*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price in Chandigarh
People in Chandigarh prefer buying gold for any occasion and also as a part of investment. Gold is bought mainly as an ornament and also as a safety net for their future. Gold also doesn’t have a depreciating value, making it a very safe investment. Investing in gold is worth it as it is a hedge against inflation.
Gold rates are constantly changing in Chandigarh. You can avail the updated gold rate directly from the dealers of Chandigarh or through the various financial websites. Gold can be used as an asset to get loans from the banks as well. The changing gold rate information will be provided to you by the Gold Dealers in Chandigarh.
Trend of Gold Rate in Chandigarh for May 2018 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
May 2018 - Week 1 (1st - 6th)
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.3,192 per gram on the 1st with demand taking a hit amid the strengthening US dollar and rising equities.
- Gold prices in Chandigarh plunged to Rs.3,176 per gram on the 3rd as investors and traders refrained from making purchases ahead of the US central bank meeting.
- However, with the interest rates gradually hiked as expected, the US dollar softened. This led to prices improving for the rest of the week.
- When trading closed for the week, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,197 per gram on the 6th, thanks to steady domestic demand from local jewellers and retailers coupled with positive global trends.
May 2018 - Week 2 (7th - 13th)
- When the week began in Chandigarh on the 7th, gold was priced at Rs.3,197 per gram.
- Rates went up to Rs.3,203 per gram as the US dollar witnessed a slowdown and local demand went up consequently. Gold traded at Rs.3,203 per gram on the 8th and the 9th as sustained buying from local investors helped gold rates remain steady.
- During the 10th, gold prices rose to Rs.3,208 per gram as there was a slight decline in the US dollar. Prices surged to Rs.3,213 per gram the next day, i.e., the 11th, as inflation figures that were released showed some subpar performance.
- Inflation played a major role in helping gold rates rise this week. On the 12th, after the inflation data was unveiled, gold rates went up to Rs.3,134 per gram, recording a Rs.21 increase in less than a day.
- On the final day of this week, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,134 per gram - due to steady demand.
May 2018 - Week 3 (14th - 20th)
- Trading commenced for the week with gold prices in Chandigarh holding at Rs.3,234 per gram on the 14th as a drop in the dollar value led to an increased industrial offtake for the metal.
- The US dollar, however, rebounded from near one-week lows amid the rising equity markets and gold was priced at Rs.3,213 per gram on the 15th.
- The 16th saw prices remaining unaltered at Rs.3,213 per gram, thanks to subdued but steady demand at the domestic level.
- Poor trends overseas coupled with reduced domestic demand from local retailers, jewellers and industries led to gold being priced at Rs.3,187 per gram on the 17th.
- With the US greenback hovering close to its highest level in 2018, gold rates dropped further to Rs.3,171 per gram on the 18th.
- The next couple of days saw safe haven demand for the metal surging on account of the rising political tensions between the US and Italy.
- The week concluded with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,192 per gram on the 20th with steady investor demand compounded by positive market trends.
Trend of Gold Rate in Chandigarh for April 2018 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|April 1 Rate||Rs.3,140 per gram|
|April 30 Rate||Rs.3,208 per gram|
|Highest Rate in April||Rs.3,224 per gram on 20 April|
|Lowest Rate in April||Rs.3,129 per gram on 7 April|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
April 2018- Week 1 (1st-7th)
- Gold prices in Chandigarh saw minimal movement in the first week of April as steady local demand kept prices stable.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,140 per gram on 1 April and stayed constant the following day as local demand was muted.
- Gold rate in Chandigarh jumped to Rs.3,161 per gram on 3 April as global equity markets fell on fears of an economic downturn due to the renewal of trade tensions between China and the U.S.
- A lower dollar rate also led to increased demand from industrial units, especially in Asian countries due to the cheaper import rates.
- A sharp dip in gold rates was seen as the dollar recouped its losses following the release of better-than-expected unemployment figures, which buoyed stock markets.
- Gold fell to Rs.3,134 per gram on 5 April as local retail demand fell on unfavourable market cues.
- The end of the wedding season and steady local equities also contributed to declining interest in gold, as the precious metal’s value fell to Rs.3,129 per gram on 6 April.
- Prices recovered as the week ended, with gold trading at Rs.3,140 per gram on 7 April to end the week flat.
April 2018- Week 2 (8th -15th)
- In Chandigarh, when the week began, gold opened at Rs.3,140 per gram.
- Local demand was largely steady for most of this week and gold prices saw little change for the first four days.
- From the 8th to the 11th, gold continued to trade at Rs.3,140 per gram.
- This, however, changed on the 12th as global cues improved amidst the beginning of a war between the US and Syria.
- Gold rates surged to Rs.3,166 per gram on the 12th before rising to Rs.3,197 per gram the next day.
- Even though gold demand was high in the international market, rates dropped in Delhi owing to saturated demand.
- On the 14th, the yellow metal traded at Rs.3,171 per gram before rising to Rs.3,187 per gram on the last day of this week.
April 2018 - Week 3 (16th - 22nd)
- The third week began with gold priced at Rs.3,208 per gram on the 16th with steady demand from local industries, retailers and jewellers in Chandigarh.
- However, the US dollar rose against a basket of currencies with the US housing and industrial production data reporting positive numbers during the number of March. This led to gold prices dropping to Rs.3,192 per gram on the 17th.
- An increase in safe-haven demand for the metal around the world amid the rising global tension led to gold rate in Chandigarh recovering to Rs.3,197 per gram the following day.
- Though gold continued trading at the same rate on the 19th, an increase in orders from the Asian continent amid the weakened US dollar led to gold prices surging to Rs.3,224 per gram on the 20th.
- But with the US dollar index recovering from its previous streak of losses, demand for gold plunged. This led to gold rates plummeting to Rs.3,213 per gram on the 21st.
- When the week came to an end, the precious metal was recorded trading slightly higher at Rs.3,218 per gram on the 22nd following an increase in demand due to the local wedding season.
April 2018 - Week 4 (23rd - 30th):
- When the fourth week of April began in Chandigarh, gold was priced at Rs.3,218 per gram.
- On the 24th, gold prices declined to Rs.3,197 per gram - a Rs.21 per gram drop as domestic demand took a massive hit.
- The yellow metal continued to trade at Rs.3,197 per gram before rising up to Rs.3,213 per gram on the 26th.
- Gold rate in Chandigarh held on at Rs.3,213 per gram on the 27th but another decline in demand pushed prices down to Rs.3,197 per gram the next day.
- The final day of this week gold price in Chandigarh surged to Rs.3,208 per gram as demand seemed to be on the rise.
Trend of Gold Rate in Chandigarh for March 2018 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold Rate on 1st March 2018||Rs.3,043 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 31st March 2018||Rs.3,072 per gram|
|Highest Rate in March||Rs.3,105 per gram on 24 and 25 March|
|Lowest Rate in March||Rs.3,030 per gram on 19 March|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
March 2018 - Week 1 (1 - 5):
- The start of trading in gold saw the yellow metal priced at Rs.3,108 per gram on 1 March in Chandigarh.
- Gold price in Chandigarh rose by a whopping Rs.25 to trade at Rs.3,134 per gram on 3 March in barely a day as markets tumbled across the world due to the imposition of tariffs on steel and aluminium imports into the United States.
- Demand remained high as local industrial units also increased demand due to favourable import rates, keeping prices stable.
- The fear of impending trade wars kept markets jittery in spite of a recovery in the bourses, which led to stable demand for gold over the course of the week.
- Demand began to decline gradually as the week ended, with gold priced at Rs.3,129 per gram on 5 March.
March 2018 - Week 2 (5-11):
- Gold opened at Rs.3,129 per gram when the trading opened on the 5th of MArch.
- Due to a strong dollar performance, gold rates dropped by Rs.10 and the metal traded at Rs.3,119 per gram on the 6th of March.
- As the US dollar weakened, gold rates surged to Rs.3,a40 per gram on the 7th before dropping back to Rs.3,129 per gram on the 8th. The fall happened as the dollar bounced back while demand seemed to saturate.
- The 9th saw gold rates drop again to Rs.3,113 per gram as investor sentiment remained quite weak.
- With the US dollar seeing a decline amid poor wage gains, gold rates went back up to Rs.3,134 per gram on the 10th of March.
- The week ended with gold still trading at Rs.3,134 per gram.
March 2018 - Week 3 (12 - 18):
- When trading commenced in Chandigarh, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,134 per gram on the 12th with steady demand for the bullion.
- However, with the US payrolls and jobs data reporting an incline in the number of US jobs in February, the dollar strengthened. This led to gold rates dropping to Rs.3,124 per gram on the 13th.
- Though rates remained unaltered at Rs.3,124 per gram the next day, the 15th saw gold price in Chandigarh rebounding to Rs.3,129 per gram with the US dollar losing its sheen following the abrupt dismissal of Rex Tillerson, the US Secretary of State.
- With investors and traders refraining from making purchases ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s monetary policy meeting next week, the US dollar rose against other currencies. This led to gold rates in Chandigarh plunging to Rs.3,119 per gram on the 16th.
- The US dollar rose further with markets bracing for the year’s first Fed rate hike by the Federal Reserve next week. This led to prices plummeting to Rs.3,103 per gram on the 17th.
- The rest of the week saw bullion prices remaining untouched at Rs.3,103 per gram with reduced demand for the metal amid the weak trends overseas.
March 2018 - Week 4 (19 - 25):
- The price of gold in Chandigarh did not see much fluctuation in the fourth week of March, contrary to trends seen in other cities.
- Gold opened the week at Rs.3,098 per gram on 19 March, with a slight rise seen due to higher demand from local jewellers.
- A slip in equity markets due to the fears of a global trade war led to a drop in the dollar rate as well, which boosted interest in gold.
- The metal traded at Rs.3,134 per gram on 22 March on the back of strong demand, with Asian industry increasing orders due to a low dollar rate.
- Gold price in Chandigarh rose to Rs.3,145 per gram on 23 March as geopolitical uncertainty in the U.S. kept equity markets low.
- A relatively dovish approach to monetary policy by the Fed led to consternation on the markets and soaring interest in gold, which rose to Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 March.
March 2018 - Week 5 (26 - 31):
- When trading commenced for the final week, the bullion prices were recorded holding steady at Rs.3,171 per gram on the 26th with steady domestic demand amid the strong global cues.
- However, with the US greenback gaining against a basket of other emerging currencies after successfully diverting the trade war concerns between the US and China, gold prices in Chandigard plunged to Rs.3,161 per gram on the 27th.
- The 28th saw gold rates recovering to Rs.3,166 per gram on the 28th with the US-Russian spat pushing demand higher for safe haven assets such as gold.
- Steady global demand coupled with positive trends overseas led to gold being priced at Rs.3,166 per gram on the 29th.
- With the dollar regaining lost ground over the next few days, demand for the metal declined. This led to gold rates in Chandigarh holding at Rs.3,134 per gram for the rest of the week.
- Chandigarh recorded an incline of 0.67% in gold prices owing to the positive overseas trends during the month.
Find Today's Gold Price in Top Metro Cities
|Today's Gold Price in Mumbai||Today's Gold Price in Chennai||Today's Gold Price in Bangalore|
|Today's Gold Price in Delhi||Today's Gold Price in Kolkata||Today's Gold Price in Hyderabad|
Trend of Gold Rate in Chandigarh for February 2018 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold rate on 1st February 2018||Rs.3,077 per gram|
|Gold rate on 28th February 2018||Rs.3,129 per gram|
|Highest Rate in February||Rs.3,161 per gram on 17 and 18 February|
|Lowest Rate in February||Rs.3,035 per gram on 9 February|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
February 2018 - Week 1 (1st - 4th)
- When trading commenced in Chandigarh, gold was priced at Rs.3,077 per gram on the 1st with steady demand for the metal.
- Gold price in Chandigarh remained untouched at Rs.3,077 per gram on the 2nd owing to the continued purchases made by jewellers and retailers in the domestic market.
- The strengthening US dollar and equities had no impact on Chandigarh’s demand for the precious metal. This led to gold being priced at Rs.3,077 per gram the next day too.
- The week ended with the bullion holding steady at Rs.3,077 per gram on the 4th with steady and stable demand from industries, retailers and jewellers.
February 2018 - Week 2 (5th -11th)
- In Chandigarh, when the week began, gold was priced at a respectable Rs.3,082 per gram. But, as domestic demand was weak, gold prices went down to Rs.3,066 per gram the next day.
- The 7th and the 8th saw gold trade at Rs.3,066 per gram as a weak dollar had a bullish effect on trading.
- The 9th saw gold rate in Chandigarh drop to Rs.3,035 per gram as a strong dollar influenced the sentiments of local investors.
- The 10th witnessed a surge in local demand, which led to a Rs.15 increase in prices and the metal traded at RS.3,050 per gram.
- WIth the demand continuing to remain steady, gold rate in Chandigarh rose again on the 11th and gold was seen selling at Rs.3,056 per gram on the final day of the week.
February 2018 - Week 3 (12th - 18th)
- In Chandigarh, gold was priced at Rs.3,056 per gram on the 12th when the week began amid positive overseas trends.
- With the US inflation data release scheduled later during the week, investors expected clues on the pace of the US interest rate increases. This led to gold price in Chandigarh rising to Rs.3,087 per gram on the 13th.
- The 14th witnessed gold rate in Chandigarh surging to Rs.3,098 which rose further to Rs.3,103 per gram the next day with the US dollar losing against a number of other emerging currencies ahead of the inflation data.
- However, with the data proving to be stronger than expected, investors gravitated towards the bullion to hedge against inflation. This led to gold rates in Chandigarh rising for the fourth consecutive session and the metal was priced at Rs.3,140 per gram on the 16th.
- Prices remained unchanged at Rs.3,140 per gram on the 17th with steady demand for the safe-haven metal amid the firm global cues.
- Strong trends overseas coupled with an increased domestic buying by local jewellers, industries and retailers resulted in the bullion being priced at Rs.3,161 per gram on the 18th when the week concluded.
February 2018 - Week 4 (19th - 25th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,083 per gram in Chandigarh for the 19th before dropping to Rs.3,068 per gram the next day.
- The dollar rose and continued to do so, which pushed gold price in Chandigarh dropped to Rs.3,057 per gram on the 21st of February.
- The yellow metal’s rates fell for the third consecutive day and a Rs.4 decline was recorded on the 22nd, bringing gold prices effectively down to Rs.3,054 per gram.
- However, local demand was boosted by a number of factors on the 23rd and the metal’s rates surged to Rs.3,060 per gram on this day.
- As domestic demand remained strong amid a well-performing dollar, gold rate in Chandigarh surged to Rs.3,067 per gram on the 24th of February.
February 2018 - Week 5 (26th - 28th)
- The week began in Chandigarh with bullion prices holding steady at Rs.3,124 per gram o the 26th amid firm trends overseas.
- On the 27th, gold rates rose to Rs.3,134 per gram with investors awaiting Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s first congressional speech to the nation.
- The month came to an end with gold price in Chandigarh plunging to Rs.3,129 per gram on the 28th after the US dollar rose against a basket of other emerging currencies in the global trade.
- Strong overseas cues coupled with strong domestic demand from retailers, industries and jewellers led to gold rates in Chandigarh rising by 1.68% during the course of the month.
Trend of Gold Rate in Chandigarh for January 2018 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold Rate on 1st January 2018||Rs.3,010 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 31st January 2018||Rs.3,066 per gram|
|Highest Rate in January||Rs.3,115 per gram on 15, 16, 20 and 21 January|
|Lowest Rate in January||Rs.3,010 per gram on 1 and 2 January|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
January 2018 - Week 1 (1st - 7th)
- When the new year began, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,010 per gram. Due to very little fluctuation in the local market, gold rate in Chandigarh continued at Rs.3,010 per gram on the 2nd of the month.
- As gold hit near four-month highs amid a poor dollar, prices went up to Rs.3,045 per gram on the 3rd of January.
- Reports claimed that “today’s gold rate” was affected by gold trading in the $1,310 per ounce range, the highest since September 2017.
- After news of the payrolls data in the US broke out, the bullion market eased a little. This was why gold rates fell to RS.3,030 per gram on the the 4th.
- But, as markets concluded that the data showed some below par performance, gold rate in Chandigarh went back up to Rs.3,045 per gram on the 5th.
- This then surged to Rs.3,050 per gram on the 6th and continued on till the end of the week.
January 2018 - Week 2 (8th - 14th)
- The second week began with the yellow metal trading relatively lower at Rs.3,045 per gram on the 8th due to subdued demand from jewellers and industries from the previous week.
- Though gold price in Chandigarh recovered to Rs.3,051 per gram on the 9th, poor global trends coupled with a strengthened US dollar index led to gold rates plunging to Rs.3,041 per gram on the 10th.
- However, with the dollar losing against the Euro, demand for the metal by European investors increased. This led to the gold being priced at Rs.3,061 per gram on the 11th.
- Gold rate in Chandigarh rose further to Rs.3,078 per gram on the 12th before touching a seven-week high of Rs.3,099 per gram on the 13th amid the weakened US dollar and poorly performing equities.
- The week ended with the yellow metal prices remaining unchanged at Rs.3,099 per gram on the 14th owing to steady demand from industries and jewellers amid the positive overseas trends.
January 2018 - Week 3 (15th - 21st)
- Gold was trading at Rs.3,099 per gram when the week began in Chandigarh.
- As the global market began to see increased sales, gold price in Chandigarh surged for the metal to trade at Rs.3,115 per gram on the 16th of January.
- The yellow metal’s rates continued to remain at Rs.3,115 per gram on the 17th as well before an improvement in the dollar index caused bullion demand to subside.
- On the 18th and the 19th, gold traded at Rs.3,095 per gram as a rising dollar was assisted by positive returns from the treasury yields.
- However, this low demand couldn’t be sustained for long as news about a government shutdown cause gold rate in Chandigarh to rise significantly the next day.
- Over the final two days, gold was trading at Rs.3,115 per gram, thanks to an increased demand.
January 2018 - Week 4 (22nd - 28th)
- On the 22nd of January, gold was priced at Rs.3,056 per gram.
- With demand surging in the local circles amid a weak dollar, gold price in Chandigarh rose to Rs.3,066 per gram the next day.
- A strong overseas demand coupled with a significant rise in local purchases pushed gold rate in Chandigarh up to Rs.3,108 per gram on the 24th of January.
- The reason behind this sudden rise was the underperforming US dollar and a rapidly increasing international sales.
- However, demand for the metal slowed down in Chandigarh, which caused gold rates to hold at Rs.3,108 per gram for the remainder of the week, i.e., from the 26th to the 28th of the month.
January 2018 - Week 5 (29th - 31st)
- When the week began in Chandigarh, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,077 per gram on the 29th amid the strengthening US dollar.
- The US dollar continued to rise as the week progressed amid the high US bond yields. This led to prices plunging to Rs.3,066 per gram on the 30th.
- The 31st saw gold rate in Chandigarh remaining unchanged at Rs.3,066 per gram with steady demand from domestic jewellers, retailers and industries despite the poor trend overseas.
- Gold rate in Chandigarh surged by 1.86% due to an increased local demand brought about by the positive trends overseas during the month.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Chandigarh
|Gold Rate In Gurgaon||Gold Rate In Faridabad||Gold Rate In Ambala|
|Gold Rate In Hisar||Gold Rate In Karnal||Gold Rate In Delhi|
|Also Know: Silver Rate in Chandigarh|
Read more on Gold
- Akshaya Tritiya in 2016
- What does the marking on gold means?
- Golbal Demand For Gold
- Gold and Indian Weddings
- Significance of Gold In India
- Significance of Indian Jewellery
- India’s Love for Gold