*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Kannur
Kannur is a district situated in ‘God’s own country’ Kerala. Earlier known as Cannanore, it is the largest city in the North Malabar region. It houses Asia’s largest and the world’s third largest Naval academy. The place is also well known for its obsession with gold considering it's a part of a city which also is one of the biggest consumers of gold in India. Purchasing and wearing gold has always been a part of culture and tradition in Kerala. People in Kannur view gold as an investment and not just a commodity. Gold rate in Kannur changes almost everyday even though if it is by a mere margin.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2020 to March 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,806 per gram||Rs.3,964 per gram||Rs.4,074 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,964 per gram||Rs.4,153 per gram||Rs.3,969 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,964 per gram on 7 January and 31 January||Rs.4,174 per gram on 25 February||Rs.4,242 per gram on 7 and 8 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,806 per gram on 1 and 2 January||Rs.3,927 per gram on 6 and 7 February||Rs.3,885 per gram on 18 and 20 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kannur from January 2020 to March 2020:
- In January, gold opened at Rs.3,806 per gram in Kannur and closed at Rs.3,964 per gram with a high of Rs.3,964 per gram in the first week and the last day of the month while the lowest point was on the first two days of the month at Rs.3,806. The overall trend was an incline of 4.15% through the month. The fluctuation in the rates of gold in January were due to many factors, such as uncertainty over the coronavirus being a pandemic or not, with the World Health Organisation not yet announcing it as such. The eve of the Chinese New Year caused a dip due to the holiday season. However, tensions around the US-Iran conflict and the US-China trade deal relaxed considerably, leading to an upward trend for gold prices in January.
- By February, gold opened at Rs.3,964 per gram and closed at Rs.4,153, with the highest price being Rs.4,174 per gram by the end of the month and the lowest being Rs.3,927 per gram in the first week of the month. There was an overall incline in gold prices of 4.76%. This was in large part due to the coronavirus now becoming a global crisis, hitting stock markets and economies across the world, thus leading to an increased interest in gold as a safe-haven investment which would help tide over the possible tough times ahead. Any dip in prices this month was due to the stock markets looking up and safe-haven investments taking a beating following a monetary policy intervention by China’s central bank. There was also speculation about a possible drug for the coronavirus that resulted in an uptick in the stock market again. However, the forward march of the virus across more countries led to increasing prices of gold overall.
- Compared to the previous months, the month of March saw a decline of –2.25% in gold prices overall. This was due to several world economies taking a hit with an extreme lockdown announced to halt the death march of the coronavirus. There was a virtual standstill in the stock market and in physical trading as well because of this. The highest price of gold in March was Rs.4,242 per gram in the first week while it crashed to the lowest by the third week of the month at Rs.3,885 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,665 per gram||Rs.3,749 per gram||Rs.3,728 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,773 per gram||Rs.3,701 per gram||Rs.3,806 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,764 per gram from 25 October to 30 October||Rs.3,780 per gram on 3 November and 4 November||Rs.3,806 per gram on 29, 30, and 31 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,612 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,701 per gram on 13, 27, 28, 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,675 per gram on 14 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kannur from October 2019 to December 2019:
- The price of gold opened at the rate of Rs.3,665 per gram in Kannur for the month of October 2019. During the month, the yellow metal witnessed a hike of about 2.94% in its price. Traders around the world waited for a clarification in regard to the US-China trade talks which was one of the major reasons behind the hike in the price of gold.
- For the month of November 2019, the price of gold opened at the rate of Rs.3,749 per gram in Kannur. Owing to the clarifications from the US-China trade war, there were no rate cuts and the price of the yellow metal came down by –1.28% during this month. The price at which the precious metal came to a close for the month of November was Rs.3,701 per gram.
- In Kannur, the price of gold opened at the rate of Rs.3,728 per gram for the month of December 2019. The value of US Dollar as well as the impeachment inquiry on the US President led to the rise of 2.09% in the price of the precious metal. For the month, the price of the yellow metal came to a close at the rate of Rs.3,806 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,302 per gram||Rs.3,402 per gram||Rs.3,738 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,381 per gram||Rs.3,749 per gram||Rs.3,665 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,428 per gram on 20 July||Rs.3,770 per gram on 30 August||Rs.3,822 per gram on 5 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,272 per gram on 3 July||Rs.3,371 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,633 per gram on 21 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,113 per gram||Rs.3,119 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,134 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,302 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,140 per gram on 10 April||Rs.3,176 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,371 per gram on 26 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,082 per gram on 4,5 and from 19-21 April||Rs.3,082 per gram on 4 May||Rs.3,140 per gram on 1 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,077 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,255 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,229 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,113 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,229 per gram on 31 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,255 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,077 per gram on 1 and 2 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,113 per gram on 31 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2019:
- Gold prices in Kannur opened at Rs.3,077 per gram as the precious metal was sought after due to growing uncertainty over the impact of the U.S. government shutdown and Brexit crisis.
- Prices climbed to Rs.3,124 per gram on 6 January and apart from a brief slide continued to inch higher on steady local demand, trading at Rs.3,140 per gram on 14 January.
- Fears over the economic impact of the Sino-U.S. trade dispute as well as the shutdown rattled investors, who increased bullion offtake as gold rose to Rs.3,176 per gram on 21 January.
- Minor fluctuations saw prices drop to Rs.3,161 per gram on 26 January but a surge in jeweller demand bolstered rates as the yellow metal closed the month at Rs.3,229 per gram.
- A weak opening of Rs.3,229 per gram did not deter gold rates in Kannur, which surged to Rs.3,266 per gram on 7 February as local retail demand remained high due to volatile equity markets and a weak U.S. dollar.
- Despite Brexit fears, investor interest in bullion declined as the metal dropped to Rs.3,224 per gram on 13 February but strong local retail offtake bolstered prices as gold rose to Rs.3,255 per gram on 19 February.
- Concerns over the impact of the ongoing Sino-U.S. trade deal saw prices rise to Rs.3,302 per gram on 21 February but a recovering U.S. dollar resulted in rates falling to Rs.3,260 per gram from 23-26 February.
- Lacklustre Eurozone economic growth once again raised the metal’s profile overseas as gold ended the month marginally higher at Rs.3,271 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for March 2019:
- Demand for gold was on the decline as steady equity markets and a rise in the U.S. dollar rate resulted in gold rates in Kannur falling after trading at Rs.3,255 per gram on 1 March.
- Prices dipped to Rs.3,129 per gram on 8 March as investor interest declined following the release of positive U.S. economic data but a possible interest rate cut bolstered bullion as the metal rose to Rs.3,155 per gram on 15 March.
- Despite steady jeweller demand, a weak rupee capped gains and gold prices were on the decline, falling to Rs.3,140 per gram on 22 March as overseas offtake was also muted.
- Poor Asian offtake and a strengthening U.S. dollar rate further dented the yellow metal’s appeal, with prices dropping to Rs.3,098 per gram ono 29 March before inching upwards to end the month at Rs.3,113 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,987 per gram||Rs.3,098 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,108 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 25 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 5 November||Rs.3,108 per gram on 12 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,987 per gram on 1 October||Rs.2,977 per gram on 30 November||Rs.2,966 per gram on 1 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,951 per gram||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.2,987 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,993 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,966 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,014 per gram on 20, 21, 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July||Rs.2,877 per gram on 4 August||Rs.2,945 per gram on 4 September|
Gold rate in Kannur for July 2018
- When trading for the precious metal commenced on 1 July, gold was priced at Rs.2,951 per gram. The demand for the metal was poor amid weak trends overseas.
- However, as the demand for the metal from retailers and industrial units increased in the following days, the price of the metal surged.
- The highest gold rate for the month of July in Kannur was recorded on 11 July when the metal traded at Rs.2,993 per gram.
- Meanwhile, the value of the US dollar increased compared to a basket of apex currencies. This caused gold rates in Kannur decline.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July- the lowest gold rate recorded for the month.
- Overall, the trend of gold rates in Kannur declined by 1.62% for the month of July.
Gold rate trend in Kannur for August 2018
- The precious metal continued to trade at Rs.2,903 per gram when the trading for gold commenced on 1 August. As the demand for the metal remained stable, the price of the metal wasn’t affected on the first day of the month.
- In the following days, the US released the employment data which indicated positive growth for their economy due to which the value of the US dollar increased and the rate of gold in Kannur declined.
- The lowest gold rate was recorded on 1 August when the price of the metal fell to Rs.2,877 per gram.
- However, due to political tension, the value of the US dollar started to fall in the following days. This caused gold rates in Kannur to incline.
- The highest gold rate was recorded on the last day of the month when the metal closed at Rs.2,966 per gram.
- Though the price of the metal kept fluctuating throughout the month, the overall trend of gold rates in Kannur for the month of August was an incline of 2.17%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for September 2018
- The upcoming festive season and volatile markets resulted in an increase in bullion sales, with gold opening the month at Rs.2,956 per gram.
- The lowest gold price was recorded on 5 September when the precious metal traded at Rs.2,945 per gram. The fall in gold rates can be associated with the decrease in the industrial orders.
- However, gold rates in Kannur quickly rebounded and hit a monthly high of Rs.3,014 per gram on 20 September and traded at the same rate on 21, 26, and 27 of the month.
- Towards the end of the month, gold rates surged as the value of the US Dollar succumbed to market volatility.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,987 per gram and recorded an incline of 1.04% in value for the month of September in Kannur.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.2,966 per gram
Rs.3,050 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.3,050 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.2,972 per gram
Rs.3,056 per gram on 20-21 & 25-26 April
Rs.3,071 per gram on 14 & 15 May
Rs.3,040 per gram on 1 June
Rs.2,966 per gram from 1 – 3 April
Rs.3,019 per gram on 17 & 18 May
Rs.2,972 per gram on 30 June
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for April 2018:
- The month began with gold price in Kannur opening at Rs.2,996 per gram on the 1st with subdued domestic demand amid the poor trend overseas. This was also the lowest monthly figure recorded in the city.
- However, the next couple of weeks saw safe-haven demand improving with geopolitical tensions rising in the Korean Peninsula and the US. This led to prices rising during the course of the month.
- On the 25th, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,056 per gram with strong investor demand amid favourable market trends overseas.
- Trading closed for the month with gold rate in Kannur holding at Rs.3,050 per gram on the 30th with steady demand from local industries, retailers and jewellers, registering a 2.83% rise in gold trade during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for May 2018:
- When trading began for the second month of Q2 2018, gold price in Kannur was recorded holding at Rs.3,050 per gram on the 1st with markets capitalising on firm global cues from the previous session.
- Rates rose to Rs.3,071 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 14th as the US dollar index and equities tumbled at the international level, boosting investor demand higher for the safe-haven asset.
- Demand, however, dropped over the next couple of days with the greenback regaining lost ground against other apex currencies. This led to gold rate in Kannur dropping to a monthly low of Rs.3,019 per gram on the 17th.
- Thanks to the firm market trends overseas, demand picked up with investors banking on the bullion market towards the end of the month.
- The month came to an end with the bullion priced at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 31st with steady local demand amid the positive trend overseas.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for June 2018:
- The final month of Q2 2018 commenced with gold rate in Kannur holding at Rs.3,040 per gram with subdued but steady demand from local industries and jewellers amid the weak trend overseas.
- Weak global cues coupled with reduced from investors led to gold prices dropping significantly during the course of the month.
- The 30th saw gold price in Kannur hitting a monthly low of Rs.2,972 per gram with domestic demand on the decline amid the poor trend overseas.
- Kannur recorded a drop of 2.23% in gold rates due to poor demand brought about by the well-performing US dollar and rising equity markets during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,002 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.3,043 per gram
Rs.3,045 per gram
Rs.3,046 per gram
Rs.3,072 per gram
Rs.3,084 per gram on 20 & 21 January
Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February
Rs.3,105 per gram on 24 & 25 March
Rs.3,001 per gram on 4 January
Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February
Rs.3,030 per gram on 19 March
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2018:
- Trading began in Kannur with gold priced at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 1st amid firm overseas trends coupled with steady domestic demand.
- On the 5th, Prices plunged to Rs.2,909 per gram with demand declining against the strengthening US dollar.
- The month saw gold rates rising considerably towards the end with poor employment data and inflation reports pushing demand higher for safe-haven assets such as gold and silver.
- With investors and traders gravitating towards investments considered safer to hedge against inflation concerns, gold rates rose to Rs.3,015 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 25th.
- Trading concluded for the month with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,940 per gram on the last day.
- Kannur registered an increase of 0.54% in gold prices owing to strong global cues that pushed demand to a higher level during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for February 2018:
- The month of February began in Kannur with gold trading at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 1st, thanks to strong demand from local markets amid the weakened US dollar.
- The dollar, however, rose against a basket of other currencies over the next week and gold was priced at Rs.2,919 per gram on the 8th. This was the lowest level recorded in the city.
- Poor demand coupled with weak trends overseas resulted in prices remaining untouched at Rs.2,919 per gram until the 12th.
- Thanks to an increase in investor demand over the next few days, gold prices surged to Rs.2,993 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 19th.
- The month ended with gold rates in Kannur priced at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 28th with local demand stabilising amid the flat US dollar.
- Gold trade in Kannur recorded a drop of 0.16% in gold prices on account of poor overseas trends during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for March 2018:
- Steady domestic demand coupled with positive global cues led to gold rates opening at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 1st.
- The next couple of weeks saw gold rates remaining on the positive side with the bullion rising on the back of the weakened US dollar.
- However, with the US dollar recovering from its previous losses after the US employment data indicated an increase in the number of jobs contributing to the nation’s economy, gold rates plunged to Rs.2,945 per gram on the 16th.
- Prices remained untouched at Rs.2,945 per gram until the 19th with poor demand from local jewellers and retailers.
- Demand seemed to pick up over the next week with the dollar losing its sheen amid the losing equity markets. This led to gold prices surging to its highest monthly figure of Rs.3,008 per gram on the 28th.
- The month came to an end with the yellow metal prices holding at Rs.2,966 per gram on the last day on account of subdued but steady demand for the bullion.
- Gold rates in Kannur surged by 0.33% owing to firm trends overseas that pushed demand higher during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,921 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,937 per gram||Rs.2,909 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,977 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.2,986 per gram 18 to 22 November||Rs.2,931 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,931 per gram on 27 October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 5 November||Rs.2,786 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for October 2017:
- The month began in Kannur with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 1st.
- Despite the imminent arrival of major festivals during the month, demand remained low for the precious metal in the domestic market. This led to gold rate in Kannur plunging to Rs.2,942 per gram on the 7th.
- However, with diplomatic relations between the US and North Korea deteriorating in the Korean peninsula, prices rebounded to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th.
- On the 17th, the bullion trade in Kannur saw the yellow metal prices surging to Rs.2,989 per gram with an increased buying by local jewellers, industries and retailers to meet the local festive demand.
- With the US dollar and equities recovering from the initial shock, gold rate in Kannur declined over the next week. This led to gold being priced at Rs.2,952 per gram on the 28th.
- The month ended with the precious metal prices holding at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 31st amid poor domestic demand.
- Poor global trends coupled with reduced local demand resulted in Kannur registering a loss of 0.40% in bullion trade during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for November 2017:
- Trading commenced in Kannur with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 1st.
- With the US dollar rising against other emerging currencies over the next few days, gold was recorded trading at Rs.2,932 per gram on the 4th.
- However, with the Middle-East crisis intensifying overseas, demand for safe-haven assets such as gold surged globally. This led to gold prices recovering to Rs.2,941 per gram on the 7th.
- The 18th saw gold rate in Kannur rising to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 18th with an increased demand from jewellers and industries amid the poorly-performing US dollar.
- Gold rates plummeted to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 23rd after the US dollar regained lost ground and the equities strengthened during the week.
- When the month concluded, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,937 per gram with poor demand for the metal.
- Kannur registered a decline of 0.16% in gold rates during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for December 2017:
- The final month of the quarter began with the bullion trading at Rs.2,921 per gram on the 1st of December.
- The first week witnessed gold rates fluctuating considerably amid uncertainties in the US Senate for the approval of the landmark US tax bill.
- Gold price in Kannur dropped to Rs.2,877 per gram on the 8th before plummeting to Rs.2,862 per gram the next day. This was also the lowest recorded figure for the week in Kannur.
- Poor domestic demand coupled with strong US dollar index led to gold being priced at Rs.2,816 per gram on the 16th.
- However, with investors and traders speculating over the final outcome of the tax bill on the US economic growth, gold prices rose to Rs.2,858 per gram on the 24th.
- With international gold rate in Kannur hitting one-month highs amid the poorly performing US dollar, gold rates in Kannur surged to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 29th.
- The month ended with the precious metal prices holding steady at Rs.2,909 per gram on the 31st.
- Poor global cues coupled with reduced demand for the metal led to gold rates declining by 0.41% during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Kannur for July 2017
- When trading commenced in Kannur for the month of July, the yellow metal was trading at Rs.2,930 per gram.
- Gold price in Kannur surged to Rs.2,970 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 3rd due to increased global demand for the precious metal.
- Demand declined over the next few days despite a poor performing dollar, and gold was trading at Rs.2,900 per gram on the 8th.
- The 14th witnessed gold rates in Kannur touch a lowest monthly figure of Rs.2,796 per gram as demand for the metal declined with strengthening of the US dollar.
- The dollar, however, inched down in the following days pushing demand higher for the yellow metal. This led to gold prices rising to Rs.2,848 per gram on the 20th.
- The 27th witnessed global demand pick up with the collapse of the dollar, pushing prices higher to Rs.2,860 per gram on the 27th.
- Gold rates in Kannur surged further to Rs.2,872 per gram, as the dollar hit a 13-month low on the 31st.
Gold rate trend in Kannur for August 2017
- The month began with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,882 per gram on the 1st of August.
- The US Federal Reserve meetings coupled with recovery of the dollar resulted in reduced demand from investors and jewellers, pushing prices down to Rs.2,840 per gram on the 5th.
- Gold rates in Kannur surged to Rs.2,898 per gram on the 10th with the downfall of the US economy.
- The 11th witnessed prices surging to touch Rs.2,924 per gram as the rising tensions between the US and North Korea pushed demand for safe-haven assets like gold.
- Local demand for the metal declined over the next few days, and gold was recorded trading at Rs.2,898 per gram on the 21st.
- However, demand picked up towards the end of the month owing to strong global cues, and the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,913 per gram on the 28th.
- On the 30th, the US economy tanked with Hurricane Harvey having taken its toll on the US coast. This led to gold prices record its highest monthly figure of Rs.2,958 per gram.
- The month ended with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 31st.
Gold rate trend in Kannur for September 2017
- Gold opened at Rs.2,941 per gram, when trading commenced in Kannur on the 1st.
- Gold price in Kannur surged to Rs.3,012 per gram on the 6th as demand for the metal spurred amid positive global trends.
- The news about North Korea’s successful thermonuclear test sent world markets crashing. This led to an increase in safe-haven investments worldwide, pushing gold rates up to Rs.3,038 per gram on the 9th. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in Kannur.
- However, demand for the metal declined with the recovery of the US economy. This led to the yellow metal prices plunging to Rs.2,961 per gram on the 21st.
- With the dollar gaining against other apex currencies, rates varied with fluctuating demand over the next few days.
- However, the imminent arrival of Dussehra pushed demand higher for the precious metal. This led to gold rates surging to Rs.2,975 per gram on the 27th.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 30th, as the US economic recovery resulted in reduced local demand.
- Kannur witnessed gold rates in Kannur incline at 0.44% over the month, owing to positive global cues and an increased domestic demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,000 on 22 April and 23 April||Rs.2,935 per gram on 1 May and 2 May||Rs.2,945 per gram 7 from June to 12 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,920 per gram from 1 April to 3 April||Rs.2,875 per gram on 10 May||Rs.2,800 per gram on 23 June|
Gold rate trend in Kannur for April 2017
- The gold rates in Kannur traded at Rs.2,920 per gram on 1 April and remained more or less steady throughout the month.
- The steady local demand and fluctuating U.S. dollar rates increased the gold prices to Rs.2,965 per gram on 12 April.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,990 per gram on 19 April due to an incline in gold’s demand from investors and the local markets.
- A gradual increase the demand pushed the gold rates to Rs.3,000 per gram on 23 April.
- Demand for yellow metal started declining and reached Rs.2,935 per gram on 30 April due to an improved U.S. dollar value and market condition.
- Though the gold rates fluctuated in April, it indicated at an overall incline of 0.51% in the value.
Gold rate trend in Kannur for May 2017
- For the month of May, gold started trading at Rs.2,935 per gram on 1 May and remained stable for the beginning of the month.
- The victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French presidential election 2017 boosted the markets leading a dip in gold rates to Rs.2,865 per gram on 11 May.
- The fluctuating gold rates due to subdued local demand led to a decline in the prices.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,925 per gram on 23 May due to an increased local demand, however, the rates remained low due to muted demands from international markets.
- With an overall incline of 0.51% in the value, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,915 per gram on 31 May
Gold rate trend in Kannur for June 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,915 per gram on 1 June in Kannur indicating an incline in demand for the precious metal.
- A steady demand for gold kept the prices at Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 to 14 June.
- Prices rose to June as demand was stable in spite of lowered domestic demand.
- The local market’s demand for gold increased the rates to Rs.2,885 per gram on 19 June as the local government planned to implement GST.
- Though the prices fluctuated, gold was trading at Rs.2,800 per gram on 23 June and ended at an inclined rate of Rs.2,930 per gram on 30 June.
- With an incline of 0.51%, the gold rates were more or less steady for the month of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,815 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from the 23rd to 26th of January||Rs.2,960 per gram from the 18th of February to 28th of February||Rs.2,960 per gram from 1st to 13th of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,815 per gram from the 1st to 3rd of January||Rs.2,935 per gram on 14th and 15th of February||Rs.2,860 on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in January 2017
- Gold traded at Rs.2,815 per gram on the 1st of January due to relatively low demand in domestic markets. This rate continued until the 3rd of January.
- There was a marginal improvement noted in the rate of gold thereafter with gold trading at Rs.2,860 per gram from the 5th of January until the 9th of January after which it further increased to Rs.2,880 per gram.
- As the month progressed, the rate of gold continued to increase as well. Between the 23rd of January and 26th of January, gold traded at Rs.2,970 per gram due to heavy and sustained demand for this metal. This was also the highest at which gold traded for the month of January.
- On the last day of the month, gold closed at Rs.2,945 per gram, recording a rise of 4.61% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in February 2017
- The trend of gold rate in Kannur during the month of February was quite unusual due to the relatively stable rates being seen despite fluctuations in the demand for this metal and geopolitical factors.
- The rate of gold was steady at Rs.2,945 per gram from the 1st of February to the 13th of February.
- The price of gold fell by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.2,935 per gram on the 14th and 15th of February after which it picked up. This was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month.
- From the 18th to the 28th of February, gold traded steadily at Rs.2,960 per gram. This was also the highest at which gold traded in Kannur during the month.
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in March 2017
- Gold traded at Rs.2,960 per gram on the 1st of March in Kannur. Due to steady demand, this rate was noted until the 13th of March.
- This demand however, could not be sustained and the rate of gold fell the next day to trade at Rs.2,890 per gram and reduced even further to trade at Rs.2,860 per gram on the 15th of March. This was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month.
- The price of gold recovered marginally after that to trade at Rs.2,880 per gram and then rose to Rs.2,890 per gram the next day and continued at this rate until the 21st of March.
- Towards the end of the week, gold traded steadily at Rs.2,920 per gram until the end of the week, with a few minor variations, recording a decline of 1.35% in the price of gold.
|1st day||Rs.3,115 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,905 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,815 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,115 per gram on 1st & 2nd October||Rs.3,135 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,905 per gram on 1st & 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 17th October||Rs.2,930 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,768 per gram on 22nd & 23rd December|
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in October 2016
- Gold prices in Kannur were constant as the week began as industrial demand was strong.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,115 per gram on 1st October but prices fell in the subsequent weeks due to reduced demand from the retail sector.
- Overseas demand was poor as markets stabilised and the U.S. Dollar rose on the possibility of a U.S. Federal Reserve rate hike.
- Prices fell to their lowest for the month during the middle of the month due to a sharp decline in industrial demand due to falling exports.
- Prices rose marginally towards the end of the month, stabilising at Rs.3,050 per gram on 26th October.
- Gold ended the month trading at Rs.3,055 per gram on 31st October, with prices declining by 1.92% overall.
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in November 2016
- Gold prices fell sharply during the month after an initial period of gains due to the U.S. election results and the demonetisation policy.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,055 per gram on 1st November, with prices rising throughout the first week due to uncertainty over the U.S. presidential election results.
- Prices reached a high of Rs.3,110 per gram on 4th November and stayed constant for a few days.
- The sudden announcement of the demonetisation of large currency notes led to a market crash in India, which boosted demand for gold and pushed prices to Rs.3,135 per gram on 9th November.
- Prices began to fall as markets stabilised, with the currency shortage also contributing to a decrease in demand for gold.
- Gold prices continued to drop as the month progressed, resulting in gold trading at Rs. 2,945 per gram on 30th November, registering a loss of 3.60% overall.
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in December 2016
- Gold prices continued their downward spiral as stable markets and weakening demand resulted in a decrease in price.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,905 per gram on 1st December, with the price falling to Rs.2,900 per gram in the subsequent days on poor demand.
- The continued currency shortage impacted gold sales during the festive season in India, which kept prices low.
- International markets were gaining on increased spending during the holiday season, which also boosted the U.S. Dollar and other global currencies, leading to reduced demand for gold.
- Prices fell to a low of Rs.2,768 per gram during the Christmas week, as gold plunged on low demand.
- A slight increase in demand led to prices recovering, with gold trading at Rs.2,815 per gram on 31st December.
|1st day||Rs.3,000 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,135 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 16th and 17th July||Rs.3,140 per gram from 26th-30th August||Rs.3,160 per gram on 7th, 25th and 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 1st August||Rs.3,120 per gram on 2nd and 19th September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Increase in price||Increase in price|
|Change||+3.66% increase||+1.22% increase||+0.15% increase|
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in July 2016
- Gold prices started the week low but rose sharply on strong demand and international cues, but stabilised as the week continued.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,055 per gram as the second week began, with prices being stable on steady demand.
- Prices appreciated as domestic demand increased slightly and markets suffered a slight slump.
- Strong performances by currencies led to a resurgence in the markets and gold demand dipped in the third week, trading at Rs.3.060 per gram for most of the week.
- Prices recovered marginally to close the month at Rs.3,092 per gram, a slight increase overall.
Gold Rate Trend for Kannur in August 2016
- Prices were stable at the start of the week, with gold trading at Rs.3,112 per gram due to sustained demand.
- A dip in demand and weak international cues led to a lower prices, with gold trading at Rs.3,095 per gram for the week.
- Fluctuations on the currency markets led to a rise in bullion demand, driving prices higher as investors favoured gold over stocks.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs.2,895 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs. 2,895 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,025 per gram on April 30.||Rs. 3,025 per gram May 1st to 3rd||Rs.3,050 per gram from 25th to 28th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,852 per gram on April 4.||Rs. 2,885 per gram on May 30th||Rs.2,895 per gram from 1st June to 8th June|
Gold Rate Trend of Kannur in April 2016
- Gold started the month of April trading at Rs. 2,872 per gram.
- By April 4th, rates dropped to Rs. 2,852 per gram recorded as the lowest for the month.
- Prices were on an incline ending the month at Rs. 3,025 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Kannur in May 2016
- Going into the month of May, gold rates stayed steady at Rs. 3,025 per gram.
- With the growing chorus of a Fed rate hike, rates started dropping.
- By the end of the month, the decline stood at 4.27% ending May at Rs. 2,690 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Kannur in June 2016
- Firming overseas trends in addition to increase in industrial demand ensured that gold rates remained stable for many days at a stretch during June.
- Despite marginal declines on certain days of the month, the value of the precious metal increased and gained consistency as the month progressed, and the highest rate in June was recorded between the 25th and 28th when prices soared to Rs.3,050 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.95.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,507 per gram||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,688 per gram on January 27th and 28th||Rs. 2,872 per gram from February 26th to 29th||Rs. 2,907 per gram on March 8th|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,507 on January 1st - 3rd||Rs. 2685 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,824 per gram on March 24th|
|Change||+ 7.10 %||+6.96%||0%|
Gold Rate Trend of Kannur in January 2016
- Gold rates were seen trading low at Rs. 2,507 at the start of January.
- Fluctuations took place, but the prices remained within a small range of change.
- Rs. 2,688 was the highest price recorded on January 27th which later fell to Rs. 2685.
- The increase in rates by the end of the month marked a 7.10% incline.
Gold Rate Trend of Kannur in February 2016
- On the first day of the month, gold rates traded at Rs. 2,685 per gram.
- Prices were seen inclining through the month. The rates climbed to Rs. 2,872 by the 26th and remained the same till the end of the month.
- The month ended with a 6.96% increase.
Gold Rate Trend of Kannur in March 2016
- Gold rates continued to be the same from the end of February.
- Prices remained relatively constant.
- The highest price was recorded on March 24th when gold traded at Rs. 2,824.
- After all the fluctuations, the prices fell back to the same rate as the beginning of the month marking a 0% change for March.
Gold Investments In Kannur
Gold is considered to be more of an investment than a commodity in Kannur. Listed below are some of the most popular type of investments in gold.
- Bullion - Gold bullion bars and coins are usually prefered by individuals who wish to invest a lot of money in gold. People who invest in bullion, usually prefer to start with gold coins rather than gold bars as it is relatively less expensive than gold bars.
- Jewelry - Jewelry is probably the most popular form of gold investment in Kannur. Gold jewelry is not only seen as an investment in Kannur but it is also viewed as a symbol of status. The rate of gold jewelry is not only based on the rate of gold but also includes other charges such as making charges, wastage charges, etc and hence, will be more expensive.
- Market Trade - Though Jewelry is the most popular form of gold investment in Kannur, other investments such as ETFs has gained its own set of followers over the last couple of years. The attractive returns has pushed many people into investing in ETFs over jewelery.
- Also check: Gold Rate In Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kannur
|Gold Rate In Malappuram||Gold Rate In Thrissur||Gold Rate In Trivandrum|
|Gold Rate In Kochi||Gold Rate In Kozhikode||Gold Rate In Mangalore|
|Also Know: Silver Rate In Kannur|