*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Kolhapur
Kolhapur is one of the major markets of gold in Maharashtra. Gold rate in Kolhapur is decided after a number of factors are taken into consideration. With a sizable population of gold buyers in the city being females and service-sector people, Kolhapur has a good demand for gold ornaments. This is also true for the rural populace who tend to invest in gold ornaments as a form of savings instead of gold bullions or ingots. The lower and middle class people in Kolhapur have an affinity towards gold.
Gold is available in different types in Kolhapur. Therefore, gold rate in Kolhapur varies from product-to-product of the yellow metal. In general, the gold bullion rates are the lowest in the city, while jewellery, ornaments and coins tend to cost more due to the workmanship done on them. Gold rate in Kolhapur is dynamic and follows the general trend of the state of Maharashtra.
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,989 per gram||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs.3,038 per gram on June 1st|
|Last day||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs.3,112 per gram on 30th of June|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,154 per gram on 30 April.||Rs. 3,154 per gram on 1 May.||Rs.3,192 per gram on 27th of June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,989 per gram on 1 April.||Rs. 2,915 per gram on 14 May.||Rs.3,015 per gram on June 3rd|
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur in April 2016
- There was an increase in the price of gold as the month of April progressed.
- A number of fluctuations were witnessed in gold rates throughout the month.
- The highest rate of gold recorded was on the last day of the month at Rs. 3,154 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur in May 2016
- Boosted by an increase in demand, the price of gold per gram was Rs. 3,154 at the beginning of the month.
- However, as the month progressed there was a gradual decline. This may be due to the expectation of hike in interest rates by US Fed.
- A decline of 4.31% was witnessed.
Gold Rate Trend of Kolhapur in June 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs.3,038 per gram on the 1st of June.
- Gold scored the highest for the month on 27th of June at Rs.3,192 per gram.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,112 per gram on the 30th of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Factor January February March 1st day Rs. 2,601 per gram Rs. 2,775 per gram Rs. 3,068 per gram Last day Rs. 2,775 per gram Rs. 3068 per gram Rs. 2,989 per gram Highest price Rs. 2,775 per gram on 31, January. Rs. 3068 per gram on 29 February Rs. 3086 per gram on 31, March. Lowest price Rs. 2,601 per gram on 1, January. Rs. 2,775 per gram on 1 February. Rs. 2,989 per gram on 1, March. Trend Rising Rising Decline Change +6.68% +10.55% -2.57%
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur in January 2016
- Gold rates remained more or less the same throughout the month.
- A rise of 6.68 percent was seen in the rates towards the end of the month.
- The highest rate was seen on the last day of the month at Rs. 2,775 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur in February 2016
At Rs. 2,775 per gram, gold was at its lowest rate at the beginning of the month.
- However,prices increased towards the end.
- There were a few fluctuations in the rate of gold throughout the entire month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kolhapur in March 2016
- One of the highest rates of gold per gram was seen in the month of March.
- There were very minor fluctuations, however as the month progressed, the rate of gold declined.
- A decline of 2.57% was seen by the end of the month as compared to the rates at the beginning.
Details of Gold Price in Kolhapur (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till July 2015
Gold rate in Kolhapur for 2015 is available for both 22 karat and 24 karat purities of the yellow metal.
22 karat gold (per gram rates): Since the beginning of 2015, 22-karat gold rate in Kolhapur has seen a general downward movement. Prices were generally above Rs.2,600 in the month of January, and were at a healthy above-2,500 level throughout February and March. The peak reached on 23rd January at Rs.2,625 hasn’t been matched at any other date in this year in Kolhapur. Prices stayed at the level of Rs.2,400 to Rs.2,500 through most of April and May before peaking on Rs.2,583 on 19th May. Gold rates were stable at Rs.2,450 to Rs.2,500 throughout the month of June, while July saw further depreciation of rates over the month before bottoming out on 25th July at Rs.2,279.
24 karat gold (per gram rates): 24 karat gold rate in Kolhapur at the start of the year was above Rs.2,600. Prices climbed steeply for the next 3 weeks and peaked on 23rd Jan at Rs.2,805. Prices for February started at a high of Rs.2,802 before settling in the range of Rs.2,650 to Rs.2,750 for most of the month. Prices spiralled to a low of Rs.2,580 on 13th March, before recovering some value over the next month. Prices stabilised at the level of Rs.2,650 to Rs.2,750 over the months of April and May, and peaked at Rs.2,763 on 19th May. June also saw healthy gold rate in Kolhapur with prices staying within the range of Rs.2,630 and Rs.2,700. However, there was a steep decline in prices in the month of July, when rates fell from Rs.2,600 level at the start of the month to a bottom rate of Rs.2,459 on 25th July.
Gold buying patterns in Kolhapur
Gold is popular in the form of ornaments and jewellery in Kolhapur, being the choice product for female, service-industry and rural people. Gold is available in Kolhapur in the following forms:
- Physical gold: Solid gold is sold in the forms of jewellery, ornaments, utensils, bullions, bars, ingots, coins etc. in Kolhapur, with the most popular form being jewelleries and ornaments. These typically have a higher price tag than pure gold bars. Coins are also a good option as they allow people to hold gold in lower denominations, with bank-offered coins usually sold at higher price due to their assured quality.
- Traded gold: Gold is also available for trade on spot and futures markets. The spot contracts can be bought instantly, with the physical metal getting delivered in the next few days, while futures contract is available for buying gold at current prices for a future date. This helps in offsetting the effects of inflation and will give buyers additional option to earn profits if markets are favourable to the price of gold. Gold is also available as exchange traded funds (ETF) by various providers, who speculate on the rate of gold on stock exchanges such as the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- Also Check:Gold Rate in Maharashtra
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kolhapur
|Gold Rate In Mumbai||Gold Rate In Nagpur||Gold Rate In Pune||Gold Rate In Aurangabad|
|Gold Rate In Thane||Gold Rate In Nashik||Gold Rate In Solapur||Gold Rate In Amravati|
|Gold Rate In Nanded||Gold Rate In Sangli||Gold Rate In Jalgaon|
Read more on Gold
- Gold Rates Trend in 2015
- Gold and Devaluation – A Relationship
- Lack of Credibility in India’s Hallmarked Jewelleries
- How Do Fluctuations In The Gold Rate Affect The Indian Economy?
- Significance of Gold in Indian Culture
- How To Buy Gold Coins/Bars (Bullion) Online