Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) is a body which is tasked with the job of generating, transmitting, and distributing electricity in different parts of Punjab. The body was formed in 1959 and was later divided into two companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd. (POWERCOM) and Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd. (TRANSCO) by the Government of Punjab.
If you are a customer of PSPCL, it is important for you to know the processes you can follow in order to pay your electricity bill.
Table of Contents
PSPCL Electricity Board payment methods
You can pay your PSPCL electricity bill online by visiting the official website of PSPCL. You will have to enter your account number and submit it following which you can view your bill and then proceed to pay it using different modes of payments available.
You can also pay your electricity bills by downloading the PSPCL mobile app. You can log in using your credentials and post that you will have the option of paying your electricity bill using the payment mode which you feel comfortable. The modes of payment available are debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI, or e-wallets.
You can directly pay your PSPCL electricity bills by logging in to your e-wallet account on the e-wallet website or app. You will have to select the state in which you reside followed by the board. Enter the account/consumer number after which you can then view the billing amount after which you can proceed to pay your electricity bill.
You can visit the nearest section office or collection center to pay your electricity bill. Do not forget to carry your electricity bill with you. You can then pay your electricity bill using modes of payment such as credit card, debit card, UPI, net banking, e-wallets, cheque, demand draft, or simply by cash.
How to pay your PSPCL bill online
Given below are the steps you will have to follow in order to pay your electricity bill online:
- Visit the official website of PSPCL
- On the main page click on Insta Bill Payment. You will be directed to a new page
- You will have a host of payment options to choose from. If you are a registered customer, click on ‘Bill Pay’. You will be directed to a new page
- Enter the account number and click on ‘Submit’
- You can then view the bill and then proceed to make the payment.
- Choose the mode of payment following which you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP. Your payment will be completed. You can save the e-receipt for future reference.
There are different e-wallets available which you can use to pay your electricity bill. Some of the e-wallets that you can use to pay your electricity bills are Paytm, Amazon Pay, Mobikwik, Freecharge, etc. We will list down the steps you will have to follow in order to pay your electricity bill:
- Visit the official website of the e-wallet or open the e-wallet app on your mobile phone
- Click on ‘electricity bill’/ ‘bill’ section on the page. You will be directed to a new page
- Enter the state in which you reside, followed by the electricity board. Enter the consumer number or your account number. Click on submit
- The bill will be fetched, and you will be able to view the billing amount. Proceed to complete the payment. Follow the instructions. Once the payment is completed, save the e-receipt for future reference
How to pay PSPCL electricity bill through other options
Through mobile app
You can pay your electricity bill by downloading the PSPCL mobile app. Given below are the steps you will have to follow if you wish to pay your electricity bill through the mobile app:
- Download the PSPCL app
- Login using by providing your mobile phone and then verifying it by entering the One-Time Password (OTP) you will receive on your mobile number
- You can then view the bill and then click on ‘Pay Bill’. You will be directed to a new page
- You will be able to view the billing amount and then proceed to complete the payment by choosing any one of the modes of payment available – debit card, credit card, UPI, net banking, or e-wallet
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP. Your payment has been completed. Save the e-receipt for future reference
You can pay your electricity bill offline by visiting the nearest section office or collection center. Make sure you carry the electricity bill along with you in order to make the payment process quick. You can pay using your credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, e-wallets, demand draft, cheque, or simply by cash.
PSPCL Electricity Board customer care
In case of any query or complaint related to your electricity bill or connection, you can call the customer care number 1912 where a customer care executive will get in touch with you and will help you resolve your query.
You can also send a mail to email@example.com in case of any query you would like to get resolved.
There are various nodal complaint centers in different parts of Punjab, the details of which you will find on the PSPCL website.
FAQs of PSPCL Punjab State Electricity Bill Payment
Can I pay my electricity bill through UMANG?
Yes, you can pay your electricity bill through UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance). You can either download the app or simply visit the official website of UMANG and log in and then under ‘Electricity Bill’, select state, electricity board, and the consumer number. The bill will be fetched, following which you can proceed to complete the payment of your electricity bill.
Can I make advance payment against my bill?
Yes, you can make an advance payment against your electricity bill. You can do so by visiting the official website of PSPCL and click on insta bill payment. You will be directed to a new page where you will find the option of making an advance payment against your bill. Follow the instructions thereafter and you will successfully be able to make an advance payment.
What are the timings of Cash Counters at Sub Divisional/Divisional Offices?
The cash collection centers at Sub Divisional and divisional offices are open from 09:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday of every week except on public holidays.
How can I correct my address and spelling of my name?
You will have to submit an application form which must quote your current address from your current bill. You will also have to submit necessary documents including you photo identity document such as Aadhaar, Passport, Voter Id, etc. as proofs in order to get your address and name updated or corrected in the PSPCL database.