Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) was formed on 1 July 1957 and 279.27 lakh customers. Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO), which is one of the subsidiary companies of TNEB generates power worth 18,732.78 MW to different corners of Tamil Nadu. TNEB generates the electricity bill you are supposed to pay and today with the advent of technology you can pay your electricity bill online thus making the whole process hassle-free and paperless.
Table of Contents
TNEB Payment Methods
There are various payment methods you can use to pay your electricity bill. You can use your credit card, debit card, net banking facility, e-wallets, or through UPI to complete the payment of your electricity bill online.
In case you wish to pay your electricity bill offline, you can do so by visiting the TNEB office and paying the bill via cash, cheque, or demand draft.
How to Pay TNEB bills Online (Step by step) Screenshot
Given below are the steps you will have to follow if you wish to pay your TNEB electricity bill online:
- Visit the official website of TANGEDCO
- On the main page, click on ‘Online Payment Service’
- You will be directed to a new page
- Enter your username and password and click on ‘Login’. Once you do that, you can then enter the portal. You can view your electricity bill by clicking on ‘My Bills’. You can click on ‘Quick Pay’ in order to complete the payment of your electricity bill.
- You will be directed to a new page, where you will have to choose your preferred mode of payment for the bill amount generated. You can also enter another amount other than the one on your bill
- Once you have chosen your mode of payment, enter the necessary details and click on ‘proceed’. You will be taken through the payment gateway section, where you will have to follow the instructions in order to pay your electricity bill
- Once you pay your bill, you will get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number, and a mail on your email ID. You can also check whether your bill has been successfully paid on the portal under ‘My Bills’
TNEB Bills Online Step1
TNEB Bills Online Step2
How to Pay TNEB bills through other options
Through mobile app
- You can also download the TANGEDCO mobile app through Google Play Store or Apple Store and pay your electricity bills. The steps to pay using the TANGEDCO mobile app are given below:
- Download the TANGEDCO app on your phone
- On opening the app, allow the permission to the app to make and manage phone calls
- You must also allow the app the permission to have access to your photos, media, and files on your phone
- Enter your username and password, and click on ‘Login’
- You will be asked to provide a 4-digit number as PIN. Enter the four digits as PIN and confirm it in the next step
- Once you have logged in, you can update your profile by providing the necessary information as asked by TNEB
- After updating your profile, you can then visit the home screen page on the app
- Click on ‘Quick Pay’ on order to pay your electricity bill
- You can either pay the amount generated on your bill, or pay any other amount as well
- Choose your mode of payment option
- Enter the details of your payment option. You will be taken to the payment gateway section. Follow the remaining instructions to complete the payment
- You will get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number and a mail on your email ID
You can visit the TNEB office in order to pay your electricity bill offline. Do not forget to carry your electricity bill along with you whenever visiting the office. You can make the payment using your debit card, credit card, UPI, cheque, demand draft, or simply by paying cash. Once the payment is done, you will get a receipt which you must keep for future reference.
TNEB Helpline Numbers/ Customer care
In case of any complaints related to power supply, you can call 1912. This facility is available for its customers 24x7. In addition to the number given above you can also call 044-28521109, 044-28524422, or send a WhatsApp message to the number 9445850811 in case of any query or complaint. You can also call the camp office number 044-24959525 as well.
You can visit the official website of TANGEDCO and under ‘Consumer Services’ click on ‘Customer Complaint’ in order to get your queries or complaint registered. Once that is done, a representative from the electricity board will get in touch with you.
FAQs of TNEB Tamil Nadu Electricity Bill Payment
Can I pay for multiple services? Can I pay for owner / tenant / relative / friends?
Ans: Yes, you can pay for multiple services. All you have to do is add their consumer numbers on your profile and you can then successfully make the payment.
Is there any bill calculator which I can use to determine the bill I am most likely to generate based on usage?
Ans: Yes, you can use the bill calculator facility which is available on the official website of TANGEDCO. The details you will have to enter are tariff check, billing cycle, contracted load (if required), consumed units, and KVAH (if required). Click on ‘calculate’ and you will be able to check the bill you will most likely generate based on your usage.
My transaction is not successful. If I try again, it states that it is already paid. What should I do?
Ans: The transaction in this case is broken and will get fixed automatically within three working days. If the amount has already been debited from your bank account, do not attempt to make the payment for the same service number. In case of any query or complaint, get in touch with the board using the customer care numbers.
How can I get my address updated?
Ans: You will have to visit the nearest section office with a valid proof of address in order to get your address updated or corrected.
Can I pay the penalties online?
Ans: In case you fail to pay your bill on time, the electricity board will disconnect the connection. If your connection is still active, you can then log in to the customer portal and complete the payment of your electricity bill including the payment of the penalties. In case of disconnection, you will have to visit the nearest section office to complete the payment.