Mahavitaran – Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd (MSEDCL) is a body governed by the Government of Maharashtra and has been tasked with the job of generating, transmitting, and distributing electricity in different states of Maharashtra. As a customer of MSEDCL, you can pay your electricity bills both online and offline.
We will have a look at how you can pay your electricity bills both online and offline.
Table of Contents
Mahavitaran – MSEDCL payment methods
You can pay your bill online by visiting the official website of Mahavitaran – MSEDCL. You can either log in using your login credentials and view your bills before making the payment, or directly pay your bill without having to go through the hassle of logging in to the portal.
You will have to provide details such as consumer number, sub-division, etc. You will then have to choose a mode of payment which you feel is suitable for you and then proceed to make the payment.
You can also pay your electricity bills by downloading the Mahavitaran – MSEDCL app on your mobile phone and then log in using your login credentials. Once you have logged in, you can easily view your bill and then proceed to make the payment using a mode of payment which you find suitable.
There are various e-wallets such as Paytm, Amazon Pay, Mobikwik, Freecharge, etc. which you can use to pay your electricity bill. You will have to open the app on your mobile phone or visit the website and under ‘Electricity Bill/Bill’ you will have to select the state in which you reside, choose the electricity board, followed by subdivision. Enter the consumer ID and click on ‘fetch bill’. You will be able to view the bill after which you can proceed to make the payment.
You can pay your bill offline by visiting the nearest subdivision office. Do not forget to carry the bill with you. You can then pay your bill using different payment modes – debit card, credit card. UPI, net banking, e-wallets, cheque, demand draft, or by cash.
How to pay your Mahavitaran – MSEDCL bill online
Given below are the steps you will have to follow in order to pay your Mahavitaran – MSEDCL bill online:
- Visit the official website of Mahavitaran – MSEDCL
- On the left-hand side of the page, you can either pay your bill by simply logging in by clicking on ‘Login’ or click on ‘View/Pay Bill’ in order to make the payment directly
- If you want to login to your portal, you will have to provide your login name, password, and enter the captcha
- Once you have logged in, you can then view the bill and then proceed to make the payment using any one of the payment modes available – debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI, or e-wallets
- Enter the necessary details, following which you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
- Your payment has been completed. Save the e-receipt for future reference
- You can directly pay your bill by clicking on ‘View/Pay Bill’ where you will have to enter the type of consumer, consumer number, BU, and the captcha
- The system will then display the billing amount, following which you can proceed to make the payment
- Select the mode of payment of your choice and follow the instruction to complete the payment. Once the payment is completed, save the e-receipt for future reference
You can visit any one of the e-wallets websites or simply open the e-wallet app on your phone. You will then have to follow the steps given below:
- Open the e-wallet app on your phone or visit the website
- Click on ‘Electricity Bill/Bills’
- Enter the state and board. In this case, you will have to choose Maharashtra and Mahavitaran-MSEDCL respectively
- Enter the subdivision from the list
- Enter your consumer ID
- Click on ‘Proceed’. You will be able to view the billing amount
- Proceed to complete the payment
- Save the e-receipt for future reference
How to pay Mahavitaran-MSEDCL electricity bill through other options
Through mobile app
You can pay your electricity bill through the mobile app by following the steps given below:
- Download the Mahavitaran-MSEDCL app on your phone
- Login using your credentials
- Once you have logged into the portal, click on ‘View/Pay Bills’
- You can view the billing amount, following which you can proceed to make the payment using any one of the payment modes - debit card, credit card, UPI, net banking, or e-wallet
- Enter the details after which you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
- Your payment will be completed. You can save the e-receipt for future reference
You can visit the nearest subdivision office in order to pay your electricity bill. Make sure you carry the bill along with you in order to make the payment fast and hassle-free. You can choose different modes of payment in order to pay your bill – credit card, debit card, UPI, e-wallets, cheque, demand draft, or by cash. You can keep the receipt for future reference.
Mahavitaran-MSEDCL customer care
In case of any query you can get it resolved by getting in touch with a customer care executive in the following manner:
- In case of any query you can call on any of the numbers 912 , 1800-233-3435 , 1800-102-3435 where a representative will get in touch with you and will help you with your query.
- You can also get your query resolved by sending a mail to email@example.com.
- In case you have any query related to your online payment of your bill, you can always call on the customer care numbers or send a mail to helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs of Mahavitaran-MSEDCL electricity bill payment
How can I get my address updated?
Given below are the steps you will have to follow in order to get your address updated:
- Visit the official website of Mahavitaran-MSEDCL
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on ‘Track Status, Upload Documents, and Pay Charges’
- Under it click on ‘Address Connection’
- You will be directed to a new page
- Under ‘Search By’ choose any one of the options – Application Number, Consumer ID, Service Request ID
- Enter the value and the characters given in the box and click on ‘Submit’
- You will then have to provide a proof of address which mentions your current address
- Follow the instructions given. Your new address will get updated
Can I calculate the electricity bill that I will most likely pay based on my consumption?
Yes, you can calculate the amount you are most likely to pay based on your consumption by using the Energy Bill Calculator which is available on the website of the electricity board. All you have to enter is the type of supply, tariff, sanction load, connected load, choose the type of phase, and consumption, and then click on ‘Submit’. You will be able to view the amount you will most likely have to pay on a monthly basis based on your consumption.
What to do if I do not get a receipt after making an online payment?
If you do not get a receipt after paying your bill online, do not worry. The receipt is most likely to be generated within 3 working days after the payment has been made, which you can view by logging in to the portal. In case the receipt is not generated after 3 working days, the amount will be refunded to your account. You can get in touch with the customer care in case of any doubts.
Can I make an advance payment of my bill?
Yes, you can make an advance payment of bill. Instead of paying the billing amount, you can enter a different amount and complete the payment online.
I made a double payment. What should I do?
In case you make a double payment, do not worry. The excess amount will be adjusted in the next billing cycle. In case you want the extra amount to be credited to your account, get in touch with a customer care executive.