*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price in Jaipur
Gold jewelry and gold ornaments are the primary forms of gold that are bought and sold in India. However, with a new wave of information, education and realization, gold is slowly starting to be thought of as a tradable commodity by the average Indian investor. In Jaipur, the largest city in Rajasthan, the demand and awareness of gold as a tradable commodity is on the rise. The “Pink City”, is an ancient city which is now home to over 3 million people. With the largest SEZ in the country and a growing population of highly educated young adults, the city and its population are perfectly poised to make full use of the benefits of investing in gold as a commodity.
Gold rate in Jaipur fluctuates because of various reasons over different intervals time.
Trend of Gold Rate in Jaipur for August 2017 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|August 1 Rate||Rs.3,003 per gram|
|August 31 Rate||Rs.3,056 per gram|
|Highest Rate in August||Rs.3,056 per gram on 30 & 31 August|
|Lowest Rate in August||Rs.2,979 per gram on 7 August|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|July 1 Rate||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|July 31 Rate||Rs.3,003 per gram|
|Highest Rate in July||Rs.3,079 per gram on 2 July|
|Lowest Rate in July||Rs.2,917 per gram on 11 July|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
July 2017 - Week 1 (1st to 9th)
- When trading began in Jaipur for July, gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,063 per gram.
- The 2nd saw gold rate in Jaipur, reach a monthly high of Rs.3,079 per gram as local demand surged considerably.
- There was a sudden and significant dip in rates, however, on the 3rd as they went down to Rs.3,016, marking a Rs.63 decline in a single day.
- This drastic change could be chalked up to the introduction of GST and the market’s reaction to the same.
- As investors remained cautious, gold price in Jaipur remained at Rs.3,016 for the rest of the week, till the 9th of July.
July 2017 - Week 2 (10th - 16th)
- Rates further dropped to Rs.2,993 per gram on the 10th as an unexpected positive US job data hit the market.
- Gold trading tanked massively on the 11th as it went down to Rs.2,917 per gram on the 11th as it went down by Rs.76 per gram.
- After hitting a monthly low on the 11th, prices increased marginally over the remaining days of the week.
- On the 12th, the yellow metal was trading at Rs.2,919 per gram - a rate which continued till the 15th of July as the market stabilised.
- Gold price in Jaipur went up to Rs.2,932 per gram on the last day of July week 2 as conflict between the US and North Korea led to dollar losing sheen.
July 2017 - Week 3 (17th - 23rd)
- Overnight trading cues made sure that gold price in Jaipur opened at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 17th of July.
- Rates remained at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 18th and the 19th of July due to sustained buying from local jewellers.
- Sensing some turbulence between India and China, gold rates surged to Rs.2,965 per gram on the 20th of July as people resorted to safe-haven investments.
- Gold rate in Jaipur went up to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 21st, thanks to sustained buying from jewellers in the city.
- On the last day of July week 3, gold prices surged significantly to end at Rs.3,024 per gram.
July 2017 - Week 4 (24th - 31st)
- Gold demand remained more or less stable during the last week of July 2017.
- On the 24th of July, gold was priced at Rs.3,024 per gram - which went down to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 25th due to a strengthening dollar.
- Price of gold in Jaipur remained unchanged on the 26th before increasing to Rs.3,003 per gram on the 27th of the month.
- For the remaining days of the month, gold rates remained at Rs.3,003 per gram, thanks to continued buying from jewellers in the city.
- Overall, the sudden fall in demand in the initial days of the month led to gold price trends in Jaipur falling by 1.95%.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|June 1 Rate||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|June 30 Rate||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest Rate in June||Rs.3,099 per gram from 7-10 June|
|Lowest Rate in June||Rs.3,047 per gram from 2-6 June|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
June ‘17- Week 1 (1 to 4)
- The gold price in Jaipur was on the decline in the first week of June as markets were stable and the U.S. dollar was on the ascent.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,065 per gram on 1 June though prices fell to Rs.3,047 per gram on 2 June.
- Prices remained constant till the end of the week due to stagnant demand from local jewellers.
- Gold ended the week trading at Rs.3,047 per gram on 4 June as international demand was on the decline, which also led to a reduction in domestic demand.
June ‘17- Week 2 (5 to 11)
- There was a jump in price in the second week of June due to increased demand following a period of market instability.
- Gold opened the week trading at Rs.3,047 per gram on 5 June but rose to Rs.3,099 per gram on 7 June due to a fluctuation in the markets, which led to an increased demand for the yellow metal.
- Prices were steady till 10 June due to consistent demand from the overseas industrial sector before falling to Rs.3,064 per gram on 11 June.
June ‘17- Week 3 (12 to 18)
- The third week of June saw the price of gold fluctuate towards the middle of the week as international markets recovered on positive news from the U.S. stock markets.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,064 per gram on 12 June, remaining unchanged from the previous week due to stable demand from both local as well as international markets.
- The implementation of GST and its impact on the Indian economy led to minor fluctuations in stock prices, but these did not have much of a bearing on the gold price in Jaipur.
- Gold fell towards the middle of the week, trading at Rs.3,050 per gram on 16 June due to a dip in demand from jewellers as well as lowered retail demand.
- The week ended on 18 June with gold continuing to trade at Rs.3,050 per gram.
June ‘17- Week 4 (19 to 25)
- The week began with gold prices remaining constant from the previous week, trading at Rs.3,050 per gram on 19 June.
- There was no change in the price in spite of fluctuating markets as higher demand from both international and domestic markets kept gold prices stable.
- Jewellers increased demand in the run-up to GST being implemented even though overseas demand was slightly muted due to a rising U.S. dollar.
- Overseas demand rose marginally as the week ended, but the gold rate was not impacted, resulting in gold trading at Rs.3,050 per gram on 25 June.
June ‘17- Week 5 (26 to 30)
- The last week saw no change in the price of gold as demand was stagnant.
- Gold price in Jaipur was at Rs.3,050 per gram on 26 June and the price remained constant till 29 June on the back of renewed demand from both retail and industrial sectors in India.
- Expecting favourable U.S. jobs data, international markets were on the rise, which led to reduced demand from those sectors.
- Asian demand was also muted due to ongoing political crises in the region, though there were signs of an improvement in industrial demand towards the end of the week.
- Gold rate in Jaipur rose to Rs.3,063 per gram on 30 June as markets dropped sharply before the implementation of GST.
|Parameters||Gold price (24karat)|
|May 1st Rate||Rs.3,058 per gram|
|May 31st Rate||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|Highest Rate in May||Rs.3,065 per gram on the 31st of May|
|Lowest Rate in May||Rs.2,976 per gram on 11th and 16th May|
May 2017 - Week 1 (1st-7th):
- When the month of May started, gold was priced at Rs.3,058 per gram - which was comparatively low compared to the last two weeks of April.
- Gold rates took a hit during this week as stock prices rose and subsequently so did the US dollar.
- Despite not seeing too much of a drop over the first couple days, gold prices were heading for a significant low as US dollar strengthened.
- On 2nd, gold prices went up to Rs.3,061 per gram as there was a tiny bit of demand for the precious metal.
- After seeing little to no change on the 3rd and the 4th, gold prices slumped massively on the 5th to hit Rs.3,001 per gram on the 5th - a whopping Rs.60 decrease.
- The fall as seen on the 5th was the single largest per-day gold price fall since the November of 2016, which was brought about due to low demand in various European markets.
- On 6th, gold prices went down by Re.1 to Rs.3,000 per gram and remained unchanged when the week came to an end on the 7th.
May 2017 - Week 2 (8th-14th):
- When the second week of May began, gold prices remained largely firm around Rs.3,000 range as Emmanuel Macron emerged victorious in the French presidential elections.
- If Macron had been defeated, possibility of France exiting the EU would have surfaced, which would have led to a stock market meltdown.
- On the 8th of May, gold was priced at Rs.3,000 per gram. This rate sustained till the end of the 10th as French election results stabilised the market and thereby the demand for gold.
- The 11th, however, saw prices dip to a monthly low of Rs.2,976 per gram as a relatively stable global outlook brought demand for the metal down.
- Rates remained at the same level till the end of the week i.e., the 14th at Rs.2,976 per gram as bullion demand was at its sluggish best.
May 2017- Week 3 (15th - 21st):
- When the third week of May began - on the 15th - gold was still priced at Rs.2,976 per gram.
- But, prices rose over the subsequent days as retail sales dipped in the US, which led to a drop in the US dollar.
- On the 16th, gold was trading at Rs.2,997 per gram - a Rs.21 increase from the previous day’s prices.
- Gold prices went up again on the 17th to reached Rs.3,029 per gram as rumours that Federal Reserve might possibly increase the interest rate two more times this year.
- However, demand sustained over the next few days to keep gold prices at Rs.3,029 per gram.
- When the week came to an end, gold was still trading at Rs.3,029 per gram.
May 2017 - Week 4 (22nd - 28th):
- The fourth week of May witnessed some price fluctuations as there was no stable demand for the precious metal.
- When trading began on the 22nd, gold was priced at Rs.3,043 per gram which trickled onto the 23rd as well.
- The 24th, however, saw prices slump slightly down to Rs.3,035 per gram and continue at the same rate on the 25th.
- Prices went up to Rs.3,050 per gram - a Rs.15 increase - which came as a breather, thanks to a weakened dollar.
- Rates didn’t change for the next two days as there was little to no demand till the end of the week.
May 2017 - Week 5 (29th - 31st):
- Buoyed by a fall in the US dollar rate, gold prices started the 29th at Rs.3,060 per gram as it inclined by Rs.10 from the previous day.
- The next day, i.e., the 30th saw no change in prices as demand didn’t change much due to a stable market.
- However, the last day of May saw prices go up slightly to Rs.3,065 per gram to end the month on a relatively high note.
- Gold rates in Jaipur inclined at a marginal rate of 0.22% for the month of May.
|April 1st Rate||Rs.3,043 per gram|
|April 30th Rate||Rs.3,058 per gram|
|Highest Rate in April||Rs.3,118 per gram from 14th April to 16th April|
|Lowest Rate in April||Rs.3,038 per gram on 10th and 11th April|
April ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 9th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,043 per gram on the 1st of April in Jaipur. This rate was steady until the 4th of April on account of dovish tone regarding rate of interest from the U.S. Federal Reserve along with sluggish economic data from the U.S.
- The rate of gold increased on the 5th of April marginally to trade at Rs.3,064 per gram due to increased demand for this precious metal from international as well as domestic markets. This rate was noted the next day as well.
- However, this demand could not be sustained and gold rate reduced to trade at Rs.3,060 per gram from the 7th of April until the end of the 1st week of the month.
April ‘17 - Week 2 (10th to 16th)
- There were a few variations noted in the price of gold as the month progressed, due to fluctuations in demand.
- Gold traded at a monthly low of Rs.3,038 per gram on the 10th and 11th of April due to a higher dollar value. However, as numerous geopolitical issues increased the safe-haven demand for this metal, the value of gold gradually increased as the week progressed.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,050 per gram on the 12th of April and increased to trade at Rs.3,092 per gram on the 13th.
- Between the 14th to the 16th, gold traded at Rs.3,118 per gram which was the highest at which this metal was priced for the month of Apri.
April ’17- Week 3 (17th to 23rd)
- The demand for this metal could not be sustained and the rate of gold reduced marginally to Rs.3,117 per gram from the 17th of April. This rate was also noted on the 18th of April.
- As the week progressed, the rate of this metal continued to reduce although the variation was not very drastic.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,113 per gram from the 19th of April until the end of the week due to sustained demand from jewellers. Due to a rise in the value of the rupee on the 20th, gold buyers were presented with a good opportunity to purchase this metal.
April ’17- Weeks 4 (24th to 30th)
- On the 24th of April, gold traded at Rs.3,097 per gram and then reduced by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.3,087 per gram and was steady at this price on the 26th of April as well.
- The rate of gold plunged to Rs.3,058 per gram on the 27th as Emmanuel Macron, a centrist candidate won the first round of the French Presidential election, thus boosting the prices of stocks.
- Gold continued to trade at Rs.3,058 per gram until the 30th of April recording a incline of 0.49% in the price of gold as compared to the beginning of the month.
|March 1st Rate||Rs.3,080 per gram|
|March 31st Rate||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Highest Rate in March||Rs.3,080 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest Rate in March||Rs.2,974 per gram from 15th to 17th of March|
March ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 5th)
- Gold price opened at Rs.3,080 per gram on the 1st of March in Jaipur due to high demand for this precious metal.
- This rate was maintained the next day as well on account of steady demand. This was also the highest at which gold traded for the month of March.
- However, the rate of gold in Jaipur fell marginally the next day due to slight recovery in the rate of the U.S. Dollar to trade at Rs.3,056 per gram.
- This rate was noted until the end of the first week of March due to steady demand.
March ‘17 - Week 2 (6th to 12th)
- Gold price in Jaipur was steady at Rs.3,056 per gram on the 6th and 7th of March before rising to Rs.3,062 per gram on the 8th of March.
- However, this price could not be sustained on account of a reduction in demand and hence the rate of gold fell to Rs.3,044 per gram on the 9th of March. Rate of gold was steady at Rs.3,044 per gram on the 10th as well.
- As the week progressed, price of gold continued to fall to trade at Rs.3,023 per gram on the 11th of March.
- There were no other variations noted in gold rate for the rest of the week as gold rate continued to trade steadily at Rs.3,023 per gram until the end of the week.
March ’17- Week 3 (13th to 19th)
- Rate of gold in Jaipur was Rs.3,023 per gram which was a continuation of the price seen during the end of the second week of March.
- On the 15th of March demand for gold fell to an all-time low resulting in the reduction of gold rate. This precious metal traded at Rs.2,974 per gram on the 15th and was steady at this rate until the 17th of March.
- On the 18th, rate of gold recovered to trade again at Rs.3,023 per gram and stayed steady at this rate until the end of the week.
March ’17- Week 4 (20th to 26th)
- On the 20th of March, gold rate in Jaipur was Rs.3,028 per gram which was a marginal recovery from that of the previous week’s prices.
- However, this rate could not be sustained and the rate of gold fell by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.3,018 per gram.
- A recovery in demand for this precious metal and positive cues from markets abroad resulted in the rate of gold shooting up to Rs.3,060 per gram.
- There were minor variations noted in the rate of gold during the fourth week of March.
- Rate of gold fell by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.3,050 per gram and stayed steady at this price until the end of the week.
March ’17- Week 5 (27th to 31st)
- There was a marginal recovery noted in the rate of gold on the 27th of March wherein this precious metal traded at Rs.3,065 per gram before falling to Rs.3,060 per gram on the 28th of March.
- Rate of gold fluctuated between Rs.3,045 per gram to Rs.3,049 per gram between the 29th and 30th of March.
- Demand for gold could not be sustained resulting in gold trading at Rs.3,029 per gram which was a decline of 1.65% as compared to the rate noted at the beginning of the month.
|February 1st Rate||Rs.3,035 per gram|
|February 28th Rate||Rs.3,095 per gram|
|Highest Rate in February||Rs.3,101 per gram from 25th-27th February|
|Lowest Rate in February||Rs.3,034 per gram on 1st & 2nd February|
February ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 5th)
- The price of gold in Jaipur was more or less constant in the first week of February as demand was muted due to flat local demand.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,035 per gram on 1st February, with the price rising to Rs.3,038 per gram on 2nd February.
- International trends reflected an increase in the price of gold due to continuing market volatility over the U.S. Fed Reserve meeting, but prices in Jaipur remained low.
- Gold prices fell to Rs.3,034 per gram on 4th February as local demand slid, with the price remaining unchanged till the end of the week.
- Gold prices fell by Re.1 per gram in the first week.
February ‘17 - Week 2 (6th to 12th)
- The second week saw a jump in price due to an increase in industrial demand, with gold trading at Rs.3,044 per gram on 6th February.
- The price of gold rose significantly, trading at Rs.3,075 per gram on 7th February as markets were shaken by geopolitical moves in the United States of America.
- Prices fell slightly as the U.S. Dollar picked up pace, trading at Rs.3,068 per gram on 11th February.
- Prices dipped further as the week ended, with gold trading at Rs.3,048 per gram on 12th February due to a sudden dip in demand.
February ’17- Week 3 (13th to 19th)
- Prices in the third week of February fluctuated due to continued instability as a result of political policy decisions rattling U.S. markets.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,044 per gram on 13th February, with the price remaining unchanged till the middle of the week.
- The price rose marginally to Rs.3,045 per gram on 16th February before climbing to Rs.3,070 per gram as the U.S. Dollar plunged due to continued short-trading.
- Prices remained constant as local demand was stagnant and international demand was also muted.
- Gold ended the week trading at Rs.3,070 per gram on 19th February, recording a Rs.26 per gram increase in price over the week.
February ’17- Weeks 4 & 5 (20th to 28th)
- Prices were unchanged as the fourth week began, before prices rose due to an increase in industrial demand.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,070 per gram from 20th-24th February as prices did not change due to minimal increases in demand.
- Gold reached a monthly high of Rs.3,101 per gram on 25th February as U.S. markets fell on the possibility of a renewed travel ban and its impact on the economy.
- Gold prices stayed high till 27th February, before falling to close the month at Rs.3,095 per gram on 28th February, recording a 1.97% increase in gold prices during the month.
|January 1st Rate||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|January 31st Rate||Rs.3,017 per gram|
|Highest Rate in January||Rss.3,060 per gram on 23rd and 24th of January|
|Lowest Rate in January||Rs.2,841 per gram on 10th and 11th of January|
January ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 7th)
- Gold traded at Rs.2,893 per gram on the first day of the new year due to a reduction in demand for gold throughout the country and overseas. This price was constant until the next day.
- There was a marginal reduction in the rate of gold as the week passed to Rs.2,888 per gram. This rate was steady until the 5th of January.
- However, during the last two days of the week, there was a marginal increase noted in the rate of gold.
- On the last day of the week, gold traded at its highest for the first week of january at Rs.2,973 per gram for 24 karat gold.
- Increase in demand could be attributed to the rise in gold rate.
January ‘17 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- Continuing from the previous week, the rate of gold was Rs.Rs.2,937 per gram from the 8th of January until the 9th of January.
- Price of gold slightly reduced the next day to trade at Rs.2,841 per gram on the 10th and 11th of January due to fluctuating demands.
- There was a marginal rise noted in the rate of gold over the next few days wherein the rate of gold was steady at Rs.2,990 per gram.
- Rumours of U.S Fed rate hike kept the market on its toes and led to a lot of market fluctuations.
January ’17- Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- Gold rates continued to soar, as market conditions and higher demand led to investors taking an interest in the metal.
- The price of gold was Rs.2,990 per gram on the 15th but rose up to Rs.3,023 per gram the next day.
- Rate of gold was was Rs.3,034 per gram on the 17th and stayed steady at this rate until 20th of January.
- Price of gold reduced by Rs.3,024 per gram the next day on the 21st of January which was also the end of week 3.
- Consistent demand from the industrial sector as well as higher trading in gold bonds kept prices steady for the rest of the week.
- The upcoming handover of the presidency in the United States and uncertainty over policy changes led markets to dip.
January ’17- Weeks 4 & 5 (22nd to 31st)
- The last two weeks of January saw fluctuations in the price of gold due to market and political factors.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,024 per gram on 22nd January.
- The rate of gold shot up to Rs.3,060 per gram which was the highest rate at which gold traded during the month of January in Jaipur.
- Domestic demand was also high, as demand from the industrial sector rose.
- Gold dropped to Rs.3,029 per gram on 28th January as the executive order banning immigration from certain countries to the United States was announced which had an impact on the market.
- Gold closed at Rs.3,017 per gram on the last day of January noting a rise of 4.28% in the rate of gold.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Jaipur
|Gold Rate In Jodhpur||Gold Rate In Kota||Gold Rate In Udaipur|
- Also Check:Gold Rate in Rajasthan
|Also Know: Silver Rate in Jaipur|
Read more on Gold
- Best Time To Buy Gold 2017
- How To Buy Gold Coins/Bars (Bullion) Online
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- All That You Need To Know About The Gold Monetization Scheme
- Gold Rates Fluctuation – Why Gold Is On A Roller Coaster Ride
- Trading Gold Through Mcx
- For more related news /update on gold price visit: Gold News