*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Telangana
Telangana is one of the newer states in India, formed in June 2014 with Hyderabad as its capital city. It is also the twelfth largest state in India by area and has a population of over 35 million people according to the 2011 census. Its capital, Hyderabad, is a princely state ruled by the Nizam of Hyderabad, and its inclination towards grandeur is no secret. In essence, majority of the people in Telangana purchase gold whether it is in the form of jewellery for daily use or special occasions, gold coins and bullions, ETFs, E-Gold, etc.
Demand for gold is increasing in Telangana as people tend to make purchases whenever there are festivals. Since gold is considered an auspicious element, purchases are made all year round, keeping the dealers on their feet and the customers satisfied.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,974 per gram||Rs.2,982 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,996 per gram||Rs.2,996 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 and 15 October||Rs.3,030 per gram 18 to 20 November||Rs.3,015 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,996 per gram on 31 October||Rs.2,974 per gram on 1 and 6 November||Rs.2,906 per gram on 13 December|
Gold rate Trend in Telangana for October 2017
- Gold prices in Telangana began the month at Rs.3,040 per gram as demand was stable courtesy high demand from local jewellers.
- The sudden rise in the dollar rate in the light of favourable financial cues led to a decline in interest in the precious yellow metal, which led to demand dropping quite sharply.
- Prices fluctuated as local demand struggled to keep prices stable as European markets reduced orders for gold.
- The middle of the month saw an increase in the price of gold as there was a momentary slide in the dollar index, which led to the precious metal’s price rising to Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 October.
- The onset of the festive season also contributed to the rise in demand for gold, though this was short-lived as prices took a nosedive after Diwali.
- Consistently poor demand from Asia took a toll on the price of gold as prices fell steadily.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.2,996 per gram on 31 October to register a loss of 1.44% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for November 2017
- Demand for gold in November reflected a change in market behaviour, with gold prices on the rise for most of the month.
- The precious metal traded at Rs.2,974 per gram on 1 November, with prices falling further due to restrained demand from industrial units.
- Local demand was also muted in spite of it being the wedding season, which led to a further drop in prices.
- A minor rise in price due to a drop in the dollar rate provided some respite for the metal, but local jewellers continued to reduce orders.
- The announcement of a new tax policy that would provide tax breaks to industry was met with some trepidation on the markets, which led to a slight increase in interest for gold.
- Asian demand rose marginally towards the middle of the month, which led to a slight rise in the price of gold.
- The metal reached its highest rates for the month from 18-20 November when gold price in Telangana rose to Rs.3,030 per gram after the U.S. Dollar dropped on speculation over the appointment of the new Fed chief.
- Prices fluctuated due to demand vagaries, but there was a decline in the price of gold as markets recouped their earlier losses.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.2,996 per gram on 30 November, registering a rise of 0.730.66% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for December 2017
- The last month of the year saw gold prices fluctuate wildly due to conflicting cues from international markets.
- The yellow metal opened the month trading at Rs.2,982 per gram due to a minor dip in demand.
- Asian demand continued to be muted due to the high dollar rate, which made imports more expensive.
- European industry also put off gold purchases due to the falling Euro, which led to a further decline in price.
- Demand was muted around the Christmas break due to a rise in consumer spending which led to a surge in equity markets.
- Gold price in Telangana rose towards the end of the month as markets were jittery ahead of the appointment of the new Fed chief and the possibility of a tightening of monetary policy.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.3,015 per gram on 31 December, resulting in a rise in value of 1.10%.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.2,977 per gram on 12 & 13 August||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5- 7 August||Rs.3,071 per gram on 7 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for July 2017:
- In Telangana, gold traded at Rs.2,950 per gram when July started.
- Rates, however, declined considerably over the first few weeks due to weak demand.
- The Indian government introduced the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all commodities, which pushed demand down.
- By the end of the 14th, gold rates in Telangana had reached Rs.2,800 per gram - which was one of the lowest gold prices since demonetisation in November 2016.
- Another reason for the sharp fall in gold prices was the Fed Reserve statement, which said the bank is on course to rise interest rate later this year.
- Prices, though, improved towards the end of the month to close at Rs.2,920 per gram on the 31st of July.
- Due to low demand from local markets, owing to GST and a strong dollar, gold rates in Telangana fell by 1.01% for this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for August 2017:
- When trade exchanges opened for business for August, gold was priced at Rs.2,931 per gram.
- During the period between 5th to the 7th of August, gold rates reached the lowest for this month, which was Rs.2,900 per gram. This was because of a stronger-than-expected development in the US economy.
- However, local trading pushed through to record highest gold prices in Telangana for the month of Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th of August.
- Prices seemed to increase and decrease quite a bit over the third and fourth week of the month, due to strong US dollar.
- However, Hurricane Harvey put a stop to the burgeoning US market, which pushed gold rates up.
- Gold prices inclined by 1.16% this month, thanks to a sudden decline in US dollar rates, which happened towards the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for September 2017:
- September saw gold prices in Telangana pick up on the strong trends set by the previous month.
- When trading started for the 1st of September, gold was priced at Rs.2,995 per gram. The metal’s prices surged to a monthly high figure of Rs.3,071 per gram on the 7th as US economy slumped after weak data.
- The US dollar began to improve after US President Donald Trump offered $15 billion aid to states hit by Hurricane Harvey.
- Bullion prices seemed to fall on the aftermath of the aforementioned event, but picked up slightly due to the arrival of festive season in India.
- Gold prices in Telangana were recorded at Rs.3,040 per gram when the month came to an end on the 30th of September.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April||Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May||Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 & 9 April||Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for April 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,956 per gram in Nellore when the month of April began.
- Due to a falling US dollar, demand from overseas markets increased, which subsequently pushed the prices in telangana up.
- The yellow metal witnessed a monthly low price of Rs.2,954 per gram on the 8th and the 9th as a result of muted demand.
- However, prices bounced back and within a week (15th and 16th) reached a monthly high figure of Rs.3,040 per gram after demand surged/
- The last two weeks saw some fluctuations but rates remained more and less steady before ending at Rs.2,984 per gram on the 30th of April.
- Prices in telangana changed at a rate of 0.94% for the month of April - thereby keeping up with the nationwide trend.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for May 2017
- A volatile market led to gold prices fluctuate considerably towards the beginning of May.
- On the 1st of May, the yellow metal was trading at Rs.2,984 per gram.
- Rates fell significantly to Rs.2,899 per gram on the 6th as demand took a massive hit after Emmanuel Macron emerged victorious in the French elections.
- Demand from local circles seemed to decline with prices dropping to the month’s lowest figure of Rs.2,888 per gram on the 15th.
- Gold rates began to surge as demand went up after US president Donald Trump-related issues started to drag the high-performing US markets down.
- The metal was trading at Rs.2,910 per gram on the 17th and then went up to Rs.2,950 per gram by the 20th as investor sentiments shone through by pushing up sales.
- Rates climber further towards the end of the month as media reports in the US suggested that their president won the election with Russian help.
- Gold prices on the 27th were recorded at Rs.2,979 per gram - which fell to Rs.2,968 per gram on the last day of the month.
- Price trends in Telangana fell by half a percentage point owing to low demand for most of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for June 2017
- June began in Telangana with gold trading at Rs.2,985 per gram on 1st June.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,012 per gram on 5th June as the US dollar was on a decline due to internal political crises wreaking havoc on the Trump administration.
- The 7th saw gold rates reach a monthly high of Rs.3,030 per gram as cues remained positive globally.
- By the end of the 12th, gold prices had dropped to Rs.2,975 per gram despite favourable market conditions as Fed Reserve’s meeting loomed large.
- As demand declined sharply, gold prices went down to as low as Rs.2,949 per gram before bouncing back to trade at Rs.2,964 per gram on the 26th of June.
- Prices fluctuated slightly to trade at Rs.2,962 per gram on the last day of the month.
- For the month of June, gold price trends in Telangana fell by just 0.05%.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.2,940 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,978 per gram on 23rd January||Rs.3,014 per gram on the 25th and 26th of February||Rs.2,994 per gram on the 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,944 per gram on the 4th and 5th of February||Rs.2,900 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for January 2017
- January began in Telangana with gold trading at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- As uncertainty over Donald Trump-led US government’s monetary policy rose, gold rates seemed to increase.
- This led to more investors investing in bullion, which pushed gold rates up by a lot more.
- Gold rates were at their lowest on the 1st, as demand was also on the lower end of the spectrum.
- By the end of the first week, gold rates had appreciated to Rs.2,872 per gram, and then went up to Rs.2,876 per gram on 9th.
- On 10th, gold prices went up to Rs.2,892 per gram and then to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 11th.
- By the end of the 18th, gold rates had gone up to Rs.2,974 per gram as demand was on an incline.
- Rates fluctuated over the next few days to before gaining to end the month at Rs.2,954 per gram.
- The month of January saw gold prices incline at 4.71%, thanks to a weak US dollar.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for February 2017
- The month of February saw gold prices continue on an inclined path as prices seemed to increase.
- On 1st February, gold was priced at Rs.2,965 per gram but went on a downhill path for the week and ended at Rs.2,965 per gram on 6th.
- However, due to a surge in demand, gold prices went up to Rs.2,980 per gram on 7th and reached Rs.2,988 per gram when the business day of 17th came to an end.
- During this month, the US federal reserve increased its rates, which led to some variations in gold pricing.
- The last two weeks of February saw gold prices fluctuate considerably as it went from Rs.2,980 per gram on 18th to Rs.2,973 per gram on 21st.
- Rates picked up during the last week as gold was seen trading at Rs.2,995 per gram on 24th as demand from local investors pushed the prices up.
- On 25th, rates again went up, this time by Rs.19 to end at Rs.3,014 per gram.
- Though the rates remained the same on 26th, gold prices fell slightly over the last two days to end the month at Rs.3,003 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Telangana for March 2017
- The month of March was a nightmarish period for gold sales in Telangana as demand kept going down owing to a few global and domestic factors.
- On 1st March, gold was priced at Rs.2,990 per gram,which went up to hit the highest gold rate for the month at Rs.2,994 per gram.
- However, as Fed rate hike was introduced for the second time in two months, gold prices went down over the next few days.
- On 7th, gold was trading at Rs.2,949 per gram but increased to Rs.2,970 per gram on 8th as rumours about a rate hike spread and investors went all in with bullion trade.
- After the hike came into effect, gold prices went down on 9th to reach Rs.2,951 per gram on 9th.
- Gold rates saw some variations for the next few days and hit a low point on 15th, when gold was trading at Rs.2,900 per gram.
- Prices rallied from 16th onwards and seemed to increase despite undergoing fluctuations.
- Despite a resurgence over the last few days of March, gold prices didn’t gain by much and ended at Rs.2,940 per gram on the 31st.
- Rate trends in Telangana went down by 1.67% for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,067 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st & 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th & 16th October||Rs.2,914 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on 26th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Telangana in October 2016
- Gold prices in Telangana fell during the month, though prices were high initially, trading at Rs.3,152 per gram on sustained demand from industry as well as increasing demand from the retail sector due to the upcoming festive season.
- Prices dropped in the second week as the U.S. Dollar strengthened on positive cues, leading to a dip in demand for gold as a safe haven asset.
- Stock markets registered gains over the third week as currency markets also rose following higher trading volumes, which further led to a drop in prices, with gold trading at Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th & 16th October.
- The upcoming U.S. presidential elections led to a fall in markets due to uncertainty over results and their possible impact on the markets.
- Prices recovered marginally as the month drew to a close, with gold trading at Rs.3,067 per gram on 31st October.
Gold Rate Trend for Telangana in November 2016
- An increase in demand for gold led to a rise in price, as gold traded at Rs.3,065 per gram on 1st November.
- The run-up to the U.S. presidential election and the victory of Donald Trump led to markets fluctuating, which increased demand for gold.
- The announcement of the demonetisation of large currency notes in India led to markets plunging, which also boosted demand for gold, as it traded at Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November.
- Prices dipped as industrial demand slumped, which led to prices falling in the subsequent weeks.
- The possibility of a U.S. Fed rate hike also led to a rise in the U.S. Dollar, which resulted in a decrease in demand for gold.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,942 per gram on 30th November, falling by over 4% during the month due to poor demand.
Gold Rate Trend for Telangana in December 2016
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,893 per gram on 1st December as demand was weak due to the ongoing cash shortage, which affected retail demand during the wedding season.
- Higher sales volumes due to the Christmas season buoyed markets, which led to decreasing demand for bullion.
- The U.S. Dollar traded higher as speculation of a U.S. Federal Reserve rate hike gathered momentum.
- Gold fell to a quarterly low of Rs.2,767 per gram on 26th December as industrial demand also dropped sharply.
- Prices recovered towards the end of the month, as gold traded at Rs.2,844 per gram on 31st December.
|1st day||Rs.3,128 per gram||Rs.3,215 per gram||Rs.3,132 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,148 per gram||Rs.3,169 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on the 30th and 31st of July||Rs.3,224 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,195 per gram on 8th November|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,116 per gram on the 21st of July||Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,128 per gram on the 1st of July and prices declined marginally on the 2nd before consistent increases were recorded until the 8th.
- Prices fluctuated until the 20th of the month before hitting their lowest at Rs.3,116 per gram on the 21st.
- Stability was achieved on the 23rd and 24th at Rs.3,130 per gram, after which prices began fluctuating until the 30th.
- The highest recorded rate in the month of July was on the 30th and 31st when prices soared to Rs.3,214 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the start and end of August was just under 3%.
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,215.
- Prices fluctuated until the 6th after which they started declining consistently until the 9th after which fluctuations were in order again.
- The highest recorded rate of gold in the month of August was on the 3th when they hit Rs.3,224 per gram.
- Consistency was achieved between the 19th and 21st at Rs.3,200 and the precious metal closed the month trading at Rs.3,148 per gram, and the overall decline in prices between the first and last day of the month was a little over 2%.
Gold rate trend of Telangana in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September.
- Prices gained stability at Rs.3,150 between the 3rd and 5th of September.
- Fluctuations occurred for most part of the month as minor increases were written off by subsequent declines, and the highest rate recorded in September was on the 8th when prices soared to Rs.3,195 per gram.
- Gold closed the month trading at Rs.3,169 per gram and the overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was 1.18%.
|1st day||Rs.2,894 per gram||Rs.3,069 per gram||Rs.2,918 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,069 per gram||Rs.2,916 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on April 30th||Rs.3,073 per gram on 7th and 8th of May||Rs.3,180 per gram on June 27th and 29th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,876 per gram on April 4th||Rs.2,900 per gram on 30th of May||Rs.2,911 per gram on 3rd of June|
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in April 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,894 on the 1st of April after which they rose steadily over the course of the month.
- Marginal losses on certain days of the month were written off by subsequent gains thanks to strong international and domestic trends that did not adversely affect prices.
- The highest recorded price during the month was on the 30th when rates soared to Rs.3,069.
- The overall increase in rates when comparing the first day of the month with the last was Rs.175.
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in May 2016
- Gold prices remained unchanged on the first day of May, at Rs.3,069.
- Prices continued to decline during the first week of May, but increased marginally on the 7th and remained unchanged on the 8th at Rs.3,073.
- The slide in prices continued over the month and the lowest price recorded in May was on the 30th when they plunged to Rs.2,900.
- The overall decline in prices when comparing the first day of May to the last was Rs.153.
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in June 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,918 on the 1st of June and fluctuated over the course of the month.
- The highest recorded rate in June was on the 27th and 29th when prices soared to Rs.3,180.
- Although prices rose over the 30 days, the overall change was Rs.185.
|1st day||Rs.2,548 per gram||Rs.2,720 per gram||Rs.2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,710 per gram||Rs.2,964 per gram||Rs.2,883 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,727 per gram on January 27th||Rs.2,987 per gram on 26th of February||Rs.2,994 per gram on March 1st|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,547 per gram on January 3rd||Rs.2,720 per gram on 1st of February||Rs.2,871 per gram on 28th of March|
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,548 per gram on the 1st of January with consistent increases over the next few days alleviating prices.
- The highest price in the month was recorded on the 27th when rates soared to Rs.2,727.
- By the end of the month, prices had risen to Rs.2,710, marking an overall increase of Rs.162 between the first and last day of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in February 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,720 per gram on the 1st of February, followed by consistent increases over the following weeks.
- Gold rates rose to Rs.2,987 on the 26th of the month, making it the highest recorded price during February.
- A steady rise in prices over the 29 days meant that the yellow metal closed the month at Rs.2,964 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Telangana in March 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,994 on the 1st of March after which subsequent declines brought prices down as the month progressed.
- The highest recorded price in May was on the 1st – at Rs.2,994, and prices continued falling from then to the end of the month.
- By the 31st of March, prices were recorded at Rs.2,883, with the lowest price recorded on the 28th when they dropped to Rs.2,871.
- The overall decline in prices between the first and last day of March was Rs.111.
24 carat gold: 24 carat gold is the purest form of gold you can find out there. The purity of the metal is 99.99%, making it slightly more expensive that 22 carat gold. If you’re looking to purchase gold in Telangana, you will have to shell out Rs 2725 per gram as of 16 October, 2015. Rates have been fluctuating over the past year, with prices exceeding Rs 2800 in January 2015, and falling and rising over periods of time ever since.
22 carat gold: 22 carat gold comes with 92% purity, which makes it cheaper in comparison with 24 carat gold. If you wish to purchase 22 carat gold in Telangana, you will have to spend Rs 2548 per gram as of 16 October, 2015. Rates of 22 carat gold have been fluctuating too. A gram of 22 carat gold cost about Rs 2600 on 16 October, 2015, and hit peak in January 2015 when a gram cost almost Rs 2700, but have declined since.
Gold Investment Avenues in Telangana
Gold can be bought in different forms based on the distinctive investment requirements of the investors. Following are the most convenient options to consider.
Market trade: E-Gold, future contracts and ETFs (Exchange Trade Funds) are the most common trading opportunities for those who are considering the purchase of gold. E-Gold may be bought and sold via the National Spot Exchange Limited and buyers are granted the option of choosing whether or not they intend on physically owning their purchase. Future contracts offer investors protection against market fluctuations and buyers will be able to possess the metal on a predetermined date. With regards to ETFs, they are the safest option for investors as they provide competitive returns and can also be traded on the Mumbai Stock Exchange.
Over-the-counter: Most of the gold investors in Telangana prefer to buy gold in the form of jewellery, coins and bullions. Gold coins and bullions can be purchased from a number of dealers and banks across the state, and local prices are often affected by international rates. While local dealers offer some of the best rates you can find the state, banks usually charge higher prices in comparison owing to quality assurance. However, local shops offer varying prices that help customers in finding the right kind of jewellery that is within their budget.
Also Check Gold Prices in the Cities of Telangana
|Gold Rate in Hyderabad||Gold Rate In Warangal|
Read More On Gold
Significance of Gold in Indian Culture
Gold has been embedded within the fabric of Indian culture for centuries and the country’s fascination with the precious metal continues to this day. Learn more about the significance of gold in Indian culture and why it is held in high regard.
Significance of Indian Jewellery
Indian jewellery and ornaments are held in great regard all over the world due to their craftsmanship and intricacy. Learn more about how and why gold and Indian jewellery hold a significant place in Indian culture and history.
India’s Love for Gold
It’s not secret that India has a huge affinity for gold. This is driven home by the fact that India is the largest consumer of gold in the world. Find out more about why India’s obsession with gold continues to this day.