*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Jammu and Kashmir
Nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, Jammu and Kashmir has the power to mesmerize us with its beauty. There are few objects which can match the beauty of this place, gold perhaps being the only element which evokes as much awe as Jammu and Kashmir. Gold has a long relationship with J&K, forming an integral part of its history and culture. Gold rates in Jammu and Kashmir depend on the economic conditions prevalent in the country, which in turn are closely related to international trends.
The demand for gold in Jammu and Kashmir peaks during the festival and wedding season, with jewellers across the state offering a plethora of options to residents. Gold has also been viewed as an excellent investment avenue in the state, serving a dual purpose for gold owners.
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,943 per gram.||Rs.3,119 per gram.||Rs.2,960 per gram.|
|Last day||Rs.3,119 per gram.||Rs.2,960 per gram.||Rs.3,167 per gram.|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 30th April.||Rs.3,120 per gram from 7th-9th May.||Rs.3,182 per gram on 28th June.|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,933 per gram on 5th April.||Rs.2,960 per gram from 28th-31st May.||Rs.2,950 per gram from 2nd-5th, 24th-27th and 29th June.|
|Trend||Increase in price.||Decrease in price.||Increase in price.|
|Change||+5.98% increase.||-5.09% decrease.||+6.99% increase.|
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir in April 2016
- Gold prices were quite stable during the month, with prices increasing as the demand increased after the strike was called off.
- Prices rose in the second week of April and high demand pushed prices up by Rs.40 per gram in a day.
- Rates increased marginally as the month progressed.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,119 per gram on the 30th of April.
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir in May 2016
- Prices were high at the beginning of the month but declined due to market factors and low demand.
- Gold traded at highs of Rs.3,120 on the 7th of May but prices declined in the subsequent weeks.
- A stronger market led to lowered demand for gold, causing prices to fall.
- Speculation over a U.S. rate hike caused markets to rally, with gold trading at Rs.2,960 per gram at the end of May.
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir in June 2016
- Prices slowly rose as gold rallied after a poor showing in the previous month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,003 per gram in the first week of June as markets continued to make gains.
- As the possibility of a rate hike declined, the markets began to falter and demand for gold rose.
- The impending Brexit referendum led to market instability, leading to demand for gold, pushing prices up to Rs.3,167 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,585 per gram.||Rs.2,756 per gram.||Rs.3,030 per gram.|
|Last day||Rs.2,756 per gram.||Rs.3,037 per gram.||Rs.2,948 per gram.|
|Highest price||Rs.2,772 per gram on 28th Jan.||Rs.3,049 per gram on 26th Feb.||Rs.3,030 per gram on 1st, 3rd-14th March.|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,580 per gram on 4th Jan.||Rs.2,756 on 1st Feb.||Rs.2,940 per gram from 15th-17th March.|
|Trend||Increase in price.||Increase in price.||Decrease in price.|
|Change||+6.61% increase.||+10.19% increase.||-2.70% decrease.|
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir in January 2016
- Gold retailed at a steady rate with marginal gains during the first half of the month.
- Prices rose as demand from jewellers and industry was high.
- Prices plateaued at Rs.2,655 for a week as demand shrunk.
- Rate increased as demand rose again, closing the month at Rs.2,756 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir in February 2016
- Gold prices climbed steadily higher as demand was constant due to the festive season.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,756 per gram at the start of the month, reaching highs of Rs.3,049 per gram on the 26th of February.
- Global cues and consistent demand domestically resulted in prices being relatively stable, with gold closing at Rs.3,037 per gram on the 29th of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Jammu and Kashmir in March 2016
- Gold prices in March were stagnant due to the nationwide jewellers’ strike that lasted the whole month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,030 per gram for the first half of the month before falling to Rs.2,940 per gram for the remainder of the month.
- Reduced demand from industrial units pushed prices down further, leading to a price stagnation.
Details of Gold Price in Jammu and Kashmir (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till October 2015
Gold rates in Jammu and Kashmir depend on the purity of gold, with different rates for 22 and 24 karat gold.
24 Karat Gold – 24 karat gold is the purest form of gold one can purchase in the market, having a purity of 99.9%. Individuals who wish to purchase 24 karat gold in Jammu and Kashmir would need to pay Rs 2,712 per gram (as of October 20, 2015). Gold rates in the state have witnessed turbulent times, witnessing highs and lows over the last year. Prices were at their highest in January 2015, costing Rs 2,850 per gram before gradually decreasing over the next few months. Prices fell below the Rs 2,600 per gram mark in July 2015, going as low as Rs 2,510 before climbing back to their current rates.
22 Karat Gold – 22 Karat gold is around 92% pure, making it cheaper than 24 karat gold. Individuals wishing to buy 1 gram of 22 karat gold in Jammu and Kashmir would have to shell out Rs 2,532 (as of October 20, 2015). Gold rate trends for 22 karat gold are closely related to 24 karat gold, with January 2015 seeing the highest rates this year when 1 gram gold cost as much as Rs 2,650. July 2015 saw prices fall to their lowest in five years, dropping to as low as Rs 2,350. Gold rates hovered around the Rs 2,500 per gram mark for most of the period between January and July 2015.
Gold investment avenues in Jammu and Kashmir
Gold forms an integral component of the investment portfolio of residents in Jammu and Kashmir, with multiple options to suit the needs of everyone.
Market Trade – While market trade of gold is yet to find favour among local residents, there are a few people who have started experimenting with it, thanks to the huge potential it offers. E-gold, futures contracts and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are some of the options one can choose from.
Over-the-counter – A majority of the gold purchased in the state comes in the form of over-the-counter purchase through jewellers and banks. Jewellery is the preferred form of purchasing gold and the state has jewellery shops to cater to the demand for gold. Gold purchased from banks might be a bit more expensive on account of purity checks and guarantees.
Also Check Gold Prices in the Cities of Jammu and Kashmir
|Gold Rate In Jammu||Gold Rate In Srinagar|
Read More On Gold
Buying Gold In India? Make Sure It’s Real Gold
Buying gold is considered a cultural norm in India. But are your sure about the purity of the gold you’re buying? Find out ways to differentiate between real gold and adulterated gold before spending your hard-earned money.
How Do Fluctuations In The Gold Rate Affect The Indian Economy?
Gold has always been tied in with the fortunes of the Indian economy but not many really understand what effect it really has in a larger sense. Find out how fluctuations in gold prices affect the economy of the country.
Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
Buying gold can be a great financial investment. However it is also important to keep in mind a few things when buying gold. Find out what steps you can take before putting your hard-earned money into gold purchases.
Gold Rate Trend In India in Year 2015
Gold is one of the most sought-after commodities in India, but there are ways to determine whether you can plan ahead and purchase gold for a good price. Learn about the gold rate trends in India to get an insight into the market.