*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Malappuram
In the Malappuram district there is a place called Nilambur. This is an interesting place because it is said to form a part of the much sought after Wynad goldfields. The place gold is divided in 2 primary zones with auriferous gravels in this region called ‘Pandipuzha-Chiyarpuzha zone’ and ‘Punnapuzha-Maruthapuzha zone’. the possibility of a golden gravel reserve of approximately 85 lakh cubic meters has been expected to be laying there. Due to the ever-increasing gold import costs in India the exploitation of this sort of deposit is being scrutinized by the nation’s Government. This place might end up being the gold hub someday, but as of today, we do not yet have the Road to this El Dorado in India.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,665 per gram||Rs.3,749 per gram||Rs.3,728 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,773 per gram||Rs.3,701 per gram||Rs.3,806 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,764 per gram from 25 October to 30 October||Rs.3,780 per gram on 3 November and 4 November||Rs.3,806 per gram on 29, 30, and 31 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,612 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,701 per gram on 13, 27, 28, 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,675 per gram on 14 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Malappuram from October 2019 to December 2019:
- In Malappuram, gold saw a major incline in its prices attributing to the ongoing tensions between the United States of America and China. The price of the metal opened the month at Rs.3,665 per gram and fluctuated throughout the month. However, at the end of the month, as the tensions persisted, traders shifted from the stock market to the bullion. The yellow metal was priced at its highest between 25 October to 30 October at Rs.3,764 per gram, closing at Rs.3,773 per gram.
- As the tensions between China and the United States of America eased with China inviting U.S. officials to their country to discuss the first phase of the deal, gold prices got hit. Investors, due to positive stock market trends and a rising dollar, shifted back to the market. Opening the month at Rs.3,749 per gram, the highest price of the metal was on 3 November and 4 November at Rs.3,780 per gram. However, by the end of the month, the price of the metal had decreased to Rs.3,701 per gram with a percentage decline of 1.28.
- In December, gold prices turned around recording an incline of 2.09% when compared to the previous month. Opening at Rs.3,728 per gram, the metal’s price was steady in the first three weeks of the month. However, with the tensions between Iran and the United States of America rising, the traders shifted to the bullion amidst a fragile market and a weak dollar. With United States President Donald Trump getting impeached, the price of the metal almost hit 7-year highs. The price closed the month at Rs.3,806 per gram with a percentage incline of 2.09%.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,302 per gram||Rs.3,402 per gram||Rs.3,738 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,381 per gram||Rs.3,749 per gram||Rs.3,665 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,428 on 20 July||Rs.3,770 per gram on 30 August||Rs.3,822 per gram on 5 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,271 per gram on 2 and 3 July||Rs.3,371 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,633 per gram on 21 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,113 per gram||Rs.3,119 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,134 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,302 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,140 per gram on 10 April||Rs.3,176 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,371 per gram on 26 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,082 per gram on 4,5 and from 19-21 April||Rs.3,082 per gram on 4 May||Rs.3,140 per gram on 1 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,077 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,255 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,229 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,113 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,229 per gram on 31 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,255 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,077 per gram on 1 and 2 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,113 per gram on 31 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2019:
- Interest in bullion picked up during the course of the month as overseas cues and a fluctuating U.S. dollar boosted demand after gold prices in Malappuram opened at Rs.3,077 per gram.
- Fears over the impact of Brexit and the U.S.-China trade war reduced risk sentiment as gold surged to Rs.3,124 per gram on 6 January, continuing to climb to Rs.3,140 per gram on 11 January.
- Gold remained steady despite a rising U.S. dollar rate on indications of a rate hike pause, trading at Rs.3,176 per gram on 17 January as local demand kept prices steady.
- A brief drop to Rs.3,161 per gram from 24-26 January as equities steadied was offset by renewed Sino-U.S. trade sanction fears, as the precious metal surged to Rs.3,229 per gram on 31 January.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for February 2019:
- After opening unchanged at Rs.3,229 per gram, gold rates in Malappuram surged to Rs.3,266 per gram from 5-7 February on steady local demand despite a fall in overseas offtake due to rising equity investments.
- The U.S. dollar gained as investors were rattled by global trade turmoil as the precious metal fell to Rs.3,224 per gram on 13 February but prices recovered to Rs.3,255 per gram on 19 February on increased local retail sales.
- Despite indications of an interest rate hike by the Fed, gold rose to Rs.3,302 per gram on 21 February as industrial and jeweller demand propped up prices, though volatility was rampant.
- Demand remained stagnant as local trade volumes failed to boost prices, resulting in the metal dropping to Rs.3,260 per gram on 23 February before marginally rising to Rs.3,271 per gram on 28 February.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for March 2019:
- Sluggish local and overseas bullion demand saw gold prices in Malappuram open at Rs.3,255 per gram and steadily drop as investors favoured riskier assets, with gold slipping to Rs.3,129 per gram on 8 March.
- Robust U.S. jobs data and positive indications from China bolstered global equities as the yellow metal’s value dropped to Rs.3,124 per gram on 16 March, despite the dollar rate stagnating.
- With no change in interest rates, the U.S. dollar was dented and bullion’s appeal rose as gold rose to Rs.3,140 per gram on 21 March.
- Prices plunged to Rs.3,098 per gram on 29 March as the delayed Brexit vote and a resolution to the Sino-U.S. trade crisis appeared imminent, though the metal recovered to end the month at Rs.3,113 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,987 per gram||Rs.3,098 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,108 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 25 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 5 November||Rs.3,108 per gram on 12 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,987 per gram on 1 October||Rs.2,977 per gram on 30 November||Rs.2,966 per gram on 1 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2018:
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,987 per gram when trading began for the month of October. During the month, the metal recorded high demand for gold as the trade war between US and China intensified causing volatility in the market.
- However, as the dollar declined and local demand was also high, gold rates continued to rise over the next few days.
- On 25 October, the gold price in Malappuram rose to Rs.3,119 per gram, the highest poit for the month.
- When the month ended, gold was priced at Rs.3,108 per gram as the price of the yellow metal rose by 4.05% for the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for November 2018:
- In November, gold opened at Rs.3,098 per gram but rates fell rapidly as demand declined due to a rise in the value of the dollar in correspondence to other currencies.
- The rupee too began to lose ground as the dollar rose, causing the price of the metal in the city to plummet further.
- Gold rates were on a gradual decline and hit its lowest point on 30 November when it stood at Rs.2,977 per gram.
- The month ended at Rs.2,977 per gram the value of the metal dipped by 3.90% negating all the gained achieved during the previous month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for December 2018:
- After the declining trend of gold rates in the previous month, December turned out to a positive period for gold.
- On the 1st of December, gold traded at Rs.2,966 per gram and a trade crisis in the US helped demand for safe-haven assets to rise.
- The start of the month recorded the lowest gold rates while the highest point for the metal was on 12 December when the metal stood at Rs.3,108 per gram.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.3,092 per gram, a 4.24 incline in prices in comparison to the previous month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,951 per gram||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.2,987 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,993 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,966 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,014 per gram on 20, 21, 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July||Rs.2,877 per gram on 4 August||Rs.2,945 per gram on 4 September|
Gold rate in Malappuram for July 2018
- When trading for gold commenced on 1 July, the price of the precious metal stood at Rs.2,951 per gram. Amid poor trend overseas, the demand for the metal was poor.
- In the following days, the price of gold inclined as the demand for the metal inclined from industrial units and retailers.
- On 11 July, gold hit a monthly high of Rs.2,993 per gram as the demand picked up.
- However, gold prices quickly declined in the following days as the value of the US dollar increased compared to a basket of apex currencies.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July. This was also the lowest gold rate recorded for the month.
- Overall, the trend of gold rates in Malappuram declined by 1.62% for the month of July.
Gold rate in Malappuram for August 2018
- Gold continued to trade at Rs.2,903 per gram on 01 August 2018. As the demand for the precious metal remained steady, prices remained unaffected on the first day of the month.
- The US employment data was released in the following days of the month and the value of the US dollar increased which pushed gold rates to fall in Malappuram.
- The lowest gold price for the month of July was recorded on 4 August when the price of the metal fell to Rs.2,877 per gram.
- The price of the metal further fell in the following data due to the ongoing political tension.
- Gold prices managed to rebound and hit a monthly high of Rs.2,966 per gram on 31 August.
- Though gold prices kept fluctuating throughout the month, the overall trend of gold rates in Malappuram for the month of August was an incline of 2.17%.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for September 2018
- Gold opened at Rs.2,956 per gram when trading for the metal commenced in September.
- On account of the festive season, gold rates in Malappuram surged in the following days.
- Though the demand for the metal remained steady, the price of the metal fell and hit a monthly low of Rs.2,945 per gram on 04 September.
- As the value of the US Dollar declined compared to other currencies, gold rates surged and hit a monthly high of Rs.3,014 per gram on 20, 21, 26, and 27 September.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,987 per gram and recorded an incline of 1.04% for the month of September.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for April to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,972 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,056 per gram on 20-21 & 25-26 April||Rs.3,071 per gram on 14 & 15 May||Rs.3,040 per gram on 1 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,966 per gram from 1 – 3 April||Rs.3,019 per gram on 17 & 18 May||Rs.2,972 per gram on 30 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for April 2018
- As the month began, gold prices were steady in Malappuram on consistent demand from retailers as well as industry and jewellers.
- Favourable market conditions resulted in the metal trading at Rs.2,966 per gram on 1 April, the lowest price for the month.
- Unstable equity markets and escalating tensions with China led to U.S. markets falling, as investors looked to gold as a steadying influence.
- Prices gradually rose during the month before reaching a monthly high of Rs.3,056 per gram on 20 April before settling at Rs.3,050 per gram on 30 April.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for May 2018
- The gold rate in Malappuram was on the decline during the month as local demand fell due to the strengthening dollar.
- The precious metal opened the month at Rs.3,050 per gram and maintained a steady rate before a rally by the dollar led to demand for the metal dropping sharply.
- Fears of a global trade war and economic slowdown due to the tariffs being imposed by United States and China led to markets being shaky, but interest in gold was poor.
- Geopolitical tensions in America as well as across Europe caused markets to be volatile, but gold gains were capped by the rising dollar.
- Prices fell towards the end of the month, as gold traded at Rs.3,040 per gram on sluggish demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for June 2018
- Gold prices in June were on the decline as the rising dollar coupled with a bullish market capped gold gains.
- The yellow metal trade at Rs.3,040 per gram when trading opened for the month, before plunging to Rs.2,998 per gram on 4 June due to the well-performing dollar.
- The summit between the leaders of the U.S. and North Korea was touted as a success, which further bolstered the dollar rate as gold prices tumbled on poor local and industrial demand.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,019 per gram on 16 June over fears of an economic slowdown in China due to the trade tariffs.
- Declining interest from overseas and local markets resulted in gold prices falling to Rs.2,972 per gram on 30 June.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.2,924 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.2,956 per gram
Rs.2,940 per gram
Rs.3,046 per gram
Rs.2,966 per gram
Rs.3,015 per gram on 25 January
Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February
Rs.3,008 per gram on 28 March
Rs.2,909 per gram on 5 January
Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February
Rs.2,945 per gram from 16-19 March
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2018:
- The first quarter of the year began with gold rates in Malappuram holding at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 1st with subdued but steady domestic demand amid the strengthening US dollar.
- The US dollar index rose against a basket of other major currencies amid rising equities in the international market. This led to gold rates plunging to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 5th amid the poor trend overseas.
- However, the next couple of weeks saw gold prices greatly influenced by the poor US jobs data that pushed the dollar lower.
- On the 25th, gold was recorded trading at Rs.3,015 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - with investors gravitating on safe-haven assets such as the bullion as a move to hedge against inflation concerns.
- The month came to an end with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,940 per gram on the last day as the dollar rose ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s monetary policy meeting.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for February 2018:
- The second month commenced with gold priced at Rs.2,961 per gram with the bullion capitalising on the back of the weakened US greenback and losing equities.
- However, an increase in the dollar values brought about by a stronger-than-expected inflation data led to gold rates plummeting to Rs.2,919 per gram on the 8th. This was also the lowest recorded monthly figure in Malappuram.
- Steady domestic demand coupled with weak global cues led to gold rates holding firm at Rs.2,919 per gram until the 12th.
- Thanks to an increase in investor demand over the next few days, gold prices surged to Rs.2,993 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 19th.
- Trading closed for the month with gold rates holding at Rs.2,956 per gram on the last day and Malappuram registered a loss of 0.16% in bullion trade during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for March 2018:
- Gold prices in Malappuram were recorded holding at Rs.2,956 per gram, when trading began for the final month of the quarter.
- Poor dollar performances coupled with losing equity markets led to gold rates improving over the next few weeks.
- However, with the US employment data reporting an incline in the number of jobs supporting the US economy, gold rates dropped to Rs.2,945 per gram on the 16th.
- Poor domestic demand compounded by weak trends overseas led to gold prices remaining unaltered at Rs.2,945 per gram until the 19th.
- With the dollar on a decline amid the poorly performing US equities, demand for the bullion picked up towards the end of the month.
- Trading concluded with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,966 per gram on the 31st and Malappuram recorded a profit of 0.33% in bullion trade during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,921 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,937 per gram||Rs.2,909 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,977 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.2,986 per gram 18 to 22 November||Rs.2,931 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,931 per gram on 27 October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 5 November||Rs.2,786 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2017:
- The month began with the bullion trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 1st amid firm trends overseas.
- A decline in domestic demand by local jewellers, industries and retailers despite the ongoing festive season led to gold prices declining to Rs.2,942 per gram on the 7th.
- However, with diplomatic relations between the US and North Korea deteriorating, gold rate in Malappuram surged to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th.
- Prices continued to rise due to the increased buying by local jewellers and retailers with the imminent arrival of the festive season. The precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,989 per gram on the 17th.
- However, with the US greenback regaining lost ground and the equities market performing well against the commodities, gold rate in Malappuram declined to Rs.2,952 per gram on the 28th.
- The month concluded with the bullion trading at Rs.2,942 per gram amid the poor overseas trends.
- Malappuram registered a loss of 0.40% in gold trade due to the strong US dollar index that pushed demand lower for the metal during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for November 2017:
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,942 per gram when the month began in Malappuram.
- Poor global trends brought about by the strong US dollar index and firmer equity markets led to gold ratein Malappuram declining to Rs.2,932 per gram on the 4th.
- The rising tensions in the Middle East resulted in an increased demand for safe-haven such as gold during the month. This led to the precious metal being priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 7th.
- On the 18th, gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,986 per gram with the US greenback losing against other major emerging currencies amid the ongoing US-North Korea conflicts.
- The US dollar, however, regained lost ground as the month progressed simultaneously bringing down gold rates to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 23rd.
- When the month ended, the bullion was recorded trading at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 31st with Malappuram registering a loss of 0.16% in gold trade during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for December 2017:
- The last month of the quarter opened with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,921 per gram on the 1st.
- Prices plunged to Rs.2,877 per gram on the 8th which dropped further to Rs.2,816 per gram on the 9th. The reason for the decline in prices was strongly due to a rise in the US dollar with the approval of the Republican tax bill by the US Senate.
- Gold rates in Malappuram continued to decline as the month progressed with the greenback strengthening ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s monetary policy during the month.
- On the 16th, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,816 per gram amid the poor overseas trends.
- However, the Fed rate hike seemed to backfire on the country’s economy and gold was priced at Rs.2,858 per gram on the 24th.
- With the Asian stocks failing against the new US tax cuts, gold rates surged to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 29th.
- Steady domestic demand coupled with firm global trends resulted in prices remaining untouched at Rs.2,909 per gram for the remainder of the week.
- Malappuram recorded a decline of 0.41% in gold rates during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,930 per gram||Rs.2,882 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,872 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram||Rs.2,954 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 3-5 July||Rs.2,958 per gram on 30 August||Rs.3,038 per gram from 9-12 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,840 per gram from 5 to 7 August||Rs.2,941 per gram from 1-5 September|
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for July 2017
- Gold prices opened at Rs.2,930 per gram, when trading commenced for the month of July.
- Rates surged to Rs.2,970 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 3rd, as demand for the metal whirled in the in the global commodity market.
- The 14th witnessed gold trade plummeting with prices hitting their lowest monthly figure of Rs.2,796 per gram. This was due to the dollar performing strongly against other major emerging currencies.
- Gold rates in Malappuram, however, surged on the 27th as demand for the metal surged with the US-North Korean relations worsening, and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,860 per gram.
- The month ended with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2.872 per gram, courtesy of the poorly performing dollar.
- Gold rates in Malappuram declined by 1.97% as local demand declined despite positive global cues.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for August 2017
- The month of August began with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,882 per gram in Malappuram.
- Global demand declined for the metal as the US Federal Reserve meeting pushed the dollar higher. This led to gold rates dropping to Rs.2,840 per gram on the 5th.
- Safe-haven investments saw an increase, with tensions rising between the US and North Korea, pushing gold prices higher to Rs.2,924 per gram on the 11th.
- Positive international trends coupled with steady demand for the metal resulted in the yellow metal prices rising to Rs.2,958 per gram on the 30th. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- When trading concluded for the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 31st.
- Increased demand coupled with geopolitical tensions around the world resulted in gold rates in Malappuram incline at 2.04% in Malappuram.
Gold rate rend in Malappuram for September 2017
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 1st, when the month began.
- Global markets tanked as the news about North Korea’s successful two-stage thermonuclear weapon broke out. This led to an increase in safe-haven investments around the world, pushing gold prices up to Rs.3,038 per gram on the 9th.
- However, prices declined with the US economy recovering over the next few days, and gold was trading at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 21st.
- But, local demand surged with the arrival of Dussehra pushing festive sales higher. This led to the yellow metal prices rising to Rs.2,975 per gram on the 27th.
- The last day witnessed the precious metal trading at Rs.2,954 per gram, owing to a strong dollar coupled with firmer equities market.
- Malappuram saw gold rates in Malappuram incline at 0.44% with arrival of the festive season, and rising tensions in the Korean peninsula pushing demand higher for the metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,000 per gram from 22 to 23 April||Rs.2,935 per gram from May 1 to 2||Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 to 12 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,920 per gram from 1 to 3 April||Rs.2,865 from 11 to 15 May||Rs.2,800 per gram on 23 June|
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for April 2017
- The gold rates in Malappuram fluctuated in the month of April, opening at Rs.2,920 per gram on 1 April.
- The falling U.S. dollar rates contributed to an increase in demand for gold making it Rs.2,965 per gram on 12 April.
- The steady local demand and fluctuating European market further increased the gold rates to Rs.2,990 per gram on 19 April.
- Gold was traded at Rs.3,000 per gram on 22 and 23 April, the highest rates for the month of April.
- As the U.S. dollar rates started recovering, a decline in demand for gold decreased the prices to Rs.2,935 per gram on 30 April.
- Though the prices fluctuated during the month, gold rates trended at 0.51% increase in value for April.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for May 2017
- Opening at Rs.2,935 per gram on 1 May, the gold rates fluctuated and declined for the month of May.
- French presidential election, 2017 caused a sharp decline in demand for gold as the markets grew stronger dropping the yellow metal’s prices to Rs.2,865 per gram from 11 to 15 May.
- New GST norms impacted bullion rates leading to a subdued demand from the local markets, gold rates fell to Rs.2,865 per gram on 11 May.
- Though the demand started diminishing from the international markets, local markets demanded gold due to weak U.S. dollar rates, the rates increased to Rs.2,925 per gram on 23 May.
- Being impacted by various factors, the yellow metal traded at Rs.2,915 per gram on 31 May showing an overall decline of -0.68% in gold rates for the month of May.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for June 2017
- Opening at Rs.2,915 per gram on 1 June, the gold rates showed an incline in the demand for gold.
- Fluctuating U.S. dollar rates led to an increase in demand for gold, priced at Rs.Rs.2,945 per gram between 7 to 14 June, the rates remained more or less steady in spite of diminishing demand from the local markets.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,885 per gram on 19 June as international markets became steady.
- The increased demand from the local markets rose the prices to Rs.2,930 per gram on 30 June as gold prices were expected to go further high with the imposition of GST.
- Though the prices fluctuated for the month of June, the gold rates increased by 0.51% for the month of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,815 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 23rd to 26th January||Rs.2,960 per gram from 18th to 28th||Rs.2,960 per gram from 1st to 13th March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,815 per gram from 1st to 3rd January||Rs.2,945 per gram from 1st to 17th||Rs.2,890 per gram from 14th to 21st March|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2017:
- In Malappuram, gold price trends saw an increase compared to the disappointing results of q4 2016.
- As the city, like the rest of the country, released itself from the clutches of demonetisation, gold prices seemed come back a lot more positively.
- On 1st January, when the quarter began, gold was selling at Rs.2,815 per gram - a rate that was the lowest for the entire month.
- However, prices went up to Rs.2,845 per gram on 4th and then to Rs.2,860 per gram on the 5th before continuing on at the same rate till the 9th due to sustained demand.
- Prices rose to Rs.2,880 per gram on 10th and then to Rs.2,950 per gram by the end of 20th.
- The last ten days of January saw prices fluctuate considerably but still managed to reach the highest price for the entire month, which was Rs.2,970 per gram.
- When the month came to an end, gold was trading at Rs.2,945 per gram - a good Rs.130 more than the starting day’s price.
- Overall, the month of January saw gold prices increase at the rate of 4.61%.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for February 2017:
- February was a relatively uneventful period for gold, despite the fact that there was an increase in the prices.
- Prices seemed to change on only two occasions over the month of February as there was no significant increase or decrease in demand.
- When trading began on 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,945 per gram and continued at the same rate till the 17th of the month, which also happened to be the lowest gold rate for the entire month.
- However, gold rates went up on 18th to Rs.2,960 per gram, which carried on till the end of the month.
- In the month of February, gold price trends saw a change of 0.50% in Malappuram.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for March 2017:
- On 1st, gold was still trading at Rs.2,960 per gram, a rate that remained unchanged till the 13th of March.
- The rate from 1st to 13th was the highest rate of gold for the month.
- However, on 14th, gold prices went down by Rs.70 to hit Rs.2,890 per gram as demand took a hit after an interest rate hike from the Federal Reserve.
- Though the changes were very few, price trends went down by 1.35% in Kochi for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,152||Rs.3,075 per gram||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,065||Rs.2,938 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on the 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,018 on 17th October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on the 26th November|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2016:
- Gold rates in Malappuram seemed to go down for much of October as global demand wasn’t at a high.
- The results of US Presidential elections were to be expected this month which brought about massive uncertainty in the world market.
- The first of the month started with gold trading at Rs.3,152 per gram - the highest gold price for the entire month.
- By the 8th, gold prices had gone down significantly to hit Rs.3,026 per gram but put in some positive growth to increase slightly by the q0th.
- Gold prices gained at a marginal rate for the last few days as the prices hit Rs.3,065 per gram.
- The rate trend saw a -2.76% change for the month of October despite some increasing demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for November 2016:
- November saw some major events in both Indian and international level as Donald Trump was announced to be the president of the USA.
- Trump’s announcement brought the markets to the brink of uncertainty thereby increasing demand for gold.
- On 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,075 per gram and gained a little more to hit Rs.3,119 per gram on 6th.
- In India, demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes caused the market to fall and demand for gold to increase.
- The 9th saw prices increase a little more to hit Rs.3,166 per gram but it was all downhill from then on as prices went down to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 19th.
- Although, demand increased during the first few days after demonetisation, it slowly fell as the nation went through a bit of a cash crunch.
- Gold price trends in Malappuram decline by -4.45% in November, making it the worst-performing month of the quarter.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for December 2016:
- Gold rates didn’t seem to increase much in December as the country was still struggling with the lack of cash for day-to--day transactions.
- When 1st began, gold was trading at Rs.2,890 per gram but went down significantly to hit Rs.2,851 per gram as business day closed on 9th.
- Prices seemed to go down further more to Rs.2,836 per gram on 10th as no global and domestic demand was to be seen.
- Towards the end of the month, when New Year approached, gold prices recovered from its freefall to end 2016 at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- Gold price trends in Malappuram saw a change of -2.48% in the month of December.
|1st day||Rs.3,000 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,135 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 16th and 17th July||Rs.3,132 per gram on 6thand 7th August||Rs.3,160 per gram on 25th and 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 1stAugust||Rs.3,120 per gram on 2nd and 19th September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Increase in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,000 per gram on 1st July, with the price rising sharply in the first half of the week to Rs.2,150 per gram on 3rd July due to strong demand.
- The price fell to Rs.3,030 per gram on 4th July due to strong markets and a decrease in domestic demand, with prices rising marginally towards the end of the week.
- A surge in demand led to the price rising to Rs.3,167 per gram on 16th July but prices dropped mid-week.
- Prices stayed stable as demand was weak, trading at Rs.3,060 per gram on 23rd July.
- Demand rose slightly, with gold trading at Rs.3,092 at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for August 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,092 per gram on 1st August with the price rising to Rs.3,132 per gram on 7th August due to market instability overseas.
- Prices dipped due to lowered demand, with gold priced at Rs.3,092 per gram on 8th August before rising marginally to Rs.3,125 per gram on 14th August.
- The price was stable due to steady demand, trading at Rs.3,135 per gram for the third week.
- Prices rose marginally in the last week, before settling at Rs.3,130 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for September 2016
- Gold remained constant, trading at Rs.3,130 per gram on 1st September before falling slightly due to global cues.
- Increased demand from jewellers for the festive season led to prices rising to Rs.3,160 per gram on 7th September, though prices fell as the week ended.
- Prices stabilised as the week progressed, trading at Rs.3,145 per gram for the week till 14th September before falling to Rs.3,135 per gram on 18th September.
- Prices dipped further to Rs.3,120 per gram on 19th September due to markets performing well but prices rose to Rs.3,130 per gram as the week ended.
- Gold prices rose marginally to Rs.3,160 per gram on 25th September before falling to Rs.3,135 per gram on 30th September.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs.2,895|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs. 2,895 per gram||Rs.2,990|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,025 per gram on April 30.||Rs. 3,025 per gram May 1st to 3rd||Rs.3,050 per gram on 25th to28th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,852 per gram on April 4.||Rs. 2,885 per gram on May 30th||Rs.2,895 per gram on 1st - 8th June|
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in April 2016
- The month of April was bright for gold starting at Rs. 2,872 and increasing by 5.32% by the end of the month.
- Increase in demand led to a rising trend with the highest record on April 30th at Rs. 3,025.
- Anticipation of a growing U.S economy, a stronger dollar and a Fed rate hike leaves the trend uncertain at the end of April.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in May 2016
- May began with steady rates from the previous month opening at Rs. 3,025 per gram.
- The louder chorus in anticipation of the U.S. Federal Reserve interest rate hike led to gold rates dropping to the floor.
- Prices dropped to the lowest in a year because higher borrowing costs don’t work well for non-interest bearing assets such as the bullion.
- Gold ended at Rs. 2,895 per gram, a 4.29% decrease.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in June 2016
- Gold rates were relatively constant through the month of June with a few fluctuations along the way.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,895 at the start of the month and rose to Rs.3,050 by 25th June.
- The stagnant prices can be attributed to stable domestic demand that negated global falls.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,507 per gram||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,688 per gram on 27th to 28th January||Rs. 2,872 per gram from 26th to 29th February||Rs. 2,907 per gram on 8th March|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,507 on 1st to 3rd January||Rs. 2685 per gram on 1st February||Rs. 2,822 per gram on 29th March|
|Change||+ 7.10 %||+6.96%||0%|
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in January 2016
- Gold opened in January at Rs. 2,507.
- The month experienced fluctuations throughout, but the changes were moderate.
- Due to increased demand from the jewellers in the domestic market, January 27th witnessed the highest number for the month at Rs. 2,688 per gram.
- The month ended with to Rs. 2685, indicating a rising trend with 7.10% incline.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in February 2016
- Gold rates traded at Rs. 2,685 per gram on February 1st, continuing the trend from the previous month.
- Rising demand led to the rates jumping onto an inclined track climbing up to Rs. 2,872 on 26th.
- The prices didn’t drop for the rest of the month, a 6.96% increase for February.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in March 2016
- The trends from February seeped into March with the prices opening at Rs. 2,872 per gram.
- Gold rates stayed constant through the month with minor fluctuations.
- Gold traded the highest for the month on March 8th at Rs. 2,907.
- On account of speculation of a hike in the U.S. Federal Reserve interest rates, gold prices were set on a path of decline.
- The month ended at the same price it started with marking a 0% change.
Current Gold Rates in Malappuram
Similar to other cities in India, gold rates have been highly volatile in the last few years amid the skepticism of US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank's decisions on interest rates. Also, the instability in the stock markets all over the World in the past one year has impacted gold prices with rates falling drastically in the second quarter of the financial year but somehow being unable to completely recover stability up to this date. As on March 1, 2016, the purest 24K gold rates in Malappuram for 1 gram is Rs. 2,962 . 22K gold rates in Malappuram is at Rs. 2,765 per gram. Gold rates here hence are close to the general gold rate trends in india and affected similar global financial phenomenon that influence gold prices in India.
Gold Investment Trends in Malappuram
investment opportunities are pleasantly existing in Kerala because people in this region, in general consider gold as an auspicious commodity to store wealth as. Some of the leading investmenting trends for gold in Malappuram in gold include:
Physical Gold: Similar to the gold trends in other cities in Kerala, gold coins, are considered a great investment opportunity since they are available with purity certificates, especially from banks saving them from fraudulent gold sale. It is often bought from banks where denominations of gold based on your requirement for investment are available. Note, that buying gold from banks might be a little more expensive. Gold ornaments, like every other Keralite city has a very high demands for family functions especially marriages with demands of bangles, anklets, chains, nose rings, earrings, amulets and of course rings that both are opportunities to acquire wealth as well as ornamentation. Many families with would also invest in statues of gods and goddesses made out of gold as a form of gift with such demands picking up around the wedding season along with festivities in the area during Pongal and Diwali. Note, that gold in banks are considered to be a little more expensive. But you get branded gold that comes with purity certifications. Kalyan Jewellers is a well known jewellers in this district.
Market Trade: You can simply invest through the precious metal markets, in the National Commodity, National Multi Commodity Exchange, and Derivatives Exchange as well as the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is advisable for people who are open to investing in bullion gold with a the lowest purchase limit for trading being at 1 kg. For such investors, it is advisable to know the gold market for the right time for both in investment and selling it, for larger capital gains made for such investments in gold.
- Also check: Gold Rate In Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Malappuram
|Gold Rate In Thrissur||Gold Rate In Trivandrum||Gold Rate In Kochi|
|Gold Rate In Kozhikode||Gold Rate In Kannur||Gold Rate In Coimbatore|
|Also Know: Silver Rate In Malappuram|
Read more on Gold
- Buying Gold on Onam
- Importance of Gold in Kerala
- How New Gold Schemes are Going to Affect Indian Economy
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold