Torrent Power Limited is one of the largest power distributing companies in Gujarat and is known to distribute 16.60 units of power in various cities of Gujarat such as Dahej, Ahmedabad, and Surat, and boasts of having close to 3.32 million customers.
If you are a customer of Torrent Power Limited, not only can you avail the service of Torrent Power but also pay your electricity bills both online and offline.
We will have a look at how you can do just that.
Table of Contents
Torrent Power electricity bill – Payment Methods
You can pay your Torrent Power electricity bill online by logging in to the Torrent Power customer portal using your login credentials. Once you have logged in, you can check your electricity bill and then proceed to complete the payment using any one of the various online payment modes available.
You can also use the ‘Quick Pay’ option available on the official Torrent Power website. You will then have to choose the city in which you reside from the city options available and enter your service number. Finally, proceed to pay your bill using one of these options: credit card, debit card, net banking, e-wallet, or UPI.
The payment of your electricity bill can also be done by downloading the Torrent Power mobile app where you can log in to the portal and complete the payment of your electricity bill.
If you use an e-wallet such as Paytm, Amazon Pay, Freecharge, and Mobikwik. then you can pay your Torrent Power electricity bill by visiting the official website or through the mobile app of any one of these e-wallets and complete the payment. The whole process is fast and hassle-free.
You can pay your Torrent Power electricity bill offline using various methods available. The list of offline payment methods is given below:
- Payment at Bill Collection Centers
- Payment at Customer Care Centers
- Drop Box Locations
- Easy Pay Centers
How to pay your Torrent Power bill online
Given below are the steps you will have to follow to pay your electricity bill online:
- Visit the official Torrent Power website.
- Select the city in which you reside from the drop-down menu in the ‘Login to Your Customer Account’ section. You can also choose either English or Gujarati as any one of your preferred options.
- Enter your Service Number or Email ID followed by the password and click on ‘LOGIN’.
- You will enter the portal where you will be able to view the electricity bill after which you can proceed to complete the payment by using any one of the payment modes: credit card, debit card, e-wallet, net banking, or UPI.
- Once you have chosen the mode of payment, you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the payment and save the e-receipt for future reference.
Through Quick Pay
You can use the ‘Quick Pay’ option to pay your electricity bill. The steps to make the payment using this facility are given below:
- Visit the official website of Torrent Power.
- On the home page, you will be able to view the ‘Quick pay’ option. Click on it and you will be directed to a new page.
- Select the city where you reside from the drop-down menu and enter your service number and click on ‘View’ to view your billing amount.
- Choose any one of the payment modes from the left panel. The modes of payment you can choose are as follows: credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, and e-wallet.
- Important details such as your name and billing amount payable will be displayed. Click on ‘Proceed to Pay’. Enter the details of your card/e-Wallet/UPI/Net Banking.
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ to view the amount to be paid. Click on ‘Make Payment’.
- You will have to authorise the payment. Once that is done, the payment will be completed post which you will receive a confirmation for the same on your screen.
- Save the e-receipt for future reference.
Through Mobile App
You can also pay your electricity bill through the Torrent Power Mobile App. The steps are given below:
- Download the Torrent Power Connect app on your phone.
- Log in using your login credentials.
- On your dashboard, click on the ‘Pay Now’ option.
- You can view the electricity bill and choose your preferred mode of payment.
- Enter the details of your Card/UPI/Net Banking/ e-Wallet.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to authorise the payment and click on ‘Make Payment’.
- Your payment has been completed for which you will receive a confirmation message on your screen and also on your registered mobile number.
- You can save the e-receipt.
You can pay your electricity bill by using e-wallets such as Paytm, Amazon Pay, Freecharge, Mobikwik, etc. You can make the payment by either visiting the website of these e-wallets or by using their mobile app. The steps to pay the electricity bill through e-wallet are given below:
- Visit the e-wallet website or open the e-wallet mobile app on your phone.
- Under the ‘Electricity’ section select the state in which you reside and select ‘Torrent Power’ under ‘Electricity Board’.
- Enter your service number and click on ‘Proceed’. You will be able to view the billing amount.
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete the payment of your electricity bill. You will receive a confirmation both from the e-wallet company and the electricity board once the payment has been completed.
- You can avail the Electronic Clearing Services (ECS) Payment facility to pay your electricity bill. Visit the Torrent Power official website and under ‘Payment Option’ click on ‘ECS’ where you will find the link to download the ESC form. Get a printout and duly fill the form and submit it at the nearest zonal office. Once the service is activated, the billing amount will be debited directly from your bank account each month on the due date.
- You can use the E-CMS Payment facility where you can pay the electricity bill through NEFT or RTGS.
Some of the important details required to pay through NEFT or RTGS are given below:
- Beneficiary Name - Torrent Power Limited
- Beneficiary Bank - HDFC Bank Limited
- Bank Account No.- TPLAHM < service number > for Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar customers and TPLSRT < service number > for Surat customers
For example, if your service number is 123456789 then write TPLAHM123456789 for customers in Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar and TPLSRT123456789 for Surat customers.
- Name of the Branch - Sandoz Branch, Mumbai
- IFSC Code of the Branch - HDFC0000240
There are various offline methods you can use to pay your electricity bill. We will have a look at them:
- You can pay your electricity bill by visiting the nearest Bill Collection Centers. You can find the nearest bill collection center on the official website of Torrent Power. Based on the area in which you reside, you will be able to view the list of bill collection centers near you.
- You can visit the nearest Torrent Power Customer Care Centers to pay your electricity bill. The details of the nearest customer care centers can be found on the official website of Torrent Power. It must be noted that the customer care centers operate from Monday to Saturday between 09:15 a.m. and 17:15 p.m.
- There are various drop-boxes available in various parts of Gujarat where you can drop your cheque or demand draft. The addresses of drop box locations can be found on the Torrent Power official website.
- Pay your electricity bills by visiting the nearest Easy Pay Centers. The details of the nearest Easy Pay Centers can be found on the official website of Torrent Power.
Torrent Power Customer Care
You can get in touch with a Torrent Power customer care executive through:
- Phone number: +91 79 22551912 or 66551912
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Head Office address: Sola Road, Naranpura, Ahmedabad - 380 013
FAQs of Torrent Power Ahmedabad Electricity Bill Payment
What are the modes of payment through which I can pay my electricity bill offline?
You can pay your electricity bill via debit card, credit card, UPI, demand draft, cheque, or cash.
Can I part-pay my electricity bill through E-CMS Payment facility?
No, part-payment of electricity bills is not allowed through E-CMS Payment facility.
Can I issue post-dated cheques?
No, the company will not accept post-dated cheques. It is recommended you issue your cheque within the due date.
Do I have to pay any service fee if I make payment online?
A processing fee or convenience fee will be charged depending on the payment mode chosen by you. The convenience fee charged for each payment mode is given below:
Payment through Internet banking No charges applicable Payment through Credit card 0.80% of the amount payable + GST Payment through Debit card Rs.16 + GST
Can I pay my electricity bill after the due date?
Yes, you can pay your electricity bill after the due date. However, you will be charged a late payment fee on the existing billing amount.