*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate In Kozhikode
Kozhikode which was earlier called Callicut, and where Vasco Da Gama had landed first in India, is rich in culture and heritage with the strong Keralite influence as well as European inspirations to this beautiful city in Southern India. this beautiful city is home to the natives who are absolutely mesmerized by the thought of gold in their customs as well as daily life. Gold is considered a very strong indicator of standing in the society. For example when it comes to weddings and marriages, a father will define his social standing to others by gifting gold jewellery to his daughter for the wedding that is heavier and higher in quantity than his competition gifted. This is a typical trend that has been continued or ages and hence is difficult to look away from. Let us take a closer look at the gold rate in Kozhikode.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for October 2020 to December 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.5,025 per gram||Rs.5,050 per gram||Rs.4,877 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,050 per gram||Rs.4,876 per gram||Rs.5,095 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,166 per gram on 28 October||Rs.5,302 per gram on 10 November||Rs.5,131 per gram on 29 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,893 per gram on 18 October||Rs.4,876 per gram on 30 November||Rs.4,877 per gram on 1 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kozhikode from October 2020 to December 2020:
- Gold prices in Kozhikode opened at the rate of Rs.5,025 per gram in the month of October 2020. During the month it had hit the highest price point on 28th of October wherein the precious metal was being traded at the rate of Rs.5,166 per gram. The lowest price of the yellow metal was recorded on 18th of October wherein it stood at the rate of Rs.4,893 per gram. The month closed with gold price in Kozhikode being listed at Rs.5,050 per gram. During the month, the overall performance of gold in Kozhikode witnessed an incline of 0.50%.
- In the month of November 2020, the gold prices in Kozhikode opened at the rate of Rs.5,050 per gram which was also the closing price for the month of October. During the month it had hit the highest price point on 10th of November wherein the precious metal stood at the rate of Rs.5,302 per gram. The lowest price of the yellow metal was recorded on 30th of November wherein it stood at the rate of Rs.4,876 per gram. The month closed with gold price in Kozhikode being listed at Rs.4,876 per gram. During the month, the overall performance of gold in Kozhikode witnessed a decline of –3.45%.
- In Kozhikode, the price of gold opened at the rate of Rs.4,877 per gram in the month of December 2020. For the month, gold had hit the highest price point of Rs.5,131 per gram on 29th December 2020. The lowest price was recorded on 1st of December wherein it stood at the rate of Rs.4,877 per gram. The month closed with gold price in Kozhikode being listed at Rs.5,095 per gram. During the month, the overall performance of gold in Kozhikode witnessed an increase of 4.47%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for July 2020 to September 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.4,698 per gram||Rs.5,245 per gram||Rs.4,935 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,195 per gram||Rs.5,132 per gram||Rs.4,869 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,256 per gram on 28 July||Rs.5,728 per gram on 8 August and 9 August||Rs.5,204 per gram on 22 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,692 per gram from 5 July||Rs.5,131 per gram on 30 August||Rs.4,830 per gram on 26 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kozhikode from July 2020 to September 2020:
- In July, the rate of gold in Kozhikode opened at Rs.4,698 per gram and closed at Rs.5,195 per gram. The gold prices had increased by 10.57% for this month. The outbreak of the virus all over the world and the stimulus measures introduced by governments and central banks ensured that gold rates increased significantly.
- On 1 August 2020, the price of gold was at Rs.5,245 for a gram. By the end of the month, gold rates had reached Rs.5,132 per gram. Gold prices in Kozhikode had dipped as many countries decided to reopen their economies. Gold rates declined by 2.15% in August.
- In September, the rates of the yellow metal had reduced by 0.38%. Gold rates reduced due to the increase in appetite for riskier products. The highest and lowest rates that the yellow metal hit for the month were Rs.5,204 per gram and Rs.4,830 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for April 2020 to June 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,969 per gram||Rs.4,670 per gram||Rs.4,732 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,661 per gram||Rs.4,571 per gram||Rs.4,714 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,661 per gram on 30 April||Rs.4,785 per gram on 20 May||Rs.4,879 per gram on 25 June and 28 June|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,969 per gram from 1 April to 3 April||Rs.4,436 per gram on 5 May||Rs.4,489 per gram on 8 June|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kozhikode from April to June:
- In April, the prices of gold in Kozhikode opened and closed at Rs.3,969 per gram and Rs.4,661 per gram, respectively. Overall, gold rates increased by 17.43% for the month. The coronavirus outbreak all over the world and the stimulus measures introduced by governments and central banks ensured that gold rates increased significantly.
- On 1 May 2020, the price of gold was at Rs.4,670 for a gram. However, by the end of the month, gold prices declined and closed at Rs.4,571 per gram. Gold prices reduced as several countries decided to reopen their economies. Gold rates declined by 2.11% in May.
- In June, the prices of the yellow metal declined by 0.38% in the city. Gold rates reduced due to the increase in appetite for riskier products. The highest and lowest rates that the yellow metal hit for the month were Rs.4,879 and Rs.4,489 for a gram, respectively.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for January 2020 to March 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,806 per gram||Rs.3,964 per gram||Rs.4,074 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,964 per gram||Rs.4,153 per gram||Rs.3,969 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,964 per gram on 7 January and 31 January||Rs.4,174 per gram on 25 February||Rs.4,242 per gram on 7 March, 8 March,9 March and 10 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,806 per gram on 1 January and 2 January||Rs.3,927 per gram on 6 February and 7 February||Rs.3,885 per gram on 18 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kozhikode from January 2020 to March 2020:
- 2020 had started with the yellow metal standing at Rs.4,023 per gram on 1 January in Kozhikode. The rate of gold had seen an increasing trend of 4.15% during this month. The prices of the yellow metal had increased in the first week and had reached its highest price on two days of this month. On 9 January and 31 January, the metal had been priced at Rs.3,806 per gram. Many traders had taken refuge in the gold bullion market because of the tensions that had begun to brew in the Middle East. The impeachment inquiry by the U.S. President had also led to this sudden move. The traders had started to invest in the gold bullion market and this had driven a steady trend in the prices of the precious metal by the end of the month. On 16 January, the metal was being sold at Rs.3,890 per gram. The rates had remained at the very same figure for six days. From 16 January till 21 January, the price of the metal had stood at Rs.3,906. The price of gold had then skyrocketed to Rs.3,922 by the next day, 22 January. After showing an inclining trend for the next few days, the metal had closed at Rs.3,964 per gram on 31 January.
- Gold had stepped its foot into February standing at Rs.3,964 per gram. The rates of this precious metal had stayed at the same figure till 3 February. Then, the price of the metal had dipped and stood at Rs.3,927 per gram on 6 February. On 11 February, Kozhikode witnessed the price of gold stand at Rs.3,959 per gram. The price remained the same for 3 days until 13 February. The price had then increased as a lot more coronavirus cases had been reported from various corners of the globe. By 14 February, the rates of the precious metal had hiked up to Rs.3,980 per gram and had remained at the same figure till 15 February. The precious metal had then witnessed a hike in its rate and on 19 February had recorded a price of Rs.3,990 per gram. The prices of the metal had then skyrocketed to Rs.4,027 per gram on 20 February. These prices had then gone through an increase. On 21 February, the price of one gram of gold had increased to Rs.4,053 per gram. For the next few days, the price of gold had continued to increase and finally stood at Rs.4,174 per gram on 25 February. This had been the highest price the metal had recorded in this month. The month closed with the metal being priced at Rs.4,153 per gram on 29 February.
- In Kozhikode, the rates of gold in the month of March had gone through a fall as compared to the previous two months. The price had dipped from Rs.4,074 per gram on 1 March to Rs.3,969 per gram on 31 March. This is a fall of 2.5%. The decrease in price can be owed to the fears of the coronavirus that has been impacting the global economy pretty badly. The precious metal had then gone through a huge increase in its rates by 3 March and had touched Rs.4,085 per gram. The prices of gold had then reached Rs.3,885 per gram on 18 March. This was the lowest price recorded by the metal for this month. The sudden dip in the prices of this metal is because the traders had liquidated all their positions in gold. This move was made by them in spite of many central banks’ efforts to fight the pandemic. All traders had feared an economic fallout. On 22 March and 23 March, the price of gold stood at Rs.3,990 per gram. For the next eight days, the price of gold remained the same. From 24 March to 31 March, the rates had stood at Rs.3,969 per gram.
Also Check Gold Price in Metro Cities
|Gold Rate Today In Bangalore||Today Gold Rate In Chennai||Today Gold Rate In Delhi|
|Today Gold Rate In Hyderabad||Today Gold Rate In Kolkata||Gold Rate Today In Mumbai|
Gold Investment Opportunities In Kozhikode
Kozhikode with its love for gold, both for festivities and as well as form of storing wealth is considered quite popular here. The amount of gold a family holds boils down to the fact that it is straightforward indicator of how prosperous a family is. But besides of holding gold as wealth here are some of the important factors that may give one a clear idea about what the opportunities of investment for gold in Kozhikode are:
Physical Gold: If you are buying gold in Kerala and specifically in Kozhikode, there are an array of options in jewellery to choose from. you also have the option of gold coins, that are quite popular because they come with purity certifications to avoid being cheated on.Besides jewellers in Kozhikode you can also buy gold from banks available at denominations based on your appetite for gold investment. Gold ornaments that are popular here include anklets, chains, earrings, nose rings, amulets and rings that serve dual purposes of investment or wealth and ornamentation. A lot of families that are prosperous might consider Gold statues of gods and goddesses as a form of gift with such demands surging around festivities in the area during Pongal and Diwali. Note, that gold in banks are considered to be a little more expensive. But you get branded gold that comes with purity certifications. Kalyan Jewellers is a well known jewellers all over Kozhikode.
Market Trade:In Kozhikode people also invest in gold through the precious metal markets, with opportunities for trade in the National Commodity, National Multi Commodity Exchange, and Derivatives Exchange as well as the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is perfect for people who are willing to purchase in bullion with a minimum limit for trading at 1 kg. Also, people, inc current times should be aware how gold market functions especially based on the influence it has from global financial cues such as stock market, data releases, etc.
- Also check: Gold Rate In Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kozhikode
|Gold Rate In Kannur||Gold Rate In Malappuram||Gold Rate In Thrissur|
|Gold Rate In Trivandrum||Gold Rate In Kochi||Gold Rate In Coimbatore|
|Also Know: Silver Rate In Kozhikode|