*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold rate in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh is a centrally located state in India which is extremely rich in culture and boasts of various folk music and dance forms. Due to the cultural strength and heritage in the country and the vivacious lifestyle, clothing and jewelery, gold is an integral part of their culture. However, in Chhattisgarh similar to other states in the country the rates are based on the prices around the region and fixed on the basis of the gold rates from the other parts of the country. Here, you will read about the general trend and rates of gold in the state.
Gold Rate Trend in Chhattisgarh for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Chhattisgarh for April 2017
- There was a gradual rise in the price of gold in April in Chhattisgarh, with gold opening the month at Rs.2,956 per gram and rising to Rs.2,983 per gram on 5 April.
- A momentary increase in the U.S. dollar rate led to a drop in demand for the metal, as it traded at Rs.2,954 per gram on 9 & 10 April.
- Local demand and higher demand from jewellers led to a rise in the price of gold, which traded at Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April.
- The fluctuating U.S. dollar rate as well as the volatile markets helped keep demand for gold high as the geopolitical crises in the country adversely affected the markets.
- Prices remained high before falling to Rs.2,964 per gram on 26 April as a late rally by stock markets led to a drop in demand.
- Gold recovered marginally as the month ended, with gold priced at Rs.2,984 per gram on 30 April.
Gold rate trend in Chhattisgarh for May 2017
- Gold prices were on the decline due to various market forces such as the upcoming French presidential election, with the metal opening at Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May.
- Prices dipped to Rs.2,899 per gram on 6 & 7 May as the U.S. dollar rose following favourable market cues and overseas demand for the precious metal fell.
- Demand continued to be poor as European markets were also high, resulting in a reduction in orders as gold traded at Rs.2,890 per gram on 15 May.
- An increase in local demand led to prices rising to Rs.2,954 per gram on 20 May, rising further to Rs.2,963 per gram on 24 May following the attack in Manchester.
- Demand for gold rose due to uncertainty after the terrorist attack with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on 29 May and settling at Rs.2,963 per gram on 31 May.
Gold rate trend in Chhattisgarh for June 2017
- The price of gold was steady and rising at the start of June, trading at Rs.2,985 per gram on 1 June before rising to Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June due to a fluctuating U.S. dollar rate.
- Prices fell as U.S. jobs data was more favourable than anticipated, resulting in gold trading at Rs.2,975 per gram on 12 June.
- Overseas demand was muted due to stable markets though the U.S. dollar rate remained low, falling to Rs.2,940 per gram on 20 June.
- Gold prices began to rise after a sustained period of low trading as the metal sold at Rs.2,977 per gram on 26 June.
- Demand dropped in spite of volatile stock markets as industrial offtake was poor, with gold ending the month at Rs.2,967 per gram on 30 June.
Gold Rate Trend in Chhatisgarh for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.2,940 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,978 per gram on 23rd January||Rs.3,014 per gram on the 25th and 26th of February||Rs.2,994 per gram on the 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,944 per gram on the 4th and 5th of February||Rs.2,900 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Chhatisgarh for January 2017:
- When January began in Chhatisgarh, gold was trading at Rs.2,821 per gram, which increased over the next few days as the US dollar weakened amidst Donald Trump’s monetary policies.
- Demand for the metal was so strong that prices had gone up to Rs.2,876 per gram when the 9th came to an end.
- The 10th saw prices go up again - to Rs.2,892 per gram - as demand saw no signs of letting down.
- However, rates fluctuated over the subsequent 10 days as it ended at Rs.2,951 per gram on 20th.
- As demand was steady, gold prices increased over the last week as well and hit Rs.2,978 per gram - the highest gold rate for the entire month.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,954 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Chhatisgarh for February 2017:
- When February started, gold was trading at Rs.2,965 per gram.
- Prices seemed to fluctuate considerably as US federal reserve introduced a rate cut, which brought global bullion market down by a notch.
- Despite the fall in demand, gold prices seemed to be on the positive side as demand had built up quite a lot over the previous month.
- After some falls, gold prices hit their highest during the 25th and the 26th as the yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,014 per gram.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- Price trends in Chhatisgarh changed by 1.28% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Chhatisgarh for March 2017:
- In March, gold prices seemed to go down as demand from global bullion traders decreased.
- The lack of demand could be attributed the historic interest rate hike from the US Federal Reserve, which hiked the rate for the second time in a span of 2 months.
- The month started with gold trading at Rs.2,990 per gram but went down as demand slipped up amidst concerns over strengthening dollar.
- Gold rates hit their lowest on 15th, when the metal was trading at Rs.2,900 per gram as demand hit a new low.
- However, gold prices rallied by the end of the month to close at Rs.2,940 per gram, marking the beginning of a negative price trend.
- Rate trends changed by -1.67% for the month of March.
|1st Day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,067 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,892 per gram on the 2nd|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th and 16th||Rs.2,914 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on the 22nd|
Gold Rate Trend in Chhattisgarh for October 2016:
- When October began in Chhattisgarh, gold was trading at Rs.3,152 per gram but decreased gradually over the course of the week.
- On 3rd, prices were down to Rs.3,138 per gram and then to Rs.3,026 by the 9th.
- The next week saw prices stabilising as gold rates were holding at Rs.3,037 per gram on 13th.
- After much downslide in rates, prices picked up to close the 20th at Rs.3,053 per gram.
- At the end of the month, gold prices recovered slightly to trade at Rs.3,067 per gram.
- Overall, Chhattisgarh witnessed a change of -2.69% with regards to gold rate for October.
Gold Rate Trend in Chhattisgarh for November 2016:
- November was a rather tumultuous period for gold rates in India.
- For starters, the appointment of Donald Trump as US president sent the world market crashing leading to a surge in gold investments.
- The first 10 days of the month performed admirably picking up on the progres October had posted.
- However, PM Narendra Modi shocker with the introduction of demonetisation quelled the buyer sentiment brought on by US election results.
- The month started with gold trading at Rs.3,065 per gram which went up to Rs.3,119 per gram by the 6th.
- Slump in prices began on the 9th as rates dropped by nearly Rs.100 per gram from Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th to hit Rs.3,059 per gram on 12th.
- After much fluctuations, prices further dropped to Rs.2 986 per gram by the 19th.
- The last 10 days of November saw prices fluctuate as well as prices had gone down to as low as Rs.2,914 per gram by the 25th.
- November ended when gold rates were holding out at Rs.2,942 per gram.
- The month saw a change of -4.01% with respect to gold rates.
Gold Rate Trend in Chhattisgarh for December 2016:
- Although December was a better month for gold, it still saw prices go down.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,893 per gram and fluctuations to go down to Rs.2,864 per gram on 7th.
- There was still a massive cash crunch around the nation as Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes were invalidated.
- By the end of the 20th, prices were down to Rs.2,788 per gram.
- The onset of Christmas did little to improve gold rates as the price of the yellow metal went down to Rs.2,773 per gram due to the lack of demand.
- Prices were down to Rs.2,821 per gram at the end of the month.
- Gold rates decline by 2.48% for the month of December.
|1st day||Rs.3,127.50 per gram||Rs.3,215 per gram||Rs.3,132 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,148 per gram||Rs.3,169 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,224 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,195 on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,127.50 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,132 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in July 2016
- The lowest price for this quarter was witnessed on 1st July with gold trading at Rs.3,127.50 per gram.
- Post the Brexit vote, demand for gold picked up as the market stabilised.
- Gold prices climbed to Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July, the highest for this month.
- Prices increased by 2.77% this month on account of positive trends in the domestic and global markets.
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in August 2016
- Demand for gold was stable at the start of the month with the positive trends of July continuing to rule the market.
- Gold was seen trading at Rs.3,215 per gram on 1st August and by 3rd, it had climbed to its highest for the month, trading at Rs.3,224 per gram.
- Hawkish comments released by the U.S. Federal Reserve brought back high anticipation of the interest rate hike.
- Investors were reluctant when it came to gold and prices started to drop.
- Gold prices declined by 2.08% this month as demand for the metal was low.
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in September 2016
- Gold prices remained low at the start of the month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September.
- Demand started to pick up in the domestic market as jewellers increased their offtake to prepare to meet high demand during the festive season.
- The interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve was put on hold as the presidential elections were too close.
- The market outlook was bullish and demand for gold started to climb up.
- There was an increase of 1.18% in gold rates in September.
|1st day||Rs. 2,894 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,918 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,916 per gram on 31st of May||Rs.3,103 per gram on the 30th of June|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on the 30th of April||Rs. 3,073 per gram on 7th and 8th of May||Rs.3,180 per gram on the 27th of June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,876 per gram on 4th of April||Rs. 2,900 per gram on the 30th of May||Rs.2,911 per gram on the 3rd of June|
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in April 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,894 per gram on the 1st of April.
- Gold managed to rise to Rs. 3,069 per gram by the end of the month despite a lot fluctuation in the prices.
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in May 2016
- Expectations of a rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve pushed down gold prices as gold stood at Rs. 3,051 per gram in the second week of May.
- Gold hit the highest for the month at Rs.3,073 per gram on the 7th and 8th of May.
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,916 per gram on the 31st of May as a consequence of rising dollar.
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in June 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,918 per gram on the 1st of June.
- Gold hit the highest for the month at Rs.3,180 per gram on the 27th of June.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,103 per gram on the last day of June.
|1st day||Rs. 2,541 per gram||Rs. 2,714 per gram||Rs. 2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,964 per gram||Rs. 2,883 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,727 per gram on January 27th||Rs. 2,987 per gram on 26th of February||Rs. 2,994 per gram on 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on 2nd and 3rd of January||Rs. 2,714 per gram on 1st of February||Rs. 2,871 per gram on March 31st|
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,541 per gram on the 1st of January.
- Gold increased over the month as it hit the highest for the month at Rs.2,727 per gram on the 27th of January.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,710 per gram on the 31st of January.
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in February 2016
- Gold stood at Rs. 2,714 per gram on the 1st of February with a slight increase in the price.
- The price of gold further increased as gold hits its peak for the month on 26th of February at Rs. 2,987 per gram.
- Gold declined over the last three days and closed the month at Rs.2,964 per gram on the 29th of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Chhattisgarh in March 2016
- Gold price increased from 29th of February as gold held steady at Rs. 2,994 per gram on 1st of March.
- Low demand led to a further decline as gold was at its lowest for the month at Rs. 2,871 per gram on 28th of March.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.2,871 per gram on the 31st of March.
Details of Gold Price in Chhattisgarh (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till December 2015
Price of 22K gold as of December 18, 2015 is Rs. 2465 or US$37.1 in Chhattisgarh. Price of 24K gold as of December 18, 2015 is Rs. 2636.36 or US$39.68 in Chhattisgarh. Gold rates in Chhattisgarh are affected by the exterior issues which include both global and national economic events. Gold rates fell in August, mainly due to the global sentiments being at the time being weak for the gold market. Both China and India being two of the largest gold markets in the World also were hit as prices dropped and did not have the prior year’s impact of people rushing to buy gold. There were also concerns with the fall of Greece’s economy. Finally, it rose again to a Rs. 2546 during the months that saw the gold requirement through festivities such as Diwali and Dhanteras. It has fallen recently due to the end of the wedding season. 24K gold was priced around Rs. 2693 around the festive season.
Gold as an investment in Chhattisgarh
When it comes to a safe investment option, Gold is generally one of the first things that comes to one’s mind. In Chhattisgarh too the yellow metal is considered an investment option that is lower on risk factors, primarily based on the fact that it is highly affordable and culturally significant as mentioned before. Most families find this metal auspicious, and make it an integral part of their lifestyle especially in family functions such as weddings and Dhanteras season. gold definitely is the more expensive option when it comes to gold but it is an investment opportunity especially for people who are looking to build wealth over the years or through trading. Investors in this part of the country also find it an integral part of their investment portfolio along with stock market and mutual fund investments. Investors have various options for gold trading through gold contracts and physical gold.
Physical Gold: If you are buying gold in Chhattisgarh, you have a variety options. This includes buying gold coins from jewelers as well as banks who offer products that are variegated in prices based on individual’s investment requirement and budget. Gold ornaments include chains, anklets, earrings, amulets, nose rings and rings which serve both as an investment along with being an accessory. Gold statues of gods and goddesses are also popular in chhattisgarh, with their demand peaking during festivals and religious processions during Akshaya Tritiya and Ganesh chaturthi. Gold in banks are slightly more expensive. But then again you have the advantage of gold that is certified and checked and you can be assured about the purity.
Market Trade: In this state you can purchase One can purchase gold through the markets, with gold being traded in the National Multi Commodity Exchange, National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange and the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is apt for individuals willing to purchase gold in bulk, with the minimum trading limit being set at 1 kg in general. It a viable option for people who are well aware of the gold market and all that affects it.
Also Check Gold Prices in the Cities of Chhattisgarh
|Gold Rate In Bhilai||Gold Rate in Raipur|
Read more on Gold
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- Where To Buy Gold In India
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- All That You Need To Know About The Gold Monetization Scheme
- What Are Gold Futures?
News About Gold Rate in Chhattisgarh
Jewellers’ strike hits India’s gold imports in March
India’s gold imports fell by 80% in March 2016 owing to a 19-day strike by bullion traders and jewellers demanding rollback of the excise duty announced by the centre for FY 2016-17. The strike has, however, been called off.
India’s gold imports at $972.96 million in March 2016 witnessed a 80.4% decrease from $4,984.8 million imported in the corresponding period last year, according to Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
It may be recalled here that India is the largest importer of gold in the world at 1,000 tonnes. To tap into around 20,000 tonnes of gold in temples and households across India, the centre launched several gold schemes in November 2015.
21st April 2016
- For more related news /update on gold price visit: Gold News