*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
One of the highest demands for gold comes from the state of Maharashtra. Thane, popularly known as the ‘City of Lakes’, is a flourishing city in the state. A part of the Mumbai Metropolitan region, Thane is also home to a number of industries. With the city being quite prosperous as the third most industrialized district in the state, most of the residents invest in gold as a safe haven. Gold sales usually tend to go up during the festivals of Dussehra and Diwali, where it is considered auspicious to buy gold.
Gold price in Thane
The price of gold varies in Thane usually depending on purity, with rates decreasing as the amount of the yellow metal reduces. 24 karat gold generally is priced more than 22 karat, 18k or 14k gold. People invest in gold in the form of jewelry or coins. Several other factors such as demand and supply, local cesses, import duties, and international market trends also influence the rate of gold.
24 karat gold
2016 has proven to be a beneficial year for gold, as rates increased post the 5-year-low experienced in the year 2015. For most of 2015, gold was priced at Rs 2,600 per gram. 24 karat gold is considered to be the purest form perhaps the best way to invest in gold, thanks to its purity. Gold having 99.9% is considered the best, however it cannot be made into jewelry owing to its softness. Individuals in Thane who are planning to purchase 24k gold weighing 1 gram would have to pay around Rs 2,970 (as of March 11, 2016). The rates may vary from store to store. With the price of 1 gram gold going up to Rs 400, the prices are expected to rise even further.
22 karat gold
When it comes to purchasing gold, be it jewelry or coins, 22 karat gold is considered to be the most feasible option. Having a purity level of 92% it is priced cheaper and more affordable than 24 karat gold. As of March 11, 2016, the price of 22 karat gold is Rs 2,776 for 1 gram. Gold rates have witnessed an upward trend since the beginning of 2016, increasing from Rs 2,370 to the present rate.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,127 per gram||Rs.3,070 per gram||Rs.3,074 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,088 per gram||Rs.3,081 per gram||Rs.3,093 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,135 per gram from 12 to 17 October||Rs.3,115 per gram on 19 and 20 November||Rs.3,094 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,002 per gram from 23 to 26 October||Rs.3,061 per gram on 6 November||Rs.2,988 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for October 2017
- Gold opened on a relatively high note, trading at Rs.3,127 per gram when October began.
- Rates continued at this rate before dropping to Rs.3,104 per gram on the 4th as demand seemed to fall amid poor local demand and a rising US dollar.
- Gold prices in Thane flatlined at Rs.3,084 per gram from 6th to 8th October before increasing to Rs.3,119 per gram on the 9th and rising to the month’s highest figure of Rs.3,135 per gram on the 12th of October.
- The yellow metal’s rates continued at Rs.3,135 per gram till the 17th - owing to festive demand and a weak US dollar - but fell to Rs.3,011 per gram on the 19th.
- Gold rates hit their lowest for the month when the metal traded at Rs.3,002 per gram from the period between the 23rd and 26th October.
- From this point on, rates improved gradually to end the month at Rs.3,088 per gram.
- Some poor demand towards the latter half of the month led to prices declining by 1.24% in Thane.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for November 2017:
- Gold rates in Thane saw an improvement in the month of November, thanks to various events involving the US president Donald Trump.
- The yellow metal’s rates had actually tumbled when trading began for November - starting at Rs.3,070 per gram as opposed to Rs.3,088 per gram the previous day.
- But, a weak US dollar performance - brought about by the lukewarm response to Donald Trump’s latest tax structure rejig - pushed gold rates up.
- Gold traded at its highest during the 19th and the 20th when it was priced at Rs.3,115 per gram.
- However, a improvement in US treasury yields gave the US economy a much needed reason for growth.
- By the end of this month, gold rates had plummeted to go down to Rs.3,081 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for December 2017:
- Gold rates in Thane opened strongly when December began. However, rates seemed to be on the decline for most part of the month due to poor demand.
- On the 1st of December, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,078 per gram, which then rose to Rs.3,094 per gram - the month’s highest gold rate.
- From this point on, there was consistent decline in prices with prices going down to as low as Rs.2,988 per gram on the 12th of December.
- But, a number of issues concerning the US economy and the Trump Presidency led to a weakening of the US dollar and the subsequent rise in gold prices.
- During the second half of the month, gold rates seemed to be on the incline - rising steadily and closing at Rs.3,093 per gram as the month came to an end.
- Gold price trend inclined by 0.61% in Thane in December owing to strong demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram||Rs.3,127 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,055 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.3,045 per gram from 29- 31 August||Rs.3,186 per gram from 9-12 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,981 per gram on 9 July||Rs.2,978 per gram on 8 August||Rs.3,045 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Thane for July 2017
- Gold prices in Thane were largely impacted after the implementation of GST in the country.
- The precious metal was priced at Rs.3,055 per gram on the 1st of July. This was also the highest figure recorded during the month.
- Local demand plummeted with the introduction of GST bill, and the precious metal was trading as low as Rs.2,902 per gram on the 10th.
- However, the bullion trade recovered towards the end of the month. as the dollar declined amid the geopolitical tensions between the US and North Korea. This led to gold being priced at Rs.2,988 per gram on the 30th.
- Gold trade in Thane registered a loss of 2.19% during the month, owing to poor global trends and reduced domestic demand.
Gold rate trend in Thane for August 2017
- Gold rates in Thane were mostly influenced by the geopolitical concerns prevailing in the world.
- When trading commenced, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,988 per gram.
- The 11th witnessed gold price in Thane surging to Rs.3,044 per gram as investors gravitated towards investments considered safer amid the escalating US-North Korean conflicts.
- Gold prices remained mostly on the stronger side with the continued aggression between the US and North Korea pushing demand higher for the safe-haven metal for much of the month.
- The precious metal was priced at Rs.3,045 per gram when the month ended, marking an incline of 1.90% profit in the bullion trade.
Gold rate trend in Thane for September 2017
- The month saw gold rates surge considerably in Thane, owing to the ugly stand-off between the US and North Korea, and also with the arrival of the festive season in the country.
- When trading commenced, god was priced at Rs.3,045 per gram with steady global demand.
- Equity markets tanked after North Korea announced their successful two-stage thermonuclear weapon test to the world. This led to an increase in demand for safe-haven metals like gold, and the precious metal was priced at Rs.3,186 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure on the 9th.
- The imminent arrival of Dussehra on the 26th resulted in a strong demand for the metal in the domestic markets. This led to the yellow metal being priced at Rs.3,164 per gram.
- Gold trade in Thane inclined by 2.69% during the month, owing to a strong trend overseas, coupled with a positive domestic demand.
Quarterly Gold Rate Trend in Thane from April, 2017 to June, 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,061 per gram on 29 April & 30 April||Rs.3,061 per gram on 1 May & 2 May, 2017||Rs.3,077 per gram on 7 June and 8 June, 2017|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1 April to 3 April, 2017||Rs.2,956 per gram from 11 May to 16 May, 2017||Rs.3,033 per gram from 15 June to 29 June, 2017|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline||Decline||Incline|
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for April 2017:
- On the 1st of April in Thane, gold price in Thane were recorded at Rs.3,011 per gram.
- As demand remained stable for the next two days, gold prices were holding at Rs.3,011 per gram.
- Due to a decline in US dollar value, gold prices went up to Rs.3,043 per gram on the 4th of April.
- There was sustained demand for the next five days i.e., till the 9th, which helped gold prices remain at Rs.3,043 per gram.
- On the 10th, gold prices dropped to Rs.3,025 per gram US dollar rallied.
- For the next 15 days, i.e, till the 25th, gold rates didn’t change at all and remained instead at Rs.3,025 per gram.
- However, a sudden increase in demand led to prices reaching Rs.3,036 per gram on the 26th.
- As the demand remained steady, prices went up to Rs.3,048 per gram on the 27th.
- The 29th saw gold price in Thane go up again to Rs.3,061 per gram and remained the same till the end of the month on the 30th of April.
- Gold prices in Thane went up at a rate of 1.66%, thanks to poor performance from the US dollar and commendable performance from the local market.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for May 2017:
- When trading began for the month of May in Thane, gold was priced at Rs.3,061 per gram.
- The 2nd of May saw gold prices remain at Rs.3,061 per gram but drop by Rs.41 to Rs.3,020 per gram on the 3rd.
- The sudden drop can be attributed to the rallying Us dollar.
- Gold price in Thane fell to Rs.2,996 per gram on the 4th as demand saw no signs of picking up, while dollar kept getting better.
- Gold price in Thane went further down to Rs.2,977 per gram as demand fell consistently.
- Gold rate in Thane hit their lowest - of Rs.2,956 per gram on the 11th - reaching near four-month low figures as stocks surged in the US.
- On the 17th, gold prices went up to Rs.2,973 per gram as US markets fell owing to weak manufacturing data.
- Bullion prices went up again on the 18th to 3,017 per gram and continued at the same rate as local jewellers took advantage of low international rates.
- Although, gold prices in Thane rallied towards the end of the month, there was a fall of 0.49% during the month, brought about by a strong US market.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for June 2017:
- On the 1st of June, gold was trading at Rs.3,046 per gram and remained unchanged on the 2nd.
- The 3rd saw gold trading at Rs.3,059 per gram - which then went up to Rs.3,077 per gram on the 5th.
- Prices in Thane went down to Rs.3,033 per gram on the 15th as US dollar value increased.
- From the 16th to the 29th, gold rates remained at Rs.3,033 per gram as demand from local jewellers remained stable.
- Gold rates in Thane from the 15th to the 29th i.e., Rs.3,033 per gram were the lowest bullion trading price for the month.
- When the month came to an end on the 30th, gold was trading at Rs.3,055 per gram - up by Rs.22 from the previous day’s closing rates.
- The fall in gold price trends the previous month was halted by a positive performance this month.
- The month ended with gold prices in Thane up by a marginal 0.29% - which was brought about by a falling US dollar and a solid domestic demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,884 per gram||Rs.2,985 per gram||Rs.3,054 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,985 per gram||Rs.3,054 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,997 per gram from 16th to 27th January||Rs.3,054 per gram from 24th to 28th February||Rs.3,054 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,884 per gram on 1st & 3rd January||Rs.2,985 per gram on 1st February||Rs.2,968 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for January 2017:
- Gold trading got off to a promising start in January 2017 after a disappointing Q4 in 2016, which was marred by demonetisation and the subsequent lack of money in the economy.
- The month started with gold trading at Rs.2,884 per gram - a rate which increased over the course of the next few days.
- Surprisingly, gold prices were at their lowest on the 1st and the 3rd, when the metal was trading at Rs.2,884 per gram.
- As there was no change in demand gold prices remained the same from 16th to 27th, as it was trading at Rs.2,997 per gram.
- The rates seen from 16th to 27th was the highest gold rate for the entire month.
- Gold price trends in Thane went up by 3.50%, giving January a positive start.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for February 2017:
- The month of February lost the momentum that January had gathered with regards to gold trading.
- This was mostly due to a decreasing pattern in gold demand.
- When February began gold was priced at Rs.2,985 per gram.
- Gold prices seemed to pick up to Rs.3,054 per gram later in the month when Donald Trump announced travel ban.
- February came to an end with gold rates holding at Rs.3,054 per gram - the highest gold rate for Q1 2017
- Price trends saw an inclined growth of 2.33% in February 2017.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for March 2017:
- As was evident from the falling price trend, March in Thane saw prices reach a new low.
- The fall, among other reasons, was mainly due to an interest rate hike introduced by US Federal Reserve.
- As the interest was hiked, value of the US dollar rallied thereby spurring a crash in gold purchases across sectors.
- March began with gold trading at Rs.3,054 per gram - the same rate as February 28th - but decreased to Rs.2,968 per gram by the 15th as demand took a massive hit.
- However, prices rallied to end the month at a decent price of Rs.3,011 per gram.
- Despite an increase in demand over the last few days, gold price trends couldn’t help falling into the negative side.
- Price trends went down by 1.40% in Thane for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,249||Rs.3,168 per gram||Rs.2,938 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,168||Rs.2,975 per gram||Rs.2,884 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,247 per gram on 11th November||Rs.2,938 per gram from 1st to 7th|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,123 from 7th October to 9th October||Rs.2,949 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,810 per gram on the 22nd and 26th|
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for October 2016
- In the fourth quarter of the year, the price of gold on October 1st in Thane was Rs.3,249. However, there were a number of variations noted in the rate of gold and as the days progressed, due to a dip in demand, price of gold plunged to Rs.3,123 per gram on the 9th.
- The rate of gold is heavily dependent on market conditions in both domestic as well as international markets along with political factors. Although October is wedding season, demand was not as high as expected contributing to fluctuations in the rate of gold throughout the month.
- On 10th, rate of gold increased to Rs.3,135 per gram and continued from there to Rs.3,143 per gram on 13th of October. However, this increase in gold rate could not be sustained and the price of gold reduced to Rs.3,133 per gram on the 14th of the month.
- Due to fluctuations in demand, price of gold varied as well and traded at Rs.3,154 per gram on the 20th.
- The last 10 days of October saw prices stabilise a little and rise to trade at Rs.3,168 per gram on the 26th and continued at the same rate till the end of the month.
- Overall, there was a decline of -2.49% seen in the price of gold in the month of October in Thane.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane for November 2016
- Price of gold was relatively high during the month of November in Thane. Rate of gold depends on a number of factors including demand in both international and domestic markets as well as political factors.
- On the 1st of November, gold traded at Rs.3,168 per gram which was quite high due to sustained demand. The ongoing wedding season in India contributed to this high rate as well.
- Gold continued trading at a high rate and which then increased to Rs.3,197 by the 9th as demand for this precious metal increased.
- On the 8th of November, notes worth Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 were banned by the government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in an effort to curb corruption. This move came to be known as demonetization and during the next few days, a severe cash crunch was witnessed.
- Rate of gold increased on the 11th to Rs.3,247 per gram which could be attributed to sustained demand.
- However, the rate of gold declined from the 13th of November as PAN card was made mandatory for gold purchases of more than Rs.2 lakh leading to a reduction in demand.
- From 13th of November to 18th of November, rate of gold was steady at Rs.3,082 per gram but reduced after to Rs.3,009 per gram on the 19th.
- Rate of gold continued declining as the price hit Rs.2,976 per gram on 24th and then to Rs.2,949 per gram on the 25th.
- As issues regarding cash crunch declined slightly, gold rates picked up to trade at Rs.2,975 per gram at the end of the month.
- The month of November saw an overall decline of -6.09% in Thane regarding the price of gold.
Gold Trend Rate in Thane for December 2016
- Demonetization resulted in a severe cash crunch, affecting the economy and the U.S Election results continued to have an impact on the rate of gold even during the month of December.
- This precious metal opened at Rs.2,938 per gram which was a decline of Rs. 37 from the last day of November.
- Although, prices remained steady until the 7th of December, it reduced to Rs.2,907 per gram on the 8th.
- On 10th December, rate of gold declined to hit Rs.2,879 per gram and then to Rs.2,842 per gram on the 16th.
- As the weeks progressed, the price of gold declined to Rs.2,826 per gram on the 17th and continued at the same rate till 21st but reduced again to Rs.2,810 per gram on the 22nd of the month.
- Towards the end of the month, the price of gold slightly improved to close at at Rs.2,884 per gram.
- Overall, the month of December saw a decline of -1.83% in the price of gold as compared to that at the beginning of the month.
|1st day||Rs.3,112 per gram||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,212 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,225 per gram||Rs.3,279 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 per gram on 31st July||Rs.3,283 per gram on 18th August||Rs.3,285 from 23rd September to 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,225 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,212 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in July 2016
- Gold performed well this month as trends in the global market stayed positive.
- Investors had strong expectations of the central banks providing monetary stimulus in the markets post the Brexit vote.
- Demand was high for gold although there was a slump as expectations of the Fed rate hike also grew strong.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,112 per gram and had climbed to Rs.3,249 per gram by the end of the month.
- The trend for this month was an increase of 4.40% in gold prices.
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in August 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,249 per gram at the start of the month.
- Demand for gold was high this month in the domestic and global markets.
- On 18th August, gold prices were at their highest for the month at Rs.3,283 per gram.
- The U.S. economic data was positive and resulted in hawkish comments from the Federal Reserve that a rate hike was highly possible.
- Gold prices started to decline and fell to Rs.3,225 per gram on 31st August, the lowest rate for this month.
- There was a decline in gold prices by 0.74%.
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in September 2016
- The market had a bearish outlook but the dip in gold prices was welcomed in the domestic market as prices fell just in time for the festive season.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,212 per gram on 1st September.
- Demand for gold received another boost when the U.S. Federal Reserve announced that the rate hike would be put on hold till December in light of the upcoming presidential elections.
- Gold prices started to climb quickly and had reached their highest for this quarter from 23rd September to 26th September, trading at at Rs.3,285 per gram.
- There was an increase of 2.08% in gold prices.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,989 per gram||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs.3,038 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs.3,112 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,154 per gram on April 30||Rs. 3,154 per gram on May 20||Rs.3,192 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,989 per gram on April 5||Rs. 3,018 per gram on May 31||Rs.3,015 per gram on 3rd June|
|Trend||Rise||Decline||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in April 2016
- Gold rates were relatively steady in the month of April with only a few minor fluctuations here and there.
- The highest rate of gold in the month was witnessed on the last day with gold trading at Rs. 3,154 per gram and the lowest was Rs. 2,989 per gram on 5th April.
- A rise of 5.52% was seen in the price of gold towards the end of april.
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in May 2016
- On the first day of the month, gold opened at Rs. 3,154 per gram.
- As the month of May progressed, a decline of 4.31% was seen due to imminent rate hike by U.S. Fed.
- The highest was on the 20th of May at Rs. 3,154 per gram whereas gold rate was lowest on the last day of the month, at Rs. 3,018.
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in June 2016
- The price of gold in Thane showed an incremental increase as demand rose due to higher demand domestically as well as global cues.
- Rates were steady towards the middle of the month as demand was low due to the markets performing well.
- Prices peaked at Rs.3,192 per gram in the last week of June due to markets crashing on news that Britain voted to leave the European Union.
- Prices stabilised towards the end of the month but continued to be high, closing at Rs.3,112 per gram.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,601 per gram||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram||Rs. 2,989 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,789 per gram on January 27||Rs. 3,068 per gram on February 29||Rs. 3,093 per gram on March 12|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,601 per gram on January 1||Rs. 2,775 per gram on February 1||Rs. 2,989 per gram on March 31|
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in January 2016
- Gold opened at Rs. 2,601 per gram on the first day of the month.
- Minor fluctuations in the price of gold was noted as the month progressed.
- The lowest price at which gold traded was Rs. 2,601 per gram on the first of the month and as the month progressed, a rise of 6.68% was seen in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in February 2016
- At the beginning of the month, gold traded at Rs. 2,775 per gram which was also the lowest for the month.
- Although there were minor fluctuations in the rate of gold, as the month of February progressed, prices steadily increased.
- The highest for the month was Rs. 3,068 per gram on the 29th of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Thane in March 2016
- There was a decline of 2.57% noted in the price of gold as the month progressed. This could be attributed to the default crisis in Greece or expectation of rate hike by U.S. Fed.
- Gold touched its highest price on the 12th of March at Rs.3,093 per gram.
- Gold closed at Rs. 2989 per gram which was also the lowest price for the month.
Gold investment avenues in Thane
Gold has always been a popular mode of investment in Thane. People in the city are quite fascinated with gold jewelry.The sale of the yellow metal usually sees a rise during the wedding season and festivals. Apart from wealth accumulation, gold can also be used to avail loans from banks. The government has also introduced new gold schemes to help residents invest better. A few other investment options are mentioned as under:
Over-the-counter: Thane jewellers offer a number of gold products at different prices, thereby catering to a diverse consumer base. With Thane having a number of popular showrooms that sell BIS hallmarked gold, most of the people in the city throng these stores to purchase gold in the form of jewelry. Some stores also sell gold bars and coins, that come with a purity certificate.
Market trade: Thanks to the Internet, one does not need to wait in long queues, especially during festivals, to purchase gold. The consumer can buy Gold ETFs, futures contracts and E-gold online from certified dealers. The Mumbai Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange (NSE) also provide a platform for people who wish to trade in gold.
**Disclaimer: The gold rates mentioned above are not constant. They are subject to change as per the market conditions.**
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Maharashtra
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Thane
|Gold Rate In Nashik||Gold Rate In Solapur||Gold Rate In Amravati||Gold Rate In Nanded|
|Gold Rate In Jalgaon||Gold Rate In Kolhapur||Gold Rate In Mumbai||Gold Rate In Nagpur|
|Gold Rate In Pune||Gold Rate In Aurangabad||Gold Rate In Surat||Gold Rate In Sangli|
Read more on Gold
- Significance Of Gold In Indian Culture
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- Gold Monetization Scheme
- Which One Should You Buy Gold Coins Or Gold Bars
- Top 10 Gold ETFs in India