*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Trivandrum
Trivandrum, the capital of Kerala, is among the largest markets for gold in the country. The city has been a large consumer of gold from ancient times, and is known for the riches in gold in the famed Padmanabhaswamy Temple. The rulers of Kerala had always had an affinity toward gold which was also seen in the large populace. Gold rate in Trivandrum is therefore a benchmark of the gold rate trends in whole of Kerala.
Gold is primarily consumed in the form of jewellery and ornaments in Trivandrum. The city has a well-established gold market and also boasts of a large manufacturing industry that is intrinsic to Kerala. There are many dealers and jewellers based out of the city who have made a mark in both the national as well as global gold markets.
- Also Check: Importance of Gold in Kerala
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,972 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,056 per gram on 20-21 & 25-26 April||Rs.3,071 per gram on 14 & 15 May||Rs.3,040 per gram on 1 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,966 per gram from 1 – 3 April||Rs.3,019 per gram on 17 & 18 May||Rs.2,972 per gram on 30 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for April 2018:
- When trading commenced for the month, gold rate in Trivandrum was recorded holding at Rs.2,966 per gram on the 1st with domestic markets on the decline amid the weak trend overseas.
- The month saw gold prices increasing considerably with the US dollar index losing against other apex currencies on account of the poor US employment data.
- On the 20th, gold price in Trivandrum was recorded at a monthly high of Rs.3,056 per gram with investors banking on the bullion market amid the losing US dollar and equity markets.
- With trade war tensions between the US and China on the rise, demand remained steady for much of the month and gold was priced at Rs.3,050 per gram on the last day.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for May 2018:
- Gold rate in Trivandrum opened at Rs.3,050 per gram on the 1st as the month began with steady local demand from jewellers and retailers amid firm overseas trends.
- However, positive market sentiments ahead of the US-North Korean sentiments led to investors gravitating towards stocks. This led to gold price in Trivandrum plummeting to a monthly low of Rs.3,019 per gram on the 19th.
- Demand picked up towards the end of the month with trade relations between the US and China worsening and gold was recorded trading at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 31st amid firm global cues.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for June 2018:
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 1st with subdued but steady domestic demand amid the recovering US dollar and equities. This was also the highest monthly figure recorded at the capital.
- With the US dollar dominating against a basket of other currencies, demand for the safe-haven metal dropped over the next couple of weeks.
- The dollar surged further after the successful US-North Korean summit pushed equity market higher.
- The month concluded with gold price in Trivandrum holding at Rs.2,972 per gram on the 30th with poor local demand from industries, jewellers and retailers amid the weak market trend overseas.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,924 per gram||Rs.2,961 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,940 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,015 per gram on 25 January||Rs.2,993 per gram on 19 February||Rs.3,008 per gram on 28 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,909 per gram on 5 January||Rs.2,919 per gram on 8 to 12 February||Rs.2,945 per gram from 16 to 19 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for January 2018:
- When trading commenced for the month in Trivandrum, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 1st.
- Strong US dollar performances and good returns on equity market led to gold prices plunging to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 5th. This was also the lowest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- However, the next couple of weeks saw the greenback losing against a basket of other emerging currencies with the employment data reporting a drop in the number of jobs supporting the US economy during December 2017.
- Strong market trends coupled with steady domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries led to gold rates surging to Rs.3,015 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 25th.
- The month concluded with the precious metal prices holding steady at Rs.2,940 per gram on the 31st.
- Trivandrum recorded an incline of 0.54% in gold rates on account of the positive overseas trends that pushed demand at the domestic level during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for February 2018:
- The second month began with gold priced relatively higher at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 1st due to an increase in demand from the previous month’s session.
- Prices plunged to Rs.2,919 per gram on the 8th with the bullion losing against the strengthening US dollar and rising equities.
- Weak global cues coupled with poor domestic demand led to gold rates remain untouched at Rs.2,919 per gram until the 12th.
- However, demand seemed to pick up amid the ongoing local wedding season and gold was priced at Rs.2,993 per gram on the 19th. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- As the month came to an end, gold rates declined and consolidated at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 28th amid the recovering dollar and stock markets.
- Trivandrum witnessed gold prices dropping by 0.16% owing to the poor market trends that pushed rates lower during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for March 2018:
- The final month of the quarter began in Trivandrum with gold prices holding firm at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 1st with steady domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries.
- The next couple of week saw gold rates greatly influenced by the unevenly performing US dollar rates and equities before plunging to a monthly low of Rs.2,945 per gram on the 16th.
- Gold rates remained untouched at Rs.2,945 per gram until the 19th on account of poor domestic demand compounded with weak global cues.
- With trade relations deteriorating between the US and China towards the end of the month, demand for safe haven assets such as gold and silver skyrocketed. This led to gold prices in Trivandrum surging to Rs.3,008 per gram on the 28th.
- Demand, however, stabilised as the month came to an end and the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,966 per gram on the 31st with steady domestic demand coupled with firm overseas trends.
- Gold rates in Trivandrum surged by 0.33% on account of the strong global cues that pushed demand higher at the domestic level during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,921 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,937 per gram||Rs.2,909 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,977 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.2,986 per gram 18 to 22 November||Rs.2,931 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,931 per gram on 27 October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 5 November||Rs.2,786 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend In Trivandrum For October 2017:
- When trading opened in Trivandrum, gold was priced at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 1st of October.
- Demand remained low despite the imminent arrival of festive season during the month. This led to gold rate in Trivandrum plummeting to Rs.2,942 per gram on the 2nd with poor domestic demand for the metal.
- The rising tensions between the US and North Korea led to an increased demand for safe-haven assets such as gold. The precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th.
- Local demand surged with jewellers and retailers ramping up purchases ahead of the festive season. This led to gold price in Trivandrum rising to Rs.2,989 per gram on the 17th.
- The next few days witnessed gold rates plunging against the strengthening US dollar and rising equity markets. The bullion was recorded trading at Rs.2,952 per gram on the 28th amid the poor trend overseas.
- The month concluded with gold trading at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 31st with reduced domestic demand brought about by the strong US dollar index.
- Trivandrum saw gold rate in Trivandrum declining by 0.40% amid the uneven global cues and poor local demand during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend In Trivandrum For November 2017:
- The month began with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 1st with the US dollar recovering from the previous week’s losses.
- Gold price in Trivandrum plunged to Rs.2,932 per gram on the 4th with local demand taking a hit amid the strengthened US dollar and firmer equities.
- Gold rates, however, picked up with the political uncertainties in the Middle East pushing demand higher for safe-haven assets. The yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 7th.
- Strong demand by local jewellers, industries and retailers amid the positive trends overseas led to gold rates rising to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 18th.
- With the US economy recovering from the initial loss, the dollar gained against a basket of other emerging currencies. This led to gold price in Trivandrum plunging to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 23rd.
- The month ended with the bullion trading at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 30th with low but steady demand for the metal.
- Poor domestic demand brought about by the uneven global trends led to gold trade in Trivandrum decline by 0.16% during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend In Trivandrum For December 2017:
- The first week on December saw gold rate in Trivandrum greatly influenced by the ongoing sessions in the US Senate for approval of the landmark Republican tax bill.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,921 per gram on the 1st when the week began.
- The US dollar spiked with the approval of the country’s biggest tax reform bill in thirty years. This led to gold rate in Trivandrum plunging to Rs.2,877 per gram on the 8th before dropping further to Rs.2,862 per gram on the 9th.
- Reduced local demand brought about the poor trends overseas led to gold being priced at Rs.2,816 per gram – the lowest recorded monthly figure – on the 16th.
- However, the US dollar lost its ground with investors and traders speculating over the final result of the landmark tax bill on the US economy. The metal was priced at Rs.2,858 per gram on the 24th.
- The strong global trends coupled with an increased domestic demand from jewellers, industries and retailers led to gold rate in Trivandrum rising to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 29th.
- When trading concluded for the month, the bullion was recorded trading at Rs.2,909 per gram on the 31st with steady demand for the precious metal.
- Trivandrum recorded a loss of 0.41% due to the poor international trends that pushed local demand lower for the metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,926 per gram||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,925 per gram||Rs.2,971 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.2,999 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,102 per gram from 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,899 per gram on 3 August||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Trivandrum for July 2017
- When trading commenced for the month, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,930 per gram.
- On the 3rd, gold price in Trivandrum surged to Rs.2,970 - marking the highest recorded monthly figure - which continued on to the 5th with steady and sustained demand from local jewellers and industries.
- The newly approved 3% GST led to gold trade decline significantly. This led to gold rate in Trivandrum decline to touch the lowest monthly recorded figure of Rs.2,796 per gram on the 14th.
- Demand, however, picked up as the month progressed owing to a low dollar value. This resulted in the precious metal trading at Rs.2,860 per gram on the 27th.
- The US economy tanked with the dollar hitting a 13-month low on the 31st, pushing demand higher for the yellow metal.
- The month concluded with the bullion priced at Rs.2,872 per gram on the 31st. Gold rate trends witnessed a decline of 1.97% as the introduction of GST in the country resulted in a reduced local demand for the metal.
Gold rate trend in Trivandrum for August 2017
- Gold was trading at Rs.2,882 per gram, when the month began in Trivandrum.
- Safe-haven investments surged with the geopolitical tensions rising in the Korean peninsula and the United States, pushing demand higher for the precious metal. This resulted in gold prices rising to Rs.2,924 per gram on the 11th.
- Gold rate in Trivandrum fluctuated for much of the month with the dollar recovering from the initial shock. and the metal was priced at Rs.2,913 per gram on the 28th.
- However, global demand picked up with the continued aggression between the US and North Korea, and the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,958 per gram on the 30th.
- Trading concluded in Trivandrum with gold trading at Rs.2,941 per gram following a decline in industrial demand.
Gold rate trend in Trivandrum for September 2017
- The bullion trade commenced with the precious metal trading firm at Rs.2,941 per gram in Trivandrum.
- Global markets tanked soon after North Korea announced their most powerful nuclear weapon test to the world. This led an increased global demand, subsequently, pushing prices higher to Rs.3,038 per gram on the 9th.
- However, firm equities market and a stronger dollar value resulted in the Asian demand declining. This led to gold rates recording at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 21st.
- The imminent arrival Dussehra pushed demand higher for the precious metal with increased buying in the domestic bullion trade. This led to gold trading at Rs.2,975 per gram on the 27th.
- The US dollar edged higher with the possibility of a new Fed rate hike by the Federal Reserve as the month came to an end, and the gold was recorded trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 30th.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,000 per gram from April 22 to23||Rs.2,935 per gram from 1 to 2 May||Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 to 12 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,920 from April 1 to 3||Rs.2,885 per gram from 4 to 9 May||Rs.2,800 on 23 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for April 2017
- Gold rates in Trivandrum began the month of April on a high, thanks to a drop in US dollar’s exchange rate.
- On the 1st of April, gold was trading at Rs.2,920 per gram.
- As the US market performance was prevalent for much of April’s first week, gold prices saw a considerable increase - with the metal trading as high as Rs.2,950 per gram on the 7th.
- Prices, however, declined to Rs.2,930 per gram on the 9th as the US dollar seemed to strengthen, thereby affecting the trading prices locally.
- The fall in prices didn’t last long as major geopolitical issues involving the US, Syria, and North Korea took hold of the market.
- Due to the aforementioned issue, prices went up to Rs.2,965 per gram on the 12th and went up by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.2,975 per gram.
- Rupee rose by almost 6%, while gold prices increased by 12% during the year, which led to a the metal trading at a cheaper rate in the city.
- Gold prices reached their highest on the 22nd and the 23rd when it was trading at Rs.3,000, thanks to a steadily appreciating rupee.
- Demand for the metal fell towards the last few days of the month, which led to gold ending at Rs.2,935 per gram.
- Despite some falls during the latter half of April, gold prices increased by 0.51% for the month owing to some global and domestic factors.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for May 2017
- The first half of May was relatively sluggish with regards to gold trading prices as several markets flourished, while the US dollar also strengthened.
- On the 1st of May, gold was priced at Rs.2,935 per gram and went further down to Rs.2,855 per gram on the 4th as a result of this.
- Prices fell during the second and third week of May, meanwhile nearing 10-month lows in the international market.
- By the end of the 17th, gold prices had gone down to Rs.2,875 per gram but thanks to a drop in Asian markets, gold prices increased to Rs.2,915 per gram on the 18th.
- Rates remained in the sub-2,900 range and shuffled between Rs.2,915 per gram and 2,925 per gram during from the 23rd to the end of the month.
- On the last days of the month, gold was trading at Rs.2,915 per gram.
- Though there was consistent demand towards the end of May, gold price trends fell by 0.68% in Trivandrum.
Gold Price Trend in Trivandrum for June 2017
- Gold prices reached a monthly high in the international market at the beginning of the month. However, the same wasn’t reflected in local trading sessions.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,915 per gram but increased as geopolitical concerns regarding North Korea and Syria led to the US markets underperforming.
- By the 8th of the month, gold prices had gone up to Rs.2,945 per gram buoyed by a weak dollar and a strong local demand.
- Rates recorded from the 7th to the 12th, i.e., Rs.2,945 per gram was the highest for the month.
- As the US dollar strengthened, gold prices consolidated towards the second half of the month.
- When the month came to an end, gold was seen trading at Rs.2,930 per gram.
- Gold price trends went up by 0.51% in Trivandrum during this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,815 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from the 23rd to 26th of January||Rs.2,960 per gram from the 18th of February to 28th of February||Rs.2,960 per gram from 1st to 13th of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,815 per gram from the 1st to 3rd of January||Rs.2,935 per gram on 14th and 15th of February||Rs.2,860 on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend for Trivandrum in January 2017
- Owing to low local demand for this precious metal, gold traded at Rs.2,815 per gram on the 1st of January in Trivandrum. This rate was noted until the 3rd of January.
- A slight improvement was noted in the price of gold thereafter with gold being priced at Rs.2,860 per gram from the 5th of January until the 9th of January after which it further rose to Rs.2,880 per gram.
- The price of gold continued to increase as the month of January progressed. Between the 23rd of January and 26th of January, gold traded at Rs.2,970 per gram due to heavy and sustained demand for this metal. This was also the highest at which gold traded for the month of January.
- On the last day of January, gold closed at Rs.2,945 per gram, recording a rise of 4.61% in the rate of gold in Trivandrum.
Gold Rate Trend for Trivandrum in February 2017
- Rate of gold was unusually stable during the month of February in Trivandrum due to steady demand for this metal from both domestic as well as international markets.
- The rate of gold was stable at Rs.2,945 per gram from the 1st of February to the 13th of February.
- The rate of this precious metal reduced by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.2,935 per gram on the 14th and 15th of February after which it picked up. This was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month.
- From the 18th to the 28th of February, gold traded steadily at Rs.2,960 per gram. This was also the highest at which gold traded in Trivandrum during the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend for Trivandrum in March 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,960 per gram on the 1st of March in Trivandrum. Due to steady demand, this rate was noted until the 13th of March.
- This demand however, could not be maintained and the rate of gold fell the next day to trade at Rs.2,890 per gram and reduced even further to trade at Rs.2,860 per gram on the 15th of March. This was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month.
- The price of gold recovered slightly after that to trade at Rs.2,880 per gram and then rose to Rs.2,890 per gram the next day and continued at this rate until the 21st of March.
- Towards the end of the month, gold traded steadily at Rs.2,920 per gram until the end of the week, with a few minor fluctuations, recording a decline of 1.35% in the price of gold.
|1st day||Rs.3,115 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,905 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,815 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,115 per gram from 1st to 4th||Rs.3,135 per gram on 9th||Rs.2,905 per gram on 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,020 per gram from 8th to 11th||Rs.2,930 per gram on 25th||Rs.2,745 per gram on 16th|
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for October 2016
- On the 1st of October, gold was trading at Rs.3,115 per gram but fell down to as low as Rs.3,055 per gram by 5th due to lack of demand in the domestic market.
- Prices kept going down for the next few days but posted a slight increase when gold rates went up to Rs.3,030 per gram by 12th.
- After considerable fluctuations, gold prices again increased to reach Rs.3,040 per gram by 20th October.
- The last two week of October didn’t see too much of a change in price trends.
- At the end of the month, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,055 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for November 2016
- November was a month of two halves for gold with the first half seeing positive growth while the second playing host to massive decrease in prices.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.3,055 per gram which went up to .3,110 per gram by the 5th as the impending US election results brought about a frenzied activity in the world market.
- Prices went down despite the fact Donald Trump’s appointment as US president brought markets crashing around the world.
- By the end of the month, gold prices stabilized for the metal to trade at Rs.2,945 per gram.
- All the global and domestic events brought a change of -3.60% in gold rates over the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Trivandrum for December 2016
- The last month of Q4 2016, started with gold selling at Rs.2,905 per gram.
- As the effects of cash crunch was still reeling, prices seemed to go down for much of the month
- By the 10th of the month, gold prices had gone down to Rs.2,810 per gram.
- As demand seemed to see no improvement, gold prices further went down to Rs.2,745 per gram on the 16th.
- Prices improved over the last few days owing to the imminent arrival of new year.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,815 per gram, thereby clocking a decline of -3.09% for the month of December.
|1st day||Rs.3,000 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,135 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on the 18th and 19th of July||Rs.3,140 per gram from 25th to 30th August||Rs.3,160 per gram on 7th November and on 25th and 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on the 1st of July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 1st August||Rs.3,120 per gram on 2nd and 19th September|
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,000 per gram on the 1st of July and increased by Rs.120 on the 2nd to hit Rs.3,150 per gram.
- Prices fluctuated until the 17th when they soared to Rs.3,167 per gram – the highest recorded rate in July.
- Despite fluctuations over the course of the month, stability was achieved on quite a few number of days.
- Prices were stable at Rs.3,060 between the 23rd and 27th of July, and at Rs.3,092 per gram between the 28th and 31st.
- The overall increase in prices between the start and end of August wasover 3%.
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,092.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,112 on the 2nd and stayed unchanged until the 5th.
- The highest recorded rate of gold in the month of August was on the 5th when they touched Rs.3,210 per gram.
- Stability was achieved for most parts of the month and the highest rate of gold in the August was recorded between the 25th and 30th when they touched Rs.3,140 per gram.
- The precious metal closed the month trading at Rs.3,130 per gram, and the overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was 1.23%.
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram on 1st September.
- Prices remained stable after every incline, and the highest rate in the month was recorded on the 7th and the 25th and 26th when they soared to Rs.3,160 per gram.
- Gold closed the month trading at Rs.3,135 per gram and the overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was a mere 0.16%.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs. 2,985|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs. 2,895 per gram||Rs. 2,990|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,025 per gram on April 30.||Rs. 3,025 per gram May 1st to 3rd||Rs. 3,050 per gram on 25th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,852 per gram on April 4.||Rs. 2,885 per gram on May 30th||Rs. 2,935 per gram on 9th June|
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in April 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,872 per gram on April 1st but soon picked up after the jewellers’ strike was called off.
- Fresh demand gave gold rates a boost after its stagnant state in March.
- Gold rates rose to Rs. 3,025 per gram on April 30th.
- By the end of the month, gold rates had increased by 5.32%.
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in May 2016
- Gold rates for the month of May started well at Rs. 3,025 per gram.
- The U.S. Federal Reserve released the minutes of its meeting which indicated a rate hike might soon be place in hopes of a stronger dollar and a growing U.S. economy.
- The expectations of an interest rate hike did not bode well for gold investors and demand took a hit and prices slipped.
- The month ended with a 4.29% decrease.
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in June 2016
- The rate of gold was steady at Rs.2,985 per gram throughout the first week of June.
- During the first half of the second week of June, price of gold continued to remain steady at Rs.2,985 per gram before reducing further.
- On the 9th and 10th of June, gold rate decreased to Rs.2,935 per gram.
- Price of gold rose to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 11th.
- Gold rate stayed steady at Rs.2,955 per gram on the first three days of the week.
- An increase of Rs.20 was noted in the price of gold and stayed steady at Rs.2,975 per gram until the end of the week.
- Gold rate was steady at Rs.2,975 per gram until the 21st after which prices reduced by Rs.20 again.
- On the last day of the week, gold rate increased to Rs.3,050 per gram.
- Price of gold was steady at Rs.3,050 per gram until the 29th after which gold rate declined even further.
- Price reduced by Rs.50 on the 29th and reduced even further to close at Rs. 2,990 per gram on the 30th.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,507 per gram||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,688 per gram on January 27th to 28th||Rs. 2,872 per gram from February 26th to 29th||Rs. 2,907 per gram on March 8th|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,507 on January 1st to 3rd||Rs. 2685 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,822 per gram on March 29th|
|Change||+ 7.10 %||+6.96%||0%|
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in January 2016
- January opened at Rs. 2,507 and experienced a rising trend through the month.
- With an influx of demand in the domestic and international markets, prices rose by 7.10% by the end of January.
- The highest rate recorded for the month was on January 27th at Rs. 2,688 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in February 2016
- Gold rates were at Rs. 2,685 per gram on February 1st.
- Prices rose at the beginning of the month but stabilized to a more constant rate at the end.
- Gold reached its peak for the month on 26th at Rs. 2,872 per gram.
- Gold rates increased by 6.96% in Trivandrum by the end of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Trivandrum in March 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,872 per gram on March 1st.
- Prices remained constant due to a nationwide strike by the jewellers in India.
- Global demand kept prices stable with no major falls or rises in the gold rates.
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,824 March 24th, the highest rate for the month.
- By the end of the month, rates dipped again to Rs. 2,872 per gram.
Details of Gold Price in Trivandrum (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till September 2015
Gold rate in Trivandrum for the year 2015 (till September 30th) for both 22 karat and 24 karat varieties are discussed below:
22 karat gold (price per gram): Gold rate in Trivandrum for 22 karat purity was Rs.2,510 at the start of the year on 1st January 2015. Prices appreciated over the next 3 weeks and touched Rs.2,650 as on 21st January, the highest rate for the year so far. February saw a general downward slide in prices which started at Rs.2,640 and ended at Rs.2,500. In March, rates stayed at more or less the same level at the start and end of the month. Prices slid to sub-Rs.2,500 levels and reached a bottom of Rs.2,425 on 18th march, before recovering to Rs.2,462 by month-end. Prices appreciated in the months of April and May, with per gram gold priced at Rs.2,535 on 31st May. June again saw a downward slide in prices which bottomed out at Rs.2,485 by 30th June. July saw massive drop in rates owing to global cues and prices slid to Rs.2,360 by end of the month. August saw steep recovery in rates which touched Rs.2,560 on 25th August. Gold prices in September were stable, with end of month price at Rs.2,460.
24 karat gold (price per gram): 24 karat gold rate was priced at Rs.2,713 at the start of the year. This increased steeply over the next few days to reach Rs.2,859 on 22nd January, the highest rate so far in 2015. From then, prices went on a downward spiral and reached a low of Rs.2,617 on 19th March. Prices then appreciated over the next couple of months and touched Rs.2,791 on 19th May, the 2nd highest gold rate this year. Prices remained at the same levels in the month of June, while July saw the most sustained drop in gold rates in the last 5 years. Prices bottomed out on August 7th at Rs.2,504 but made a comeback to end the month at Rs.2,666. Gold rate at the end of September was Rs.2,653.
Gold buying patterns in Trivandrum
Gold is largely sold in its physical form in the city.
Physical gold: Jewelleries and ornaments are quite popular in the city and some of the largest jewellers in the country have significant presence in the city. Apart from jewelleries, gold bullion can also be purchased in the city from reputed dealers, while coins can be purchased from dealers and banks.
- Also Check: Buy Gold On Onam
Traded gold: Gold is also traded through spot and futures contracts. These contracts are available online and prospective buyers can purchase gold at market rates which will be delivered to them as per the contract terms.
- Also Check:Gold Rate in Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Trivandrum
|Gold Rate In Kochi||Gold Rate In Kozhikode||Gold Rate In Kannur|
|Gold Rate In Malappuram||Gold Rate In Thrissur||Gold Rate In Tirunelveli|
|Also Know: Silver Rate in Trivandrum|
Read more on Gold
- Gold and Devaluation – A Relationship
- Basic Highlights of The Gold Schemes Launched in 2015
- Hallmark, KDM and 916 Varieties of Gold
- Tips for Buying Gold Jewellery
- Gold Rates Trend in 2015