Tata Power is one of the largest private utility providing companies in India and has been in existence for over nine decades.
Tata Power provides electrical connections to its customers in Mumbai. However, the company also boasts of having customers from Delhi, Jharkhand, Karnataka, and Jojobera.
If you are a customer of Tata Power, you have the option of paying your electricity bill both online and offline.
We will have a look at how you can pay your electricity bills online and offline.
Tata Power – Payment Methods
You can visit the official website of Tata Power to pay your electricity bill online. You can log in to the Tata Power customer portal using your credentials and view the usage of your electricity for the previous months and once that is done, you will find the option to complete the payment which you can do through various payment modes.
You can also visit the page and click on ‘View Bill Amount and Pay Online’ if you don’t want to check the usage of your electricity for the previous months. You can enter the consumer number and then complete the payment.
You can also use the ‘Quick Bill Payment’ facility where you can directly choose the payment method and enter the consumer number to complete your electricity bill payment. This you can do if you do not want to check your electricity bill and directly make the payment.
You can also pay your bill offline by visiting the Tata Power Customer Relation Center, or one of the specified ICICI Bank branch to complete the payment. You can also make your electricity bill payment by dropping your cheque in drop boxes belonging to Tata Power at specified locations in Mumbai. The preferred mode of payment for offline payment of Tata Power electricity bill is via cheque, and cash if paid at a counter.
How to pay your Tata Power bill online
Given below are the steps you will have to follow if you wish to pay your Tata Power electricity bill online:
- Visit the official website of Tata Power
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on ‘View Bill Amount & Pay Online’
- Enter your ‘Consumer ID’ and click on ‘Submit’
- You will be able to view the bill amount displayed on your screen
- Complete the payment by choosing any one of the modes of payment – Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, Net Banking, or e-wallets
- After choosing one of the modes of payment, you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’. Your payment will be completed
- You can save the e-receipt for future reference
Quick Bill Payment
You can pay your Tata Power electricity bill by using the Quick Bill Payment facility. The steps to make the payment using this facility are given below:
- Visit the Tata Power official website
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on ‘Quick Bill Payment’
- Under the ‘Billdesk’ section, choose the mode of payment
The mode of payments that you can choose are:
- Debit or Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Ammex or Dinner Card
- Wallet or Cash Cards
- After you have chosen any one of the payment options, you will be directed to a new page where you will have to enter your consumer ID
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- Enter the relevant details necessary and click on ‘Pay Now’
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’. Your payment will be completed. You can save the e-receipt for future reference
Through Mobile App
You can pay your Tata Power electricity bill by logging in to Tata Power mobile app using your credentials. There you can pay on ‘View & Pay Bill’ if you wish to view the electricity bill before making the payment’. Choose any one of the modes of payment and follow the instructions as given to complete the payment.
You can click on ‘Quick Bill Payment’ where you will have to choose any one of the payment options available, followed by entering your consumer ID. You will then have to enter the necessary details of your card/wallet/ net banking portal and enter the OTP you will receive on your mobile number. Click on ‘Submit’ and your payment will be complete.
You can visit any e-wallet websites such as Paytm, Amazon Pay, Freecharge, etc. or use the app to pay your Tata Power electricity bill. Given below are the steps you will follow in order to make the payment:
- Visit the e-wallet website or open the e-wallet app on your mobile phone
- Click on ‘Electricity’. You will be directed to a new page where you will have to enter the state, choose Tata Power under the ‘Electricity Board’, and enter your consumer ID
- Click on ‘Proceed’ and the bill amount will be displayed on the screen
- You can then click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete the payment. You will receive a confirmation of the successful payment once the bill has been paid. The electricity board will also send you an SMS for the successful payment of your electricity bill. Save the e-receipt
There are various offline methods you can follow to complete the payment of your Tata Power electricity bill. We will have a look at the ways through which you can pay your electricity bill offline:
- Visit the Tata Power official website
- On the left-hand side of the page click on ‘View Bill Amount & Pay Online
- You will be directed to a new page where you will have to click on ‘Offline Bill Payment Options’
- You will be directed to a new page where you will have to choose the area in which you reside and address type
The categories available under ‘Address Type’ are as follows:
- Tata Power Customer Relations Center
- Cash/Cheque Counter
- Railway Station Drop Box
- Electronic Drop Box
- Cheque Drop Box at a bank
- Cheque Kiosk
- Tata Power Drop Box
- ICICI Bank Branch
- The availability of category will depend on the area in which you reside. For example, if you reside in Goregoan West then the option of ‘Railway Station Drop Box’ will not be available. However, the option of visiting the Tata Power Customer Relations Center will be available
- Once you choose one of the options under ‘Address Type’ click on ‘Search’. If the information is available, then you will be able to view the address of the option selected by you
- You can then visit the address and pay your Tata Power electricity bill
Tata Power customer care
In case of any query you can get in touch with a Tata Power customer care executive in the following manner:
- You can call on the toll-free number 1800 209 5161 / 19123 where a representative from the company will help you with your query
- You can send your query via WhatsApp to the number 7045116237
- In case of power failure, you can register a complaint via SMS by sending the message NS<12-digit Consumer No> to 9223170707
- You can send your query via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under the ‘Contact Us’ section, click on ‘Customer Care’. You will be directed to a new page where you will have to enter details such as your name, consumer ID, mobile number, email ID, etc. You will then have to select whether you are registering a complaint, making a query, or simply making a request under the ‘Query Category’
- Describe your complaint or query in the box given and then click on ‘Submit’
- A customer care executive from the Tata Power company will get in touch with you
FAQs of Tata Power Bill Payment
Can I use the NACH facility to pay my electricity bill?
Yes, you can use the National Automated Clearing House (NACH) facility to pay your electricity bill. The billing amount will be directly debited from your bank account on the due date thus saving you the hassle of going through the process of paying your electricity bill.
Which areas in Mumbai does Tata Power provide electricity supply?
Tata Power provides electricity supply from Colaba to Vasai Creek and up to Kanjur Mankhurd.
How can I apply for a new Tata Power connection online?
- You can apply for a new Tata Power connection online by visiting the official website of Tata Power and clicking on ‘Apply Now’ option available on the home page
- You will be asked if you have registered for a new connection earlier. If you haven’t, then click on ‘No’
- Enter your email ID, and mobile number and click on ‘Generate OTP’
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Next’
- Enter the details and required and click on ‘Submit’. A representative of the company will get in touch with you and will help you further in setting up the new connection
You can call the customer care number and request for a new connection. The customer care executive will take you through the process of applying for a new connection.
What is ‘Tina’?
Tina is a virtual assistant designed to help you with different types of queries. You will find the facility on the main page of Tata Power website. You can either select the category under which your query falls and provide the necessary details, or directly type your complaint in the message box. Tina will look to provide you with an appropriate response to your query.
Within how many days will a representative from Tata Power contact me after I have applied for a new connection?
A representative from Tata Power will get in touch with you within 7 days after you have applied for a new connection.