of August when gold traded at Rs.3,184 per gram.
- U.S interest rate hike contributed to decline in gold prices throughout the week.
- A slight increase was seen on 23rd and 24th of August due to increase in demand from local jewellers and coin makers.
- From the 25th August, prices succumbed to strong dollar rate.
- By the end of the week, gold prices settled at Rs.3,164 per gram.
August '16 - Week 5 (29th to 31st)
- Global and domestic market suffered due to the prolonging Fed rate hike speculation.
- Lowest gold rate for the month was recorded on 31st of August when gold traded at Rs.3,142 per gram.
- Though gold prices fell in the month of August, traders expect gold prices to pick up again during the festive season in the second half of the year.
|First day||Rs.2,934 per gram on June 1st|
|Last day||Rs.3,105 per gram on 30th of June|
|Highest price||Rs.3,189 per gram on 27th of June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,916 per gram on June 3rd|
Gold Rate Trend of Pondicherry in June 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs.2,934 per gram on the 1st of June.
- Gold scored the highest for the month on 27th of June at Rs.3,189 per gram.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,105 per gram on the 30th of June.
Trend of Gold Rate in Pondicherry for July 2016 (rates per gram for 24karat gold)
|1st July rate||Rs.3,127.50|
|31st July rate||Rs.3,214.00|
|Highest rate in July||Rs.3,214.00 on 30th and 31st|
|Lowest rate in July||Rs.3,118.50 on 25th|
|% Change||+ 2.76%|
July'16 - Week 1 (1st to 3rd)
- The first week of July indicated a decrease in gold prices.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,129.50 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices then dropped to Rs.3,124.50 per gram on 2nd and 3rd as uncertainty loomed in the global market amidst the Brexit vote.
July'16 - Week 2 (4th to 10th)
- Global demand rose as investors preferred gold over equities.
- The week opened with gold trading at Rs.3,150 per gram.
- The highest for the week was recorded on 6th July at Rs.3,183 per gram.
- By the end of the week, prices dropped again as the U.S. non-farm payroll data was surprisingly strong.
July'16 - Week 3 (11th to 17th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,155.50 on 11th July and thereafter prices dropped.
- With minor fluctuations, the overall trend for the week was a decrease.
- Global cues coupled with muted domestic demand led to prices dropping.
- Gold seemed to be recovering towards the end with the week closing at Rs.3,146 per gram.
July '16 - Week 4 (18th to 24th)
- The week opened low at Rs.3,140.50 per gram on 18th July.
- As the dollar gain strength, gold prices slipped to its lowest for the month on 21st July trading at Rs.3,123.50.
- Towards the end of the week, demand was stable and prices climbed to Rs.3,130 per gram on 23rd July.
July ‘16 - Week 5 (25th to 31st)
- Gold rates dropped when investors were surprised by strong U.S economic data.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,118.50 per gram on 25th July.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,214 per gram by the end of the week as there was a stronger offtake from domestic jewellers.
|1st June rate||Rs.2,914|
|30th June rate||Rs.3,105|
|Highest rate in June||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest rate in June||Rs.2,916 per gram on 3rd June|
Jun'16 - Week 1 (1st to 4th)
- Gold opened at Rs.2,934 per gram on the first of the month.
- Prices slightly declined after that to touch Rs.2,923 per gram on the 2nd.
- Gold rates declined even further on the third closing at Rs2,916 per gram.
- On the last day of the month, the price of gold was Rs.2,974 per gram.
Jun'16 - Week 2 (5th to 11th)
- The rate of gold was relatively steady in the second week of the month with a few minor variations.
- Continuing from the previous week, the price of gold was Rs.2,974 per gram.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,968 per gram on the 6th and this rate was maintained until the 7th.
- There were variations in the price of gold thereafter and closed at Rs.3,039 per gram on the 11th.
Jun'16 - Week 3 (12th to 18th)
- The rate of gold varied quite a bit in the third week of May opening at Rs.3,039 per gram on the 12th.
- The price of gold declined slightly thereafter from the 13th to the 15th with the price being Rs.3,059 per gram on the 15th.
- Gold rate increased significantly on the 16th, with it being Rs.3,122 per gram which was also the highest for the week.
- Prices declined after that with gold closing at Rs.3,087 per gram on the 18th.
Jun'16 - Week 4 (19th to 25th)
- On the 19th, gold rate was Rs.3,087 which was a continuation from the previous week.
- The rate of gold decreased slightly over the next two days.
- Gold rate declined even further on the 22nd with the price being Rs.3,023 per gram.
- Rates picked up after that to close at Rs.3,165 per gram on the 25th.
Jun'16 - Week 5 (26th to 30th)
- Continuing from the previous day, gold was priced at Rs.3,165 per gram on the 26th.
- There was an increase of Rs.15 noted in the price of gold the next day.
- On the final day of the month, the rate of gold was Rs.3,105 per gram.
|1st May rate||Rs.3,069|
|31st May rate||Rs.2,914|
|Highest rate in May||Rs.3,076 on the 2nd of May|
|Lowest rate in May||Rs.2,899 on the 30th of May|
|Overall performance||Loss / Negative|
May'16 - Week 1 (1st to 7th)
- Prices were recorded at Rs.3,069 on the 1st day of the month and Rs.3,050 on the 7th.
- Prices fell by Rs.7 on the 2nd day of the month and again by Re.1 on the 3rd before a loss of Rs.27 on the 4th day of trading saw prices plunge to Rs.3,048.
- A further decline by Rs.9 saw prices fall to Rs.3,039 on the 5th of May, after which rates rose by Rs.11 and remained stable for the last two days of the week to close at Rs.3,050.
- The overall decline in prices over the course of the week was Rs.19.
May ‘16 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- Gold rates climbed by Rs.23 and prices were recorded at Rs.3,073 on the 8th of May.
- A decline by Rs.32 on the second day of the week saw prices fall to Rs.3,041.
- Prices then fluctuated for the next four days as marginal losses were written off by subsequent gains, and the value of the precious metal on the last day of the second week was Rs.3,051.
- The overall decline in prices when comparing the first day of the week with the last was Rs.22.
May ‘16 - Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- Gold prices remained unchanged on the first and second day of the third week of May at Rs.3,051.
- Prices then fell by Rs.14 to Rs.3,037 on the 17th after which an increase of Rs.4 on the 18th saw prices rise to Rs.3,041.
- Rates fell by Rs.23 on the 19th and settled at Rs.3,018 and remained unchanged on the next day.
- Prices fell by Rs.3 on the 21st of May to close the third week at Rs.3,015.
- Gold prices declined by Rs.36 at the end of the week in comparison with the first day of the week.
May ‘16 - Week 4 (22nd to 31st)
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,015 on the 22nd of May and consistent declines over the course of the month saw prices drop to Rs.2,946 on the 25th.
- A marginal increase of Rs.6 on the 26th of May saw prices rise to Rs.2,952.
- Consistent declines over the following few days saw prices touch Rs.2,899 on the 30th of May, which was the lowest recorded price in the month.
- Prices rose by Rs.15 on the last day of the month to close at Rs.2,914 per gram.
- The overall decline in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.155.
|1st April rate||Rs 2,890|
|30th April rate||Rs 3,069|
|Highest rate in April||Rs 3,069 on 30th|
|Lowest rate in April||Rs 2,869 on 4th|
|% Change||+ 6.19%|
Apr ‘16 - Week 1 (1st to 3rd)
- The talk of a Fed rate change impacted markets, with gold losing ground due to it.
- Gold traded at Rs 2,890 on 1st, dropping marginally over the next two days.
- Rates fell to Rs 2,877 and stayed at this mark till 3rd.
Apr ‘16 - Week 2 (4th to 10th)
- Strong global cues helped gold regain momentum, as rates increased over the week.
- Gold traded at Rs 2,869 on 4th and at Rs 2,944 on 10th.
- An overall appreciation of Rs 75 was observed over 7 days.
Apr ‘16 - Week 3 (11th to 17th)
- Prices fluctuated according to markets over the week.
- Gold rates picked up from Rs 2,950 on 11th to Rs 2,975, before dropping to Rs 2,949.
- A low of Rs 2,934 was witnessed on 14th.
- Gold rates managed to stabilise over the next two days, trading at Rs 2,957 on 17th.
Apr ‘16 - Week 4 (18th to 24th)
- An overall drop in rates was observed, as prices fell from Rs 2,960 on 18th to Rs 2,958 on 24th.
- Gold rates fluctuated, changing daily, peaking at Rs 2,998 on 21st.
- Rates dropped over the next three days, ending the week on a loss of Rs 2.
Apr ‘16 - Week 5 (25th to 30th)
- Strong global cues pushed gold rates over the week.
- Gold traded at Rs 2,962 on 25th, reaching Rs 2,979 on 28th.
- Prices breached the Rs 3,000 mark on 29th, as rates touched Rs 3,036.
- The month ended on a high, as gold traded at Rs 3,069.
|1st March rate||Rs 2,976|
|31st March rate||Rs 2,891|
|Highest rate in March||Rs 2,991 on 8th, 9th and 10th|
|Lowest rate in March||Rs 2,699 on 2nd and 11th|
Mar'16 - Week 1 (1st to 6th)
- Gold was priced at Rs 2,976 on March 1st in Pondicherry.
- Jewellers across the city joined protests against the new excise duty on gold, impacting gold trade.
- Prices fell to Rs 2,699 on 2nd and gained Rs 7 to reach Rs 2,976 on 3rd.
- Rates remained constant throughout the week on account of protests.
Mar'16 - Week 2 (7th to 13th)
- Protests continued into the second week as well.
- There was a slight drop in rates on 7th, with gold trading at Rs 2,970.
- Prices picked up, trading at Rs 2,991 till 10th.
- A significant drop was witnessed on 11th, as gold fell by Rs 292 to trade at Rs 2,699.
- Rates picked up again, closing at Rs 2,989.
Mar'16 - Week 3 (14th to 20th)
- Gold rates fell to Rs 2,950 on the 14th, as most jewellers resumed their business.
- An overall drop in rates was witnessed during the week, with prices ending at Rs 2,940 on 20th.
- Rates went up to Rs 2,949 before falling by Rs 9 on the 20th.
Mar'16 - Week 4 (21st to 27th)
- With protests coming to an end, gold rates changed on a daily basis.
- Gold price was Rs 2,914 on 21st and Rs 2,896 on 27th, indicating an overall drop in rates.
- Prices went up from Rs 2,914 to Rs 2,943 on 22nd, with a steady decline post that.
Mar'16 - Week 5 (28th to 31st)
- The drop in rates continued into the final week of March as well.
- The week began with gold trading at Rs 2,874.
- Prices increased to Rs 2,910 on 30th before falling to Rs 2,891 on the 31st.
|1st February rate||Rs.2,720|
|29th February rate||Rs.2,984|
|Highest rate in February||Rs.2,984 on 25th and 29th|
|Lowest rate in February||Rs.2,720 on 1st|
Feb '16 - Week 1 (1st to 7th)
- Gold prices appreciated in the 1st week.
- Prices were Rs.2,720 on 1st and Rs.2,813 on 7th.
- Gold appreciated by an overall margin of Rs.93, rising on the back of strong overseas trends and increasing demand from the domestic sector.
Feb '16 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- Gold rates were up again in the second week.
- Prices were Rs.2,815 on 8th and Rs.2,936 on 14th.
- Gold appreciated to Rs.2,961 by 12th before sliding to Rs.2,936 by 14th.
Feb '16 - Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- Gold appreciated in the third week also.
- Prices were Rs.2,889 on 15th and Rs.2,973 on 21st.
- Gold settled at Rs.2,885 by 17th before rallying to Rs.2,973 by 21st.
Feb '16 - Week 4 (22nd to 29th)
- Gold appreciated in the 4th week, ending an especially positive month for the yellow metal.
- Prices were Rs.2,928 on 22nd and Rs.2,984 on 29th.
- Gold rose to Rs.2,984 by 25th before fluctuating from 26th to 29th to settle at the same rate again by 29th.
|4 th January rate||Rs.2,569|
|31 st January rate||Rs.2,710|
|Highest rate in January||Rs.2,719 on 28th|
|Lowest rate in January||Rs.2,569 on 4th|
- Gold gained value the 1st week of January.
- Prices were Rs.2,569 on 4th and Rs.2,635 on 10th.
- Gold rose to Rs.2,629 by 7th.
- Prices dropped by Rs.3 on 8th to Rs.2,626 before rising by Rs.9 on 9th to touch Rs.2,635.
- Gold rates appreciated again in the 2nd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,632 on 11th and Rs.2,654 on 17th.
- Gold rates declined to Rs.2,593 by 13th before gaining Rs.61 till 16th to settle at Rs.2,654.
- Gold prices were up again in the 3rd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,642 on 18th and Rs.2,660 on 24th.
- Gold was up to Rs.2,676 by 21st but declined to Rs.2,660 till 24th.
- Gold prices were up in the 4th week too.
- Prices were Rs.2,678 on 25th and Rs.2,710 on 31st.
- Gold rallied to Rs.2,719 by 28th before settling at Rs.2,710 on 30th and 31st.
|1st December rate||Rs.2,565|
|31st December rate||Rs.2,534|
|Highest rate in December||Rs.2,598 on 5th and 6th|
|Lowest rate in December||Rs.2,521 on 3rd|
- Gold gained value in the 1st week of the month.
- Prices were Rs.2,565 on 1st and Rs.2,593 on 7th.
- Gold lost value in the first three days as prices fell to Rs.2,521 by 3rd.
- There was overall gain of Rs.77 till 6th when prices rallied to Rs.2,598.
- Gold was trading marginally lower at Rs.2,593 at the end of the week.
- There was a slight drop in rates in the 2nd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,572 on 8th and Rs.2,570 on 14th.
- Gold dropped to Rs.2,562 by 11th before rallying to Rs.2,593 by 13th.
- Prices fell by Rs.23 on 14th to settle at Rs.2,570.
- Gold rates were stable on the whole in the 3rd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,559 on 15th and Rs.2,559 on 21st.
- Gold dropped to Rs.2,526 by 18th bit rallied over the last three days of the week to close at Rs.2,559 again.
- Gold rates were down in the final days of December.
- It was priced at Rs.2,573 on 22nd and Rs.2,534 on 30th.
- Gold dropped to Rs.2,553 on 23rd and was stable between Rs.2,553 and Rs.2,565 till 30th.
- Prices depreciated to Rs.2,534 on 31st from Rs.2,554 on 30th.
|1st November rate||Rs.2,676|
|Highest rate in November||Rs.2,682 on 2nd|
|Lowest rate in November||Rs.2,544 on 30th|
- Gold lost value in the 1st week of the month.
- Prices were Rs.2,676 on 1st and Rs.2,608 on 7th.
- Gold dropped to Rs.2,624 by 5th before stabilizing on the next day at Rs.2,626.
- Prices fell again on the last day of the week to Rs.2,608.
- There were more drop in rates in the 2nd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,608 on 8th and Rs.2,582 on 14th.
- Gold gained value on 9th to settle at Rs.2,624, before losing out the gains by 11th when it was priced at Rs.2,609.
- Gold fell further in the last 3 days of the week to settle at Rs.2,582 on 14th.
- Gold rates declined marginally in the 3rd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,582 on 15th and Rs.2,570 on 21st.
- Gold was stable in the range of Rs.2,563 to Rs.2,582 throughout the week, with an exception being Rs.2,557 on 18th when it was priced at Rs.2,557.
- Gold rates depreciated again in the final days of November.
- It was priced at Rs.2,571 on 22nd and Rs.2,544 on 30th.
- Gold rates stayed around the Rs.2,570 mark for most of the 4th week except for 28th when prices dropped to Rs.2,554.
- Gold again fell on 30th to end the month at Rs.2,544.
Gold Price Trend in Pondicherry
The gold rate as on 15th June 2015 was Rs.2,537 for 1 gram of 22 karat gold and for 1 gram of 24 carat gold was Rs.2,721. In the past 6 months, the highest gold rate was recorded at Rs.2,859 on January 22nd, 2015.
Where can you Buy Gold in Pondicherry?
There are many dealers in Pondicherry. Some of the major gold dealers are Bombay Jewellers, Tanishq, Khazana Jewellery, Sri Guru Jewellers, Adhiparasakthi Jewellery, Narayana Jewellers, Maneesh Jewellery, Lalitha Jewellers, Priya Jewellers, Joyalukkas, Ganesh Jewellers, GRT Thanga Maligai Jewellers, etc. The jewelers will offer gold in the form of ornament, coins, bars and in any other customized form that the customers requires.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Pondicherry
|Gold Rate in Chennai||Gold Rate in Bangalore||Gold Rate in Coimbatore|
|Gold Rate in Madurai||Gold Rate in Visakhapatnam||Gold Rate in Trichy|
|Also Know: Silver Rate in Pondicherry|
Read more on Gold
- Importance of Akshaya Tritiya in India
- Gold Rates Trend in 2015
- Gold and Devaluation – A Relationship
- Basic Highlights of The Gold Schemes Launched in 2015
- Hallmark, KDM and 916 Varieties of Gold
- Tips for Buying Gold Jewellery