*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Gurgaon
The city of Gurgaon is one of the foremost industrial and financial centers in India and currently boasts one of the highest per capita income in the country. It is located in the state of Haryana and harbours over 250 Fortune 500 companies from around the world. The city is home to approximately two million people and is also a top consumer of gold due to the affluence of its residents. Gold jewellery is popularly worn as a fashion statement as well as a status symbol at various festival celebrations and social events.
Gold rate in Gurgaon differ depending on their purity. Gold is available in both 22 Karat or 24 Karat, with the prices for each varying on the basis of weight such as 1 grams, 2 grams, 4 grams, 8 grams etc
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for January 2020 to March 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,995 per gram||Rs.4,169 per gram||Rs.4,274 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,169 per gram||Rs.4,368 per gram||Rs.4,253 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,211 per gram on 9 January||Rs.4,394 per gram on 25 and 26 February||Rs.4,536 per gram on 7 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,995 per gram on 1 January||Rs.4,116 per gram on 7 February||Rs.4,111 per gram on 20 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Gurgaon from January 2020 to March 2020:
- In January, gold prices at the beginning of the month opened at Rs.3,995 per gram and were the lowest price of the month. In this month, gold prices showed an inclining trend with increasing tensions between the Middle East and the United States of America. Investors shifted to the bullion market amidst increased safe-haven demand. With speculations rising about the trade deal between China and the United States of America, the price of the metal increased and hit its highest price of the month on 9 January at Rs.4,211 per gram. In the next week, the prices of the metal dipped with the first phase of the trade deal being signed between the two countries. However, the price of the yellow metal increased in the last week of the month and closed at Rs.4,169 per gram on 31 January, recording a percentage incline of 4.35.
- The price of the metal recorded higher inclines in the month of February. Opening at Rs.4,169 per gram on 1 February and hit its lowest price of the month in the first week itself at Rs.4,116 per gram on 7 February. However, in the following weeks, the price of the metal fluctuated due to mixed trends in the global markets. With reports of a virus affecting people at a large scale in China coming in, the focus of investors shifted to the bullion market yet again due to safe-haven appeal. The price of the metal increased in the second week of the month and by 16 February, gold was priced at Rs.4,211 per gram. In the third week of February, gold prices recorded major inclines, hitting its highest price of the month on 25 February at Rs.4,394 per gram and held steady on 26 February as well. At the end of the month, the price of the metal closed at Rs.4,368 per gram on 29 February, recording a percentage incline of 4.77.
- March did not prove to a positive month for the traders invested in the bullion market and with this, the inclining trend of the metal came to a halt. Gold opened the month at Rs.4,274 per gram and increased in the first week of the month due to investors awaiting a rate cut by the United States Federal Reserve. The price of the metal hit its highest price due to this in the first week of the month on 7 March at Rs.4,536 per gram. In the second week, the price of the precious metal fluctuated greatly. With an increasing number of cases being reported all over the world and countries going into lockdown, the price of the metal increased marginally. However, to survive in the crisis-hit market, traders started selling off their assets to hoard cash. Due to this, the price of the metal fell and closed with a percentage decline of 0.49, at Rs.4,253 per gram on 31 March.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,864 per gram||Rs.3,938 per gram||Rs.3,906 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,927 per gram||Rs.3,869 per gram||Rs.3,995 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,953 per gram from 26 October to 29 October||Rs.3,974 per gram on 3 and 4 November||Rs.4,001 per gram on 29 and 30 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,801 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,869 per gram on 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,848 per gram on 14 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Gurgaon from October 2019 to December 2019:
- Gold prices saw a steady incline in prices in Gurgaon for the month of October. Opening at Rs.3,864 per gram, the metal’s prices remained steady for majority of the month. The lowest price of the yellow metal was on 2 October at Rs.3,801 per gram. As the trade tensions between China and the United States of America increased, investors shifted to the bullion market amidst a weak dollar. China and the United States of America went back and forth on the trade deal and could not reach a mutually beneficial trade deal. In the last week of the month, the price of the metal increased to its highest at Rs.3,953 per gram from 26 October to 29 October. This resulted in gold closing with a percentage incline of 1.63%.
- November nulled the incline in gold prices which occurred in October and was a poor month for the traders investing in gold. Opening at Rs.3,938 per gram, the highest price in the month was recorded on 3 and 4 November at Rs.3,974 per gram. Amidst a positive job data from the United States of America and China, investors shifted to the stock market as the value of the dollar increased in the markets as well. The price of the yellow metal decreased in the last few weeks of the month as the United States Federal Reserve announced an interest rate cut amidst easing tensions between China and the United States of America. At the end, gold ended with a percentage decline of 1.75.
- For the month of December, gold prices recovered from the previous month’s lows to record the highest incline in months. Opening the month at Rs.3,906 per gram, gold prices remained steady in the first few weeks. However, even though the tensions between China and the United States of America eased, geopolitical tensions between the latter and Iran increased due to a drone strike carried out by the U.S. killing a high-ranking Army official. The value of the dollar dipped, and investors shifted to the bullion as safe haven. The highest price of the metal was on 29 December at Rs.4,001 per gram and closed with a percentage incline of 2.27.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,486 per gram||Rs.3,581 per gram||Rs.3,959 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,575 per gram||Rs.3,959 per gram||Rs.3,880 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,612 per gram on 20 July||Rs.4,011 per gram on 27 August||Rs.4,037 per gram on 5 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,444 per gram on 2 July||Rs.3,554 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,838 per gram on 20 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for July 2019 to September 2019:
- Gold prices in Gurgaon opened at Rs.3,486 per gram in July and hit its lowest price in the month on 2 July at Rs.3,444 per gram. However, the precious metal’s price increased through the month hitting its monthly high on 20 July at Rs.3,612 per gram. At the end of the month, gold recorded a marginal increase in prices, closing at Rs.3,575 per gram with an incline of 2.55%.
- In August, as trade tensions between the United States of America and China intensified, investors shifted focus to the bullion as a safe haven. Opening the month at Rs.3,581 per gram, the yellow metal’s prices hit its monthly low on 2 August at Rs.3,554 per gram.
- However, as demand grew locally as well, the price of the precious metal increased throughout the month and closed with a percentage incline of 10.55% at Rs.3,959 per gram.
- In September, due to crisis in the Middle East with the drone attack on Saudi Arabia, and the ongoing trade talks, price of the metal hit its highest on 5 September at Rs.4,037 per gram. However, gold prices decreased gradually, closing the month at Rs.3,880 per gram with a percentage decrease of 1.99.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,266 per gram||Rs.3,266 per gram||Rs.3,276 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,271 per gram||Rs.3,276 per gram||Rs.3,486 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,276 per gram on 28-30 April||Rs.3,313 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,502 per gram on 25 - 27 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,245 per gram from 20-22 April||Rs.3,224 per gram on 24 May||Rs.3,276 per gram on 1 June|
- At the start of April, the gold rate in Gurgaon was recorded at Rs.3,266 per gram. Local demand for the metal during this time was on a decline even though overseas trends remained positive.
- As the local demand remained suppressed at the start of the month of May, the dollar gained value over other currencies. The price of gold then declined, and towards the end of the month it hit its lowest point for the quarter. On the 24th, the metal traded at Rs.3,224 per gram.
- June was the best month for gold as the metal traded at Rs.3,502 per gram from 25 - 27 June, the highest it traded at for the quarter. Global overseas trends clubbed with the surged local and industrial demand for the metal may have influenced the price to incline.
- The last week of the quarter saw a marginal decline in the gold price in Gurgaon as the US and China decided to reignite trade talks. As on 30th June, the price of gold was recorded Rs.3,486 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,234 per gram||Rs.3,392 per gram||Rs.3,402 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,397 per gram||Rs.3,428 per gram||Rs.3,266 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,397 per gram on 31 January||Rs.3,465 per gram on 21 February||Rs.3,402 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,234 per gram on 1 and 2 January||Rs.3,360 per gram on 14 February||Rs.3,239 per gram on 30 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,255 per gram||Rs.3,108 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,260 per gram||Rs.3,124 per gram||Rs.3,239 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,271 per gram on 25 October||Rs.3,266 per gram on 7 November||Rs.3,260 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,140 per gram on 1 October||Rs.3,124 per gram on 30 November||Rs.3,108 per gram from 1 to 3 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,124 per gram||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,056 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,140 per gram on 7 July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,155 per gram on 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,056 per gram on 19 and 31 July||Rs.3,003 per gram from 17 to 19 August||Rs.3,082 per gram on 4 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for April 2018 to June 2018(per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,140 per gram
Rs.3,192 per gram
Rs.3,187 per gram
Rs.3,208 per gram
Rs.3,187 per gram
Rs.3,119 per gram
Rs.3,224 per gram on 20 April
Rs.3,234 per gram on 14 May
Rs.3,192 per gram on 16 June
Rs.3,129 per gram on 7 April
Rs.3,171 per gram on 18 May
Rs.3,119 per gram on 30 June
Overall Monthly Performance
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,010 per gram
Rs.3,077 per gram
Rs.3,113 per gram
Rs.3,066 per gram
Rs.3,129 per gram
Rs.3,134 per gram
Rs.3,120 per gram on 24 and 25 January
Rs.3,161 per gram on 18 and 19 February
Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 and 26 March
Rs.3,010 per gram from 1 to 3 January
Rs.3,035 per gram on 9 February
Rs.3,098 per gram on 19 & 20 March
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for January 2018:
- Gold opened at Rs.3,010 per gram in Gurgaon for the 1st quarter of 2018. This rate, which continued on till the 3rd of the month, was the lowest for January.
- The first three weeks saw gold rate in Gurgaon fluctuate quite a bit due to the dynamic between the US dollar and local demand.
- Over the final week, gold hit its highest for the month - trading at Rs.3,121 per gram on 23rd and 24th as demand from the local market surged amid a poor US dollar.
- When the month came to an end, gold price in Gurgaon were recorded at Rs.3,060 per gram as dollar surged against other currencies and demand dropped.
- There was a 1.19% change in gold price trend this month, compared to December 2017, which was brought about by a steady rise is local demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for February 2018:
- February’s gold trading was marked by a largely tame equity market, which went through a number of changes due to changing dynamics.
- On the 1st of February, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,077 per gram before dropping consistently for most part of the first two weeks.
- During this period, gold rate in Gurgaon dropped to their lowest of Rs.3,035 per gram on the 8th.
- A strong local demand brought about by the wedding season helped gold gain during the third week of the month.
- Gold recorded its highest rate on the 18th of February when it traded at Rs.3,161 per gram.
- As the month progressed, considerable changes were recorded with prices rising and falling on a regular basis.
- Towards the end of the month, demand slid while the dollar consolidated. The metal traded at Rs.3,129 per gram on the final day of the month.
- Gold price in Gurgaon improved on the January’s performance and recorded a 1.68% rise this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for March 2018:
- When the third month of this quarter opened for trading, gold was priced at Rs.3,113 per gram.
- As cues from the global market was positive, gold prices picked up as the weeks progressed. The metal was trading as high as Rs.3,134 per gram at the end of week 2.
- The rise was however curbed by an improving equity market, which eased tensions over a falling US dollar.
- Gold was at its lowest point this month on the 19th and 20th when it traded at Rs.3,098 per gram.
- With demand remaining steady around the 25th, amid a poor US dollar, gold rate in Gurgaon went up to a monthly high figure of Rs.3,171 per gram.
- Demand eased and prices came down to Rs.3,134 per gram on the last day of this month.
- A change of 0.67% was recorded this month, thanks to a steady demand from local buyers.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,063 per gram||Rs.3,006 per gram||Rs.3,016 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,072 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,060 per gram from 18 to 20 November||Rs.3,036 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,026 per gram on 27, 30 and 31 October||Rs.3,006 per gram on 1 November||Rs.2,910 per gram on 11 to 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for October 2017:
- Gold rates in Gurgaon were recorded at Rs.3,063 per gram when trading began for the month of October.
- This, however, dropped down to Rs.as low as Rs.3,028 per gram by the 6th as the equities market remained steady.
- Demand for the precious metal remained largely weak throughout this month due to a strong dollar. Even the busy Dhanteras season failed to stimulate positive changes in the city.
- Prices seemed to be on the decline towards the end of the month as local demand saw little signs of recuperating.
- Gold price in Gurgaon were, in fact, at their lowest this month between the 27th and the 31st when the metal traded at Rs.3,026 per gram.
- A poor domestic demand led to gold price trends falling by 1.20% for this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for November 2017:
- Gold price in Gurgaon had dropped to Rs.3,006 per gram when trading began for the month of November, which was the lowest rate recorded the entire month.
- But, with positive global cues gold rates in Gurgaon seemed to increase over the subsequent days hitting the Rs.3,045 per gram mark by the 10th of the month.
- As the US dollar remained weak and as local demand surged, gold rates reached the Rs.3,060 per gram margin on 18th November.
- This also happened to be the highest rate for the month, made possible by a failing US dollar and an increased festive season demand.
- However, the greenback recuperated to push gold rates down over the remaining days of the month.
- When the month ended, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,026 per gram and there was a 0.66% incline in price trends recorded over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for December 2017:
- December’s trading also yielded positive results in terms of sales figures.
- On the 1st of December, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,016 per gram, which then rose to Rs.3,036 per gram on the 2nd before continuing till the 4th of the month.
- This sharp increase was due to a weak US dollar performance compounded by some poor policies from US president Donald Trump.
- Gold price in Gurgaon underwent a lot of fluctuations over the course of the month before consolidating to end at Rs.3,020 per gram.
- There was a 0.13% incline recorded with regards to gold rate in Gurgaon.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.3,024 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,999 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,992 per gram on 1 and 2 July||Rs.3,017 per gram on 28 August||Rs.3,130 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,843 per gram on 12 and 13 July||Rs.2,930 per gram on 3 August and from 5 to 7 August||Rs.3,024 per gram on 1 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for July 2017:
- Gold rate in Gurgaon opened on a high of Rs.2,992 per gram on the 1st of July.
- The 1st and the 2nd saw a considerably higher rate of gold purchases as the newly legalised GST hadn’t yet taken hold of the market.
- From the 3rd onwards, however, gold price in Gurgaon began to be impacted by the 3% GST levied on all gold purchases.
- The yellow metal’s prices saw significant decreases as it traded at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 4th, which then went down to Rs.2,902 per gram by the end of 9th July.
- Gold price in Gurgaon fell further to Rs.2,872 per gram on the 11th before recording a monthly low figure of Rs.2,843 per gram on the 13th of July.
- The fall in prices occurred despite the US dollar being hit by the US president Donald Trump’s Russia-related scandal.
- Gold trading remained low yet steady with the metal seen trading at Rs.2,883 per gram by the end of July 20.
- The last ten days saw gold rates bounce back as bullion trading was propped up by a weak dollar and a relatively improving domestic outlook.
- When the month ended, gold was priced at Rs.2,950 per gram - a Rs.42 decline from the first day’s rates.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for August 2017:
- In August, gold trading improved as local off take from jewellers and investors surged despite weak demand globally.
- On the 1st of August, gold was priced at Rs.2,960 per gram, which was a slight improvement from the previous day’s rates.
- The lowest rate of Rs.2,930 per gram for the month was recorded between the 3rd and the 7th of the month despite weak dollar performance.
- Gold price in Gurgaon improved from then on, hitting Rs.2,999 per gram on the 11th but fluctuating due to weak demand for the subsequent week.
- Rates reached a monthly high of Rs.3,017 per gram on the 28th as demand from local circles as buying intensified.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for September 2017:
- During September, price of gold in Gurgaon improved, thanks to positive cues worldwide.
- Gold rate in Gurgaon reached a monthly high of Rs.3,130 per gram as the North Korean administration confirmed rumours of its latest nuclear test.
- Prices consolidated towards the end of the month as the US greenback made a comeback.
- When the month ended, gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,063 per gram.
- There was a 1.29% increase in price trends this month, which was the result of a weak US market.
Gold Rate Trend in Gurgaon for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,991 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,012 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,068 per gram on 15 April and 16 April||Rs.3,011 per gram on 1 May and 2 May||Rs.3,057 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,983 per gram from 8 April to 10 April||Rs.2,918 per gram from 11 May to 15 May||Rs.2,982 per gram from 17 June to 22 June|
Gold rate trend in Gurgaon for April 2017
- Gold prices in Gurgaon were on the ascent in the month of April, with gold opening the month at Rs.2,991 per gram on 1 April.
- Demand was high as jewellers sought to replenish stocks due to the ongoing festive season, which was in the rise in gold rates during the first half of the month.
- Overseas demand fluctuated due to decreasing demand from Asia, which led to gold prices dropping to Rs.2,983 per gram on 8 April.
- The U.S. dollar was unsteady as the month progressed, leading to gold rising to Rs.3,068 per gram on 14 & 15 April, the highest rate for the quarter.
- Prices stabilised for the rest of the month due to demand vagaries, though domestic demand helped keep prices from falling too steeply.
- April ended with gold priced at Rs.3,011 per gram on 30 April and recording an increase in price of 0.66% during the month.
Gold rate trend in Gurgaon for May 2017
- Gold traded strongly as the month began but lost steam due to market forces as well as an overall decline in demand.
- The precious metal traded at Rs.3,011 per gram on 1 May before prices fell as markets soared following the victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French presidential election.
- Gold failed to recover from its initial losses as the U.S. dollar was also on a good run, reaching its highest value in 2017 due to positive market cues.
- Local demand was unable to stem the drop in price, though prices rose marginally during the middle of the month, trading at Rs.2,991 per gram on 18 May.
- Prices were more or less stable towards the end of the month as demand stagnated and internal crises in the United States led to stock markets faltering.
- Lowered demand from China and other Asian countries kept gold prices low but domestic demand kept them steady.
- Gold ended the month priced at Rs.2,992 per gram on 31 May, losing 0.63% of its value over the course of the month.
Gold rate trend in Gurgaon for June 2017
- Gold prices improved marginally in the month of June, trading at Rs.3,012 per gram on 1 June.
- Fluctuations in the U.S. dollar value due to the internal crises plaguing the Trump administration led to an increase in demand for bullion, as gold traded at Rs.3,057 per gram on 7 June.
- Markets were also shaky as the G20 summit was underway and global leaders deliberated on socio-economic policies.
- Local demand was muted in spite of favourable market conditions, as evidenced by gold prices falling to Rs.3,007 per gram from 10-14 June.
- While U.S. markets were still uncertain due to poor jobs data, the U.S. dollar gained on other global currencies.
- Gold prices were on the decline for the remainder of the month due to lowered demand from Asia and Europe.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,992 per gram on 30 June, registering a loss in value of 0.66% over the course of the month.
|1st day||Rs.2,844 per gram||Rs.2,978 per gram||Rs.3,009 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,958 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,979 per gram on 23rd and 24th of January||Rs.3,031 per gram from 25th February to 27th||Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,844 per gram from 1st January to 3rd February||Rs.2,957 per gram from 4th February to 6th February||Rs.2,950 per gram on 15th March|
Gold Rate Trend for Gurgaon in January 2017
- On the 1st day of the new year, gold opened at Rs.2,844 per gram and stayed steady at this rate until the 3rd of the month.
- Due to positive market cues, the rate of gold went up marginally to trade at Rs.2,855 per gram before rising even further to trade at Rs.2,866 per gram from the 5th of January to the 9th.
- Thanks to an increase in the demand for this metal, as the third week of January progressed, the rate of gold continued to rise with marginal fluctuations.
- On the 24th of January, gold traded at Rs.2,979 per gram which was the highest at which gold traded at for the month.
- This rate was noted on the 25th of January as well.
- At the end of the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,958 per gram, recording a rise of 4% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Gurgaon in February 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,978 per gram on the 1st of February and was steady at this rate until the 3rd of February.
- However, on the 4th of February, the rate of gold reduced due to a rise in the value of the U.S.Dollar trading at Rs.2,957 per gram.
- This rate was steady until the 6th of February post which the rate of gold increased again.
- Due to high demand from jewellers in domestic markets, the rate of gold shot up to Rs.3,009 per gram on the 8th of February and stayed at this rate until the 10th of February before declining again.
- The price of gold was steady at Rs.2,999 per gram from the 18th of February to the 24th of February due to steady demand.
- Gold closed the month of February in Gurgaon by trading at Rs.3,020 per gram recording an incline of 1.41% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Gurgaon in March 2017
- This precious metal traded at Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st of March and stayed at this rate until the 2nd as well
- However, the rate of gold reduced the next day to trade at Rs.2,990 per gram and stayed steady at this rate until the 6th before reducing again.
- Due to the impact of the Dutch elections as well as the U.S. Fed’s decision regarding the rate of interest, the price of gold plunged to a monthly low of Rs.2,950 per gram on the 15th of March.
- A marginal recovery was noted in the rate of gold hereafter however.
- The rate of gold fluctuated between Rs.3,003 per gram and Rs.2,993 per gram between the 22nd of March and 26th of March, before steadily trading at Rs.3,003 per gram from the 27th of March to the 30th of March.
- As the month came to an end, gold traded at Rs.2,991 per gram recording a decline of 0.59% in the price of gold.
|1st day||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,099 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,099 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram||Rs.2,844 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,205 per gram from 1st-4th October||Rs.3,213 per gram on 5th & 6th November||Rs.2,893 per gram on 1st & 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,088 per gram from 6th-25th October||Rs.2,929 per gram from 25th-27th November||Rs.2,800 per gram from 23rd-28th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Gurgaon in October 2016
- Gold prices during the first week of October were unchanged from the previous month as demand was consistent.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,205 per gram as the month began, with slight fluctuations in the price observed in response to demand.
- Prices remained unchanged for the next two weeks due to demand stagnating, as both domestic and international demand slowed.
- The U.S. elections and uncertainty over the results led to markets in America dropping, which led to a spurt in gold demand, boosting prices as the month ended.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,099 per gram on 31st October, marking a decline of 3.30% in overall value.
Gold Rate Trend for Gurgaon in November 2016
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,099 per gram on 1st November, with prices more or less constant due to stable demand.
- As the U.S, election results were declared, markets plunged on the uncertainty of a Donald Trump-led government, which led to greater demand for gold, pushing prices higher.
- The demonetisation of Rs.1,000 and Rs.500 notes led to panic across Indian markets, as demand from investors led to an increase in the price of gold.
- As markets settled, demand for gold dropped due to a currency shortage across India and a strengthening of the U.S. Dollar abroad.
- Gold prices failed to recover as the month ended, trading at Rs.2,941 per gram on 20th November, recording a decrease of over 4% in value.
Gold Rate Trend for Gurgaon in December 2016
- The month of December saw little change in the overall price of gold as demand continued to be sluggish.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,893 per gram on 1st December as brisk trading resulted in lowered demand for the metal, which affected demand in India as well.
- The continuing currency shortage led to demand being lower than usual, which kept prices low.
- Prices dropped during Christmas as demand for bullion fell, with the U.S. Dollar also gaining on other global currencies due to an increase in consumer spending.
- As the currency shortage showed signs of easing, demand for gold increased in the domestic markets, which helped raise priced marginally.
- Gold ended the year trading at Rs.2,844 per gram, recording a decline of 1.69%.
|1st day||Rs.3,167 per gram||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,217 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,227 per gram from 7th to 9th July||Rs.3,248 per gram on 4th and 10th August||Rs.3,228 per gram from 7th to 12th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,163 per gram on 22nd July||Rs.3,205 per gram from 26th to 31st August||Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July.
- Owing to high demand in the domestic and global markets, gold prices climbed to Rs.3,227 per gram on 7th July to 9th July.
- Demand dropped in the second half of July as expectations of the rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve were high.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,219 per gram on 31st July marking an increase of 1.64% in gold prices this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in August 2016
- Stable demand led to a constant trend in gold prices till 9th August with gold trading at Rs.3,219 per gram.
- High demand in the domestic market could be attributed to the upcoming festive season.
- Gold rates soon started to plummet as the anticipation of a Fed rate hike grew stronger.
- Gold traded at its lowest price this month at Rs.3,205 per gram from 26th to 31st August.
- There was a drop in gold prices by 0.43% this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in September 2016
- Gold continued to trade at low rates as the month of September began.
- Demand for the metal picked up after the U.S. Federal Reserve announced the delay of the Fed rate hike in light of the presidential elections.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,228 per gram from 7th to 12th September which was the highest for this month.
- By the end of the month, gold was trading at Rs.3,217 per gram which indicated an increase of 1.04% in gold prices.
|1st day||Rs. 2,943 per gram||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960|
|Last day||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs. 2,960 per gram||Rs. 3,167|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,119 per gram on 30th of April||Rs. 3,120 per gram on the 7th, 8th and 9th of May||Rs. 3,182 on 28th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,933 per gram on the 5th of April.||Rs. 2,960 per gram from the 28th to the 30th of May||Rs. 2,950 on 2nd June|
|Change||Rs. 176 per gram||Rs. 159 per gram||+6.99%|
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in April 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs. 2,943 per gram on the first of April and remained stable until the 4th after which they fluctuated as the month progressed.
- Marginal losses were written off by subsequent gains as the month progressed.
- The highest price recorded in April was on the last day of the month when rates soared to Rs.3,070.
- The overall increase in rates when comparing prices on the first day and the last day of the month was Rs. 165.
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in May 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,119 on the 1st of May and remained stable for three days before fluctuating until the 6th, after which they gained stability at Rs.3,120 until the 9th of the month.
- Following a slight decline, prices were constant at Rs.3,080 from the 10th to the 16th of May, followed by fluctuations and marginal declines.
- Prices were also constant between the 19th and 24th of May at Rs.3,048.
- The last week of May recorded the most significant losses and the overall decline in rates over the course of 31 days was Rs.153.
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in June 2016
- At the start of the month, rate of gold was Rs.2,960 per gram.
- Price of gold reduced by Rs.10 the next day to cost Rs.2,950 per gram and this rate was steady until the last day of week.
- Continuing from the week 1, the price of gold was Rs.2,950 on the first day of the week and rose slightly thereafter.
- The price of gold was steady at Rs.3,003 per gram on the 6th and 7th.
- Gold rate reduced marginally after that on the 8th to cost Rs.2,983 per gram.
- Prices increased thereafter and the price of gold was Rs.3,006 on the last day of the week.
- Price of gold rose from Rs.3,006 per gram on the 12th to Rs.3,056 per gram on the 13th.
- Along with the above, from the 14th to 16th of June, gold rate was steady at Rs.3,066 per gram.
- There was a significant rise in price seen thereafter with price of gold being Rs.3,109 per gram from 17th to the 20th.
- On the 19th, the rate of gold was Rs.3,109 which continued from the week 3.
- There were fluctuations seen in rates seen from 19th to 22nd of June with the highest during those four days being Rs.3,120 per gram on the 21st.
- From 23rd to the 27th, the rate of gold was steady at Rs.3,098 per gram.
- Gold rate was at Rs.3,098 per gram and was the same on the 26th and 27th of June.
- There was a rise noted in the rate of gold on 28th with price of gold being Rs.3,182 per gram which was also the highest for the month.
- The above price was steady for the following day as well and reduced slightly to close at Rs.3,167 per gram on 30th June.
|1st day||Rs. 2,585 per gram||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,037 per gram||Rs. 2,948 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,727 per gram on January 28th.||Rs. 3,049 per gram on February 26th.||Rs. 2,994 per gram from March 1st and 2nd.|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,580 per gram on January 2nd to 4th.||Rs. 2,756 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,871 per gram from March 28th.|
|Change||Rs. 171 per gram||Rs. 281 per gram||Rs. 82 per gram|
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,585 per gram on the 1st of January and fluctuated until the 7th of the month after which they gained stability at Rs.2,676 until the 12th of January.
- The highest rate of gold in the month of January was recorded on the 28th when prices hit Rs. 2,727 per gram.
- A gain of Rs.171 was recorded on the last day of January in comparison with the first day of trading in the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in February 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,756 per gram on the 1st of February and prices fluctuated until the 5th of the month after which they gained stability for two days at Rs.2,868.
- After a marginal decline, prices then remained stable between the 8th to the 10th at Rs.2,863 and also between the 12th and 15th at Rs.3,008.
- Marginal declines were written off by subsequent gains as the month progressed.
- The highest rate of gold in the month of February was recorded on the 26th as prices soared to Rs.3,049.
- The overall increase in the value of gold when comparing prices at the start of the month and prices at the end of the month was Rs.281.
Gold Rate Trend of Gurgaon in March 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,030 per gram for the entirety of the first two weeks of the month.
- Gold price dropped marginally to Rs.2,940 on the 15th and remained stable for the next three days, after which they were constant at 2,998 until the 24th of the March.
- Gold prices then declined by Rs.50 and remained stable at Rs.2,948 until the end of the month.
- Fluctuations in prices over the course of the month resulted in an overall decline of Rs.82 between the first and the 31st of March owing to a jeweller strike.
Gold Investment Avenues In Gurgaon
Gold is highly sought after in Gurgaon due to its double benefit as an investment for the future a well as it resale value. Due to the large number of working professionals in Gurgaon, the demand for gold is high, keeping in accordance with the income of its residents. Some of the best and most feasible avenues through which one can purchase gold in Gurgaon are as follows:
Over-the-counter: Gurgaon is littered with jewellery shops that specialise in the buying and selling of gold at competitive prices. Customers can purchase gold in the form of jewellery, gold coins and much more from these stores, and will receive certificates of authenticity for every purchase.
Online Portals: Gurgaon has a number of online portals through which one can purchase or sell gold. These portals provide customers with ways of checking the purity of their gold and providing them with up to date information regarding the rates for the precious metal.
Market Trade: Customers can also invest in gold through Gold ETFs, Gold Funds etc, which can be traded on the stock exchange. This can be done by opening a demat account and is a convenient method of trading in gold since the customer can do this from her or her home.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Haryana