Also known as the ‘City of Lakes’, Thane is a growing city in the state of Maharashtra. With a shift from traditional occupations to more industrial growth, interest in bullion has been steadily growing. Gold prices in Thane are determined by local demand, which peaks during festive and wedding seasons. There has been a rise in gold purchases for investment as well. Gold rate trends and historic trends can be found below.
*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Today's Gold Price in Thane
One of the highest demands for gold comes from the state of Maharashtra. Thane, popularly known as the ‘City of Lakes’, is a flourishing city in the state. A part of the Mumbai Metropolitan region, Thane is also home to a number of industries. With the city being quite prosperous as the third most industrialized district in the state, most of the residents invest in gold as a safe haven. Gold sales usually tend to go up during the festivals of Dussehra and Diwali, where it is considered auspicious to buy gold.
The price of gold varies in Thane usually depending on purity, with rates decreasing as the amount of the yellow metal reduces. 24k Gold Rate generally is priced more than 22 karat, 18k or 14k gold. People invest in gold in the form of jewelry or coins. Several other factors such as demand and supply, local cesses, import duties, and international market trends also influence the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane from July 2022 to September 2022
|1st Day||Rs.5,122 per gram||Rs.5,038 per gram||Rs.4,964 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,059 per gram||Rs.5,043 per gram||Rs.4,954 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,143 per gram on 2 July, 3 July, and 4 July||Rs.5,138 per gram on 14 August and 15 August||Rs.4,991 per gram on 6 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,959 per gram on 18 July||Rs.5,017 per gram on 23 August, 24 August, and 29 August||Rs.4,880 per gram on 28 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thane from July 2022 to September 2022
- On 1 July 2022, the price of gold in Thane was Rs.5,122 per gram. Gold rates fluctuated by the end of the month and closed at Rs.5,059 for a gram. Gold prices decreased by -1.24% during the month in Thane.
- On 1 August 2022, the price of the yellow metal in Thane was Rs.5,038 per gram. Gold rates increased by the end of the month and closed at Rs.5,043 for a gram. Overall, gold prices rose by 0.10% in Thane in August.
- In Thane, the month of September opened with gold price standing at the rate of Rs.4,964 per gram. Gold prices in Thane recorded the lowest for the month on 28 September when 24-karat gold was being traded for Rs.4,880 per gram. The overall performance of the yellow metal witnessed a declining trend wherein the percentage change stood at –0.20%.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane from April 2022 to June 2022
|1st Day||Rs.5,121 per gram||Rs.5,184 per gram||Rs.5,080 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,184 per gram||Rs.5,117 per gram||Rs.5,001 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,326 per gram on 18 April and 19 April||Rs.5,184 per gram on 1 May||Rs.5,180 per gram on 13 June|
|Lowest Price||Rs.5,089 per gram on 4 April, 5 April, and 6 April||Rs.4,933 per gram on 18 May||Rs.5,001 per gram on 30 June|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thane from April 2022 to June 2022
- On 1 April 2022, the price of gold in Thane was Rs.5,121 per gram. Gold rates jumped by the end of the month and closed at Rs.5,184 for a gram. Gold prices jumped by 1.23% over the course of the month in Thane.
- On 1 May 2022, the price of gold in Thane was Rs.5,184 per gram. Gold rates fell by the end of the month and closed at Rs.5,117 for a gram. Overall, gold prices fell by 1.29% in Thane in May.
- In Thane, the month of June opened with gold price standing at the rate of Rs.5,080 per gram. Gold prices in Thane recorded the lowest for the month on 30 June when a gram of the 24-karat gold was being traded for Rs.5,001. The overall performance of the yellow metal witnessed a declining trend wherein the percentage change stood at 1.55%.
Gold Rate Trend in Thane from January 2022 to March 2022 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.4,895 per gram||Rs.4,837 per gram||Rs.5,016 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,837 per gram||Rs.5,047 per gram||Rs.5,089 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,942 per gram on 26 January||Rs.5,095 per gram on 24 February||Rs.6,181 per gram on 10 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,795 per gram on 10 January||Rs.4,837 per gram on 1 and 2 February||Rs.5,016 per gram on 1 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thane from January 2022 to March 2022
- In Thane, the gold price opened at Rs.4,895 per gram in the month of January. Over the month, the prices fluctuated and settled at Rs.4,837 per gram by the end of the month.Overall, the performance of gold in Thane was one of decline with a percentage change of 1.18% for the month of January.
- In Thane, the gold prices opened at Rs.4,837 per gram for the month of February. Gold reached its highest price point of Rs.5,095 per gram on 24 February.
- In Thane, the gold rate in March opened atRs.5,106 per gram. The month ended with the metal reaching Rs.5,089 per gram. The gold performance in Thane inclined in the month by 1.45%.
Gold investment avenues in Thane
Gold has always been a popular mode of investment in Thane. People in the city are quite fascinated with gold jewelry.The sale of the yellow metal usually sees a rise during the wedding season and festivals. Apart from wealth accumulation, gold can also be used to avail loans from banks. The government has also introduced new gold schemes to help residents invest better. A few other investment options are mentioned as under:
Over-the-counter: Thane jewellers offer a number of gold products at different prices, thereby catering to a diverse consumer base. With Thane having a number of popular showrooms that sell BIS hallmarked gold, most of the people in the city throng these stores to purchase gold in the form of jewelry. Some stores also sell gold bars and coins, that come with a purity certificate.
Market trade: Thanks to the Internet, one does not need to wait in long queues, especially during festivals, to purchase gold. The consumer can buy Gold ETFs, futures contracts and E-gold online from certified dealers. The Mumbai Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange (NSE) also provide a platform for people who wish to trade in gold.
**Disclaimer: The gold rates mentioned above are not constant. They are subject to change as per the market conditions.**
- Check - Gold Rate in Maharashtra
FAQs on Gold rate in Thane
- Where should I buy gold in Thane?
In Thane, you can buy gold from any reputed jeweller. You can conisder buying gold from one of the many branded jewellers or even buy it from small jewellers. However, you have to make sure that the gold that you are getting is hallmarked and has proper authentication and paperwork done.
- Why do gold rates fluctuate in different places in Thane?
The main reason behind the varied rates of gold across different cities and states in India is the addition of transportation charges of the precious metal. In addition to that, the rates also vary depending on the discount provided for bulk purchases.
- What are some of the brands from whom I can purchase gold in Thane?
Some of the brands through which you can purchase gold from are PC Chandra Jewellers, Tanishq, TBZ, Kalyan Jewellers, , Malabar Gold and Diamond, etc.
- How many grams in one tola gold in Thane?
Tola is a Hindi term used to measure gold. One tola gold is equivalent to 10 grams of gold.
- Will the Thane gold price keep changing in India?
Yes, the gold price in India will keep changing. The gold prices change on the basis of the fluctuations in the market, government tariffs and duties, etc.
- Is 22K gold Same as 916 in Thane?
Yes, 22 karat gold and 916 gold are the same. 916 is used to denote the percentage of pure gold in the 22 karat gold alloy. In 100 grams of 22 karat gold, 91.6 gram is pure gold and the remainder is a mix of other metals. In other words, 916 stands for 91.6% purity of gold or 22/24 karat purity.
- What are the factors that determine the price of gold in Thane?
The price of gold is dependent on a number of factors such as the demand, rates of interest, international political conditions, condition of the stock markets, government policies, and so on.
Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Thane
|Gold Rate In Nashik||Gold Rate In Solapur||Gold Rate In Amravati||Gold Rate In Nanded|
|Gold Rate In Jalgaon||Gold Rate In Kolhapur||Gold Rate In Mumbai||Gold Rate In Nagpur|
|Gold Rate In Pune||Gold Rate In Aurangabad||Gold Rate In Surat||Gold Rate In Sangli|
Read More on Gold
- GST on Gold
- Gold And Devaluation
- Gold Price Valuation In India
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- How Gold Rate Fluctuation Affects Indian Economy
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold
- How Does Gold Investment Affect Indian Economy?
- How Will Restricting Gold Imports in India Affect Gold Rates?
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Why Gold Prices Are Up