The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) supplies power to eight districts of Karnataka (Ramanagara, Chitradurga, Davangere, Kolar, Chikkaballapura, Bangalore Rural, and Bangalore Urban). An area of 41,092 square kilometres is covered by the company. BESCOM supplies power to around 207 lakh people.
BESCOM Payment Options
You can pay the BESCOM electricity bill online by visiting the official website (https://bescom.org/pay-bill/) of the company. You can pay the bill by entering the Account ID or Customer ID. The process to pay the bill is simple and hassle-free.
The BESCOM electricity bill can be paid by downloading the BESCOM Mithra app. You will need to use your registered mobile number to sign up and pay the bill.
Various e-wallets such as Mobikwik, Amazon Pay, and Paytm can be used to pay the bill. You can link your electricity bill to your Google Pay or PhonePe account to make the payment as well.
The electricity bill can be paid by visiting the nearest BESCOM centre. The payment can be made in the form of cash, demand draft, cheque, credit card, and debit card.
How to Pay BESCOM Bill Online
The step-by-step process to pay the electricity bill on the official website of BESCOM is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of BESCOM.
- Under the 'Payments' section, you will find 'Online Payment', click on it.
- On the next page, enter the Customer ID or Account ID. The details will be found on the electricity bill.
- Click on 'Submit'.
- On the next page, the details of the bill will be displayed. Enter your email ID and mobile number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click on 'Make Payment',
- Next, you will have to choose the mode of payment to complete the procedure.
Via Mobile App
The step-by-step procedure to pay the electricity bill on the BESCOM Mithra app is mentioned below:
- Download the BESCOM Mithra app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Enter your mobile number to login.
- Next, the details of your account will be displayed.
- Use the ‘Pay Now’ option.
- Next, choose the mode of payment.
- Once the necessary details are provided, you will be able to pay the bill on the BESCOM Mithra app.
The BESCOM electricity bill can also be paid by using several e-wallets such as Freecharge, Mobikwik, Amazon Pay, and Paytm. The procedure that must be followed to pay the bill using an e-wallet is mentioned below:
- Go to the official e-wallet website or open the e-wallet app.
- Go to the 'Electricity' section.
- Enter the state where you live.
- Select the electricity board. In this case, choose BESCOM.
- Enter the Account ID or Customer ID.
- The bill will be displayed on the screen.
- Follow the instructions to complete the payment procedure.
How to Pay the BESCOM Bill through Other Options?
The electricity bill can be paid at the nearest BESCOM office. However, you must carry the electricity bill. Once the bill is provided, the payment can be made using cash, debit card, credit card, UPI, demand draft, or cheque.
BESCOM Helpline Numbers/ Customer Care
Given below are the Helpline and customer care numbers:
- 24x7 Helpline: 1912
- SMS Facility: 58888
- WhatsApp: 9449844640
- WhatsApp for Safety Issues: 9483191212/ 9483191222
FAQs of BESCOM Electricity Bill Payment
What are the documents that must be submitted when applying for a new connection?
The list of documents that must be submitted when applying for a new connection is mentioned below:
- Identity Proof
- Ownership Proof
- Trade license that has been given by a competent authority
- Architect Plan
- Agreement to install Solar Water heater
- An approval provided from the electrical inspectorate
- Indemnity Bond with respect to collateral damages
- An undertaking must be provided stating that the applicant will not engage in child labour in case of a Commercial Installation or an Industrial Installation
Can I apply for a new BESCOM connection online?
Yes, you can apply for a new BESCOM connection of the company’s official website.
Where can I find the tariff details?
The tariff details can be found on the official website of BESCOM (https://bescom.org/tariff-plans-2/).
Is it possible to register a complaint online?
Yes, it is possible to register a complaint online. The step-by-step procedure to register a complaint online is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of BESCOM.
- Click on 'Online Registration of Complaint'.
- Follow the steps that are given on the next page to register the complaint.
Can I change my name on BESCOM’s official website?
Yes, you can change your name on BESCOM’s official website. However, you must complete the registration process and login to change the name.
Bescom to bill domestic consumers an average of three months
With the lockdown extended, it is the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (Bescom) who are facing problems as either the meter readers are not functioning or BESCOM employees are not allowed to enter the apartment in order to read the meter, the electricity distribution board in order to counter this has decided to bill domestic consumers on an average of the previous three months’ consumption.
The monthly electricity bills for April for HT consumers and LT-40 HP (and above) consumers will be as per the actual meter reading. As far as the remaining categories of consumers, including domestic consumers, the average bills calculated will be based on the preceding three months - January, February and March. The copy of the bill will be sent to the registered email and mobile numbers.
The average bill will be subject to revision in May, when the consumption for two months will be billed and apportioned in a proportionate manner for each month’s slab billing. The surplus or deficit amount will be adjusted in the subsequent bill based on actual reading of the meter.