The Calcutta Electricity Supply Corporation (CESC) is the country’s first integrated electrical utility company that generates and distributes power in Howrah and Kolkata. The company is the only electricity distributor within an area of 567 square kilometres in Howrah and Kolkata. CESC provides electricity to around 2.9 million commercial, industrial, and domestic users.
Table of Contents
CESC Payment Options
The CESC electricity bill can be paid on the official website of the company. You can visit the ‘Quick Bill Pay Section’ section to pay the bill. The details of the bill can be viewed by entering the Customer ID.
The bill can be paid by using the company’s mobile app. You can download the app from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. Depending on the type of connection, you can either log in with the mobile number or Customer ID and password.
E-wallets such as Paytm, Amazon Pay, Mobikwik, etc., can be used to pay the bill. Google Pay and PhonePe can also be used to clear the electricity bill.
In case you do not wish to use any of the online methods, you can visit the nearest CESC office to make the electricity bill payment. However, you must carry the bill when you visit the office. The bill payment can be made in the form of cash, credit card, debit card, cheque, or demand draft.
How to Pay CESC Bill Online?
Paying the bill on the official website of CESC is simple. Apart from paying, you can change your name as well as register a complaint on the website. The step-by-step procedure that must be followed to pay the bill is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of CESC.
- Under the ‘Consumers’ section, you will find the ‘My CESC’ option, click on it.
- In the case of Low Tension (LT) consumers, choose the ‘E-Payment’ option. High Tension (HT) consumers will have to visit the office to pay the bill.
- Click on ‘Go’.
- On the next page, click on ‘Monthly Bill’.
- Next, enter the 11-digit customer ID and captcha details.
- On the next page, enter the relevant details.
- The details of the bill will be displayed.
- You can make the payment by card, NEFT/RTGS, ECS, or net banking. Depending on the mode of payment you have chosen, you may receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to complete the payment.
The step-by-step procedure that must be followed to pay the bill on the mobile app is mentioned below:
- Download CESCAPPS from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Login using your mobile number.
- Under the ‘My Account’ option, you will be able to pay the bill.
- The bill can be paid by card, net banking, bill desk, or Paytm.
- Depending on the mode of payment you have chosen, you may receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to complete the payment.
The CESC bill can be paid by using various e-wallets such as Paytm, Mobikwik, Amazon Pay, etc. The step-by-step procedure to pay the bill using Paytm is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Paytm or open the mobile app.
- Next, click on ‘Electricity’. You will find the option under the ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ section.
- Next, choose the state and electricity board. In this case, choose West Bengal and CESC Limited.
- Enter the Customer ID.
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- The details of the bill will be displayed. Click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete the payment.
How to Pay CESC Bill through Other Options?
You can visit the nearest CESC office to pay the bill. On providing the bill, you can make the payment by cash, card, cheque, or demand draft.
CESC Helpline Numbers/ Customer Care
LT Helpline Numbers
FAQs of CESC West Bengal Electricity Bill Payment
Will I get a receipt once I pay the bill online?
Once the payment is complete, you will receive a receipt on the registered email ID.
What are the different modes by which I can make the payment online?
The different modes by which you can make the payment online are mentioned below:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
What if the amount is debited twice from the card or bank account?
In case the amount is debited twice from your card or bank account, the excess amount will be adjusted in the subsequent bills or unpaid bills.
Can I download a copy of the bill on the CESC website?
Yes, you can download a copy of the bill on the CESC website. The option will be available under the ‘My CESC’ section.
Should I inform the CESC in case there is a variation in consumption?
Yes, you must inform the CESC in case of a variation in consumption. A Senior Commercial Executive must be informed of the same in writing.