*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Malappuram
In the Malappuram district there is a place called Nilambur. This is an interesting place because it is said to form a part of the much sought after Wynad goldfields. The place gold is divided in 2 primary zones with auriferous gravels in this region called ‘Pandipuzha-Chiyarpuzha zone’ and ‘Punnapuzha-Maruthapuzha zone’. the possibility of a golden gravel reserve of approximately 85 lakh cubic meters has been expected to be laying there. Due to the ever-increasing gold import costs in India the exploitation of this sort of deposit is being scrutinized by the nation’s Government. This place might end up being the gold hub someday, but as of today, we do not yet have the Road to this El Dorado in India.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,921 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,937 per gram||Rs.2,909 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,977 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.2,986 per gram 18 to 22 November||Rs.2,931 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,931 per gram on 27 October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 5 November||Rs.2,786 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2017:
- The month began with the bullion trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 1st amid firm trends overseas.
- A decline in domestic demand by local jewellers, industries and retailers despite the ongoing festive season led to gold prices declining to Rs.2,942 per gram on the 7th.
- However, with diplomatic relations between the US and North Korea deteriorating, gold rate in Malappuram surged to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th.
- Prices continued to rise due to the increased buying by local jewellers and retailers with the imminent arrival of the festive season. The precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,989 per gram on the 17th.
- However, with the US greenback regaining lost ground and the equities market performing well against the commodities, gold rate in Malappuram declined to Rs.2,952 per gram on the 28th.
- The month concluded with the bullion trading at Rs.2,942 per gram amid the poor overseas trends.
- Malappuram registered a loss of 0.40% in gold trade due to the strong US dollar index that pushed demand lower for the metal during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for November 2017:
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,942 per gram when the month began in Malappuram.
- Poor global trends brought about by the strong US dollar index and firmer equity markets led to gold ratein Malappuram declining to Rs.2,932 per gram on the 4th.
- The rising tensions in the Middle East resulted in an increased demand for safe-haven such as gold during the month. This led to the precious metal being priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 7th.
- On the 18th, gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,986 per gram with the US greenback losing against other major emerging currencies amid the ongoing US-North Korea conflicts.
- The US dollar, however, regained lost ground as the month progressed simultaneously bringing down gold rates to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 23rd.
- When the month ended, the bullion was recorded trading at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 31st with Malappuram registering a loss of 0.16% in gold trade during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for December 2017:
- The last month of the quarter opened with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,921 per gram on the 1st.
- Prices plunged to Rs.2,877 per gram on the 8th which dropped further to Rs.2,816 per gram on the 9th. The reason for the decline in prices was strongly due to a rise in the US dollar with the approval of the Republican tax bill by the US Senate.
- Gold rates in Malappuram continued to decline as the month progressed with the greenback strengthening ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s monetary policy during the month.
- On the 16th, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,816 per gram amid the poor overseas trends.
- However, the Fed rate hike seemed to backfire on the country’s economy and gold was priced at Rs.2,858 per gram on the 24th.
- With the Asian stocks failing against the new US tax cuts, gold rates surged to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 29th.
- Steady domestic demand coupled with firm global trends resulted in prices remaining untouched at Rs.2,909 per gram for the remainder of the week.
- Malappuram recorded a decline of 0.41% in gold rates during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,930 per gram||Rs.2,882 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,872 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram||Rs.2,954 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 3-5 July||Rs.2,958 per gram on 30 August||Rs.3,038 per gram from 9-12 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,840 per gram from 5 to 7 August||Rs.2,941 per gram from 1-5 September|
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for July 2017
- Gold prices opened at Rs.2,930 per gram, when trading commenced for the month of July.
- Rates surged to Rs.2,970 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 3rd, as demand for the metal whirled in the in the global commodity market.
- The 14th witnessed gold trade plummeting with prices hitting their lowest monthly figure of Rs.2,796 per gram. This was due to the dollar performing strongly against other major emerging currencies.
- Gold rates in Malappuram, however, surged on the 27th as demand for the metal surged with the US-North Korean relations worsening, and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,860 per gram.
- The month ended with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2.872 per gram, courtesy of the poorly performing dollar.
- Gold rates in Malappuram declined by 1.97% as local demand declined despite positive global cues.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for August 2017
- The month of August began with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,882 per gram in Malappuram.
- Global demand declined for the metal as the US Federal Reserve meeting pushed the dollar higher. This led to gold rates dropping to Rs.2,840 per gram on the 5th.
- Safe-haven investments saw an increase, with tensions rising between the US and North Korea, pushing gold prices higher to Rs.2,924 per gram on the 11th.
- Positive international trends coupled with steady demand for the metal resulted in the yellow metal prices rising to Rs.2,958 per gram on the 30th. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- When trading concluded for the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 31st.
- Increased demand coupled with geopolitical tensions around the world resulted in gold rates in Malappuram incline at 2.04% in Malappuram.
Gold rate rend in Malappuram for September 2017
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 1st, when the month began.
- Global markets tanked as the news about North Korea’s successful two-stage thermonuclear weapon broke out. This led to an increase in safe-haven investments around the world, pushing gold prices up to Rs.3,038 per gram on the 9th.
- However, prices declined with the US economy recovering over the next few days, and gold was trading at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 21st.
- But, local demand surged with the arrival of Dussehra pushing festive sales higher. This led to the yellow metal prices rising to Rs.2,975 per gram on the 27th.
- The last day witnessed the precious metal trading at Rs.2,954 per gram, owing to a strong dollar coupled with firmer equities market.
- Malappuram saw gold rates in Malappuram incline at 0.44% with arrival of the festive season, and rising tensions in the Korean peninsula pushing demand higher for the metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,000 per gram from 22 to 23 April||Rs.2,935 per gram from May 1 to 2||Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 to 12 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,920 per gram from 1 to 3 April||Rs.2,865 from 11 to 15 May||Rs.2,800 per gram on 23 June|
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for April 2017
- The gold rates in Malappuram fluctuated in the month of April, opening at Rs.2,920 per gram on 1 April.
- The falling U.S. dollar rates contributed to an increase in demand for gold making it Rs.2,965 per gram on 12 April.
- The steady local demand and fluctuating European market further increased the gold rates to Rs.2,990 per gram on 19 April.
- Gold was traded at Rs.3,000 per gram on 22 and 23 April, the highest rates for the month of April.
- As the U.S. dollar rates started recovering, a decline in demand for gold decreased the prices to Rs.2,935 per gram on 30 April.
- Though the prices fluctuated during the month, gold rates trended at 0.51% increase in value for April.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for May 2017
- Opening at Rs.2,935 per gram on 1 May, the gold rates fluctuated and declined for the month of May.
- French presidential election, 2017 caused a sharp decline in demand for gold as the markets grew stronger dropping the yellow metal’s prices to Rs.2,865 per gram from 11 to 15 May.
- New GST norms impacted bullion rates leading to a subdued demand from the local markets, gold rates fell to Rs.2,865 per gram on 11 May.
- Though the demand started diminishing from the international markets, local markets demanded gold due to weak U.S. dollar rates, the rates increased to Rs.2,925 per gram on 23 May.
- Being impacted by various factors, the yellow metal traded at Rs.2,915 per gram on 31 May showing an overall decline of -0.68% in gold rates for the month of May.
Gold rate trend in Malappuram for June 2017
- Opening at Rs.2,915 per gram on 1 June, the gold rates showed an incline in the demand for gold.
- Fluctuating U.S. dollar rates led to an increase in demand for gold, priced at Rs.Rs.2,945 per gram between 7 to 14 June, the rates remained more or less steady in spite of diminishing demand from the local markets.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,885 per gram on 19 June as international markets became steady.
- The increased demand from the local markets rose the prices to Rs.2,930 per gram on 30 June as gold prices were expected to go further high with the imposition of GST.
- Though the prices fluctuated for the month of June, the gold rates increased by 0.51% for the month of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,815 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 23rd to 26th January||Rs.2,960 per gram from 18th to 28th||Rs.2,960 per gram from 1st to 13th March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,815 per gram from 1st to 3rd January||Rs.2,945 per gram from 1st to 17th||Rs.2,890 per gram from 14th to 21st March|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for January 2017:
- In Malappuram, gold price trends saw an increase compared to the disappointing results of q4 2016.
- As the city, like the rest of the country, released itself from the clutches of demonetisation, gold prices seemed come back a lot more positively.
- On 1st January, when the quarter began, gold was selling at Rs.2,815 per gram - a rate that was the lowest for the entire month.
- However, prices went up to Rs.2,845 per gram on 4th and then to Rs.2,860 per gram on the 5th before continuing on at the same rate till the 9th due to sustained demand.
- Prices rose to Rs.2,880 per gram on 10th and then to Rs.2,950 per gram by the end of 20th.
- The last ten days of January saw prices fluctuate considerably but still managed to reach the highest price for the entire month, which was Rs.2,970 per gram.
- When the month came to an end, gold was trading at Rs.2,945 per gram - a good Rs.130 more than the starting day’s price.
- Overall, the month of January saw gold prices increase at the rate of 4.61%.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for February 2017:
- February was a relatively uneventful period for gold, despite the fact that there was an increase in the prices.
- Prices seemed to change on only two occasions over the month of February as there was no significant increase or decrease in demand.
- When trading began on 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,945 per gram and continued at the same rate till the 17th of the month, which also happened to be the lowest gold rate for the entire month.
- However, gold rates went up on 18th to Rs.2,960 per gram, which carried on till the end of the month.
- In the month of February, gold price trends saw a change of 0.50% in Malappuram.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for March 2017:
- On 1st, gold was still trading at Rs.2,960 per gram, a rate that remained unchanged till the 13th of March.
- The rate from 1st to 13th was the highest rate of gold for the month.
- However, on 14th, gold prices went down by Rs.70 to hit Rs.2,890 per gram as demand took a hit after an interest rate hike from the Federal Reserve.
- Though the changes were very few, price trends went down by 1.35% in Kochi for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,152||Rs.3,075 per gram||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,065||Rs.2,938 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on the 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,018 on 17th October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on the 26th November|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for October 2016:
- Gold rates in Malappuram seemed to go down for much of October as global demand wasn’t at a high.
- The results of US Presidential elections were to be expected this month which brought about massive uncertainty in the world market.
- The first of the month started with gold trading at Rs.3,152 per gram - the highest gold price for the entire month.
- By the 8th, gold prices had gone down significantly to hit Rs.3,026 per gram but put in some positive growth to increase slightly by the q0th.
- Gold prices gained at a marginal rate for the last few days as the prices hit Rs.3,065 per gram.
- The rate trend saw a -2.76% change for the month of October despite some increasing demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for November 2016:
- November saw some major events in both Indian and international level as Donald Trump was announced to be the president of the USA.
- Trump’s announcement brought the markets to the brink of uncertainty thereby increasing demand for gold.
- On 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,075 per gram and gained a little more to hit Rs.3,119 per gram on 6th.
- In India, demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes caused the market to fall and demand for gold to increase.
- The 9th saw prices increase a little more to hit Rs.3,166 per gram but it was all downhill from then on as prices went down to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 19th.
- Although, demand increased during the first few days after demonetisation, it slowly fell as the nation went through a bit of a cash crunch.
- Gold price trends in Malappuram decline by -4.45% in November, making it the worst-performing month of the quarter.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for December 2016:
- Gold rates didn’t seem to increase much in December as the country was still struggling with the lack of cash for day-to--day transactions.
- When 1st began, gold was trading at Rs.2,890 per gram but went down significantly to hit Rs.2,851 per gram as business day closed on 9th.
- Prices seemed to go down further more to Rs.2,836 per gram on 10th as no global and domestic demand was to be seen.
- Towards the end of the month, when New Year approached, gold prices recovered from its freefall to end 2016 at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- Gold price trends in Malappuram saw a change of -2.48% in the month of December.
|1st day||Rs.3,000 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,135 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 16th and 17th July||Rs.3,132 per gram on 6thand 7th August||Rs.3,160 per gram on 25th and 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 1stAugust||Rs.3,120 per gram on 2nd and 19th September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Increase in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,000 per gram on 1st July, with the price rising sharply in the first half of the week to Rs.2,150 per gram on 3rd July due to strong demand.
- The price fell to Rs.3,030 per gram on 4th July due to strong markets and a decrease in domestic demand, with prices rising marginally towards the end of the week.
- A surge in demand led to the price rising to Rs.3,167 per gram on 16th July but prices dropped mid-week.
- Prices stayed stable as demand was weak, trading at Rs.3,060 per gram on 23rd July.
- Demand rose slightly, with gold trading at Rs.3,092 at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for August 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,092 per gram on 1st August with the price rising to Rs.3,132 per gram on 7th August due to market instability overseas.
- Prices dipped due to lowered demand, with gold priced at Rs.3,092 per gram on 8th August before rising marginally to Rs.3,125 per gram on 14th August.
- The price was stable due to steady demand, trading at Rs.3,135 per gram for the third week.
- Prices rose marginally in the last week, before settling at Rs.3,130 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Malappuram for September 2016
- Gold remained constant, trading at Rs.3,130 per gram on 1st September before falling slightly due to global cues.
- Increased demand from jewellers for the festive season led to prices rising to Rs.3,160 per gram on 7th September, though prices fell as the week ended.
- Prices stabilised as the week progressed, trading at Rs.3,145 per gram for the week till 14th September before falling to Rs.3,135 per gram on 18th September.
- Prices dipped further to Rs.3,120 per gram on 19th September due to markets performing well but prices rose to Rs.3,130 per gram as the week ended.
- Gold prices rose marginally to Rs.3,160 per gram on 25th September before falling to Rs.3,135 per gram on 30th September.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs.2,895|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs. 2,895 per gram||Rs.2,990|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,025 per gram on April 30.||Rs. 3,025 per gram May 1st to 3rd||Rs.3,050 per gram on 25th to28th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,852 per gram on April 4.||Rs. 2,885 per gram on May 30th||Rs.2,895 per gram on 1st - 8th June|
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in April 2016
- The month of April was bright for gold starting at Rs. 2,872 and increasing by 5.32% by the end of the month.
- Increase in demand led to a rising trend with the highest record on April 30th at Rs. 3,025.
- Anticipation of a growing U.S economy, a stronger dollar and a Fed rate hike leaves the trend uncertain at the end of April.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in May 2016
- May began with steady rates from the previous month opening at Rs. 3,025 per gram.
- The louder chorus in anticipation of the U.S. Federal Reserve interest rate hike led to gold rates dropping to the floor.
- Prices dropped to the lowest in a year because higher borrowing costs don’t work well for non-interest bearing assets such as the bullion.
- Gold ended at Rs. 2,895 per gram, a 4.29% decrease.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in June 2016
- Gold rates were relatively constant through the month of June with a few fluctuations along the way.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,895 at the start of the month and rose to Rs.3,050 by 25th June.
- The stagnant prices can be attributed to stable domestic demand that negated global falls.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,507 per gram||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,688 per gram on 27th to 28th January||Rs. 2,872 per gram from 26th to 29th February||Rs. 2,907 per gram on 8th March|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,507 on 1st to 3rd January||Rs. 2685 per gram on 1st February||Rs. 2,822 per gram on 29th March|
|Change||+ 7.10 %||+6.96%||0%|
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in January 2016
- Gold opened in January at Rs. 2,507.
- The month experienced fluctuations throughout, but the changes were moderate.
- Due to increased demand from the jewellers in the domestic market, January 27th witnessed the highest number for the month at Rs. 2,688 per gram.
- The month ended with to Rs. 2685, indicating a rising trend with 7.10% incline.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in February 2016
- Gold rates traded at Rs. 2,685 per gram on February 1st, continuing the trend from the previous month.
- Rising demand led to the rates jumping onto an inclined track climbing up to Rs. 2,872 on 26th.
- The prices didn’t drop for the rest of the month, a 6.96% increase for February.
Gold Rate Trend of Malappuram in March 2016
- The trends from February seeped into March with the prices opening at Rs. 2,872 per gram.
- Gold rates stayed constant through the month with minor fluctuations.
- Gold traded the highest for the month on March 8th at Rs. 2,907.
- On account of speculation of a hike in the U.S. Federal Reserve interest rates, gold prices were set on a path of decline.
- The month ended at the same price it started with marking a 0% change.
Current Gold Rates in Malappuram
Similar to other cities in India, gold rates have been highly volatile in the last few years amid the skepticism of US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank's decisions on interest rates. Also, the instability in the stock markets all over the World in the past one year has impacted gold prices with rates falling drastically in the second quarter of the financial year but somehow being unable to completely recover stability up to this date. As on March 1, 2016, the purest 24K gold rates in Malappuram for 1 gram is Rs. 2,962 . 22K gold rates in Malappuram is at Rs. 2,765 per gram. Gold rates here hence are close to the general gold rate trends in india and affected similar global financial phenomenon that influence gold prices in India.
Gold Investment Trends in Malappuram
investment opportunities are pleasantly existing in Kerala because people in this region, in general consider gold as an auspicious commodity to store wealth as. Some of the leading investmenting trends for gold in Malappuram in gold include:
Physical Gold: Similar to the gold trends in other cities in Kerala, gold coins, are considered a great investment opportunity since they are available with purity certificates, especially from banks saving them from fraudulent gold sale. It is often bought from banks where denominations of gold based on your requirement for investment are available. Note, that buying gold from banks might be a little more expensive. Gold ornaments, like every other Keralite city has a very high demands for family functions especially marriages with demands of bangles, anklets, chains, nose rings, earrings, amulets and of course rings that both are opportunities to acquire wealth as well as ornamentation. Many families with would also invest in statues of gods and goddesses made out of gold as a form of gift with such demands picking up around the wedding season along with festivities in the area during Pongal and Diwali. Note, that gold in banks are considered to be a little more expensive. But you get branded gold that comes with purity certifications. Kalyan Jewellers is a well known jewellers in this district.
Market Trade: You can simply invest through the precious metal markets, in the National Commodity, National Multi Commodity Exchange, and Derivatives Exchange as well as the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is advisable for people who are open to investing in bullion gold with a the lowest purchase limit for trading being at 1 kg. For such investors, it is advisable to know the gold market for the right time for both in investment and selling it, for larger capital gains made for such investments in gold.
- Also check: Gold Rate In Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Malappuram
|Gold Rate In Thrissur||Gold Rate In Trivandrum||Gold Rate In Kochi|
|Gold Rate In Kozhikode||Gold Rate In Kannur||Gold Rate In Coimbatore|
|Also Know: Silver Rate In Malappuram|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2016
- Buying Gold on Onam
- Importance of Gold in Kerala
- How New Gold Schemes are Going to Affect Indian Economy
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold