*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate In Kozhikode
Kozhikode which was earlier called Callicut, and where Vasco Da Gama had landed first in India, is rich in culture and heritage with the strong Keralite influence as well as European inspirations to this beautiful city in Southern India. this beautiful city is home to the natives who are absolutely mesmerized by the thought of gold in their customs as well as daily life. Gold is considered a very strong indicator of standing in the society. For example when it comes to weddings and marriages, a father will define his social standing to others by gifting gold jewellery to his daughter for the wedding that is heavier and higher in quantity than his competition gifted. This is a typical trend that has been continued or ages and hence is difficult to look away from. Let us take a closer look at the gold rates in Kozhikode.
Current Gold Rates In Kozhikode
The current gold rates in Kozhikode, are influenced by both gold prices in India and globally and follow similar trends. As of March, 2016, price of the yellow metal for 22K gold is at Rs. 2,765 while pure gold which is 24K, is at Rs. 2962. This is against the gold prices in India which is only around Rs. 4 to Rs. 10 lesser than the prices in Kozhikode. Hence, the rates are only slightly higher in this city but follows similar price trends. It is important to consider the gold rates in the city against the rates in the nearby cities to get a good deal.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,987 per gram||Rs.3,098 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,108 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 25 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 5 November||Rs.3,108 per gram on 12 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,987 per gram on 1 October||Rs.2,977 per gram on 30 November||Rs.2,966 per gram on 1 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for October 2018:
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,987 per gram when trading began for the month of October. During the month, the metal recorded high demand as the trade war between US and China intensified causing volatility in the market.
- However, as the dollar declined and local demand was also high, gold rates continued to rise over the next few days.
- On 25 October, the gold price in Kozhikode rose to Rs.3,119 per gram, the highest point for the month.
- When the month ended, gold was priced at Rs.3,108 per gram as the price of the yellow metal rose by 4.05% for the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for November 2018:
- In November, gold opened at Rs.3,098 per gram but rates fell rapidly as demand declined due to a rise in the value of the dollar in correspondence to other currencies.
- The rupee too began to lose ground as the dollar rose, causing the price of the metal in the city to plummet further.
- Gold rates were on a gradual decline and hit its lowest point on 30 November when it stood at Rs.2,977 per gram.
- The month ended at Rs.2,977 per gram the value of the metal dipped by 3.90% negating all the gained achieved during the previous month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for December 2018:
- After the declining trend of gold rates in the previous month, December turned out to a positive period for gold.
- On the 1st of December, gold traded at Rs.2,966 per gram and a trade crisis in the US helped demand for safe-haven assets to rise.
- The start of the month recorded the lowest gold rates while the highest point for the metal was on 12 December when the metal stood at Rs.3,108 per gram.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.3,092 per gram, a 4.24 incline in prices in comparison to the previous month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,951 per gram||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.2,987 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,993 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,966 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,014 per gram on 20, 21, 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July||Rs.2,877 per gram on 4 August||Rs.2,945 per gram on 4 September|
Gold rate in Kozhikode for July 2018
- When trading for the precious metal commenced on 1 July, gold was priced at Rs.2,951 per gram. The demand for the metal was poor amid weak trends overseas.
- However, as the demand for the metal from retailers and industrial units increased in the following days, the price of the metal surged.
- The highest gold rate for the month of July in Kozhikode was recorded on 11 July when the metal traded at Rs.2,993 per gram.
- Meanwhile, the value of the US dollar increased compared to a basket of apex currencies. This caused gold rates in Kozhikode to decline.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July- the lowest gold rate recorded for the month.
- Overall, the trend of gold rates in Kozhikode declined by 1.62% for the month of July.
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for August 2018
- The precious metal continued to trade at Rs.2,903 per gram when the trading for gold commenced on 1 August. As the demand for the metal remained stable, the price of the metal wasn’t affected on the first day of the month.
- In the following days, the US released the employment data which indicated positive growth for their economy due to which the value of the US dollar increased and the rate of gold in Kozhikode declined.
- The lowest gold rate for the month of July was recorded on 1 August when the price of the metal fell to Rs.2,877 per gram.
- However, due to political tension, the value of the US dollar started to fall in the following days. This caused gold rates in Kozhikode to incline.
- The highest gold rate was recorded on the last day of the month when the metal closed at Rs.2,966 per gram.
- Though the price of the metal kept fluctuated throughout the month, the overall trend of gold rates in Kozhikode for the month of August was an incline of 2.17%.
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for September 2018
- The precious metal in Kozhikode opened at Rs.2,956 per gram in the start of September due to an increase in local demand.
- Gold prices in Kozhikode surged as a decline in the exchange rate of the Indian currency was recorded as the demand for the metal increased on account of the festive season.
- After recording a monthly low of Rs.2,945 per gram on 04 September, the price of the metal quickly rebounded.
- The highest gold rate for the month of Rs.3,014 per gram was recorded on 20, 21, 26 and 27 September. Gold prices in Kozhikode recorded an incline of 1.04% for the month September.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.2,966 per gram
Rs.3,050 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.3,050 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.2,972 per gram
Rs.3,056 per gram on 20-21 & 25-26 April
Rs.3,071 per gram on 14 & 15 May
Rs.3,040 per gram on 1 June
Rs.2,966 per gram from 1 – 3 April
Rs.3,019 per gram on 17 & 18 May
Rs.2,972 per gram on 30 June
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for April 2018:
- The month began with gold rate in Kozhikode holding at Rs.2,966 per gram on the 1st with subdued demand from local industries and retailers.
- Prices remained untouched at Rs.2,966 per gram over the next couple of days with domestic demand suppressed by the strong greenback and equities. This was also the lowest monthly figure recorded in the city.
- However, with the US dollar losing significant ground amid rising geopolitical tensions around the world, demand for safe-haven assets picked up towards the end of the month.
- On the 25th, the yellow metal was recorded trading at a monthly high of Rs.3,056 per gram with strong investor demand brought about by positive global cues.
- Trading concluded for the month with gold closing at Rs.3,050 per gram with strong and steady demand from local industries, retailers and jewellers amid the firm trend overseas.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for May 2018:
- Trading began for the month with gold price in Kozhikode holding firm at Rs.3,050 per gram with steady local demand amid favourable market cues.
- Safe-haven demand for metal rose considerably as the US dollar value tumbled amid the losing equity markets during the month. This led to prices surging to Rs.3,071 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 14th.
- With the greenback regaining lost ground from the previous losses, investor demand for the metal declined. This led to gold being priced at Rs.3,019 per gram on the 17th.
- Demand, however, picked up towards the end of the month with market participants banking on the bullion amid the unevenly performing dollar and US stock markets.
- The month ended with gold prices finishing at Rs.3,040 per gram on the last day with steady local demand from industries and retailers amid the firm overseas trends.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for June 2018:
- The final month of Q2 2018 opened with gold rate in Kozhikode holding at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 1st, thanks to steady domestic demand brought about by positive global cues.
- Gold prices dropped to a monthly low on the 30th with the precious metal trading as low as Rs.2,972 per gram after a steep incline in the dollar value flatlined demand globally on the last day.
- Kozhikode registered a decline of 2.23% in gold rates during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.2,924 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.2,956 per gram
Rs.2,940 per gram
Rs.3,046 per gram
Rs.2,966 per gram
Rs.3,015 per gram on 25 January
Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February
Rs.3,008 per gram on 28 March
Rs.2,909 per gram on 5 January
Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February
Rs.2,945 per gram from 16-19 March
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for January 2018:
- Gold trade opened in Kozhikode with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 1st with steady domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries.
- Rates dropped to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 5th as demand plummeted after the US dollar rose against a basket of other major emerging currencies.
- Poor inflation data coupled with weaker-than-expected US jobs and payrolls’ data led to gold prices recovering towards the end of the month.
- The 25th saw gold prices surging to Rs.3,015 per gram with market participants leaning on to the safe-haven metal to hedge against inflation concerns.
- The month came to an end with the precious metal prices holding steady at Rs.2,940 per gram on the 31st amid firm overseas trends and Kozhikode recorded an incline of 0.54% in gold prices during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for February 2018:
- The month began with the precious metal prices holding at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 1st after a decline in the US dollar following the central bank meeting resulted in an increased investor demand for the metal.
- However, with the US greenback recovering from its previous streak of losses, demand for the metal plunged. This led to gold prices plunging to Rs.2,919 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 8th.
- Poor trends overseas coupled with reduced domestic demand led to gold prices remaining untouched at Rs.2,919 per gram until the 12th.
- An increase in industrial orders over the next week coupled with the weakening dollar index led to gold prices surging to Rs.2,993 per gram on the 19th.
- When trading concluded for the month, gold prices in Kozhikode was recorded trading at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 28th.
- The district of Kozhikode registered a loss of 0.16% in bullion trade on the account of the week global cues that pushed demand lower for the metal during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for March 2018:
- Gold prices in Kozhikode were recorded holding at Rs.2,956 per gram, when trading began for the final month of the quarter.
- Poor dollar performances coupled with losing equity markets led to gold rates improving over the next few weeks.
- However, with the US employment data reporting an incline in the number of jobs supporting the US economy, gold rates dropped to Rs.2,945 per gram on the 16th.
- Poor domestic demand compounded by weak trends overseas led to gold prices remaining unaltered at Rs.2,945 per gram until the 19th.
- With the dollar on a decline amid the poorly performing US equities, demand for the bullion picked up towards the end of the month.
- Trading concluded with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,966 per gram on the 31st and Kozhikode recorded a profit of 0.33% in bullion trade during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,921 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,937 per gram||Rs.2,909 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,977 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.2,986 per gram 18 to 22 November||Rs.2,931 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,931 per gram on 27 October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 5 November||Rs.2,786 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for October 2017:
- Trading commenced for the month with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 1st amid the strengthening US dollar index and rising equities.
- Demand for the metal remained on the weaker side despite the arrival of the festive season during the month . This led to gold prices in Kozhikode plummeting to Rs.2,942 per gram on the 7th.
- Safe-haven demand for the metal surged with the US-North Korean diplomatic relations deteriorating. Strong demand coupled with positive global cues led to gold prices rebounding to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th.
- With domestic jewellers, retailers and industries ramping up purchases to meet the local festive demand, gold rates in Kozhikode surged to Rs.2,989 per gram on the 13th amid the firm trends.
- However, with the US dollar index and equity markets recovering from the previous days’ losses, demand for the metal plunged. The precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,952 per gram on the 28th.
- When trading concluded for the month, the bullion prices were recorded trading at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 31st after a weak trend overseas led to reduced demand for the yellow metal.
- Gold prices in Kozhikode witnessed a drop of 0.40% as poor overseas cues led to a decline in demand for the precious metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for November 2017:
- The month began in Kozhikode with the bullion prices holding at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 1st with steady demand from the previous month.
- However, with the US dollar index gaining against a basket of other emerging currencies in the international market, gold rates plunged to Rs.2,932 per gram on the 4th.
- Demand for safe-haven assets such as gold surged significantly with tensions rising in the Middle East. The resulted in gold being priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 7th amid firm trends overseas.
- The poorly performing dollar coupled with the losing equities led to an increased demand from local industries, retailers and industries. This led to gold rates rising to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 18th.
- However, with the US greenback recovering from the previous days’ losses amid the strengthening equity markets, gold prices plunged to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 23rd.
- The month ended with the bullion priced at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 30th after the strong US dollar led to a decline in demand for the metal.
- Gold trade in Kozhikode recorded a loss of 0.16% in gold prices owing to poor trends overseas that pushed demand lower for the metal during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for December 2017:
- The last month of the quarter commenced with gold trading as low as Rs.2,921 per gram on the 1st following a steep decline in domestic demand amid weak global cues.
- With the landmark US tax reform bill facing uncertainties in the US Senate, the US dollar rates fluctuated considerably during the first week.
- The 8th saw gold rates holding at Rs.2,877 per gram before dropping further to Rs.2,862 per gram - the lowest recorded weekly figure - on the 9th amid the strengthening US dollar and equity markets.
- Poor global cues coupled with reduced domestic demand resulted in gold rates plummeting to Rs.2,816 per gram on the 16th.
- However, with traders and stockists mulled over by the ultimate outcome of the US tax bill on the country’s economy, the US dollar decline. This led to an increase in demand for the safe-haven asset and gold rates rebounded to Rs.2,858 per gram on the 24th.
- With the bullion rates hitting one-month highs in the international markets, gold prices rose to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 29th amid the firm trends overseas.
- When trading concluded for the month, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,909 per gram on the 31st with steady demand from local industries, retailers and jewellers amid the positive trends overseas..
- Gold prices in Kozhikode plunged by 0.41% due to the poor global cues that influenced domestic demand during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for July 2017
- In Kozhikode, the month began with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,930 per gram.
- Prices hit the highest recorded monthly figure at Rs.2,970 per gram on the 3rd, owing to an increased global demand from industries, jewellers and retailers.
- Local demand declined during the first week despite positive global cues, and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,900 per gram on the 8th.
- Gold rate in Kozhikode plunged to Rs.2,796 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 14th, as demand declined gradually against a well performing dollar.
- The US dollar, however, collapsed as the US-North Korean diplomatic relations deteriorated. This led to gold rate in Kozhikode surging to Rs.2,860 per gram on the 27th.
- The US economy tanked with the dollar hitting a 13-month low on the 31st, pushing gold prices higher to Rs.2,872 per gram on the last day.
- Kozhikode witnessed gold rates decline at 1.97% during the month, due to poor local demand despite positive global trends.
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for August 2017
- When trading commenced in Kozhikode, gold was recorded trading at Rs.2,882 per gram on the 1st.
- On the 5th, gold price in Kozhikode plunged to Rs.2,840 per gram as recovery of the US dollar coupled with the US central bank meetings resulted in a reduced global demand for the metal.
- The rest of the month saw gold trade flourish as the US-North Korean conflicts took centre-stage. This led to an increase in demand safe-haven assets like gold, and gold was trading at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 11th.
- Steady local demand coupled with strong global cues resulted in the yellow metal being priced at Rs.2,958 per gram on the 30th.
- The precious metal was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 31st, when trading concluded for the month.
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode in September 2017
- In Kozhikode, gold opened trading at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 1st of September.
- The 9th witnessed the yellow metal prices surging to Rs.3,038 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - after the Kim Jong-Un regime announced their most powerful two-stage thermonuclear weapon to the world. This led to investors gravitate towards investments consider safer like gold, subsequently, increasing the demand.
- However, the US economy recovered over the next few days, and gold was trading at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 21st.
- The 27th, however, witnessed gold rate in Kozhikode rising to Rs.2,975 per gram as local demand surged with the arrival of the festive season.
- When trading concluded for the month, gold rates plunged to Rs.2,954 per gram with the dollar gaining against other major emerging currencies.
- Gold prices in Kozhikode inclined at 0.44% owing to the rising geopolitical tensions in the Korean peninsula, and arrival of the festive season.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,000 per gram from April 22 to23||Rs.2,935 per gram from 1 to 2 May||Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 to 12 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,920 from April 1 to 3||Rs.2,885 per gram from 4 to 9 May||Rs.2,800 on 23 June|
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for April 2017
- The gold rate in Kozhikode was steady for the month of April, opening at Rs.2,920 per gram on 1 April.
- The demand for gold increased due to a weak U.S. dollar and also due to an increase in the local demand. The gold rate was more or less steady which did not reflect any significant rise or dip in the prices.
- The gold rate in Kozhikode on 19 April rose to Rs.2,990 per gram. The fluctuating market in Europe encouraged investors to turn towards the yellow metal.
- As the U.S. dollar grew stronger towards the end of the month, it increased the gold rate to Rs.3,000 per gram on 23 April.
- At the end of the month, the gold rate in Kozhikode had a 0.51% incline in the value.
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for May 2017
- The gold price in Kozhikode on 1 May started at Rs.2,935 per gram in Kozhikode which was steady throughout the month, however, the GST concerns over the bullion rate caused a decline in the demand for gold towards the end of the month.
- The conflicting cues from the U.S. market and a fluctuating dollar rate contributed to the dip and rise of the gold rate taking it to Rs.2,865 per gram on 11 May.
- The local demand for gold kept the rate at Rs.2,925 per gram on 23 May in spite of a fluctuating U.S. dollar rate.
- The gold rate had an overall decline of 0.68% in the value resulting from the opening of Rs.2,935 and ending at Rs.2,915 per gram on the last day of May.
Gold rate trend in Kozhikode for June 2017
- The gold price in Kozhikode on 1 June was at Rs.2,915 per gram in Kozhikode, showing an incline in the demand for gold.
- The local demand for gold increased and rose to Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 to 12 June due to the upcoming implementation of GST norms.
- The unsteady U.S. dollar rate and a certain other political factors declined the demand for gold which reduced the price to Rs.2,800 per gram on 23 June.
- The gold price in Kozhikode for the month of June had an incline of 0.51% in the value.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,815 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 23rd to 26th||Rs.2,960 per gram from 18th to 28th||Rs.2,960 per gram from 1st to 13th March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,815 per gram from 1st to 3rd||Rs.2,945 per gram from 1st to 17th||Rs.2,890 per gram from 14th to 21st March|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for January 2017:
- Kozhikode, like its neighbouring city Kochi, saw some good gold trends for the month of January.
- On the 1st of January 2017, gold was trading at Rs.2,815 per gram.
- The month was extremely good for trading as more cash was available in the economy after a debacle of a Q4 in 2016.
- Rates remained unchanged till the 3rd, before going up to Rs.2,845 per gram on 4th and then to Rs.2,860 per gram on 5th as demand increased.
- As there was no change in local demand, gold prices continued at Rs.2,960 per gram till the 10th of the month.
- Prices of gold went up to Rs.2,880 per gram on 11th and increased over the next few days to close at Rs.2,950 per gram when the 20th came to an end.
- Gold hit its highest rate for the entire month on 23rd January, when it was trading at Rs.2,970 per gram.
- Price trends in January saw inclined at a rate of 4.61% during the first month of January.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for February 2017:
- February again was a good month for gold trading despite the fact that demand went down slightly when compared to January.
- On 1st February, gold was priced at Rs.2,945 per gram.
- As there was a sustained demand in the domestic market, the US Fed rate hike didn’t influence gold rates in the city by much.
- Bullion trading prices stood at Rs.2,945 per gram for the next 16 days, i.e., till the end of the 17th, thanks to enough demand from domestic traders, which help stave off international pressure.
- On 18th, gold rates went up to Rs.2,960 per gram, as demand went up slightly.
- For the next 10 days, till the end of the month, gold prices stood at Rs.2,960 per gram as demand was holding steady.
- This rate, as seen from 18th to the 28th, was the highest gold rate for the entire month.
- Gold price trends in Kozhikode changed at a rate of 0.50% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for March 2017:
- Even though the previous two months witnessed some good gold trading, March turned out to be a bit of a bad period as demand took a hit.
- During this month, the US Federal Reserve increased the interest rate for the second month in a row, which caused gold prices to plummet.
- On the 1st of March, gold was priced at Rs.2,960 per gram and continued at the same rate till the 12th of the month.
- This rate happened to be the highest gold price for the month as demand went down over the next few days.
- After a relatively positive trading period, gold prices went down to Rs.2,890 per gram on 13th as US dollar strengthened significantly.
- Gold rate seen on the 13th was the lowest for the month and also the entire quarter.
- By the end of the month, however, gold prices rallied to finish at Rs.2,920 per gram.
- Gold price trends changed at a rate of -1.35% in March due to the lack of demand in the market, which was brought about by the US Fed rate hike.
|1st day||Rs.3,115 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,905 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,815 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,115 per gram from 1st to 4th||Rs.3,135 per gram on 9th||Rs.2,905 per gram on 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,020 per gram from 8th to 11th||Rs.2,930 per gram on 25th||Rs.2,745 per gram on 16th|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for October 2016
- October 1st saw the highest gold trading prices in Kozhikode which stood at Rs.3,115 per gram.
- However, prices fell over the next few days as they went down to Rs.3,020 on 9th.
- The subsequent 10-day period saw gold prices pick up slightly as global demands seemed to increase.
- Rates went up from Rs.3,020 per gram on 10th and to hit Rs.3,040 per gram by the 20th.
- The next 10 days saw gold prices fluctuate a little bit before ending the month with trading price of Rs.3,055 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for November 2016
- Gold rate trend in Kozhikode followed a similar pattern to that of Kochi and the rest of the country.
- During this month, when demonetisation was introduced, gold prices seemed to take a massive hit.
- When November began, gold was trading at Rs.3,055 per gram and later increased to Rs.3,110 by the 6th.
- Though prices slumped to Rs.3,080 per gram around the 8th, they rose significantly to Rs.3,135 per gram as demands surged by a huge margin.
- The price surge was only temporary as gold sales plummeted due to the lack of money in the market.
- When 20th approached, gold prices had gone down to Rs.3,070 per gram and went down furthermore during the coming days.
- On 25th, prices went down to Rs.2,930 per gram, which was the lowest price for the entire month.
- Prices gained slightly towards the end of the month to close at Rs.2,945 per gram.
- Overall, gold rate trend change by a heavy margin of -3.60% in November.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for December 2016
- The last month of the quarter began with gold trading at Rs.2,905 per gram - making it the highest gold price for the month.
- Price decrease was apparent from the first week on as it was down to Rs.2,840 per gram by the 9th.
- Prices were further down to Rs.2,810 per gram by the 10th and went down a little more to hit the lowest rate for the month - Rs.2,745 per gram - on the 16th.
- From then on, however, prices seem to gain albeit at a marginal rate to hit Rs.2,770 per gram by the 20th.
- When the last week of 2016 arrived, prices had recovered considerably due to Christmas and New Year to end the year at Rs.2,815 per gram.
- December saw gold price trends in Kozhikode by -3.09%.
|1st day||Rs.3,000 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,135 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 16th and 17th July||Rs.3,140 per gram from 26th-30th August||Rs.3,160 per gram on 7th, 25th and 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 1st August||Rs.3,120 per gram on 2nd and 19th September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Increase in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,000 per gram at the start of the month and steadily climbed to Rs.3,030 by 4th July on strong cues from the international market.
- Gold sold at Rs.3,065 per gram on 6th July but prices fell as the week progressed as demand dropped domestically.
- Prices were more or less stable the following week, with gold trading at Rs.3,035 per gram on 14th July before rising to the month’s high of Rs.3,167 on 16th-17th July.
- Prices slipped as demand dropped due to a resurgent market, with gold trading at Rs.3,060 per gram on 25th July.
- Prices inched higher to close at Rs.3,092 at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for August 2016
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,092 per gram, rising to Rs.3,132 per gram as the week progressed.
- Prices dipped slightly as demand slid following a strong market run overseas which impacted domestic demand.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,125 per gram on 14th August with prices reaching a high of Rs.3,135 per gram for the rest of the week.
- A flagging Dollar led to an increase in demand for gold, with prices touching Rs.3,140 per gram on 24th August.
- Prices settled to Rs.3,130 on the last day of August due to muted demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode for September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram at the start of the month, with the price falling slightly at the end of the week.
- The price recovered as demand rose, with gold trading at Rs.3,160 per gram on 7th September before stabilising at Rs.3,145 per gram on 9th September.
- Prices remained stable for the week at Rs.3,145 per gram as demand was stagnant.
- The price fell as markets strengthened in the fourth week, with prices dropping to Rs.3,120 per gram on 19th September before rising to Rs.3,160 per gram as domestic demand rose.
- Prices fell to Rs.3,135 per gram as the month ended.
|1st day||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs.2,895|
|Last day||Rs. 3,025 per gram||Rs. 2,895 per gram||Rs.2,990|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,025 per gram on 30 April.||Rs. 3,035 on 2 May.||Rs.3,050 per gram on 25th to28th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,852 per gram on 4 April.||Rs. 2,885 per gram on 30 May.||Rs.2,895 per gram on 1st to 8th June|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode in April 2016
- A rise in the price of gold was noticed in the month of April.
- A rise of 5.32% was noted with the highest being Rs. 3,025 per gram on the last day of the month.
- There were quite a few fluctuations in the rate of gold during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode in May 2016
- During the month of May, a decline was witnessed in the price of gold.
- This may be attributed to the expectations of rise in interest rates by the U.S.
- A decline of 4.25% was noted in the price of gold from the beginning to the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Kozhikode in June 2016
- Gold traded low at Rs.2,895 at the start of the month as the global market dipped.
- Prices stayed steady through the month of June with a slight incline of 3.28%.
- The highest recorded rate was Rs.3,050 by 25th June as there was a renewed offtake in the domestic market.
|1st day||Rs. 2,507 per gram||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,685 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram||Rs. 2,872 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,685 per gram on 31 January.||Rs. 2,872 per gram on 29 February.||Rs. 2,907 per gram on 9 March.|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,507 per gram on 1 January.||Rs. 2,685 per gram on 1 February.||Rs. 2,822 per gram on 29 March.|
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,507 per gram at the beginning of the month and increased as the month progressed.
- Although there were minor fluctuations, the opening and closing rates did not have a large difference between them.
- A rise in the prices was the trend observed.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode in February 2016
- A rise of 6.96% was witnessed in the rate of gold during the month of February.
- Wedding season and other necessities for gold could be the reason for the rise.
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,872 per gram on 29th February, which was the highest for the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kozhikode in March 2016
- During the month of March,there were very minor fluctuations in the rate of gold.
- The highest was observed on 29th of March wherein the rate was Rs. 2,907 per gram.
- There was however no change at the beginning and the end of the month as rates were the same on the 1st of March and 31st of March.
Gold Investment Opportunities In Kozhikode
Kozhikode with its love for gold, both for festivities and as well as form of storing wealth is considered quite popular here. The amount of gold a family holds boils down to the fact that it is straightforward indicator of how prosperous a family is. But besides of holding gold as wealth here are some of the important factors that may give one a clear idea about what the opportunities of investment for gold in Kozhikode are:
Physical Gold: If you are buying gold in Kerala and specifically in Kozhikode, there are an array of options in jewellery to choose from. you also have the option of gold coins, that are quite popular because they come with purity certifications to avoid being cheated on.Besides jewellers in Kozhikode you can also buy gold from banks available at denominations based on your appetite for gold investment. Gold ornaments that are popular here include anklets, chains, earrings, nose rings, amulets and rings that serve dual purposes of investment or wealth and ornamentation. A lot of families that are prosperous might consider Gold statues of gods and goddesses as a form of gift with such demands surging around festivities in the area during Pongal and Diwali. Note, that gold in banks are considered to be a little more expensive. But you get branded gold that comes with purity certifications. Kalyan Jewellers is a well known jewellers all over Kozhikode.
Market Trade: In Kozhikode people also invest in gold through the precious metal markets, with opportunities for trade in the National Commodity, National Multi Commodity Exchange, and Derivatives Exchange as well as the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is perfect for people who are willing to purchase in bullion with a minimum limit for trading at 1 kg. Also, people, inc current times should be aware how gold market functions especially based on the influence it has from global financial cues such as stock market, data releases, etc.
- Also check: Gold Rate In Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kozhikode
|Gold Rate In Kannur||Gold Rate In Malappuram||Gold Rate In Thrissur|
|Gold Rate In Trivandrum||Gold Rate In Kochi||Gold Rate In Coimbatore|
|Also Know: Silver Rate In Kozhikode|