Kerala State Electricity Board
The Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) was constituted by the government of Kerala under the Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948 for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in the state of Kerala. If you are a customer who consumes electricity supplied by KSEB, then it is important to know how you can pay the electricity bill both online and offline.
KSEB Electricity board payment methods
You can pay your KSEB electricity bill online by either visiting the official website of KSEB and pay your electricity bill by either logging in to the customer portal or simply use the ‘Quick Pay’ option.
You can also download the KSEB mobile app and pay your electricity bill after using your credentials to log in to the portal. You will then have the option of paying your electricity bill in a hassle-free manner.
You can use e-wallets such as PayTM, Amazon Pay, Mobikwik, and other types of e-wallets to directly pay your electricity bills to the electricity board.
You can visit the nearest section office or Akshay Patra center and pay your electricity bill using your debit card, credit card, cheque, demand draft, or simply through cash.
How to pay KSEB Electricity bill online
The process to pay your KSEB electricity bill online is given below:
- Visit the official website of KSEB
- On the main page, you will be able to locate ‘Online Services’. Click on it
- You will be directed to a new page, where you will have two options through which you can pay your electricity bill
- The first option that you can avail is by logging in to your customer portal using your user ID and password and clicking on ‘Sign in’
- Once you have entered the portal, you can view the bill and then proceed to pay. You can choose credit card, debit card, net banking, e-wallets, or UPI as your mode of payment to pay your electricity bill
- Once you have chosen your mode of payment, enter your details and follow the instructions. You will most likely receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP. Your payment has been completed. Save the e-receipt for future reference
- You also have the option of using the ‘Quick Pay’ which you will come across once you click on the ‘Online Services’
- Click on ‘Quick Pay’ where you will be directed to a new page. Enter either your consumer number or your registered mobile number and click on ‘Submit to see the bill’
- The electricity bill will be fetched and after you have viewed the bill, you can then proceed to make the payment by choosing credit card, debit card, net banking, e-wallets, or UPI to make your payment. Enter the details and follow the instructions and your payment will be done.
Directly through e-wallets
There are hosts of e-wallets such as PayTM, Amazon Pay, Airtel Money, Mobikwik, Freecharge, etc. to directly pay your electricity bills. The steps are given below:
- Open the e-wallet app or visit the e-wallet website
- You will find the ‘Electricity’ section on the page. Click on it
- Enter the state in which you reside. In this case, you will have to choose Kerala
- Select the electricity board, which will be KSEB in this case
- Enter your consumer number
- Click on ‘fetch bill’. The amount payable will be displayed on your screen.
- Proceed to pay the bill. Follow the instructions and your payment will be completed.
How to pay KSEB electricity bill through other options
Through mobile app
You can also download the KSEB mobile app to complete the payment of your electricity bill. The process to pay your bill through KSEB app is given below:
- Download the KSEB mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Enter your user ID and password to enter the portal
- You will be able to view the bill and the amount payable
- You can then use the ‘Quick Pay’ option to pay your bill. You will have to enter your consumer number, email ID, and mobile number to complete the payment
- Choose the mode of payment you prefer
- Provide your details and follow the instructions. You will be able to pay your electricity bill. Save the receipt for future reference
You can visit the nearest section office or Akshay Patra center to complete the payment of your electricity bill. Do not forget to carry your electricity bill along with you. Once you furnish the bill, you can pay your bill using credit card, debit card, UPI, e-wallets, cheque, demand draft, or simply by paying via cash.
KSEB customer care numbers
In case of any query you can call on the following customer care numbers given below. These numbers are active 24x7 and are toll-free. On calling any of these numbers, a customer care representative will get in touch with you and will help you with your queries.
You can send your queries via post to the address given below:
Kerala State Electricity Board Ltd., Vydyuthi Bhavanam, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, PIN - 695004, Kerala, INDIA.
Given below are some important numbers which you can get in touch depending upon your requirement and query you may want to get resolved:
|Customer Care Centre (24 x7)||1912, +91 471 2555544||All enquiries and complaints of consumers round the clock,365 days|
|Chief Public Relations Officer||+91 471 2446480, +91 471 2514468 ,+91 9446008179||Media related matters, Corporate Communication, News Releases etc|
|Chief Engineer (IT) & Customer Relation||+91 471 2440045/2514610,+91 9496011747||Escalated customer grievances|
|Chief Engineer (HRM)||+91 471 2448948, +91 471 2514454, +91 9446008825, 9446008008||Enquiries related to Careers, Training, Recruitment etc.|
|Chief Engineer (Distribution) South||0471 2462574, 9446008011||Escalated customer grievances on electricity supply in Thrivananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam districts|
|Chief Engineer (Distribution) Central||0484-2306245, 9496008717, 9446008201||Escalated customer grievances on electricity supply in Alappuzha,Idukki,Ernakulam,Thrissur districts|
|Chief Engineer (Distribution) North||0495 2766962, 0495 2766741, 9496010689, 9446008204||Escalated customer grievances on electricity supply Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode districts|
|Chief Engineer(Distribution) North Malabar||9496010000||Escalated customer grievances on electricity supply Kasaragod, Kannur, Wayanad districts|
|Vigilance / APTS||+ 91 - 471 - 2444554, + 91 - 471 - 2514564, + 91 - 471 - 2514374, + 91 - 471 - 2544594, + 91 - 471 - 2514591, +91-9496008876, 9446008006, 9446008490, 9446008491||Information related to corruption of KSEBL employees or information related to theft of electricity|
|Reception, Vydyuthi Bhavanam, Thiruvananthapuram||0471 2514424 / 0471 2514633||Queries related to Corporate Office during office hours|
|Web Development Team||+91-495-2367088||For feedback about the web site|
FAQs of KSEB Kerala Electricity Bill Payment
How can I apply for a new connection?
Ans: You can apply for a new connection by visiting the KSEB website. Under ‘Customers’ you can click on ‘Get a new connection’. You will be directed to a new page where you will have to choose whether you want a HT or a LT connection. Take a printout of the form, fill it up with correct details. Make sure you attach the necessary documents and submit it at the nearest section office by paying the registration fee. You can also obtain the form directly from the section office by paying a sum of Rs.10. Once the documents and form submitted are verified, a representative will get in touch with you and will start the process of helping you get a new connection.
Is there any calculator that I can use to calculate my electricity amount I will most likely pay based on my usage?
Ans: Currently, the website is working to introduce the tariff calculator for its customers. You will be able to use the calculator to compute the tariff payable based on your usage. It is recommended you check the website on a frequent basis to see if the facility is available or not.
I wish to get a new connection. What are the documents I will have to submit?
Ans: Given below is the list of documents you will have to submit are:
- Identity proof
- Ownership certificate
- Certificate of consumer’s installation completion
- Certificate for claiming exemption from payment of cost for providing service connection
- Service Connection Agreement
- Test Certificate of Capacitor Banks
- Test Certificate of energy meter
- Energisation approval from the Electrical Inspector
How can I get my address updated?
Ans: You can either visit the nearest section office or get in touch with a customer care executive and request for the updating of your address. The customer care executive will help you with the process.
Can I pay for multiple services? Can I pay for owner / tenant / relative / friends?
Ans: Yes, you can pay for multiple services as long as you have the consumer number, you can use it to pay the electricity bills of your owner, tenant, relative, or friends.