*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Located on the banks of the Godavari River, Nanded is one of the primary locations for Sikh pilgrimages. It’s the place where Guru Gobind Singh granted Guruship to Guru Grant Saheb, and also where Guru Gobind Singh passed away. The Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University has helped Nanded become an education hub in the region, attracting many students and investors in student-related services.
Nanded has always had a high demand for gold and gold jewellery, but people are focussing more on the possibility of using gold as an investment avenue instead of just as a precious metal, or a decoration with which to adorn oneself at weddings and functions.
Gold rate in Nanded
Variations in the quality and purity of the gold usually dictate the base price for standard weights, but hallmarking and workmanship also play a crucial role in determining the value of gold.
24 karat gold: This is the purest form of gold that can be commercially traded. It has a purity rating of 99.9%, and is the ideal investment for gold investors. Jewellers and the general masses usually have no use for this type of gold, as it is unfit for crafting any jewellery or ornaments. Currently, the price for 10 grams of 24 karat gold in Nanded is Rs.30,680 (as on 11th March, 2016). The rate for 24 karat gold in Nanded has been relatively steady over the past month, and this stability is in stark contrast with the global trends in gold prices. The stability in prices is expected to continue to the end of this month, with only slight variations.
22 karat gold: This form of gold is primarily used for making ornaments and jewellery, and is rated as having a purity of 92%. The addition of materials that reduce the purity of the gold is what makes it ideal for craftsmen, jewellers, and goldsmiths to mould or craft the gold into the desired shapes and jewellery. Currently, the price for 10 grams of 22 karat gold in Nanded is Rs.28,480 (as on 11th March, 2016). 22 karat gold has held a steady price over the last month, and expert predictions say that the stability is expected to continue unaffected by small variations in the international gold market.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,127 per gram||Rs.3,070 per gram||Rs.3,074 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,088 per gram||Rs.3,081 per gram||Rs.3,093 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,135 per gram from 12 to 17 October||Rs.3,115 per gram on 19 and 20 November||Rs.3,094 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,002 per gram from 23 to 26 October||Rs.3,061 per gram on 6th November||Rs.2,988 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for October 2017:
- Gold prices in Nanded were quite positive, opening at Rs.3,127 per gram following positive market trends and a rise in local demand.
- The price of gold fell as the dollar rate made a recovery after a prolonged period of instability, leading to a gradual decrease in local demand as well.
- Prices began to rise marginally towards the middle of the month, as gold hit its monthly high of Rs.3,135 per gram from 12-17 October.
- A market recovery led to a decline in demand for gold, as local demand also plunged in spite of the festive season.
- As the U.S. Dollar continued to make gains and equity markets recovered some of their earlier losses, gold prices fell universally.
- Gold price in Nanded dropped to a monthly low of Rs.3,002 per gram from 23-26 October before recovering to close the month at Rs.3,088 per gram on 31 October.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for November 2017:
- Gold price in Nanded began the month at Rs.3,070 per gram, with prices falling further as strong equity markets and a stable dollar kept demand for gold low.
- The announcement of the new tax policy led to markets falling considerably, which gave gold a sudden boost.
- Gold price in Nanded surged as global markets also fell following the tax policy announcement, with local demand also rising.
- Prices reached their monthly high of Rs.3,115 per gram on 19 November as industrial units also sought to capitalise on favourable conditions.
- Demand for gold began to slip as the initial turbulence wore off, resulting in a gradual decline in price.
- Prices were somewhat bolstered by continued demand from local jewellers on account of the wedding season.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.3,088 per gram on 30 November.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for December 2017:
- The 1st of December saw gold priced at Rs.3,078 per gram, with prices declining due to steady equity markets.
- Gold price in Nanded rose marginally to trade at Rs.3,094 per gram after a drop in the dollar rate led to increased buying globally.
- Prices fluctuated sharply, with gold prices falling to Rs.2,988 per gram on 12 December as local demand also succumbed to global uncertainty.
- Gold prices began to rise after the middle of the month, as the political uncertainty in the UNited States led to markets being unsteady.
- Demand for gold rose marginally, resulting in the metal trading at Rs.3,093 per gram on 31 December to register a rise of 0.92%.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram||Rs.3,127 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,055 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.3,045 per gram from 29- 31 August||Rs.3,186 per gram from 9-12 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,981 per gram on 9 July||Rs.2,978 per gram on 8 August||Rs.3,045 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Nanded for July 2017
- The bullion trade in Nanded witnessed gold prices decline significantly towards the end of the month owing to international, as well as, domestic factors.
- When trading commenced, the yellow metal was priced high at Rs.3,055 per gram. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure.
- But, prices declined with the dollar gaining against a basket of other major currencies over the next few days, and gold was trading at the lowest monthly figure of Rs.2,902 per gram on the 10th.
- The introduction of GST in the country resulted in reduced local demand for the bullion, and the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,947 per gram on the 18th.
- However, gold prices recovered with the US-North Korean diplomatic relations deteriorating, thus, pushing the dollar lower. The yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,988 per gram on the 23rd.
- Domestic demand for the metal remained steady despite poor global trends, and gold continued trading at Rs.2,988 per gram for the remainder of the month.
- A reduced demand coupled with poor international market trends resulted in prices declining at 2.19% during the month.
Gold rate trend in Nanded for August 2017
- Gold continued trading steady at Rs.2,988 per gram from the previous month, when trading commenced in Nanded.
- On the 8th, prices dropped to Rs.2,978 per gram as firm dollar rates led to a reduced demand for the bullion globally.
- However, with the dollar rates collapsing over the next few days, demand for the metal surged globally. This led to the yellow metal trading at Rs.3,044 per gram on the 11th.
- Overseas relations between the US and North Korea intensified towards the end of the month, thus, pushing demand higher for safe-haven assets like gold. This resulted in gold rates surging to Rs.3,045 per gram on the 29th.
- The month ended with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,045 per gram, thanks to a steady and sustained global demand.
- Prices in Nanded inclined at 1.90% during the course of the month, owing to improved bullion demand coupled.
Gold rate trend in Nanded for September 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,045 per gram, when the month began in Nanded.
- On the 9th, the bullion prices rose to Rs.3,186 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure, after North Korea announced its most powerful thermonuclear weapon to the world, pushing safe-haven investments higher.
- Despite the positive global trends, domestic demand for gold declined. This led to gold rates dipping to Rs.3,109 per gram on the 22nd.
- The imminent arrival of Dussehra on the 26th pushed bullion sales higher domestically. This led to rates surging to Rs.3,164 per gram.
- However, the US economy recovered with firmer equities market and strong dollar rates. This resulted in prices dropping to Rs.3,127 per gram on the 28th as demand for the metal declined globally.
- When trading concluded for the month, the yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,227 per gram on the 30th.
- Nanded witnessed gold rates incline at 2.69% in the city, owing to the arrival of festive season and rising geopolitical tensions in the Korean peninsula during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,061 per gram on 29 & 30 April||Rs.3,061 per gram on 1 & 2 May||Rs.3,077 per gram on 7 & 8 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1-3 April||Rs.2,956 per gram from 11-16 May||Rs.3,033 per gram from 15-29 June|
Gold rate trend in Nanded for April 2017
- The increased demand for gold from the international market lead to gold being traded at Rs.3,011 per gram on 1 April and showing an incline in prices throughout the month.
- The falling markets raised the gold rate in Nanded to Rs.3,043 per gram from 4 to 9 April due to tensions in the Korean peninsula.
- The weak U.S. dollar rate led to an increase in the demand, gold traded at Rs.3,025 per gram between 10 and 25 April.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,048 per gram on 27 April which reached Rs.3,061 per gram on 29 and 30 April due to an increase in demand from both the local and international markets.
- Gold’s value showed an overall 1.63% incline in the rates as bullion became more desirable for the investors as well.
Gold rate trend in Nanded for May 2017
- The French Election 2017 affected the demand for gold as it boosted the European stock markets. The gold rates in Nanded started at Rs.3,061 per gram on 1 May and fluctuated throughout the month.
- Demand for gold reduced to Rs.2,977 per gram on 9 May due to the steady European stock markets following the victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French Election 2017.
- Reducing local demand further decreased the gold rates Rs.2,956 per gram on 16 May.
- Gold rate in Nanded reached Rs.3,017 per gram on 19 May due to a slight increase in demand from the local jewellers.
- The fluctuating U.S. dollar rates caused a slight increase in gold rates to Rs.3,046 per gram on 31 May as the local demand increased.
- Gold suffered an overall - 0.49% dip in the rates due to fluctuating markets which caused a decline in the demand.
Gold rate trend in Nanded for June 2017
- Gold rates in Nanded indicated an incline due to the increased local demand concerning the low U.S. dollar rates.
- Trading at Rs.3,046 per gram on 1 June, an increase in demand and favourable market condition priced gold at Rs.3,077 per gram between 7 to 9 June.
- In spite of a steady demand from the international markets, the dip in demand from the local markets led gold to be priced at Rs.3,053 per gram from 9 to 14 June.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,033 per gram on 15 June in Nanded which started to dip for the remaining of the month due to various factors.
- GST implementation affected the local markets resulting in an increase in the gold rates to Rs.3,055 per gram on 30 June.
- The fluctuating rates which ended in a slight increase in the gold’s demand indicated an overall 0.29% increase in the prices.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,884 per gram||Rs.2,985 per gram||Rs.3,054 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,985 per gram||Rs.3,054 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,997 per gram from 16th of January to 27th of January||Rs.3,054 per gram from the 24th of February to 28th of February||Rs.3,054 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,884 per gram on the 1st of January and the 3rd of January||Rs.2,985 per gram on the 1st of February||Rs.2,968 per gram on the 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for January 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of January at Rs.2,884 per gram on January 1st.
- A boost in demand in the domestic market saw gold prices rise to Rs.2,908 per gram between January 5th and January 8th.
- Gold opened the second week of trading at a steady Rs.2,908 per gram on January 9th.
- Technical buying by investors saw gold prices climb to Rs.2,974 per gram between January 12th and January 15th to close the second week of trading on January 15th.
- Gold opened the third week of trading stable at Rs.2,974 per gram on January 16th.
- Gold remained steady at Rs.2,974 per gram for the entire week of trading ending on January 22nd.
- Gold opened the fourth week of trading at Rs.2,974 per gram between January 23rd and January 27th.
- A weakened US Dollar saw gold prices rise to Rs.2,985 per gram between January 28th and January 31st to close the trading for the month of January.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for February 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of February at Rs.2,985 per gram on February 1st.
- A poor performing US dollar and uncertainty pertaining to the upcoming French election saw gold prices rise to Rs.3,014 per gram between February 2nd and February 5th.
- Gold opened the second week of trading steady at Rs.3,014 per gram on February 6th and February 7th.
- A boost in domestic demand saw gold prices climb to Rs.3,034 per gram on February 8th and February 9th.
- Prevailing prices saw a decrease in demand for the precious metal, causing gold prices to slip to Rs.3,013 per gram between February 10th and February 12th to close the week’s trading.
- Gold remained stable and opened the third week of trading at Rs.3,013 per gram between February 13th and February 15th.
- A weakened US Dollar saw gold prices rise to Rs.3,034 per gram between February 17th and February 19th to close the week’s trade.
- The fourth week of trading saw gold open at a stable Rs.3,034 per gram between February 20th and February 23rd.
- A boost in global demand saw gold prices rise to Rs.3,054 per gram between February 24th and February 28th to close the trading for the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nanded for March 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of March at Rs.3,054 per gram on March 1st.
- A slump in global demand saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,026 per gram between March 3rd and March 5th to close the first week’s trade.
- The second week of March saw gold open at a stable Rs.3,026 per gram on March 6th.
- An increase in domestic demand allowed gold to climb to Rs.3,045 per gram on March 8th.
- A strong US Dollar saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,005 per gram between March 10th and March 12th to end the week’s trading.
- Gold opened the third week of trading at a stable Rs.3,005 per gram between March 13th and March 14th.
- An increase in domestic demand allowed gold to recover to Rs.3,012 per gram between March 16th and March 19th to close the third week of trading.
- The fourth week of trading saw gold open at Rs.3,012 per gram between March 20th and March 22nd.
- A weakened US Dollar saw gold climb to Rs.3,035 per gram between March 23rd and March 26th.
- Gold remained constant at Rs.3,035 per gram entering the fifth week of trading between March 27th and March 30th.
- An expected US Federal Interest Rate hike saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,011 per gram to close the month’s trading on March 31st.
|1st day||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,168 per gram||Rs.2,938 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,168 per gram||Rs.2,975 per gram||Rs.2,884 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 per gram on 1st & 2nd October||Rs.3,247 per gram on 11th & 12th November||Rs.2,938 per gram from 1st-7th December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,133 per gram from 14th-19th October||Rs.2,949 per gram from 25th-27th November||Rs.2,810 per gram from 22nd-26th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Nanded in October 2016
- Gold price in Nanded started on a high with the beginning of the month trading at Rs.3,249 per gram.
- But as demand fell owing to the lack of requirement from global and domestic buyers, gold trading went down to Rs.3,135 per gram as business ended on 10th October.
- Although gold rates recovered a little bit, thanks to marketing conditions, prices fell soon after as demand dipped.
- October ended with gold trading at Rs.3,168 per gram on the 31st October.
- Overall a fall of 2.49% was seen for the month of October.
Gold Rate Trend for Nanded in November 2016
- Gold was seen trading at at Rs.3,168 per gram when November began and climbed further as Donald Trump surprised the world by winning the US elections against Hillary Clinton.
- Demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes also played a part in bringing the markets down, which increased the demand yet again for gold to trade at Rs.3,247 per gram on 12th November.
- The sudden surge couldn't be capitalised upon as India faced a cash crunch and also brought in stricter measures to facilitate gold purchase.
- This was the month when submission of PAN card was made mandatory for Rs.2 lakh and more worth of gold purchases.
- When November ended, gold was seen trading at Rs.2,975 per gram.
- All in all, the month of November witnessed gold prices take a massive tumble of -6.09% owing to a number of factors.
Gold Rate Trend for Nanded in December 2016
- The beginning of December wasn’t any better for gold as prices still continued on its free falling trajectory.
- Gold was seen trading at Rs.2,938 per gram on 1st and maintained at the same rate for much of the week.
- The onset of Christmas didn’t seem to increase demands as people decided to spend on festivities rather than on jewellery.
- However, prices seemed to gain at a positive rate from the 27th owing to increased demand as New Year approached.
- At the end of the month and year, gold was trading at Rs..2,884 per gram.
- Of all the months in Q4, December played host to the lowest change in gold rates at -1.83%.
|1st day||Rs.3,112 per gram||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,212 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,225 per gram||Rs.3,279 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 per gram on 31st July||Rs.3,283 per gram on 18th August||Rs.3,285 from 23rd September to 26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,225 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,212 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in July 2016
- Gold was seen trading at Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July, the lowest price for this month and for this quarter.
- However, over the next few weeks, demand for gold picked up as the global market turned bullish.
- High demand could be attributed to strong expectations of monetary stimulus from central banks to negate the effects of the Brexit vote.
- The highest price for this month was recorded on 31st July at Rs.3,249 per gram.
- The trend for this month was an increase of 4.40% in gold prices.
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in August 2016
- On 1st August, the price of gold was Rs.3,249 per gram.
- Demand had picked up in the domestic market on account of the festive season.
- Rs.3,283 per gram of 24 karat gold was the highest price recorded for this month on 18th August.
- Rising prospects of a rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve resulted in demand for gold falling drastically.
- By the end of the month, gold prices had fallen by 0.74%.
- Gold traded at its lowest for this month on 31st August at Rs.3,225 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in September 2016
- Demand for the yellow metal was down on account of a rising dollar and strong prospects of the Fed rate hike.
- At the start of the month, gold traded at Rs.3,212 per gram.
- The Federal Reserve put off the interest rate hike till December as the presidential elections were too close.
- Gold regained its safe-haven appeal and investors were back to buying gold.
- With demand surging, gold prices started to climb.
- The highest price for this month and this quarter was Rs.3,285 from 23rd September to 26th September.
- The trend for this month was an incline in gold prices by 2.08%.
|1st day||Rs. 2,989 per gram||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs.3,038 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs.3,112 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,154 per gram 30th April||Rs. 3,155 per gram from 7th - 11th May||Rs.3,192 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,989 per gram from the 1st - 11th April||Rs. 3,003 per gram on 30th and 31st May||Rs.3,015 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in April 2016
- Owing to the jeweller’s strike, prices remained constant at the beginning of April.
- After April 11th, rates started to see an increase.
- The strike was called off, and as the market picked up, the gold rates climbed back up.
- The month ended with a 5.52% increase at Rs. 3,154 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in May 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,154 per gram on May 1st.
- The month saw a decline of 4.31% due to the release of the Federal Reserve minutes which led to expectations of a hike in interest rates.
- For non-interest bearing assets like the bullion, high borrowing costs dampen the appeal for investors.
- The month saw constant decline and ended at Rs. 3,003.
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in June 2016
- Gold rates remained constant for long periods during the month of June thanks to firming international trends amid increased offtake by industrial investors.
- The value of gold increased consistently despite certain days on which losses were recorded, and the highest price of the precious metal was Rs.3,192 on the 27th of the month.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.74.
|1st day||Rs. 2,601 per gram||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram||Rs. 2,989 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,789 per gram on January 27th and 28th.||Rs. 3068 per gram on February 27th - 29th.||Rs. 3,093 per gram from March 12th - 17th.|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,601 per gram from January 1st - 3rd.||Rs. 2,755 per gram on February 1st and 2nd.||Rs. 2,989 per gram from March 22nd - 31st.|
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in January 2016
- January opened with gold trading at Rs. 2,601 per gram. The month saw an increasing trend with a rise of 6.68%.
- The beginning of the month saw the lowest rate of Rs. 2,601 per gram from January 1st to 3rd.
- As demand for gold increased, gold rates went up but did experience a few falls through the month.
- Prices rose to Rs. 2,789 per gram on 27th and 28th and closed at Rs. 2,775 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in February 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,775 per gram without any major changes.
- Rates were steady through the month with minor fluctuations.
- By the end of the month, with an incline in demand, the prices rose to Rs. 3,068 per gram.
- Gold experienced an overall increase of 10.55% this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Nanded in March 2016
- Gold opened at Rs. 3,068 in March.
- The month experienced inclinations at the beginning, however, this soon started to fall.
- A jewellers’ strike that took place across the nation led to constant prices with very few changes.
- Prices dropped to Rs. 2,989 on 22nd March and continued to be the same going into April.
Gold investment avenues in Nanded
Gold in India, particularly in Nanded, is viewed as a symbol of wealth and prosperity because of its rarity and inherent beauty. Over the years, people in Nanded have come to view gold as a tradable commodity and as an investment. Weddings and festive seasons usually see a huge spike in the demand for gold, but there is a constant level of demand throughout the year.
Market trading: While the residents of Nanded may not have direct access to electronically traded gold, ETFs, or E-gold – they can still invest in all of the above over the internet. As with any investment ETF, E-gold, and futures contracts, etc. carry a certain element of risk that can be mitigated through extensive research and understanding of the way the gold prices fluctuate. E-gold can be traded through the National Spot Exchange, and the Mumbai Stock Exchange facilitates all activities involved in the trading of ETFs.
Regular gold purchases: Not all residents of Nanded have embraced the possibility of owning and trading gold held online, hence the huge majority of gold bought and sold in Nanded is in its physical form. Banks and jewellers all over the city offer a wide range of gold, bullion, and jewellery to suit any buyer no matter how large or small the buying capacity. Investing in physical gold satisfies the old-school principle of being able to see and feel the investment – and it offers a higher level of liquidity as the physical gold can be sold to a jeweller or a bank at any time, as the need for quick finance arises.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Maharashtra
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Nanded
|Gold Rate In Sangli||Gold Rate In Jalgaon||Gold Rate In Kolhapur||Gold Rate In Mumbai|
|Gold Rate In Nagpur||Gold Rate In Pune||Gold Rate In Aurangabad||Gold Rate In Thane|
|Gold Rate In Nashik||Gold Rate In Solapur||Gold Rate In Amravati||Gold Rate In Hyderabad|
Read more on Gold
- Significance Of Gold In Indian Culture
- How Will Restricting Gold Imports in India Affect Gold Rates?
- How To Buy Gold Coins Bars Bullion Online
- Gold Prices in 2016
- Difference Between Spot And Futures Gold Rate